Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
4 members (Alduin, Pandemonium, Asta, Miales), 42 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#974658 Sun 23/06/19 21:23 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Dawnview Castle
Attaday, the Nineteenth Day of Tiger

Bekkah and Linnel

When Bekkah awoke, and after she had dressed and finished her morning prayers and tasks, she was met by one of the Castle's servants.

"Come, please."

She was taken down into the castle halls, past the guest rooms, past the formal gathering places and down to the kitchens. There a breakfast had been set out, bread and meat and some wine to drink. There were two places, actually, one already occupied by the once-Khorall, Linnell Allaine.

"Good morning. Please join me.

"So.

"Sea and stars, besides the fact that it would annoy my sister greatly, why do you think it would actually be a good thing for me to travel?"

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 23/06/19 21:34 UTC.
Bekkah

She was curious to see who had 'summoned' her. She smiled when she saw Linnell.

"What a pleasure." she said with a smile, sitting down to eat.

"Well, that's simple. I've been very lucky. My calling takes me around this land and I get to visit with so many wonderful people. I think it would do everyone good to have the same opportunity. I understand when duty or danger do not allow such things, but when they are no longer deterrents, then take the opportunity to travel. You won't regret it."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Dawnview Castle

Bekkah and Linnel

Linnell looked across the table to Bekkah as she worried at a piece of warm bread, fresh from the kitchen ovens.

"Travel. When I was young, Kisa's age and my Mother was Khorall, I had that luxury. I was also much younger then, and the thought of sleeping on rocks or waking up without a roof to keep the morning rain off was exciting.

"But that was quite a while ago. On the one hand, now that I can travel again, I suspect I should visit kin. See more folks, take a break from the same stone walls, hear new songs and take in another point of..."

The elder noble paused, and she blinked, once, twice and then thrice. When her eyes opened, they were wider than usual.

"Wait...

"Wait, wait, wait!

"You know who actually needs to get out of her nice safe little nook and into the world?

"My shut-in sister!"

Taking a firm bite from her bread, as if to accent her point, Linnell nodded firmly.

"You should take her!"

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Dawnview Castle

Bekkah and Linnell

Linnell waited quietly for a long set of heartbeats. Then she clapped her hands together once before setting them in her lap once again.

"Da! See, there is nothing to be said against it! I told you it was a good idea!"

Rising, the once-Khorall smoothed out the skirts of her tunic, looking to take her leave for the day.

"I shall leave it up to you then, to divine a way to convince my dear but very conservative and set-in-her-ways sister that experiencing the world beyond this little Vale valley is a good thing. I even give you permission to tie a rope around her waist and drag her out."

She then paused at the door.

"Tcha! I'm no longer khorall. I can only give you that permission as her sister now, not as her liege. I know! You should discuss Karina and ropes with Kisa when she comes down from the Family Tower and joins us in the main hall."

Then Linnell would slip through the kitchen door, leaving Bekkah to ponder her new requests.

"In fact, I should make sure that's being properly arranged."

Bekkah

"A wonderful idea actually." she said with a calm smile. The kind that let you know that she was about to express an even better idea.

"I think you should both come with us. I know traveling with my sister has been a blessing. I'm sure it would be the same for the two of you." she said sweetly before Linnell could leave the room.

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,828
Posts140,441
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy