Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Neptune, Miales), 11 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 58 of 58 1 2 56 57 58
Wolf #980410 Sun 06/10/19 01:38 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
... folks ... i worked 12 hours today and am looking forwards to a 12 hour day tomorrow ... so HWD may be delayed this week. apologies.

Wolf #983311 Sun 01/12/19 17:39 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
since 10 am saturday i have been on planes or been in one of four airports.

flooomf.

let me recover please!

Wolf #984014 Mon 16/12/19 02:29 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC note: Nizhentska is battered, bruised, and she did have her breath knocked out of her, but she is not hurt per se — no broken bones, no cuts or lacerations — she just got bopped similar to a bean bag in a bean bag toss!

Wolf #986508 Sun 23/02/20 18:21 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
Why do we do this?

The Heartwood started in a dorm room in Lee Hall at Virginia Tech in 1979 because a group of us had had enough. We just didn't understand why an orc would be standing in a little ten by ten room all their life. We wondered what the life of the innkeeper was when he wasn't serving beer to the players. Why did all adventures start in a tavern? In the end, of the three of us — Ron, Peaches and me — I was the one who ended up telling the Heartwood's story.

Why do we do this?

It was the way I could not just tell a story. I had seen so many folks write things and the pages end up in a box in the corner of the bedroom closet. This is something I could never have done alone. I had lots of help.

Each incarnation things got better. This time, Dominic Korie became more than just a scoundrel. Broke taught me the difference between fighting for something and protecting someone. And finally, finally, I got Romana right.

The Heartwood changed because of you.

There will not be a second Snowqueen of Dawnview Vale. Linnell Allaine lived to watch her daughter become Khorall and relations between Talantal and the Vale were strengthened, not destroyed.

Montague was defeated in the only way that actually mattered.

The tale of the Forest Folk was new and very precious to me.

None of this would have mattered if it had not been shared.

It's interesting. It's not what happened that I will remember. It's the people who walked upon The Heartwood.

Kisa Allaine. Dommi and Emmi, Dandelion, Broke, and Tomomi, Tashka and Linette. Kay and Romana. One Fang. Lady and Girl and Renyard the Fox. Eleni Allaine. I will remember the story of Lorelei MacLaine. I will remember the story of Gweneth. I will remember the story of Daxia, I will remember the story of Lyric. Of Darian and Longtooth. Even Bekkah, who was never just a sidekick.

I will remember the stories of all of you.

And isn't that the way things are supposed to be?

It's not what happens in this world that is important, but who we share them with.

I don't know where The Heartwood will go next.

Despite rumors to the contrary, I have never planned beyond the next post.

But I do know one thing.

There are still more stories to share.

Wolf #986518 Mon 24/02/20 00:00 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
While it’s true that you’ve driven me daft over the past eight and a half years of this iteration of The Heartwood, it is also true that there are few characters for whom I’ve written that have gripped hold of my imagination and brain cells the way Daxia Yurisdotter has. She’s edged out every single “minor” character, nudged (nicely) the Irish Starship Captain out of the way, and has been going toe-to-toe with the Not A Redhead Superhero since said superhero came on the scene.

Like the Heartwood itself, Dazi still has so many stories left to share.

And as soon as my brain rests and resets, you best believe I’ll be writing those stories. There’s so much to do in Bordertown. wink

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Wolf #986519 Mon 24/02/20 00:15 UTC
Online Away
I would be interested to know if the Fae realms have become part of the Heartwood again, merging themselves back into one world... and I imagine there would be mixed feelings about that, but mostly negative ones, fear driving much of that. and Fae in the world... that is going to upset the balance of the old Heartwood. so much change... so much Chaos to come... and one day, Order will find a way to achieve the balance it always should have had.

yeah, i will await the return of the game. there are still many unresolved thread to weave into a new story

Wolf #987036 Tue 03/03/20 16:42 UTC
Thanks for this Wolf. It's an amazing world and as Kel tells me repeatedly, I'm way to flighty so I was never really ever able to write for it well enough for what you deserved. I've never written deep characters so I knew that this was always going to be a massive struggle for me, which is why I went for Sidekick mode. I'm glad you let Bekkah tag along. She felt real to me, but that reality never including anything remotely close to leading. It's just not in me or her.

Wolf #989459 Thu 16/04/20 14:31 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Hi guys,

Just checking in with you as I am on my round of monthly game checks. Has HWD finished? If so I will move it to the Hall of Fame for all to dip in and out as they wish! smile

If this is a temporary close - because let's face it the world has changed for everyone recently - then can you give me an idea of when it mey reopen again?

Thanks! smile

Wolf #989516 Fri 17/04/20 02:24 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The February 23 post concluded HWD: Come Take a Walk campaign.

There will be another session of HWD in the future, but it will be a new game, so this campaign can be sent to the Hall of Fame.

The next campaign will be something along the lines of HWD: What Happened to the Mouse?

As the link explains, that's a TV tropes thing and NOT a Forest Folk thing. Some of the Missing Mice that are being considered are:

1. What happens when the Fae discover they are once again part of the Mortal World?
2. The Temple at Bordertown and their neighbors
3. The Quest for a Certain Forgotten Somebody

Last edited by Wolf; Fri 17/04/20 02:24 UTC.
Wolf #989527 Fri 17/04/20 03:22 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
A Certain Somebody has not been forgotten, you know. smile There are two Player Characters interested in knowing what happened to a Certain Somebody in addition to the handful or more of Native Characters who would like to know. I don't think either PC could take part in that quest... at least not yet.

SO many questions left unanswered! wink

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Wolf #989547 Fri 17/04/20 13:36 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
OK then I will move the forum and wish you luck in your next set of adventures.. whatever they are! grin

Page 58 of 58 1 2 56 57 58

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,447
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy