Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (AquaDyne, Miales), 20 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#971257 Thu 16/05/19 18:33 UTC
Gryphon Offline OP
Confusingly Confused
OP Offline
Confusingly Confused
Fate of Cthulhu Kickstarter Enters Final Week

The Fate of Cthulhu Kickstarter has been doing great – we're at over $65,000 raised so far — but we still need your support to reach all of the wonderful stretch goals we recently announced, including stretch goals by Ash McAllan, James Mendez Hodes, and Leverage / Librarians / Kingkiller Chronicles showrunner John Rogers. Help us make them a reality for you and our other backers! Every pledge counts.

In case you're still on the fence, we'd like to tell you a few things about Fate of Cthulhu.

This is not your traditional take on Lovecraft. The Elder Gods have already risen; you've been sent back in time to try and stop them. This makes the game more like Terminator or Aliens in feel than, say, Shadows Over Innsmouth.
This game doesn't use a sanity mechanic. We don't believe in stigmatizing or trivializing people's real life struggles with mental health. But also: we want your heroes to rise in competence instead of decaying into incapacity. This is Cthulhu with an action movie bent, not a gloomy suspense/horror vibe.

Innovative rules cover corruption by the Elder Gods, time travel ripple effects, heroic last stands, and rituals & spells.
It's a standalone RPG. We've tuned the essentials of Fate Core to a tight 50 pages contained within, so you don't need any other books to play.

The text of the game is ready to go. Backers get immediate access to the fully-playable rules-complete PDF.
We've already unlocked four stretch goals, including three new timelines to add variety to your apocalypses. And there are more timelines ahead as we fund more stretch goals

Delivery won't be held hostage to the success of the campaign. Our stretch goals are digital. We have art to order and some other editorial clean-up but we're very confident in our delivery estimate for the physical book. Our track record across a dozen Kickstarters shows if anything we deliver well ahead of schedule. And if you're worried about the impact of the recently announced tariffs—which look like they'll be hitting games and toys brought in from China—there's nothing to worry about, because this book (like all our books) will be printed in the USA.

Kickstarter Link

This is the game that finally sold me on Fate. I’m avidly reading through all the toolkits and Worlds now. I hope it can make the 90k stretch goal.

Gryphon Offline OP
Confusingly Confused
OP Offline
Confusingly Confused
I've ordered a copy off the Kickstarter- the game, so far, looks fairly cool!

EvilHat has generally put out some very well thought out products. Looking forward to this one.

Gryphon Offline OP
Confusingly Confused
OP Offline
Confusingly Confused
Hey Saph!

They made the stretch goal of 90K!

Actually they brought in just over 93K!

Woohoo!! That’s a really good showing. smile Excited to get those new timelines.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Thanks for posting this. I completely missed the Kickstarter but I do enjoy both Cthulu and cinematic action as well as time travel stories. I will definitely have to pick this up during the GM day sale.

Gryphon Offline OP
Confusingly Confused
OP Offline
Confusingly Confused
Pande,

I've been flipping through my copy, it looks like quite an excellent product.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Awesome!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
KenSeg
KenSeg
Jensen Beach, Florida
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,823
Posts140,425
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy