Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phoenix Prime), 45 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#971318 Fri 17/05/19 12:36 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

The mood at the inn cheers as each toast to Tharden is made. Dwarves have long memories an he will be remembered. But after an hour or so the inn filled up as word spreads through Phandalin that the same people that cleared out the Redbrands from Tresendar Manor had now vanquished the Black Spider from the Lost Mines.

Toblin Stonehill had a hard time keeping up with the sudden spike business. For quite a while there was little going on in the inn that did not include feasting, cheering, singing, dancing and other forms of revelry. The mood was both solemn and festive but as the ale worked it's magic on the dwarven brothers, they eventually joined the celebration, but they never allowed five minutes to pass without toasting Tarden.

Many of the town notables arrived and after the initial hour of jubilation transitioned into a mellower gathering after all that. Everyone was eager to hear tales of strange and dangerous monsters. Several small gatherings occurred as the heroes mingled with the locals.

The first to show up was Sister Garaele, young elven cleric that maintains the Shrine of Luck, the only temple in Phandelin. The shrine is dedicated to Tymora goddess of luck and good fortune. Soon thereafter, After praising the victory as great fortune, she raises a sobering thought. "After listening to what I've heard today, the mines were infested by undead. Are the mines safe to enter now? Have all the undead been vanquished?"

Also in the crowd is Daran Edermath, the retired elven adveturer that lives in the tiny cottage near the apple orchard on the outskirts of town. He encouraged the party to investigate the Old Owl Well to get rid of undead there. Halia Thornton, from the miner's exchange made sure that she didn't lose out on any information that was being shared. "Are you saying we may not be ready to open the mines for the miners?"

-Nep
Neptune #971336 Fri 17/05/19 16:06 UTC
Ryssa

The scion of the Morninglord resumed her seat and placed her glass to the table. She looked up and across to Sister Garaele, the elvin cleric.

"I do not know. The mines are spacious... huge." She looked around at her companions.

"How could anyone ever be completely sure that the undead are completely disposed of?"

Neptune #971343 Fri 17/05/19 16:40 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"There were areas that we didn't explore as we were focused on rescuing Nundro and finding the Black Spider. So, no, I would not assume the mines are safe."

Neptune #971358 Fri 17/05/19 17:29 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He watched the 'celebration'. He was glad that the friends and family were able to get some closure and move on. When the talk moved to returning to the mines, he offered his opinion. "We did not have time to investigate and clear the entire mine, so you will want to have some sort of 'defense contingent' when you head back in. Besides the remaining undead, there was also information that implied there were 'gelatinous cubes' down there. Not sure of anything else. There might also be an ally or two down there that could help you."

MikeD
Neptune #971369 Fri 17/05/19 19:07 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

Sat at a table, the greybeard leans in, hanging his head over his steaming cup. He breathes deeply and exhales with satisfaction. The sweet smell of peppermint tea.

Looking around the tavern, Chandan recalls (somewhat hazily) his conversation with the miners Alzok, Borim and Carmil.

"Is a mine ever a safe place?" He postulates aloud.

Perhaps not.

"But we rid the mine of many ghouls and a flaming skull. Now is the time to sweep the mines clear, before more undead move in."

Neptune #971421 Sat 18/05/19 06:47 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"And there's that underground lake... no telling how deep and far that goes."

Neptune #971482 Sat 18/05/19 23:47 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Gundren
"Yeah, well we're gonna have to go back in there to get rid of whatever's left or we'll not be able to mine your cut of mine."

He says this to nobody specifically, but to everyone around. It was an announcement and he said it so nonchalantly that many didn't grasp what he said. That's when Nundro smirked at his rescuers as well.

"That's right. My brother and I have decided that you will take Tharden's share, a 10% share split among you whether or not you are here and work the mine."

This was no small offer, especially from dwarves.

"You realize that they are promising to make you wealthy, don't you" Halia says.

-Nep
Neptune #971525 Sun 19/05/19 10:30 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She blushes as the offer from the dwarves becomes apparent. She is not used to people being nice to her, well in the past anyway.

"That is most generous Gundren, Nundro. I don't know what to say. Well except thank you of course."

Neptune #971526 Sun 19/05/19 10:35 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

No doubt a generous offer, and Chandan nods his thanks in agreement with Jaliera.

"Ah yes. Thank you so much." He says, and takes a moment to think, then, "My share I will dedicate to the institution of the Townmaster's Hall, to be used for the communal benefit of the whole town. Long may it prosper."

Last edited by nemarsde; Sun 19/05/19 17:13 UTC. Reason: Not 10%
Neptune #971540 Sun 19/05/19 12:34 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

"Most generous", he said. "While I am no miner, perhaps I will come help you 'clean house', as it were."

MikeD
Neptune #971551 Sun 19/05/19 15:25 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Neal - I think it's 10% total, to be divided among you however you like, not 10% each. But the spirit of Chandan's post still works.)

Neptune #971559 Sun 19/05/19 16:35 UTC
Ryssa

The cleric of Lathander smiled and looked around at the others, her attention ending up on the old monk.

"If all of your reward you plan on donating for the good works of the Townmaster's Hall, Chandan, then I think I will donate a portion of my reward to the local shrine and to the nearest such shrine which is dedicated to the Morninglord."

Her smile broadened somewhat.

"And I would like to purchase a drink or two you, my monkish friend."

Ryssa shrugged slightly.

"I will keep a modicum of money for myself."

Neptune #971562 Sun 19/05/19 17:14 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Ah, of course! Thanks Zeim, yes that makes total sense. Edited.]

Neptune #971571 Sun 19/05/19 19:07 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He is not sure what ten percent of a mine will come to, but when Halia exclaims that they will all be rich Davroar will nod his thanks to both dwarves.

"Wow! Thanks Gundren."

He is not sure what to make of this. Coin and wealth are only needed when he has to interact with civilization, so he will have to think on what to do this new found wealth. Perhaps he will give back to the community much like Ryssa and Chandan have said.

Neptune #971721 Tue 21/05/19 02:52 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

The gathering starts to break into some separate conversations. Much of it comes as a matter of who sits next to whom, but some conversations might be had as a matter of purpose or objective.

Halia Thornton makes her way over to Davroar and Jaliera and brings two ales as she does. "So, what do you intend to do with all that wealth?" She asks the question of both.

Kriv is approached by Sildar who wants to continue the conversation they were having earlier. Luminorn is nearby as is Bern. "So how much of the mines do you think are left unexplored that would need to be cleared out? And do you have any ideas of what might be there?"

Ryssa finds herself in a conversation with Sister Garaele. The elven cleric was eager to know more about the mines and since she wanted to find out if there was anything there of a religious or spiritual nature, she sought a fellow priestess. "I heard that there were undead? It is indeed fortunate that except for poor Nundro, the rest of you all survived. What type of foul creatures did you encounter? I have heard that there are animated skeletons and mindless corpses that crave living flesh. Was there anything that horrible? And were there any ancient religious artificats?"

Bern and Chandan got to chatting a bit with Daren Edermath. The retired adventurer that lived near the orchard offered "I intend on leading an expedition into the mines to help clear it out over the next few days. What can you tell me about the mines. I am hoping to gain as much of a tactical advantage as I can."

-Nep
Neptune #971730 Tue 21/05/19 03:18 UTC
Ryssa

Ryssa nodded and smiled at the follower of the deity of Luck, but the smile did not last long.

"Undead? Indeed there were quite a few, unfortunately." Ryssa told Sister Garaele about the evil artifacts and undead the group had encountered.

"Through the power of the Morninglord, I was able to kill or turn several of these zombies and other undead."

The cleric frowned and thought for a long moment before coming up with the other things they had found in the cavern.

Neptune #971753 Tue 21/05/19 13:36 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He wasn't really fond of 'socializing' on such a 'grand' scale. It was difficult to hear, everyone talking at once. He tried to smile and nod as he moved through the crowd.

At one point, though, Daren Edermath cornered him while he was talking with Chandan. Understandably, Daren wanted to get as much information as he could about the mines since it seemed that he would be one of those working the mine. Hopefully what he remembered would be helpful. "But we did not get through the whole thing. It is pretty extensive. And I suspect that there are plenty of dangers still roaming around there."

MikeD
Neptune #971786 Tue 21/05/19 19:07 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sister Garaele and Ryssa

"Quite a few? That is distressing! Especially that flaming green head. I've never heard of such a thing! I am so glad that you were able to shine Lathandar's light in that dark place. Your friends are, no doubt, lucky to have you as a friend and an ally. You are a good person."

"You were telling me about the artifacts. What more do you know about that thing that is called the Forge of Spells? I cannot, for the life of me, understand why that drow cared about the mines. Perhaps that was what he was seeking?"

Daren Edermath and both Bern and Chandan
Sensing discomfort, the retired warrior made an offer.

"I really want to go through some of the details with you so that we are well prepared for the next step. Do we need to go somewhere quieter where this can be discussed better, without outside noises?"

-Nep
Neptune #971788 Tue 21/05/19 19:16 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

"=I= don't need to do that", he said. "But are you sure you want to discuss details here ... in public", he asked.

MikeD
Neptune #971807 Wed 22/05/19 00:05 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

Beckoning Sildar to a corner away from the bustle, he began scribing a map of the areas they had explored, the passages taken and not taken, and a key to the side indicating kills in each location by number and species, referring to his journals on occasion for accuracy. These were not simple questions, so a map would provide a far more comprehensive answer.

Neptune #971850 Wed 22/05/19 17:50 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

The monk thanks Ryssa for her offer and asks for another cup of tea. Now that he has rediscovered the beverage, he's finding he can't get enough of it.

For now, Chandan stands with Bern, listening to the conversation with Daran.

"The passages in the mine are pitch black and narrow." He advises, "Your front line should be shields and axes, backed by polearms.

"Take many light sources. Lanterns, candles, torches. There are at least two chasms, both 20 feet deep, so take ropes.

"Water you will have plenty of, once you get there. Some 300 feet into the mine is an underground lake and small channel.

Neptune #971854 Wed 22/05/19 18:33 UTC
Ryssa

The cleric reached out and patted the old monk's shoulder. She turned to the tavern girl and ordered more tea for Chandan before turning back to Garaele. Ryssa frowned for a long moment and then spoke slowly.

"I was more lucky to have these friends," she said, gesturing around at the others, "than they were to have me."

Ryssa shook her head, thinking of those they'd lost along the way.

"The flaming green head was... like nothing I'd ever seen before. To be honest, Sister, I was near terrified most of the time. If it were not for..." she held her icon of Lathandar and glanced over toward the magic mace of the Morninglord where it leaned against the rock which surrounded the fireplace.

"If it were not for the presence and support of my lord of light, I would never have made it back from those cavernous mines."

She went on to tell Sister Garaele what little she knew about the Forge of Spells.

Neptune #971952 Fri 24/05/19 06:30 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He thanks Halia for the ale and takes a small sip. He doesn't have the drinking capacity that Chandan seems to have as he sits with Jaliera, but he is not quite drunk yet. "I don't need much myself, so I thinking I will give back to your town too."

Last edited by Dugan; Fri 24/05/19 06:30 UTC.
Neptune #971984 Fri 24/05/19 14:10 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She smiles at Halia but shakes her head at the proffered ale.

"I don't drink alcohol, it doesn't agree with me, but thank you for the offer."

She smiles again.

"As to the money, I will need to talk to my mentor about that. He send me to help Gundren so it may not be my money as I am in essence working for him."

Neptune #972020 Fri 24/05/19 19:36 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He walks with Bern and Daran through to the quieter, currently unused skittles room.

"Do you have trained warriors to clear the mine, or is it the miners who will do this?"

Neptune #972045 Fri 24/05/19 21:42 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Daren with Chandan and Bern

As they stroll, he rubs his chin as he thinks through Chandan's question before answering.

"I suppose I will need to go. Sildar will go for sure. Halia will organize some of the miners Hopefully we'll have Tymora's fortune in the form of Sister Garaele along too. I'm trying to figure out if we can handle it."

-Nep
Neptune #972049 Fri 24/05/19 22:06 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Halia with Davroar and Jaliera

She raises her drink towards Davroar and says "To you and your friends," she says as she takes a sip with him. Then she turns to Jaliera.

"A mentor. Oh? Interesting. And you don't drink. Hmmm. That's smart thinking. Staying sober means you keep alert. I like that. Your mentor taught you well." She raises her eyebrows, curios.

"I'm not sure what you really owe your mentor but I can appreciate that. In the end, we're all on our own, unless we have family and great friends. But mentors are different. I'm sure Davroar had one and I had one too - my mother. She taught me numbers and about the world. But I think that her most important lesson was to send me out into the world to become independent. Don't you think that is what he did, sending you out like that? I'm sure he wouldn't have sent you out if he didn't think you were ready. If you intend to give him gold, consider it a gift - not payment. And you should consider that it could land on your mentor as some form of charity. I say the gold is yours and it is time for you to start managing your finances.

She lets that all sink in for a moment and then, out of nowhere, she adds, "How old are you lass? You look just old enough to marry."

Her eyes didn't need to move for Davroar to know that the smirk on her face was meant for him.

-Nep
Neptune #972052 Fri 24/05/19 22:12 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

"Be sure to take some ... 'protection' ... along. And all of you should be ready to fight if your 'protection' gets involved with the 'locals'", he offered.

MikeD
Neptune #972053 Fri 24/05/19 22:29 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sister Garaele with Ryssa

Chandan had downed the tea quickly, but the two women were left alone to discuss spiritual matters while the men went off to talk about the physical dangers that they encountered in the mines. Ryssa could tell that Bern had been uncomfortable for much of the evening and needed some fresh air. And Chandan? Well Chandan did what the wind told him to do. He gulped down the tea and was off.

Sister Garaele glared at the men as they walked away, just a tinge annoyed.

"They're off to talk about killing things. Killing things is not something that I aspire to. But it is a duty. Thank you for helping out with all the information. If that lake that you talked about was where the Black Spider was going, he either had a way out or thought he could hide there. That means we have to deal with that. I'm thinking we need to seal it off. The miners can do that easily."

She glances left and right and when she seemed confident enough she leans forward and pulls aside her vest to reveal a small gold piece of jewelry on her lapel in the shape of a heart. "Have you ever seen this?"

-Nep
Neptune #972056 Sat 25/05/19 00:12 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sildar with Kriv and Luminmorn

Luminmorn joined Sildar and Kriv at the table.

"This is excellent information. We'll make good use of it. I don't know if we'll be successful. The monsters that you defeated were quite dangerous. And the hazards might be treacherous. It might be too much for some of the miners. Hopefully we have enough manpower to handle it. "

He leans back in the chair and asks the pair of dragonborn, "What are your plans?"

-Nep
Neptune #972071 Sat 25/05/19 02:26 UTC
Ryssa

She frowned for a moment and then shrugged.

"They are good men. I have grown to trust and respect them these last few weeks."

The cleric took another sip of wine and rolled it around on her tongue before speaking again after leaning close to look closely at the pendent.

"No, not one exactly like that. I do have this, however," she said, showing the Sister her icon of the Morninglord.

"What does it represent?"

Neptune #972084 Sat 25/05/19 07:00 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He was about to agree with Halia's point that Jaliera's share of the mines profits should not be going to her mentor either, but instead takes another deep gulp of his ale to hold his tongue while giving Halia a wide-eyed look at her last question to Jaliera.
Davroar had made a promise to Jaliera to accompany back to her home and help in any way to clear any oath debts she has made to her mentor. His feelings for Jaliera grow by the day, but such a commitment that Halia is suggesting has not been considered at all. Much to early for that he thinks!

Neptune #972094 Sat 25/05/19 10:31 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She listens to Halia, interested to hear what advice she has to offer but before she can explain further, she is blushing furiously, a quick glance towards Davroar. It is not that she dislikes the idea but they barely know each other!

"I am sixteen but sometimes I feel much older."

What is she saying? Does that sound like she is agreeing with her? She goes on quickly.

"My parents were killed in a fire and I ended up in a bad place. My mentor rescued me and gave me a home along with a few others. He has trained all of us and looked after us. The idea is that we can take on jobs, go adventuring and return to him to share the proceeds. He gets repayment and is looked after in his later years and the rest of us get a life that at one time might have seemed impossible. I owe him much."

Much safer ground.

Neptune #972342 Tue 28/05/19 06:17 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"Perhaps your mentor and our share combined Jaliera, he could afford to hire someone more suited to taking care of him."

Davroar is still unsure just how far this new found wealth will go, but if part of it could go to both Phandalin and her mentor then he will do so.

"I know you said to me he is family in raising you, and I can understand oaths taken, but if all he wants now is coin then surely this wealth can give you and us more freedom?"

Neptune #972349 Tue 28/05/19 10:55 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She smiles softly at Davroar. He is always looking out for her. She already knows she wants to have him in her future.. and who knows what might become of that?

"We'll have to talk to him. He is a mage and a scholar. We split proceeds equally but I think gaining more knowledge, having company and a continuing income into his old age count for more than just money."

But she smiles again.

"But we can always see if there is a deal to be made."

Neptune #972389 Tue 28/05/19 20:09 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Halia to Jaliera and Davroar

"That does sound like the Randal Stagg I know. He does know how to get others to enrich him. But it's your share, you do what you think that you must but I am somewhat disappointed. I thought that you were more independent than that."

It's the first time that anyone had mentioned that name in this town. Jaliera sure hadn't.

-Nep
Neptune #972591 Thu 30/05/19 17:16 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sister Garaele with Ryssa

"It's a Harper pin. You might have heard rumors about us. We're a very old organization made up of individuals much like you and I. We try to not advertise who we are but we mostly gather information and put that information to use to promote fairness, equality, aid the poor and oppressed. We do our best to thwart tyrants."

She takes a sip of ale and can't hide the small smile forming at the corner of her mouth, "I did mention that we don't really advertise who we are. The fact that I showed you the pin means that I'm taking a risk. I was hoping that you might consider working with us."

-Nep
Neptune #972614 Thu 30/05/19 21:29 UTC
Ryssa

Unobtrusively glancing over her shoulder, the cleric of the Morninglord made sure no one was watching the two of them. Satisfied, she turned back toward Sister Garaele and examined the Harper's Pin, turning it over and over and casting a very minor spell upon it to make sure it radiated no signs of divine magicks.

"I have heard of the Harpers," she murmured, barely loud enough for the other female to hear her words.

"What would be entailed by me working along with you?"

Neptune #972712 Fri 31/05/19 10:27 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn noble weighed the question for quite some time, as befit its import. With due consideration, he rumbled,

“Our initial mandate and subsequent mandates here are complete. My options include returning to Norixius Keep with success and spoils, together with a larger than expected down payment on our collective honour debt to the Rockseekers; Remaining here to support Gundren and Nundro in getting the mines secure once more; seeking out fresh problems to resolve; resuming and intensifying my studies into history and the Art. Of these options there’s not a great deal of mutual exclusivity, especially given what’s down there.”

He tapped the location of the Forge of Spells on the map before them, then continued,

“I am best served by sending word home, lending my aid to the brothers both in a logistical capacity and by force of arm when necessary, investigating the arcane mysteries down there within the remit of determining possible threats, and keeping an ear out for opportunity to advance the cause of order and control over the wider region.”

Neptune #972741 Fri 31/05/19 16:11 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She looks surprised.

"Then you have met my mentor?"

Maybe she knows him well to have recognised him from a description? Then she smiles.

"I aim to be more independent but I do owe him a debt."

Neptune #972805 Fri 31/05/19 22:33 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Halia to Jaliera with Davroar
"We know of each other. Yes." She gulps down the rest of her drink and waves for a refill. She leans back, with her fingers clasped behind her head and adds "We are associates. This was not all happenstance, do you think?"

-Nep
Neptune #972813 Sat 01/06/19 01:30 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sildar to Kriv

Luminmorn had excused himself and retired for the evening. leaving Kriv to continue talking to Sildar.

"It is appropriate to report your great success and continue to build on the long and illustrious prestige that clan Norixius has gained over it's long legacy. It will not take long to add to that honor within a few days and then you can return to Norixius Keep. The Lord's Alliance is relying on brave and honorable members such as yourself to keep order in the realms and insure the safety of the general populace. Perhaps, after well deserved rest, we can organize ourselves for the cleanup."

OOC: Pandemonium has been quite scarce so let's let Luminmorn get some rest.

-Nep
Neptune #972849 Sat 01/06/19 16:15 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Coincidences occur less often that many folks believe."

She smiles at Halia.

"I would be interested to learn more."

Neptune #972873 Sun 02/06/19 03:41 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Daren with Chandan and Bern
"Protection you say? What type of protection, aside from manpower, do you suggest? What dangers can we expect from the locals?"

-Nep
Neptune #972898 Sun 02/06/19 13:11 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

"Weapons for one thing. And ... especially when you are getting mining operation started ... you might want to include a few extra people to actively guard and keep an eye out for trouble before it gets up close and personal since almost everyone we met down there wanted to fight first.

MikeD
Neptune #973086 Tue 04/06/19 08:12 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

"Then it seems the protocol is obvious," concurred the Dragonborn.

Neptune #973375 Thu 06/06/19 06:33 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He exchanges a look directly only for Jaliera with some suspicion in his eyes after Halia's comment that sounds like she knows far more than she lead them to believe at the outset. Not sure whether he should be asking Jaliera or Halia he looks to Jaliera first and asks , "I don't get it. Did this Randall Stag send Halia here to watch over you, us?"

Neptune #973384 Thu 06/06/19 13:23 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I don't know."

She looks at Halia.

"But it is nice to know he has my interests at heart." She smiles. "And this task to help Gundren was my first test of all of his teachings."

Neptune #973585 Sat 08/06/19 11:28 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He ponders Daren's question, visualising the map they'd used on their adventure.

"I think you are the locals." Chandan says finally, adding, "Trust in each other be your best protection."

Ultimately, the party had cleared much of the mine, but without the major undead presence other abominations might creep in and make their lair in the dark. Are there any humanoid tribes left in the area? Always, but the most prolific have been crippled for the time being.

"Time is of the essence, I deem. Move fast, before the mine can be reoccupied."

The old monk twizzles his musty grey hair, the wrinkles of his leathery face poised for an expression.

Finally he smiles amiably as he always does, patting Bern on the shoulder.

"Time, yes." He says, "It is a good night for a moonlit stroll. I will be gone for a while.

"Say farewell to the others for me, Bern. Where I'm from we do not say goodbye unless there is no coming back."

He nods to Daren, and says to both.

"Wisemen say 'Wherever you go, go with all your heart.'"

Chandan heads for the door, though stops when he sees the wooden ball lying at the end of the skittle alley. The skittles are all setup and looking somewhat forlorn since everyone is drinking in the taproom.

The old monk shrugs and picks up the ball, weighs it in his hand then hurls it down the alley. It clatters off the walls, only managing to clip and wobble one skittle. Chandan's eyes narrow, the skittle remains standing.

Turning to the other men, he says:

"Oh, the perfect score! Not a single skittle knocked down!"

With a final wink, Chandan adjusts the saffron scarf around his chin, adopts a walking grip on his spear and slips out through the door into the night.

[Chandan over and out.]

Neptune #973603 Sat 08/06/19 23:32 UTC
Ryssa

Ryssa turned to Sister Garaele.

"I am interested, but tell me more about the Harpers."

Neptune #973644 Sun 09/06/19 21:15 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
I was hoping that this weekend would provide me with some relative peace. It has, but only a little. let's see if I can push forward anyhow. First, I realize that I didn't lay all of the opportunities on the table yet. It might mean a few extra posts than planned for a few of you. That's quite OK.

DM
The evening was becoming night and the libations were having an effect on the sobriety for many which thinned the crowd. But one person showed up late. He was a gaunt, white-bearded human. Upon entering, he sought out Bern. It was Reidoth, the druid of Thundertree. Word had spread quickly and the druid had been anxious to reconnect with the people that had chased away Venomfang. It was he who provided the party with directions to the Wave Echo Cave. This is the same druid that Davroar had tried to send a message to, but circumstances never had them ever meet. All those who had met Reidoth earlier, were aware, from conversations on the road, of Davroar's inability to meet up with him. As soon as Reidoth was made aware that the other druid was here, he beckoned the younger man over to join him and Bern.

Halia was eager to get some private time to talk to Jaliera woman to woman. So, in fact, Halia saw Reidoth arrive and said, "Look. The old druid showed up." She encouraged Davroar to go speak with the old tree-hugger.

Meanwhile, Ryssa and Sister Garaele discussed what her pin meant. Sister Garaele is a member of the Harpers, a scattered network of adventurers and spies who advocate equality and covertly oppose the abuse of power. The Harpers gather information throughout the land to thwart tyrants and any leader, government, or group that grows too strong. They aid the weak, the poor, and the oppressed. "If you believe in our cause I would ask you to join us and if you do, I have a mission for you.

"Then it is settled," Sildar said to Kriv and the two continued to talk. During that conversation Sildar explained the heirarchy and operational structure of the Lord's Alliance to him. At one point he said, "We need to report what happened here to the leadership of the Alliance. Can you do so Stingblade Kriv?". Kriv knew that he was bestowed a more senior faction rank with that remark.

OOC: Thanks for playing Neal!

-Nep
Neptune #973646 Sun 09/06/19 22:22 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He smiled when Reidoth approached. "Well met", he said as he offered a hand to the man. "Can I get you something to drink", he asked as he shook the hand of his old friend.

MikeD
Neptune #973648 Sun 09/06/19 22:59 UTC
Ryssa

She tucked the hair behind her left ear, covering the scarred side of her face, not intentional, but instinctively as she was wont to do. She frowned for a long moment, but then nodded slowly.

"I will talk with with the leaders of your group, Sister," the cleric said slowly,

"If it is as you say, I will join and cooperate with the Harpers."

Neptune #973672 Mon 10/06/19 06:28 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He looks over at the older druid when Halia mentions his arrival.

"He's here. He's here! I wasn't sure I'd meet him."

Davroar stands up, takes a deep breath and tries to steady his nerves. Turning to Jaliera he says, "I better say hello to him. Excuse me."

The amount of ale he has consumed has him at a bit of a disadvantage as he wanted to make a good impression. It has been over a year since leaving Talaan, his only teacher and friend after leaving his tribe to become a druid. Davroar does not know what to expect so he simply walks over to where Bern and Reidoth are standing and introduces himself to Reidoth, "Ah... Hello, I'm Davroar."

Last edited by Dugan; Mon 10/06/19 06:30 UTC.
Neptune #973679 Mon 10/06/19 13:43 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Of course."

Jaliera smile at Davroar as he goes to speak to the other druid. Then she turns back to Halia, still smiling.

"You were going to explain how you knew my mentor."

Neptune #973804 Wed 12/06/19 09:03 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

As he had upon receiving the prior rank, the Dragonborn noble acknowledged it in his stride, inclining his head at the promotion to the third tier in relatively short order. He was comfortable in a structured hierarchy, and confirmed the order with a simple,

"It will be done."

Neptune #974228 Mon 17/06/19 14:39 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Halia with Jaliera
Now finally alone with the young rogue, Halia relaxes a bit and opens up. "We are associates, members of a larger group with broad interests. The mission, to come here, was indeed a test of your skills. You were not the only one on such a mission. The halfling Lingo and the tiefling Kalista were also sent here for similar reasons. They failed. You passed, which means that you survived. We are Zhentarim, your mentor and I that is, and now we would like for you to join us officially."

She goes on to explain how "the Zhentarim have had gained a bad reputation, mostly because their leaders came from the poorest segments of society, those who needed to learn to fend for themselves to survive. The goals of the Zhentarim include empowering those who have not had the same opportunities as someone born into wealth and nobility. We are stronger as a whole than as individuals. As an organization we compete fiercely with others groups to create financial opportunity for our members."

"We seek to become omnipresent and inescapable, more wealthy and powerful, and most importantly, untouchable. What do we do? When a merchant needs an escort for his caravan, when a noble needs bodyguards to protect her holdings, or when a city needs trained soldiers to defend its honor, the Zhentarim provides the best-trained fighting men and women money can buy. And yes, because we are so good, the cost of doing business with the Black Network can be high."

"We want to be the organization that people turn to when they need help. We try to make it necessary—and preferable, even—to deal with our members. Members must be the best—the cheapest, the fastest, and the most secure—at providing services and goods. And yes, to compete, we must work with the constraining legal systems that were created to keep people of our background in check. Of course, to succeed, we must sometimes skirt these legalities and do what we must."

"I hope that you decide to join us. As a member of the Zhentarim you gain a family...a very large family and you would be expected to rely on the Black Network for resources and security. You will, of course have autonomy to pursue your own interests and gain some measure of personal power or influence. That is, of course our ultimate goal, to empower and enrich members of our family. And yes, you've benefited from our group through your mentor. All the lessons that you've learned from him, the aid he has given you up until today, all those things that built up the respect that you have for your mentor, those are all benefits that you reaped from his being a member of our faction."

OOC: Kriv is ready to move on. AJ, you can finish up by summarizing what you are doing these next few months before you return to Phandelin. We'll start the next game with you receiving an invitation to return to Phandelin for the opening of the mine. That will be the same for all of you once we are done here. I'll have a few more post ready to go soon for the rest of you.

-Nep
Neptune #974240 Mon 17/06/19 16:17 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"That is interesting. Certainly much of what you say makes sense. I would like to more though. What would the organisation want from me?"

She likes the idea of being part of a bigger family. Too often in the past she has felt isolated and alone but she does not want to end up in an organisation like the Thieves Guild again. Having escaped it once, she is not going back.

Neptune #974264 Mon 17/06/19 18:55 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Halia
"At first, information. That's always needed. Knowledge of opportunity helps advance our cause. You've already provided much of it from the Wave Echo Cave. I would assume that you'll pass on what you shared here with your mentor, which will accomplish that. Add anything new that you hear that can benefit us when you see him. If you decide to join us, we may give you opportunities. The strength of any organization are strong people. Opportunities may come in the form of a job or, it could be something bigger. A few years back the Cult of Dragons tried to raise Tiamat to reign hell on this world. Zhetarim agents were instrumental in preventing that from happening. We don't always know where the opportunities come from but we're passionate about being there to seize them."

-Nep
Neptune #974266 Mon 17/06/19 19:21 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I should have also said earlier that Ryssa is ready to move on too. Exeter, like AJ, you should post something that describes your next few months of activities before you're invited back to Phandelin.

I should also add (for all of you) that you may participate or take advantage of downtime activities. Please refer to This Unearthed Arcana - Downtime document for ideas of what is and isn't possible. We should work out anything via PM.

-Nep
Neptune #974317 Tue 18/06/19 10:41 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She is liking the sound of this more and more. And as they travel back to her mentor, she will be able to talk it over with Davroar too which will help her to make up her mind.

"My mentor warned me that he will be expecting a full debrief on my return."

She grins. That was to be expected and she doesn't have a problem with it. And now maybe her information will be used well to stop future disasters, she likes the idea that she will be able to contribute.

"That's all very interesting Halia. I like the sound of your organisation. Maybe mine too in the near future."

She smiles.

Neptune #974326 Tue 18/06/19 12:35 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Halia

"Terrific! Now for the important part...it's a secret organization. There are other, competing organizations and they don't like competing. You know how it is. They feel threatened by our rising success. Many did not like the fact that we were so instrumental in thwarting the Cult of the Dragons. So you need to be tight lipped about your role and about us. We like to refer to each other as "our good friends" or "known associates" or other similar phrases. We never go about flaunting the word Zhentarim. There is prejudice and jealousy because of our rapid growth both in power and prosperity. You spent many months with your mentor and never once did he speak of us like this, did he? That is another lesson he was teaching you."

"When you see him again, show him this."

She hands Jaliera a coin, presses it into her palm and closes Jaliera's fingers over it and says, "Remember this. The Zhentarim is your family. You watch out for it, and it watches out for you. You are the master of your own destiny. Never be less than what you deserve to be. Everything—and everyone—has a price." Those are the credos we live by.

Jaliera had never seen a gold coin like this. It had only one marking, that of a dragon or a wyvern.

OOC: OK, same thing with you Gypsy. You can finish up with a post about the next few months. You can also wait for me to be done with Davroar and Bern (soon)

Attached Images
Zhentarim.png (38.08 KB, 126 downloads)

-Nep
Neptune #974366 Tue 18/06/19 21:41 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth with Bern and Davroar

The druid was not big on talk. Most of the time his conversations were with the animals of Thundertree and the outlying areas. Now, however, he wanted to talk to the strange animals called people. It is easy to tell that he is more comfortable in the wild with the animals and plants.

"Hello. I am Reidoth. We haven't met but I have been told all about you," he says to Davroar as he glances at Bern with a wink. "You, the both of you and your friends, did a splendid job of chasing away Venomfang! I am sorry that you lost friends doing it."

-Nep
Neptune #974392 Wed 19/06/19 05:57 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

That day was one he will not easily forget.

"Ah, yeah. That was a rough day."

He lets out the barest of a sigh in remembering Kalista, just because he knew her longer.

"I don't want to loose anymore friends if I can help it, but life and death is the natural order of things I guess."

Not wanting to dwell any more on the death of his friends, he continues to say, "I am glad to finally meet up with you too, sir. I am going with Jaliera for the time being, but if you ever need me to do some small things outside the city I would be more than glad to do so. I'm kind of having a weak stomach about staying too long there."

His recent growth in his wild shapes has changed his world outlook completely, and the confines of any city might be chafing to do stuff outdoors.

Neptune #974394 Wed 19/06/19 08:53 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Will talk to Dugan in PM and we'll put together a joint post maybe? smile ]

Neptune #974399 Wed 19/06/19 13:05 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

It was easy for him to identify with Reidoth's discomfort talking to 'people'. He acknowledged the 'praise' with a nod.

Since Davroar was so eager to 'jump in', he was happy to let him. When Davroar finished, it was time to get to it. "Is there something we can help you with Sir?"

MikeD
Neptune #974404 Wed 19/06/19 18:18 UTC
Ryssa

Sister Garaele had provided the cleric with motivation to contact the Harpers and to learn what she could from the organization but, first, she wanted to contact her mentor, the cleric, Athelor.

It was possible that Athelor had information concerning the Harpers or of the Order of the Gauntlet.

Ryssa smiled and shook her head slightly.

Athelor always seemed to have information that could be of help to her.

Neptune #974614 Sat 22/06/19 19:56 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth with Bern and Davroar

"Yes. It is the natural order and now they are nourishing the land. They are remembered by the things that grow from them."

While a city dweller might not understand, it was druid logic. Both Bern and Davroar had enough insight to know that it was a compliment about those that fell.

And after Bern asked the question, the old man paused to think. His eyes wandered for a moment as he contemplated and then he reacted to his own thoughts with one raised bushy brow and then nodded as if convincing himself after some sort of inner argument.

"The natural order must be respected but there are those that seek to upset it. And of course there are those who would defend it."

He stopped to calm himself down. The old man had said the last sentence with an unexpected fierceness.

"We are not alone."

He said that last sentence in a furtive tone, a whisper coupled with eyes that darted from left to right to make sure nobody else was listening.

"There are others like us."

-Nep
Neptune #974615 Sat 22/06/19 21:16 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He had trouble following the point. He would be looking confused when he turned to see what Davroar thought.

MikeD
Neptune #974625 Sun 23/06/19 05:05 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"Others?"

He understands some secrecy given he was taught the Druid language, but with Bern present he thinks it must be something other than just the druids and their circles.

Lowering his voice he asks, "Not just druids then. This is bigger than just us?"

Last edited by Dugan; Sun 23/06/19 05:06 UTC.
Neptune #974686 Mon 24/06/19 15:53 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth
After Dugan asks his question, the older druid strains as he shouts in a barely audible whisper "YES!"

He glances about, to make sure that nobody's listening and then pulls both Davroar and Bern aside.

"Yes" he says. "It is MUCH bigger. We are not alone. We, the defenders of nature, have gathered forces! We all do our best but alone, like the animal that gets separated from the herd we are weak."

-Nep
Neptune #974697 Mon 24/06/19 16:28 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

The more that Reidoth 'explained' things the more confused he was getting, he thought with a sigh. They are a 'big' group ... but they are 'weak'? It didn't make sense to him. Hopefully Davroar had =some= idea what Reidoth was trying to say.

MikeD
Neptune #974795 Wed 26/06/19 01:10 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Dugan's on vacation but I can nudge this along....

Reidoth

He glares into the eyes of the two woodsmen. He's seen that look before on his own face. It was the face of confusion that he saw in Bern's eyes.

"We are many and we are strong. We are the guardians of the wood, maintainers of natural order, guides of the wilderness. We are the Emerald Enclave."

-Nep
Neptune #974806 Wed 26/06/19 13:17 UTC
M
M
[[ Ummmm ... you do know that Bern's faction is the Emerald Enclave ... right? ]]

MikeD
Neptune #974811 Wed 26/06/19 14:18 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[[ Ummmm. I do. It was a "declaration" without an invitation. Who do you know in the Emerald Enclave? Who brought you in? Up front, I asked you to pick. Now I'm making it come to pass. ]]

-Nep
Neptune #974818 Wed 26/06/19 15:38 UTC
M
M
[[ well that was going to be my very next question <chuckle> We haven't really done any 'deep diving' into our factions. So I guess that is up to you <g> Do I know who Reidoth is? Had we met before? Does he know who I am ... and so forth ]]

MikeD
Neptune #974826 Wed 26/06/19 21:36 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Yup. Bern was there!

Start reading from here. It was a while ago smile

When the Z-party met Reidoth

-Nep
Neptune #974827 Wed 26/06/19 22:46 UTC
M
M
[[ <gak> That was more than 3 years ago!! You expect me to remember =that=?? <chuckle> But having said and read that ... why is he acting as such a 'stranger'? <g>]]

MikeD
Neptune #974867 Thu 27/06/19 04:44 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[OOC: He never met Davroar so he's acting like a stranger to Davroar. He met Bern. He's also somewhat eccentric. ]

-Nep
Neptune #974879 Thu 27/06/19 12:01 UTC
M
M
[[ got it, that helps. Thanks ]]

MikeD
Neptune #974881 Thu 27/06/19 12:07 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He nodded, wondering if Reidoth remembered who he was.

MikeD
Neptune #974955 Fri 28/06/19 10:38 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Davroar and Jaliera

Davroar and Jaliera head back to Neverwinter. The journey is largely uneventful but they do get a chance to talk. Both are heartened to find that there is a desire within both of them to stay together in the future and to see what develops between them. It may be lasting but it may also come to an end. There is a certain physical attraction and an excitement fuelling their desire for each other.

They also discuss their ambitions and desire for a compromise that might suit them both. Jaliera still wants to visit her mentor from time to time and Davroar has concerns about staying in cities for any length of time. Neverwinter is on the coast and surrounted by countryside, not too far from Neverwinter Wood, so there are possibilities for Davroar during these future visits. And Jaliera says that she intends to be travelling out on adventures, searching for information and items that Randal might be interested in as is her role for him. So there doesn't seems to be much compromise, apart from her occasional short-lived return trips.

This first visit though, Jaliera wants Randal to meet Davroar and for Davroar to meet her mentor and see where she lives when in the city. The meeting goes well enough, though both are a little guarded. Randal can see however that Jaliera is a little infatuated and that to intervene at this stage is more likely to backfire. So he holds his counsel for now, hoping that she will grow out of it.

He is more pleased with her report and the details of her adventures, taking his share which includes half of her share of the mine as it may provide him with a good income in the future. 200gp and the brass orb spell focus. Quietly, at an opportune moment when Davroar is not with them, they discuss the Zentarim and Jaliera agrees to join. She also tells Randal that they had promised to return to the group they had been working with. He has no objection to this, says she has done well. He is particularly impressed that she has found magic and encourages her to use it more.

So in quite short order, Davroar and Jaliera set out to return to Phandelin to meet up with the others. On the journey back, more relaxed, their physical intimacy increases. It is at this point that Jaliera explains that when her parents died in the fire, her being rescued by a man who had climbed up to the window, only just big enough for her to squeeze out of, she was carried sobbing to safety whilst her parents died. The man took her to the Thieve's Guild where they started to train her, putting her to work. She didn't take well to the training or the work and was often beaten and disciplined, she still carry the scars on her back. It was this life that Randal rescued her from when he arranged for the Guild to release her into his custody. She is sure that he paid them to let her go.

In talking more he would learn that she likes anything sweet to eat, doesn't drink because she is very affected by it and doesn't like that, she craves knowledge and likes a good mystery as she is always curious.

Neptune #975019 Sat 29/06/19 15:14 UTC
Ryssa

The cleric headed out northwest, accompanied by Sister Gareale if she is willing, planning to visit her mentor, Athelor, the retired cleric of Lathander who was now studying the lores and writings of their deity, the Morninglord. Ryssa intended to look in to the matter of the Harpers but, first, she wants to speak with Athelor and find out what he knew about the group of spies and scouts which Sister Gareale had talked about.

Neptune #975207 Wed 03/07/19 06:46 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He has never heard of this Emerald Enclave before and the way Reidoth is acting it seems as though it is some sort of secret tribal society. Why it has to be secretive though makes him quietly ask, "Ok Reidoth, I get the part where a tribe is stronger than one, but why are you so quiet about this 'Emerald Enclave'? Should we not be proud of what we do in protecting the wilds?"

Davroar can partially understand that declaring ones allegiance to one side or another will always garner the wrong attention from potential enemies, but he was brought up by his father and his tribe back home to stand up and fight in the face of an enemy. This whole secrecy vibe has him a bit wary as to what he might be getting into if he agrees to join Reidoth and his Emerald Enclave.

Neptune #975227 Wed 03/07/19 14:28 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He grinned at Davroar's confusion. He had experienced a similar confusion when he was recruited. He was curious how much Reidoth would be willing to share. And he didn't want to get into trouble by saying too much ... at least in front of one of his superiors.

MikeD
Neptune #975262 Wed 03/07/19 21:01 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv Norixius, Scion of Norixius Keep, Epilogue

The noble Dragonborn was true to his word. He prioritised reporting events, travelling in accordance with Sildar's instructions to the headquarters of the Lords Alliance to present both the full and detailed report of events in the Phandelin region and himself as the latest Stingblade in their ranks. Matters went well there, and his next port of call was back home to Norixius Keep.

It was a relatively happy homecoming, inasmuch as Dragonborn partook in emotions. His sojourn had been to pay in part an honour debt owed to the Rockseekers, and that had been met and surpassed undeniably. The death of Thundren Rockseeker was received as such grim tidings tend to, leading to an occasional influx of veteran Dragonborn heading to the cairn in the cave to pay their respects. Kriv's stock had risen considerably, aided by the allegiance of Norixius Keep to the Lords Alliance, signets shown discreetly but with pride.

He maintained correspondence with the Brothers, his deeds earning him a position as de facto liaison on behalf of Norixius Keep, though he was unable to return to the mines prior to their reopening.

Neptune #975361 Sat 06/07/19 08:31 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He see's Bern's grin and gets more irritated when it seems both him and Reidoth know more than him. Crossing his arms across his chest, he gives Bern an slightly suspicious look, yet quickly turns back to Reidoth expecting answers to his questions.

Neptune #975762 Fri 12/07/19 19:26 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth
The old druid continued to explain about the Emerald Enclave to both men. "The organization is not a secret but we try to keep our agents a secret. We have enemies and competitors. The most important job our agents have is to gather information and most of us operate on our own. If an enemy learned of an agent, it might imperil them. So it is best to not flaunt association unless necessary. Our competitors are other factions. While they may have political aspirations, we do not, but may see us as obstructions."

He continued by going through some of the Enclave's history. "The Emerald Enclave was founded in the Year of the Thoughtful Man (374 DR) on the island of Ilighôn off the Vilhon Reach. The druids and their allies sought to protect the natural resources of the Vilhon Reach and nearby lands. They became a powerful force when they defeated the Turmish forces that were sent to destroy them them by a conclave of wizards known as the Windlass."

"The Enclave is organized into a hierarchy of circles, each with a different responsibility. The three members of the Elder Circle are the Chosen of Eldath, Mielikki, and Silvanus. We accept new members as long as they do not serve good or evil, are not members of another organization (except the churches of the aforementioned deities), are innocent of any crimes against nature, and have performed a significant act that benefits nature. That is why I am talking to you."

"We have six tenets: preserve nature in all its forms, control human expansion, recognize that nature encompasses more than just forests, agree that magic should not be used for mass destruction, warn against the use of magic on a grand scale for fear of unexpected side effects, and present a united front to the outside world. Most of our members worship Eldath, Mielikki, or Silvanus, and all wear some sort of green symbol. They travel often, searching for threats to the natural resources in the Reach and potential allies in other lands."

While our primary goal is to preserve nature, we are not direct opponents of progress. We work with civilized folk to promote the health of the natural world rather than using acts of violence to deter it. As an example, we allow woodcutters to work in areas of forests that need culling, although we still oppose indiscriminate logging. Some people do not like that and say that we hinder their business and that has created enemies for us."

"The Enclave needs to create new cells in areas that we believe may become threatened, such as the High Forest, Cormanthor, the Wealdath and the forests of the Great Dale. That is what I am hoping with you. I am aging and will not be here forever. You have made a name for yourselves already and I believe...hope that our objectives are the same. The cells are usually small, often consisting of only one or two people, but they keep a close eye on organizations dangerous to their aims, such as the church of Talos, the People of the Black Blood, the Dragon Cult and the like."

He stopped talking to let the other two ask questions.

-Nep
Neptune #975763 Fri 12/07/19 19:31 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sister Gareale

She apologized to Ryssa about not being able to accompany her. "I am needed here, in this town. This is my flock and I am committed to heal the folks here - both physically and spiritually. But please, do visit your mentor. Learn what you can. When you return, we shall talk more."

Next post for Ryssa will be in the new game...

-Nep
Neptune #975765 Fri 12/07/19 19:54 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He understood Davroar's ... discomfort. He remembered his 'invitation' and how confusing and intimidating it had been. But he did =not= want to influence his friend's 'choice' to join ... or not. That was something for his conscience alone.

MikeD
Neptune #975788 Sat 13/07/19 06:22 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He silently accepts Reidoth's explanation for the secrecy part. Wearing a symbol of being a member of the Emerald Enclave openly all the time could be more trouble than it is worth, but he will not be shy in displaying it when he has to.
The Enclave's tenets fall in line with his own, but he is a little concerned with which circle (Eldath, Mielikki, or Silvanus) he should join as he does not place much worship into any of them.

"I do not favour nor worship any one particular god, Reidoth. Do I have to pick a circle to be a member of this?"

He looks to Bern and wonders if he is going to work with him then perhaps it would make sense to just be in the same circle he is in.

Neptune #975823 Sun 14/07/19 01:07 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth
"Did I misspeak?" he asks with genuine concern. "Forgive an old man. I was sure that I said that most of our members worship Eldath, Mielikki, or Silvanus. I did not mean to say 'all'. I do suppose that the Elder Circle are representatives of the three predominant religions of most of our members, but not all members are. What matters is that we want the same things, those tenets. That is why I recited them. If those are the objectives you seek for this world, then I would say that working together is how they are best achieved."

-Nep
Neptune #975940 Tue 16/07/19 05:26 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"Sorry, I didn't listen closely enough. So, if there's no need to worship such gods, then I'd be glad to help."

He is not sure how this Emerald Enclave works. Blood oaths are common from where he is from, so he unsheathes his knife and asks, "Would a blood oath do to join your Emerald Enclave?"

Neptune #975951 Tue 16/07/19 18:25 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth

He cocks his head to the side in surprise and says, "No need for that," and then he extends his hand to welcome the druid in to the Enclave. "For now, just keep your eyes and ears open and promise to return when the Rockseekers reopen the mines. We'll talk then."

With that I'll call it a wrap on the game. I anticipate starting the other game in the next week or two. Let's keep this game "up" for a few weeks so that we (especially I) can reference parts of it.

THE END!

-Nep
Neptune #975960 Tue 16/07/19 19:48 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He smiles as Reiloth 'welcomes' Davroar into the Emerald Enclave, then offers his friend his hand. "Welcome to the ranks", he says with a grin.

MikeD
Neptune #975991 Wed 17/07/19 06:30 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He thought there would be more to it in joining the Emerald Enclave, but if all it takes is a handshake then he will oblige with one to Reidoth first and then to Bern.

"Ah, thanks Bern. And, yes, I'll promise to come back Reidoth."

If there is ranks within the Emerald Enclave, Davroar figures he better do his best and move up in them.

Neptune #975992 Wed 17/07/19 12:05 UTC
M
M
[[ FWIW Dugan, I was looking at my notes from when we started and they have Dav, Lum and Bern all in the Emerald Enclave from the beginning <g> ]]

MikeD
Neptune #976044 Thu 18/07/19 12:20 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth

He hands a pin to Davroar, "Welcome to the Enclave Springwarden". The pin is a copper cloak clasp in the shape of a leaf and accented with green enamel. Bern has a similar one.

-Nep
Neptune #976129 Fri 19/07/19 06:32 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

In his short life as a druid so far he has never felt like he needed to belong anywhere, letting his wanderlust and nature itself guide his way. Now, by taking the offered pin the thought of doing something greater than himself gives him a strange comfort.
With a smile and a hint of wonderment in his voice he says, "Nice. Thanks, Reidoth."

Slipping off his fur cap and cloak, revealing long dark hair that is overdue for a cut, he removes his simple knotted cord and attaches the cooper clasp in its place. The collar of his fur and leather armour can be turned up, and it will effectively hide the clasp when he needs to.

"Works better too."

Noticing Bern has one too, he asks either of them, "I guess different types will have different ranks?"

Neptune #976143 Fri 19/07/19 12:13 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He smiled as his friend accepted his 'sign'. He waited for Reidoth to continue the explanations, he =was= the senior member and was the one that initiated this.

MikeD
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
Angrboða
Angrboða
Tāmaki Makaurau, Aotearoa
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,711
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy