Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Asta, Vryx, Neptune), 57 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Neptune #988266 Fri 27/03/20 02:57 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

At Davroar's question,

"Apparently they watch for a threat from Yartar. More detail than that was not forthcoming."

He tried to assert a faster pace on the group.

Neptune #988363 Sat 28/03/20 21:02 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

As he walked through he eyed the different patrons, already deciding upon what he might offer for entertainment, even the order of songs.

Smiling a winning grin at the bartender he indicated the shiny flute. "I heard that there might be entertainment needed in this establishment. Who might I speak to about the details?"

Last edited by Pandemonium; Sat 28/03/20 21:03 UTC.
Neptune #988384 Sun 29/03/20 12:00 UTC
M
Online Content
M
<Bern>

He smiled and nodded when he noticed to flute, but didn't want to interrupt the man's 'negotiations' with the bartender.

MikeD
Neptune #988422 Mon 30/03/20 03:40 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"Perhaps we can learn more about Yartar at the tavern, Kriv."

He picks up his pace to match Kriv's, as he is looking forward to getting something to eat.

Neptune #988444 Mon 30/03/20 13:13 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Good idea Davroar. Must be a reason behind it. Be interesting to find out."

She has to hurry so that her shorter legs can keep up with her companions but the promise of dry comfortable surroundings and a hot meal are a definite incentive.

"How was the guard? Friendly & helpful or guarded and officious? Sometimes they reflect the hierarchy above them."

Neptune #988453 Mon 30/03/20 16:07 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"He seemed a bit, ....., um cautious? Not really the right word." She looks at Kriv for input. "Definitely does not like Yartar though."

Neptune #988463 Mon 30/03/20 20:16 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

"Guarded." The Dragonborn affirmed. "He gave up the bare minimum of information, was diligent and careful. Good attributes in a watchman keeping an eye on a place we would want kept safe, even if temporarily inconvenient. Competent command above, to put him there. His affiliation remains unstated, be it the town or the coster. No appeal to a higher authority made."

Neptune #988483 Tue 31/03/20 03:41 UTC
Neptune Online Content OP
OP Online Content
At the Talking Troll
The owner smiles at the arrival of a new visitor with a flute. "I am the owner, Kaleen.I see no reason why I should prohibit you from laying your hat on the floor in the hope that some of my customers fill it with coin. If you are good, perhaps they will?"

He turns back to Bern, with whom he was talking before Sindar had arrived and said, "You see, this man knows what a good venue this could be!"

Then he turns back to the bard. "I was telling... I'm sorry, what was your name again?...Anyhow, I was telling him how it is my dream to turn this place into a theater. It just takes some imagination, right?"

Arus was contemplating what to do with the despondent priest.

In the street
Zhu and Kriv catch up with Jaliera and Davroar who were already on their way to the Northshield House. Their destination was visible as they stopped to talk.

-Nep
Neptune #988496 Tue 31/03/20 12:12 UTC
M
Online Content
M
<Bern>

He grinned a bit when the newcomer and Kaleen came to an agreement. He was looking forward to hearing some music. "Bern", he said offering his hand to each in turn.

MikeD
Neptune #988511 Tue 31/03/20 13:39 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Talking whilst walking I believe. Want to get out of the rain. smile ]

Jaliera

"Nice to know we are in safe hands."

She smiles, thinking that you could always rely on Kriv for a full answer.

"Looks like that must be the place."

She points out a building ahead.

Neptune #988561 Tue 31/03/20 21:33 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"I am good," he states without any extra pride in his tone. "You will need to reorganize a bit to offer the best entertainment. I will do my part and give people a reason to sit and listen, which of course means enjoy your creations as well."

He turns and looks over the room trying to decide where he might best gather all eyes to him. He knows that many will hear him and that will do a lot of the work. However, his winning smile and small dance moves might help too. Though he wants more than just coins tossed into his hat, he does need a place to stay. However, this place doesn't seem like it has rooms and he didn't want to sleep in a common room where it was open to the rain.

His fingers limbered up along the fine holes of the flute as they had a mind of their own.

Turning back to the owner he says "we will talk after I have entertained the crowd for a bit. You will know my value then."

Once he has a place picked out he moves in that direction.

Neptune #988823 Sun 05/04/20 19:54 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

Arus sniffs and glances over his shoulder at the bar.

He counts 5 gp into the palm of his hand, showing the priest.

"I shall pay thy debt." Arus says, "These five gold will go to the bar. Thou, Silvarren, wilt go to Red Larch.

"And this---" Arus slaps the priest sharply upside his head with a gauntleted hand. "Is so thou dost not forget."

Arus straightens the cuff of his gauntlet and returns to the bar to pay Kaelen.

Having done so, he nods to barkeep, Bern and the newcomer at the bar.

"Gentlemen, I think I will call it a night."

Neptune #988973 Tue 07/04/20 23:14 UTC
OP Online Content
DM

At the Talking Troll

When the gold coins land in the priest's hands, his eyes widen, bloodshot as they are and he stares into the Triton's eyes.

OOC: From the book: "they can persuade him to attend to his duties in Red Larch with a successful DC 10 Charisma (Persuasion) check." so please provide.

Sindar starts to play and the mood at the Talking Troll starts to lighten. Even as the rain continues to pellet the ground, the music chips away at any anguish that might have led someone to drown themselves in alcohol. One old geezer tries to dance but falls flat on his face, only to draw laughter, a shocking thing, from other patrons. The aged drunk stands right up, none the worse for his little tumble, and drops a silver at the feet of the bard. This was the first of a slow procession. The earnings were coming in slowly. He took a break in time to notice the man with the blue-green skin press gold into the hands of the fellow he was talking to. That moment came just as he prepared to wet his lips and give them a break from the flute.

OOC: I'll Sindar a little time (one or two posts) to interact with Arus and Bern before we close up for the night. Sindar's conversation with Arus would be considered to have happened prior to the line "Gentlemen, I think I will call it a night." and he can pick up with Bern too. By the end of the night, Sindar will have earned 3gp, less than he might have elsewhere, but certainly more than enough to pay for a comfortable place to stay for the night.

At the Northshield House

The quartet stepped out of the rain and into the inn. As they cross the threshhold, three large Mastifs rise from the floor of the adjacent common room and race into the lobby to greet the new arrivals. They stop obediently as a woman also walks into the lobby holding her palm to them, stopping them. She has dark skin, black curly black hair and a welcoming smile. "Hello! How may I help you?"

At first glance, the inn looks nice and comfortable. It seems clean and quiet.

-Nep
Neptune #988991 Wed 08/04/20 09:26 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Rgr rgr, makes sense, Neptune.

Arus Persuasion, rolled 17 total.]

Neptune #988995 Wed 08/04/20 10:48 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

At first she feels a sense of relief to be out of the rain but that disappears quite quickly as three large dogs run at them. Instinctively she steps closer to Davroar. Thankfully they too stop dead as a woman comes into view.

Heart still thudding, she will let one of the others respond.

Neptune #989076 Thu 09/04/20 06:47 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

The three Mastifs startles him a little bit, but is glad that they are well trained as they heel at the womans command. Slipping off his rain-soaked fur-clad hood, he returns a smile and replies, "Hello! Looking to get some food please."

Neptune #989081 Thu 09/04/20 12:13 UTC
M
Online Content
M
<Bern>

He leaned back against the bar, clearly enjoying the music. He smiled, pulled out a gold piece and tossed it into the pile at the man's feet.

MikeD
Neptune #989089 Thu 09/04/20 14:59 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She enters after Jaliera and Davroar and notes the large canines with a slightly raised brow. She doesn't react to their approach, not surprised when they heel and the woman comes into view.

Adding to Davroar's comment, she says, "We were also given to understand we could obtain lodging here?"

Neptune #989107 Thu 09/04/20 21:16 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

The half-elf admires the blue-skinned man as he approaches. He didn't know the man's race though he had met many different types of people as he traveled around the lands.
<Leaving room to communicate should the opportunity present itself.>

<Later from where he has chosen to play>
His music starts out soft and builds, working the crowd and their feelings. He augments the high points of songs with a bit of extra light and sparkle to enhance people's enjoyment of his music. He shows that he has skills in entertainment and musical ability.

Neptune #989315 Tue 14/04/20 03:21 UTC
OP Online Content
DM

At the Northshield House

The woman has a kind and welcoming manner about her. She responds to both Davroar and Zhu with a sweet smile. "Yes, there are rooms and we do serve food. Sovarish has prepared some nice meal for our guests and the food is hot. We expect those coming in from a long day's trip are going to be famished! My name is Urgala, and I am your hostess."

"Yes, I still have a handful of rooms, but I expect to be close to full by evening's end. The last of my singles was rented out a short while ago to a fine man that came in on the Yartar caravan. With Harvesttide just having passed and two caravans pulling into town tonight, beds might be scarce. I hope that the four of you want two rooms between you? You can figure out who sleeps with whom. Otherwise, if I run out of rooms, you might find yourself sharing a room with a stranger."

With a matronly manner, Urgala looks at her guests, drenched from the rain and smiles, "Each bed is one gold per night. That room also comes with one meal, which I think is a terrific deal. I'll also have Manisol bring you each some towels to dry yourselves down with."
[Linked Image]

At the Talking Troll
The evening winds down, with Arus being the first to depart the tavern. He has a room already at the Northshield house. Perhaps a word or two are exchanged with any others but the tavern owner, the ranger and the priest were the ones he got to know a bit.

Bern sat back and enjoyed the music that the half-elf bard played as he drank the various beverages that Kaelen Sarssir put in front of him. The proprieter kept talking about his grand plans to turn the establishment into a world renown theater. He talked about how he would light the place, where he would build the stage and create an band pit. He talked and talked but Bern quickly figured out that these were all dreams. Alas, if the man had initiative, he might have fixed that hole in the ceiling. As he thoughts about that hole, his mind shifted to the need to find a place to sleep, and maybe meet up with his friends from Phandelver.

Sidnar's melodies brought the Talking Troll to life as some joined in and sang. By the end of the night, he knew that he had earned what he would earn as no new people were coming in and those who had tipped him already would feel as if their obligation had been met. By the end of his set he was content to accept the smiles and the chorus of voices from the audience as bonus payments. He had earned a nice sum and would surely be able to afford a decent place to stay for the night.

-Nep
Neptune #989329 Tue 14/04/20 12:18 UTC
M
Online Content
M
<Bern>

In between drinks, he asked Kaelen to recommend a place to sleep. When Sindar had finished playing, he settled his bill and headed out to find a bed.

MikeD
Neptune #989337 Tue 14/04/20 13:31 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"What do you think?"

She looks at Zhu and Davroar but it is the latter she would prefer. Still she understands that would be awkward for Zhu and Kriv.

Neptune #989370 Tue 14/04/20 22:10 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He was pleased just to be able to play and entertain. He hadn't done it in a while to this scale. A campfire sing-along wasn't the same thing as entertaining a crowd.

Finishing his set, he gave a deep bow, and blew kisses to the patrons. He honestly did thank them for the chance to play. He gathered up his payment and secreted it about his person with a talented sleight of hand. He headed to the bar to ask the bartender about suggested lodgings for those who enjoyed comfort. (OOC: I can't remember if that was part of his information or not.)

He knew he would have to hustle to get a nice room.

Neptune #989376 Wed 15/04/20 01:45 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"It seems acceptable", she replies, not concerned at all about sharing a bed. She has no cultural peculiarities about modesty. "Do the rooms sleep 3? We have one more who is out and about and may come here looking for us, or one of us may go look for him."

Neptune #989396 Wed 15/04/20 13:29 UTC
OP Online Content
Urgala

"I am sorry, no. The beds are small and so are the rooms. I would make exceptions, obviously, for little children. Your friend will need to get his own room and he will likely end up with a roommate."

She takes two keys out of a pocket in her robes and holds each out with a different hand. "That will be four gold please."

-Nep
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,677
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy