I've been watching some pretty cool foreign Netflix Turkish supernatural series. If you can get by the dubbed voice, the endless cliches and over-acting (an major understatement), these are worth seeing. Aside from the story, the cultural differences are subtle but noticeable and I find them interesting. It also give the viewer an honest glimpse of non-Western society.

The Gift (Atiye) is the newer one, having come out just this past week. It's about a Atiye, a young woman that is discovering a supernatural legacy about herself. She has visions and discovers powers. I watched the entire 8-episode first season (apx 40 minutes each) in one night. It's got lots of drama, intrigue and plot twists.

Having watched The Protector a while back made me look for and find the other series. This one is about a young guy that is discovering a supernatural legacy about himself (is that deja vu?). There are two seasons of this show. Hakan is a superhero in the mold of some of the Marvel TV shows like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil.

These are not must-see TV but if you're looking to binge on something different, give them a try.