Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Weez, Miales), 4 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#959299 Mon 14/01/19 00:42 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Snowgate Keep Market
Hasday, the Twelfth Day of Tiger

Bekkah, Cesare, Daxia, Lyric, Kasha, and Tomomi

Getting to Snowgate's Market was an easy task. There was only one main road, of course, which switched back and forth from the Keep all the way down to the main gates. True, there were occasional narrow side alleys and pathways, but they only served small localized neighborhoods. Adjacent to some stretches there were steps, but even in there, two parallel ramps allowed wagons and carts to be drawn upwards.

To reach the market, the small group had to walk all the way back down.

The Market square itself, like most keeps, was just inside the front gates. Today, however, the large square was open with only a few folks selling their various goods out in the open. Come Marketday proper, of course, it would be full and crowded. The shops they were looking for were of a more permanent type and thus were found surrounding the square or lining the nearby stretch of the main road. Here there were two inns, a large smithy and farrier, a wheelwright, and a store selling general sundries. The finer craftsmen — such as jewelry shops, seamstresses, a pottery master, and a cabinetry maker — lined both sides of the road.

They also found three people they knew.

Kasha seemed to be in a very animated conversation with those at the gatehouse, while closer, two familiar forms — both blonde and one very short — were talking between themselves. The short one, Tomomi, had a bundle of wares held close to her chest.

"I'm not sure I'd make a good dandelion seed."

That, out of context, was a very strange thing to hear a Mouse say to Bekkah.

"For so long we've been on the outside, looking into a whole other world. But now we are just like you and everyone else. I think... I think there would be something wrong with just drifting on the wind or letting the world's currents sweep me by.

"It would feel like wasting a far too valuable gift, ja?"

Wolf #959874 Thu 17/01/19 18:10 UTC
Lyric is Lyric is Lyric

for a little bit the Minstrel was quiet, and content to walk along in the wake Of Daxia. She kept close enough so the Dayalan didn't grow uncomfortable and think she was alone, but just a half step back was best because Lyric didn't want to presume she knew where she was going and lead them all someplace that was not the Snowgate Market. Once on the road, the Minstrel remembered the path and it was a fairly simple one so she allowed herself to look around and marvel at the sights.

Given they were high in the mountains the air was cold. Snowgate Keep guarded the pass and the road into Dawnview Vale which probably rested at a lower elevation in a... Vale...a valley... Oh... Well, that kind of made sense. The Minstrel chuckled at how she amused herself with silly errant and obvious thoughts. It was cold but she wore better garments now. Since she had given much of her coin away at the Inn in the Town on the Border she really didn't have much to spend in the market. But there would be pretty things to see and smell. She enjoyed the sun overhead and smiled upwards at the bright yellow ball that was She Who Crosses the Sky. It wasn't like that back home though. Blood Red.

Step by step she was feeling the pull of the many distractions. If keiko were here she would recognize that this was the time to keep an eye on Lyric so she didn't wander off and get lost, not that she ever considered herself lost. Everywhere she went was always Here. And if you were Here then you were not There. From There to here was how any journey progressed. If you are Here then you know where you are and thus, you can't be lost.

"Maybe I am a dandelion seed," she mused absently as she took those first few steps away from Daxia's side as the group was reuniting.

Wolf #959986 Fri 18/01/19 14:36 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

As they approached the market and Bekkah and Tomomi came into view, Cesare raised a hand in greeting but before reaching them, said quietly to Daxia.

"Up to you what you tell Bekkah of earlier but we should stay on our guard.. just in case."

It is almost second nature to him to watch people, watch the shadows, keep an eye out for danger. He aims to do just that.

Gypsy #960071 Fri 18/01/19 19:28 UTC
Bekkah

"Even Dandelions take root eventually. None of us knows for certain what is in store for us. Keep your eyes open. There is a lot out there to experience."

When she their friend come into the market, she waved back to Cesare.

"Let's join them." she said invitingly.

"I hope you all haven't been cooped up inside all this time? It is too fine a day to waste, looking at stone."

Wolf #960072 Fri 18/01/19 19:38 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Lord Protector, Her Ladyship Verchovai Daxia Yurisdotter
[Daxia serves DAYALA... the GM ESPECIALLY should get this right]

Dazi smiled at Lyric’s quiet comment. “Or perhaps you simply appear to be a dandelion seed,” she murmured in response before the minstrel stepped away.

Dandelions — whether seeds or flowers — were an interesting thing to compare oneself to. While Bekkah certainly let her Lady carry her from place to place to discover the people who most needed her help, Dazi would much rather aspire to the type of dandelion that the Koromov represented: grounded, thoughtful, deliberate, purposeful. It was the sort of person Kassia had trained her to be. It was the sort of person Kisa needed her to be.

But she snickered at Cesare’s comment.

“Coming straight out and telling my sister what happened will let her express her concern and dismay all at once. And look at the Market!” She gestured to the open space where tables and carts and heavy rugs would be laid out come Marketday. “Likely, the only trouble we find here will be whatever has followed us. And it appears Kasha has that situation in hand.”

Dazi gave him a grin before walking up to her sister and draping an arm around her shoulders.

“It’s been an exciting afternoon already! An exceptionally inconsiderate person tried to kill me. As you can see, he did not succeed. Sadly, I had to kill him instead. The foolish individual who appears to have masterminded the attack is in Eleni’s dungeon. Morning Star thought it would be a good idea to kill him and have you bring him back to life over and over. Don’t worry, I told him you’d never agree to such nonsense.

“And now I’m off to see the smith about getting my shield repainted. The less High Priestess Karina has to find fault with, the easier that audience will go.”

She grinned at Bekkah and Tomomi.

“I hope you had a much more relaxed afternoon. Have you bought gifts for Keiko, little one, or your friends back home? In either case, it’s very thoughtful of you.”

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #960105 Sat 19/01/19 02:03 UTC
Bekkah

Her smile quickly faded as Dazi spoke.

"Wait, tried to kill you? Who? Why?"

"And no, you are correct, I would not do such a thing."

"and you really are unhurt?" she asked concerned, taking a step back to look her baby sister over.

Wolf #960270 Sun 20/01/19 17:03 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity

Dazi laughed, relieved at her sister’s predictable reaction.

“Yes, tried to kill me. And failed, as you can see.” She shrugged eloquently. “Both the dead man and his master are minions of the Imperial Family Velikii. I know you hate political intrigue, but that’s what’s going on here. The why of it? Apparently our little dust-up in Cragside last year caused them considerably more distress than I could see.”

She looked over at Kasha, a thoughtful expression on her face as she considered what she’d learned from Rishka. In hindsight, everything she’d done since leaving the Vale had led to this afternoon’s confrontation, although all the tiles falling precisely the way they had fallen required more than a little luck on the Velikii’s part. Revenge for everything they’d lost in Cragside made sense. She’d only been one person in a group of many, but she’d had to take the reins of leadership to ensure Elise Jefferysdotter lost neither her life nor her inheritance — it was bad enough that she’d lost her father.

“Coming after me was the most sensible thing if they wanted to punish the people responsible for their embarrassment. Cami is safe in Bordertown, and Koromovs are their peers again. Would they try to kill her? Maybe. Could they succeed? I suspect she has plenty of powerful friends... and she’s bloody clever.”

Dazi nodded toward Cesare. “Tracking down a Rhoni would take someone with the skill of a Hunter. Speaking of Hunters, Darian is not only on the other end of the mainland, but she’s not a Hunter that would take kindly to being treated as prey.”

She sighed and looked in Bekkah’s eyes. There was a sadness there, something she could hide from most of the world... but not her sister.

“Celi and Kadri are gone. And Mikal is someone who can take care of himself. Could he be surprised by an assassin as I was?” Dazi nodded. “Yes. Would he fare as well as I did against an assassin? Probably. I think so.

“But I’m the one who was most predictable. They knew that I’d eventually have to come back to the Vale.

“So you ask why?

“Because I’m the easiest target, I suppose.”

Then Dazi smiled wryly as Bekkah tried to find any evidence of injury, even something as small as a new bruise.

“Bekkah, I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself. I promise! And I had a well-trained Dayalan initiate at my side. She ran her greatsword right through the fool. Of course, that meant I couldn’t ask him any questions, but between Rishka’s knowledge of machinations in Trundle and the ravings of the man’s master... we learned enough.”

Her brows furrowed then and Dazi looked more confused than she had since she was a child.

“Bekkah, he truly believes, as apparently all in House Velikii and their followers do, that they’re bringing forth an age where the Gods will become... meaningless.

“People might be able to do marvelous things... to construct machines and create medicines and imitate the powers the Gods grant to their followers. I don’t doubt that people can do all the things he seemed to think are possible.

“But to deny that the Gods have a place in people’s lives? To think that they can force people to give up whatever comfort they receive as members of whatever church they belong to?”

She shook her head.

“I can’t understand that, Bekkah. To choose not to follow a God as Cesare and Cami and Keiko have... that’s a personal choice. I can understand that and agree that it’s a valid way of living one’s life. But to be forced to forsake the Gods?

“It’s madness.”

Wolf #960315 Sun 20/01/19 21:07 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He listens to the two sisters, both of whom he is very fond of. And he wears his best expression of unfeigned innocence.. which of course usually means he is not.

Wolf #960325 Sun 20/01/19 21:45 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Snowgate Market

A very small hand reached out as a minstrel passed her by, creating a soft tug that — at least temporarily — prevented Lyric from simply drifting on the wind.

"I know what Mister Renyard would say."

The little Mouse girl addressed both her companions, sharing her attention with both Bekkah and Lyric.

"Actually, he wouldn't say anything. But if I close my eyes..."

And she did just this that, while she continued with her speculations.

"I can hear him, and he wouldn't say anything, but he'd ask. When it's important, Mister Renyard always asks a question. And he'd ask something like this: is being a dandelion seed just an easy excuse for not taking responsibility for your life?

"Lady would then say that life is the most precious gift ever and should not be wasted just drifting about and we must be worthy of it.

"I... I... I don't think to have a soul has lifted that responsibility off our shoulders. I... I think we have been given a second gift and now have to work even harder to be worthy of it. It's not easy, being worthy.

"It's really, really hard."

The serious conversation was broken by Daxia's far lighter queries. Tomomi suddenly clutched her wares closer to her chest, but after a heartbeat, she blinked, smiled so very wide and looked up at the Dayalan with sparkling eyes.

"And being nice to folks is the best way of being worthy. That's what Soft told us.

"I have a pretty dress and a useful cup for Girl. Miss Bekkah says everyone likes pretty things and the cup is something you use every day and will remind you that there is someone who is thinking nice things of you. Nice things. Not too nice things. Simple things. And a brush for Lady. I think I may ask for a bag of rice seeds for all of Home.

"And for Keiko? Oh my!

"I found a blue!

"The deepest and richest blue ever. A jeweler had this stone called lapis and when he miscut it and was all sad until I said I could use it and would trade him coins for it. I think if I grind it really carefully and work it right, it will be the deepest blue ever. Then Keiko will have a new color for painting. She's really good at it.

"Mice have always done things like this for Home because we can go to places where no one else can reach and never have to worry about being eaten by a tree along the way. So I am always looking in new places for new colors. Lady says looking for new things is always a good habit."

Meanwhile, at the gates, Kasha stomped one foot on the ground, her arms straight at her sides and hands folded into tight fists. Spinning on one heel, she started to storm back up to the keep. Obviously, the Trundle Merchants had made it through the gates and were already a good bit down Snowgate Pass. Back at the market group, Tomomi actually had a small observation after listening to Daxia explain matters to Bekkah.

"That's what Broke teaches us. Being able to choose is what gives what you do worth. She says if you can't choose, you can't choose."

Wolf #961610 Fri 01/02/19 15:21 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity

As Kasha purposefully strode passed, Daxia called out to her. “Get the signal fires lit. I’m sure Dama Nadya, TeeCee, Rishka, and you have already had the thought.”

It wasn’t as though Daxia had a lot of experience with the signals Snowgate used to communicate with Corliss, but it seemed to be outside the usual procedures to announce people leaving the Vale — other than the Khoralls, of course. There had been no fires when she left. With all the gawking she had done, she’d have certainly noticed.

Then she turned to the Mouse person and smiled broadly at her enthusiasm. Learning and teaching. Teaching and learning. Hadn’t she been doing that since the moment she and Gilly had parted ways at the juncture of Corliss and Kierkegaard lands? She had known — or at least guessed — that challenging other people’s misconceptions of Dayalans would be part of her journey. Learning to be a leader had not been part of the plan. Well, it had not been part of her plan. It had very likely been part of Kisa’s plan.

And teaching? It would be simplistic to say she’d taught Kay what it meant to be a Dayalan in the Third Age. Perhaps she had. Perhaps she had only begun that lesson. By the time she and Kisa had left them in Talantal, Romana was playing a far more significant role in teaching Kay that lesson. To be fair, Romana had taught Dazi so many things it was impossible to enumerate them all.

Cesare had probably grown the most in the time he had followed her across the mainland. Could she honestly say she had taught him anything? Perhaps there was value in just being someone who stood back up after circumstances shattered her world view and landed her on her back. Each time she stood back up stronger than before... and knocking her down became harder and harder. Was that the example she meant to set? Would she have reacted differently at the Amber Inn when faced with a Wolf Woman if she had not met Romana and befriended Dominic and led her merry band of misfits from Cragside to Talesan’s Village?

Wolf people and Mouse people and — if Dayala blessed her — someday Fox people and Rat people and who knows what other sorts of people she’d meet. Learning...

...and teaching. She squatted down so that she was eye to eye with Tomomi.

“Worth can be found in many ways. Your friends and family in the Forest are wise to know this. I can’t counsel you to never forget that you have worth. People sometimes forget this, and it’s no help to say, ‘Oh, you shouldn’t feel that way.’ But I can say that there is a way to walk away from that feeling... and it’s sometimes hard, sometimes easy.”

Daxia glanced at her sister and then Cesare before smiling softly at Tomomi.

“Look at your friends. Just that — look at them. See who they are. And understand that everything inside of you that makes you happy when you see your friends is something that’s happening in their hearts, too. As long as you have friends, Miss Tomomi, you have worth. And I see what kind of person you are. You will always have friends.”

As she stood up again, she let the seriousness roll off her shoulders.

“Well! It seems that your expertise with color and Miss Keiko’s skill at painting might be a better solution for my poor shield than bothering the smith or Captain TeeCee. It will certainly allow us to continue our journey in the morning. That is, of course, if you both will agree to do me the great favor of replacing a white band with a silver one!

“And as for being able to choose...”

The redhead looked around at her companions again, this time letting her gaze rest on the minstrel.

“Lyric, will you join me in perusing the tailor’s wares?” Daxia pointed to a shop on the other side of the road. It was not one of the fancier ones. From the looks of the place, their clothing was sturdy and utilitarian. “I shall need your opinion.” Her eyes flicked to the Mouse again. “And yours as well, Tomomi.”

Then she looked at Bekkah and Cesare again and laughed. “Well, I suppose all of us might as well overwhelm them.”

{OOC: Dang. This took nearly two weeks to write and isn’t anything like the post I started on 20 January. I really hate the Dark Times. Ugh.}

Wolf #961615 Fri 01/02/19 16:04 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He listens as Daxia talks to Tomomi, nodding and smiling when she talks about seeing your own value in your friends, something he has always felt. It is a nice way of looking at life, measuring your riches by the friends you have, people who are choosing to be with you, not obligated to be there.

"I think I could add some warmer clothing to my back and my pack. I think some of my lighter clothes could probably be confined to the bin now."

Wolf #961626 Fri 01/02/19 16:42 UTC
Lyric, wandering the market in small steps

The Minstrel had not gotten very far away, just a nearby stall and then the one next to it, and the one after that as well. She wore the borrowed garments and her own heavy, tartan patterned, High Tarn Cloak. She probably should have been looking for proper Vale and pass clothing for herself, but she couldn't help getting fascinated by the artisan work of craftsman who sold the baubles of blown and twisted glass. Enamored of the goods offered by street-side crafters who sewed delicate beauty into their cloth offerings meant to add style and elegance to the clothes made by others. All of these different types of things were like ornaments that dazzled the light, and captured her attention, drawing a moth to flame. She had so few coin left and didn't really know their denominations anyway so she wasn't sure she could buy anything at all. But it seemed that looking came at no cost and she smiled at each proprietor in appreciation for allowing her to find a moment of joy in each and every trinket, frippery, and furbelow that caught her attention.

Almost absently she looked back because she wasn't sure she had heard or simply imagined her name being called out. Indeed, Daxia had called her back to the group. With a few quick skipping steps and some self-amusing laughter, the Minstrel danced her way back to the Warrior Woman.

"I am not shy about offering my opinion, but fair warning and truth be told... If it is to a tailor we visit, I'm am not very knowledgeable about clothing styles. I didn't even come to this place very well prepared myself."

Wolf #961862 Sun 03/02/19 14:29 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity

One thing Daxia could say with near certainty was that Lyric managed to find beauty and joy in the world to such an extent that it outshone her lapses into whatever melancholy that her past pulled her. That wouldn’t be a bad outlook for the knight to emulate when she woke from her own nightmares about demons and avatars.

“You are fortunate, then, that I am far too knowledgeable about clothing styles for a simple warrior!” she said with a chuckle to the minstrel before leading the group toward the shop.

Growing up in the Vale, observing the Allaine Court for all those years, she had watched as sleeves lengthened and shortened, became fuller and more narrow again, as belts and bows cinched waistlines, and as colors flowed from one to another with the seasons. It had been one more thing she hadn’t realized she’d been learning until she arrived in Talantal and attended Khorall Korie’s Court.

“The tailor and his wife are known for their simple and sturdy clothing. They favor practicality over whatever happens to be the latest fashion trend. Someone needs to!”

On their way out of the Vale, Gilly had insisted they stop at this particular shop before they left the Vale.

Do you have enough socks, Daxia? I know you don’t have a second set of tunics beyond your Temple garb. That’s not smart. What about a hat, gloves, a scarf?

In the end, Dazi had only needed a second set of tunics — the ones that were destroyed by the blood and viscera of an Eastern Hunting Beast that had died as she sliced open its belly when it leaped over her. Stupid disgusting creatures. Well, no, they weren’t stupid. But their innards were beyond disgusting.

She tossed away those memories as she nodded to Cesare. “Gilly said this is the shop where the common folks barter for clothing they don’t have the skill or time to make.”

Stepping into the shop caused her smile to broaden once more. Among the tunics, shirts, trousers, and cloaks of neutral colors was the occasional splash of bright green or red. Both tailors were working diligently on a project; only he looked up when they entered the shop.

“Master Tailor, I do hope you can help my companions find cloaks that will stand up to the weather of the Vale and Jambles,” she said, gesturing to Lyric and Tomomi. Then she tilted her head in Cesare’s direction and rolled her eyes. “And my friend has finally figured out that he’s been wearing tatters instead of shirts.”

Well, it was a slight exaggeration, but one that matched her improved mood. For the tailor’s benefit, she patted the pouch that hung from her belt, telling him without the need for words that she would ensure that the debts incurred here would be met and paid.

Wolf #961867 Sun 03/02/19 15:23 UTC
Lyric, learning customs in a new land

...and to think, Lyric had wandered the stalls and the open air shops along the main road and the side road, even saying a few pleasantries, thinking to enjoy the sounds of voices and hearing the way words were spoken, smelling the air and feeling the briskness of the wind. BUT had she made a terrible breach of custom and protocol in the Vale through sheer ignorance?

The Minstrel fell in alongside the Dayalan who seemed so comfortable taking the lead. Lyric had spent all her life never being in charge of anything, despite all the possible words that could be added to her name. There were always others with more words that had more meaning... who had more interest in being in charge of things that seemed so meaningless. The Minstrel mostly kept to herself, in her private places, secret places, places where she could think or laugh, or talk to others who couldn't care less about extra words added to your name. Such things were meaningless to them, just as Lyric felt that those who wanted meaningless things to mean something were meaningless to Lyric. Or something like that...

Yeah, it was hard to make wisp care that you were important, especially when you didn't believe it yourself. Oh, and the little ones, the furry ones, and the ones with wings and feathers? Don't bother. They're not very good listeners, but they are fun and always happy. Probably because they simply don't care about things that aren't about being happy.

She watched the exchange of greetings with the man she called Tailor. She watched carefully how Daxia executed the greeting. Then she too smiled at the man with a nod added for good measure and respect as she patted her own small pouch. The thin sounding klik-klak of her last three coins and two buttons she had earned in the tavern in Borderown was unimportant where matters of formality in greetings were concerned. Tapping the pouch in the Vale seemed ritual and Lyric was determined to learn the ways of folks wherever she travelled.

She was a half pace back but very near to Daxia's shoulder. The two women were not of a similar height, with Lyric being about the length of her own hand shorter, and so when Lyric leaned her behind behind Daxia's back to whisper, she had to stand up up on her toes to whisper in the warrior's ear.

"It would be rude of me not to mention this now. I will have to make due with what I have already and what I have been given out of kindness. I am very sure I do not have enough coin to buy anything at all here... not even melty crystal glass trinkets it seems... They were very pretty and split light into wonderful colors... But No, I have only three very small coins left. And I was saving them to either buy, ummm, something tasty I have never had before... or maybe give to someone who needs it more than me."

Wolf #961884 Sun 03/02/19 16:52 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He grins at Daxia.

"But fine tatters they are though."

Then he steps forward towards the tailor.

"Assuming I can afford the coin, I would like two sets of warm clothing including undergarments in addition to the aforementioned cloak. I like muted colours that blend into backgrounds. Comfort valued way above any fashion. I also like pockets and clothes that do not make a noise when I move."

He smiles broadly.

"Now what can you show me?"

Wolf #961928 Mon 04/02/19 00:27 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Snowgate Market

Daxia's advice was answered by a simple grumble as Kasha stormed her way through the mostly empty market, bound for the keep's highest ring. The problem with the signal fires was while they could indicate alarm, they had a very limited vocabulary. She offered the Knight a rough wave, to ensure that Daxia's words had been heard, though there wasn't much she could do about them until she returned to her Captain and sword sister.

Bekkah's previous inquiry was rendered moot by this point, as Daxia had proven herself whole and relatively unharmed by now. Her words afforded the Priestess a particular conundrum of her own. While the lack of certain Gods — such as Lord Jagnar the Dark — might improve the world by their being misplaced, losing all the gods would mean losing the nice ones too, like her Lady, Dominic's mischevious Deity or even her sister's slightly more stern one. If that was the Veilikki's actual desire, the real question might be different. Not an if or a how, but a why?

The rest of the conversation was innocently unexpected. Of all the people in the market, the last person that anyone would have expected to become its center was the little Mouse girl.

She merely blinked, going all wide-eyed, when Daxia crouched down to look at her eye-to-eye. That caused big ears to pink, that she would be worthy of such attention.

"Oh my..."

Tomomi just whispered those two words, quiet for a bit before she shook her head as if to drive away strange and silly thoughts. It was not as if she set out to speak of deep matters and those philosophical. It was a matter of simplicity. She just spoke what to her was a matter of facts, just the way things were, seen from a Forest Folk's eyes.

"It's a nice day."

She was right, in a way, despite Kasha's storm and the incident at Court. The sky was clear, Her light warm and bright, and there was no harsh wind or frozen rain.

"Miss Keiko taught me about friendship. I really, really didn't understand it at all, even with all the nice folks and other Mice at Home. But she didn't teach me on a day like today. She showed me what it meant to have a friend on the very very very worst of days. That's why she's my Forever Friend. And now I know all of you. Is it odd, is it wrong, that the proof of being a friend is not when things are well, but when they aren't and yet, and yet I would never ever wish anyone, especially those who deserve care for, a day that dark to prove one's friendship?"

She let out a soft sigh, matched with an odd shy — and just as small as she was — smile.

"Life is so complicated for a simple Mouse."

Her head ducking, Tomomi then returned to the matters at hand.

"Oh! I'd be glad to help, honored even! I've never helped make paint for a shield before! I'm sure Keiko will want to sand it clean first, and I need to hop to the alum place and then visit the metal places for scraps of black iron. That shouldn't take too long at all and then well, time to snooze. I've never made hops this long until nowadays, and they make me all sleepy."

It seemed there was some manner of limit to Tomomi's unique mode of transportation.

"As for clothes?

"I'm not sure I'll be a good help. Everything here is so pretty."

She fingered her sturdy travel cloak.

"The people at the market call this patchwork. But we like it lots. Each piece has a different story. The Pack brings us all sorts of hides for leather, big and small. Some collect flax and such and make threads and linen. Sometimes we gather our coins and buy wool at the market. Sheep don't live well in a swamp. There's fur for warmth. Why do they say patchwork is only for poor folks? I look at my cloak and all its pieces, and it makes me feel all nice inside.

"Even the lace I make, it's patched to something else.

"Life really is so complicated for a simple Mouse."

Happily, the tailor's shop wasn't so complicated.

The tunics and cloaks being crafted here were finely cut, that was true. But there was an elegant simplicity to them. They were not as pragmatic as something from the Highgaard Reaches, but they were meant for Dawnview Vale and its mountain climate. There were not many styles to chose from. A tunic was a tunic, a surcoat a surcoat and cloaks came in full and half circles. That made the decisions easy. Now, if one wanted a fitted gown, that, of course, would be found in the Vale, even in Snowgate, but not at a simple tailor's shop.

For that, you'd need a seamstress and time.

Fanciness would come from trims and borders or the amount of jewelry worn. And that was the trade of other crafting folks.

Tomomi would drift towards the white and lighter colors. They seemed a nice fit for such an innocent little mouse. They were Bekkah's colors too.

Cesare could find sturdy garb to fit his nature, however, a cloak he already had. Daxia, having been here once before, would find any extra clothes she needed. Black and silver too, as the worship of Dayala was more common here. In fact, more common here than the worship of the Imperial deities. It was not as if the Imperial Court was not welcome in Dawnview Vale, it just never gained much of a foothold among the Vale's people.

Tomomi would, once more, tug on Lyric's sleeve.

"If you choose a bright color, we can soften it with white lace. That might be a nice touch of fanciness for a Minstrel, and you can then be patchwork too!"

Clothing selected and paid for, the little troop would finish their shopping and then their day. Tomomi would vanish for a bit, near the end of the day. She would be found later, snoozing with Keiko, with several large pouches of particular pigments filled. The last question, then, was a simple choice.

Dawnview Castle and the Jambles were ahead of them.

When would they leave?

Wolf #962024 Mon 04/02/19 18:24 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity

Addressing Tomomi’s observations and questions seemed important before continuing the shopping excursion.

“No, Miss Tomomi, it’s not odd at all, nor is it wrong, that friendship is most clearly seen in times of hardship.”

She looked at Cesare then, although her words were mostly intended for the young Mouse lass.

“Like the finest blades, the strongest friendships are forged in fire.”

Tilting her head as she gave her attention back to Tomomi, she smiled. “A true friend will walk through the fires of hardship with you. Not necessarily literal fires, of course, although in this world, it’s not outside the realm of possibility.

“But when you doubt your purpose or are terrified of what you must do or are even caught inside your head wondering just what the right thing might be, your true friends will be there. They will support your actions in words or deeds. If they have the skill to stand at your side in battle, they will do that. And they will listen to your concerns, even when they have nothing to offer but a hug.

“And that Keiko is a Forever Friend — something that I understand is very rare among the Rhoni — says all that needs to be said about her character and your friendship.”

Then Dazi looked at Bekkah, a twinkle in her eyes. “Big sisters can be wonderful friends, too.”

As they entered the shop, the Dayalan nodded to the Mouse. “Your cloak is beautiful. It tells a story of who you are. Perhaps the tailor has a comfortable fleece lining that will keep you warm in the mountains and still allow you to tell your story to others, ja?

“And life is complicated for me, too, Miss Tomomi. Most people don’t like to admit that. And they think that being a follower of Dayala should make things simple. Right and wrong, good and bad. Life isn’t like that, so I feel blessed to know I’m not most people!”

Lyric’s whispered comment sent a momentary pang of regret through the Priestess’s heart. Celi had been oh, so concerned about her meager collection of coins... and often took foolish chances to prove she could fend for herself. But she turned to the minstrel with a smile.

“Don’t be concerned about your coins today, Lyric,” she whispered in return. “My liege finds it amusing to ensure I carry around a portion of her wealth. And if I’m carrying it around, why, that means I have the discretion to spend it where I see a need.

“Save your coins for buying something you’ve never tasted before! Have you ever tasted a bowl of finely crushed ice mixed with honey? Now, that’s a treat you’ll want to find at the Dawnview Market.”

Dazi nodded decisively. “Consider it a gift from me... and Kisa... to see that you are warmly dressed for your journey through the Vale. I have heard you speak of oaths and promises and bonds, but be assured that this is a gift that does not place you in my debt in any way.”

Then she nodded toward the Mouse girl. “Tomomi seem to have a keen eye for beauty. Perhaps she will help you find just the right cloak.” The Dayalan chuckled softly at Cesare’s interaction with the tailor. “And our Rhoni friend might be an expert on practicality.

“Enjoy shopping, Lyric. There’s no need to worry.”

As the others decided what they needed for the journey ahead, Daxia stepped over to Bekkah and draped an arm around her shoulders.

“You’ve been uncharacteristically quiet, dear sister. What sort of thoughts are rolling around in your head this afternoon that are keeping you so silent?”

Wolf #962106 Tue 05/02/19 13:08 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He nods to Daxia's words.

"True. When you put your life in someone's hands, or they in yours, that speaks of a trust deeper than normal. And Tomomi, we all did that in the mines. Without any one of us, Lyric's plan would not have worked. And although Daxia wasn't with us that time, Bekkah and I have been through different but similar trials with her."

He smiles.

"Decorative clothing I haven't a clue but when it comes to practical, maybe.. I have found times often where being less seen or heard is a distinct advantage."

Wolf #962648 Sun 10/02/19 07:37 UTC
Lyric, thinking snow is one thing but Ice... not so much.

Lyric didn't have a concern for her coins. Maybe the Dayalan misread the her reactions and words. The Minstrel opened the small purse at her belt and scooped the four coins and two buttons out into the palm of her other hand. She looked at them and then to Daxia. "I don't believe I can be concerned about something I have never had before I began my journey. To me, the buttons are the most valuable thing in my hand. They were given to me by a woman in Bordertown. A priceless gift given to me from her heart because I touched her heart."

She glanced again at her palm. "I don't even know what these are worth, but I had many more that night and gave them away because they were more valuable to others than they were to me."

Lyric shrugged, "Now I have only four coins left and I don't know if I can afford anything with them. Truthfully, I'm not sure I care. I suppose that is a foolish way to be, but I know no other way. I would much rather trade a song for a meal. Another for a drink. The best I have to give to another in return for the best from them. That is how friends are made... sharing lives and laughter... even tears."

One more glance at them and the Minstrel was struck by a notion that made her smile. She offered the coins to Daxia. "You are kind to offer me what is needed to be warm and comfortable. But do not worry... Oaths and Bindings are more complicated than you think. And that is a good thing. It allows me to tell you I am grateful for your kindness and that I am honored to know you as my friend. I will keep the buttons, but I would ask you to add my 'wealth' to that which you already protect."

She would let Daxia unravel the symbolism there.

When the words were exchanged and there was nothing more to be said between them for the moment, the Minstrel felt the call of her mercurial nature and gave it reign. And with that, she found Her Mouseness and there was laughter and the search for clothes that could be made unique. It didn't matter what the Minstrel would ultimately find to wear so long as she was with her friends. Having never had friends before in her life, but never wanting these new feelings to end, Lyric could not put a sum or price upon the value of family.

"Oh Tomomi," she said softly to her friend, "In all the long time I have been alive I have never realized just how patchwork I am. I give you leave to create art Little One."

Wolf #962688 Sun 10/02/19 20:15 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Snowgate Keep, Snowgate Hall and then the Markets

Bekkah, Cesare, Daxia, Lyric, Tomomi, the Tailors... and Eleni, Kisa, and Nadya

"No wonder One Fang really, really likes you very, very, very much, Miss Lyric! That's just like being at Home. The only reason we know how to use coins is that the Young Master taught us so we could have our very own marketday. At Home, we just do stuff for each other, well, because if one of us is sad, we are all sad. If one of us is happy, everyone in Home smiles. It's not perfect, because sometimes there are things we just can't do for ourselves. But then, well, it's a hard thing shared.

"This is how we were taught."

The young woman's nose wrinkled, her whiskers twitching.

"That coin there? It's worth a whole handful of Miss Henderson's meat pies!"

She then offered the minstrel a very different kind of smile.

"Patchwork. Patchwork is like having friends, isn't it? All together and you have a warm cloak. One is missing, and you have a hole in your heart. Patchwork. I think... I think we like being patchwork too, Miss Lyric. Very much so. Every patch has worth."

Then Daxia stole her attention.

"Ooooooh! Fleece! The magic of sheep. That was one of the best things about the markets, we got to see sheep and buy wool and get soft, soft fleece."

Rising to her tiptoes, she looked around, head tilting a bit.

"But I see no fleece here! But I saw it earlier today."

Daxia's other question, however, was not answered by the friendly Mouse. It was answered by one of the tailors in the room. He looked up from his work, smiled at Daxia and then nodded at her older sister.

"I saw that look just this morning. My daughter is all moon-calf-eyed because her boyfriend has to tend his folks' sheep up in the high valleys and won't be back for a fullhand of days. But for her, it's forever, and she'll never see him again."

The rest of their stay was spent as her Mouseness took up her appointed task. For Cesare, she chose a long black undertunic and a shorter white overtunic.

"It's like the two sisters back at Home. They fit together but are not the same. It's also good if you are trying to hide like the mountains here, black mountains with white tops. Why are they called the Black Mountains anyways? They seem, well, mostly rock-colored with snow all over them."

For Lyric, she selected a white undertunic, a blue over tunic and a black surcoat. She also found a long black belt, the kind whose ends hung all the way down the front of the tunics when buckled.

"Black goes with everything, but you have to be careful, otherwise you become all one color, and folks will either think you are a bad guy, related to the Young Master, or a not very good person. So we need other colors. Blue for the sky and white for the snow. And the belt? It's long enough so Miss Daxia can grab it when you start to wander away."

Then there was Bekkah.

"Oh, my wife dyed that, she does this thing with wax and many colors."

The tailor smiled when Tomomi chose a brightly colored shawl of light silk, shimmering in a rainbow of colors.

"Life is more than white on white, Miss Bekkah!"

For Daxia, however, for the moment she seemed left out. But since the Mouse hopped away after they left the tailor's shop, perhaps her choice was a little different. But that would have to wait until later. By then it was time to walk back up the road to the keep - they were, after all, guests of two Khoralls. When they finally arrived in the main hall, it was being set up for the day's last meal. Her light had cast most of the courtyard and keep in shadow, the sun poised to vanish behind the mountains. Because of the mountains, both twilight and dinnertime came earlier than along the Highland Path.

There were places set, and some were even occupied.

If one looked up at the gallery, they'd see the Khorall's personal bodyguard stretched out along the stone railing, supposedly asleep. When one approached Eleni's main table the young ruler was there, books opened and being lectured by Nadya about taxes, budgets, and harvests. The one thing Dawnview Vale lacked, or so it seemed, was a Tray. She did not look happy, but she did seem determined.

Kisa was there too. Or, at the least, she was probably the person behind the other held-up book, pages slowly turned one by one.

Tomomi walked around the book to peek and then with a nod set something down beside it. She then trotted over to Daxia and handed her a pair of big suede mittens. They looked very practical, with soft white lining. Fleece. The magic of sheep.

"So you can keep warm when you can't hold hands."

Wolf #962928 Tue 12/02/19 12:58 UTC
Bekkah

She smiled and then laughed softly at Tomomi's comment.

"True, but I've always felt I looked good in white. I've been told it offsets my eyes." she said clearly teasing.

Wolf #963324 Fri 15/02/19 18:18 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He is pleased with his purchases and thanks Tomomi for her help. The colours will be good for this area and the extra thickness will help against the cold.

Wolf #963482 Sun 17/02/19 16:00 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity

Daxia gave her full attention to Lyric as she talked about her knowledge of coins, merely smiling almost... fondly at the minstrel. How was it possible for someone so unlike Romana to so often bring Roman’s memory to the forefront of her mind? That was a question that didn’t really matter. Lyric made Dazi smile.

Dayatina al sedenstevie. Kisa could apply this bit of Ancient wisdom to the grand Pattern, her tiles, and even the way she interpreted Keiko’s reading of her Cards. Daxia found it just as easy — if the gestalt of the sentiment could be considered “easy” — to apply it to individual interactions.

She accepted the coins with a nod.

“You are quite right about the building of friendships. It would be an honor to protect your meager wealth while you hold the greater portion of it. I believe I would enjoy a conversation about Oaths and Bindings, for it has been my experience that some oaths are not all that complicated. Bindings? Well, I suppose that’s another matter.”

She smiled with real happiness.

“If you can teach me something new, I will be even more glad of our budding friendship.”

And then, standing beside her sister, she watched the others shop for the clothing they needed. The Mouse’s assessment of friendship was another nuanced layer in the meaning of that word. A patchwork? Yes, that was certainly a good way of describing the people in the Dayalan’s life — so different, yet coming together with a purpose in a cohesive way. She had vague memories of a patchwork blanket in a riot of colors alongside a more structured pattern in shades of blue. Two blankets of two sisters left behind when they traveled from a tiny hamlet near Sapphire Lake to the Temple.

As she listened to Tomomi explain her choice to Cesare, Dazi had to bite her lips to keep from laughing. She suspected that black and white were not at all what Cesare had in mind when he requested colors that blended into his surroundings. But to suggest that he dress like the Black Mountains? Well, that was certainly one way to hide in plain sight if that were a person’s intention.

And then she blinked at Tomomi as she picked out a belt for Lyric. That... was... a peculiar bit of information right there. Lyric couldn’t be trusted not to wander off and get herself lost? How very strange. And Daxia wasn’t sure she believed that. Lyric had the same sort of disregard for her surroundings that Bekkah sometimes did. And Bekkah could be trusted not to wander off and get herself lost. True, Bekkah did sometimes deliberately rush into situations where most people would tiptoe at best. But that was different.

And Dazi had never had to keep someone from wandering off and getting lost before. She’d always trusted those around her to know what they were doing.

Oh. Well, there had been Celi, who... no, even she hadn’t been that unaware of her surroundings. She had just been ill-prepared by her teacher to face a world where Coveners were not welcome.

“You’re silly, Bekkah! You know very well that everyone has always told us that blue is the best color to highlight our eyes. And see! Even Master Tailor can see that you’re completely and totally in love with Finn Smith. I told you. Now maybe you’ll believe me.” She laughed. “After we visit Grandmother and our cousin, I think it would be a good idea if I took you back to Talantal. Maybe I can’t save the whole world, but I can do everything in my power to make sure you’re happy.”

She adjusted the gorgeous shawl around Bekkah’s shoulders. “I hope you realize that Finn won’t even notice this shawl, my dear sister. He’ll see your face, and that’s all he’ll see. Don’t you argue with me,” she said preemptively. “I saw the sparkle in his eyes when he spoke of you. Kisa said it was eerily like the sparkle in my eyes when I look at her sometimes. So there! Ha! I know what I’m talking about.”

She giggled as she paid the tailor for the clothing Tomomi had picked out for her companions. It never occurred to her to even note that Tomomi hadn’t presented her with a special item of clothing. There really wasn’t anything she needed. And besides... Tomomi seemed so very excited to help Keiko with the task of repainting the bar on the shield. That was gift enough.

And she smiled all the way back to the Keep.

Taking in the activity in the hall in a single sweeping glance around the large room, Daxia nodded to herself. As important as Kisa thought learning about taxes and harvests had been for her Knight, it was so much more crucial for Eleni. And Nadya was right to keep drilling her until she completely understood all the interconnections. Then?

Hmm. Dazi wondered if young Anatoli knew how to read... and, if not, could he be taught? He was devoted to Eleni. It was clear he wanted to do more to help her. Eleni would never think of it, of course. Maybe she should mention it to Nadya.

The sight of Slink in the balcony brought another thought to mind. However, before Daxia could say anything, Tomomi was presenting her with a beautiful pair of mittens.

“You are a clever and kind person, Tomomi,” Dazi said as she bent to hug the young lass. “Thank you so very much!”

She straightened and looked around the room again.

“I had thought to ask if you could deliver a message from Khorall Eleni to Khorall Katrina back in Corliss about the misbehaving merchants, but if that would exhaust you, I hesitate to even ask. Although, well, there you see... I’ve already mentioned it. It’s more important than my shield, I’m sure of that. If it’s something you could do — delivering a message — then I’d ask you to do this favor rather than painting my shield.

“Corliss ought to be told what the watch fires mean.”

Wolf #963494 Sun 17/02/19 16:58 UTC
Lyric, a wandering Minstrel...

“You are quite right about the building of friendships. It would be an honor to protect your meager wealth while you hold the greater portion of it. I believe I would enjoy a conversation about Oaths and Bindings, for it has been my experience that some oaths are not all that complicated. Bindings? Well, I suppose that’s another matter.”

She smiled with real happiness.

“If you can teach me something new, I will be even more glad of our budding friendship.”

There, in that moment, Lyric's expression changed to something less child-like and innocent and more serene and wizened by the weight of time. "Soon, my new friend. And the sooner the better I think."

Layer by layer Lyric was adorned in her new garb, as chosen by Tomomi. The Minstrel accepted Her Mousenesseseses... No, Just one Mouseness, but a Mouseness that possesses wisdom and understanding of fashion. Hmmm, she accepted the wisdom of Tomomi. Surely this was one of the reasons why Lyric could not read or write the Imperial-Colonial, or was it Colonial-Imperial... language. Whatever, Lyric accepted the garments chosen for despite not understanding why black meant bad guys... and if it did, then why did Dominic wear it. He wasn't a bad guy. He pretended to be many things, probably to hide the fact that he was really kind and generous. His life must have been a lonely one before he met Emerald though... for if he had to hide the best qualities a person could have, then loneliness and sadness must have been his companions. Lyric could understand that though. So distractable in her own thoughts.

White, then Blue, and Black atop it all. It was all very heavy. Yes, her cloak was heavy, and even the added garments she had been given or loaned were a little bulky, but these layers were different. Done on layers to fit with each other, serving a functional purpose and an appearance purpose. One layer over another and then another added to the feeling of stiffness But the belt? It hung nearly to the floor and kept the front very flat.

The minstrel twisted herself around to try to see her own backside. Vanity was a bit universal it seemed. The layers fell like a waterfall, smooth like the flow of a river and into a natural vertical ruffle. She shimmied her hips side to side to make the garments swing, then rotated her hips in a circle, one way and then the other to watch how the tunics flowed. No longer was she truly concerned, but rather, now, she amused by the garments movements themselves,

Next would be the big test, Could she walk in them? There felt like plenty of freedom beneath them for they were cut like a dress. A heavy dress, but not as ornate as her own Court clothes she kept bundled in her rucksack. She took several steps and nearly tripped herself when her exaggerated efforts to test the limits of her new clothing allowed her foots to catch the hem of the under tunic. Measured steps would be best. Of course no one actually high steps, but she had wanted to see how it felt and she had nearly tumbled. So then she tried skipping and then twirling, because that was how she liked to walk from time to time when she was happy Then bending over, and kneeling because she often saw things on the ground, like pretty flowers and rocks that reminded her of home, and, of course she had to be able to kneel and peer into the brush if she saw a small woodland creature. These tests went on without narration and to the outside observer, lacking the reasoning for her odd behavior, would be left to wonder about her mental state.

Her final efforts were trying to manage the belt and how it's weight changed the drape and fall of the tunics. She tried walking as though she straddled a horse, but that was very awkward to do, and probably more so to watch. In the end, she accepted that the belt was no more of an obstacle than the whole of the outfit was. She would be trading some freedom of movement for the layers of warmth it offered in exchange.

"Yes, if i am wearing this it will be easy for Daxia to catch me I suppose. But I am sure she will become very annoyed because she will likely have to drag me along because I can't keep up."

"I am not accustomed to this... But I will learn."

A few more straddle steps, followed by an attempt to swish-swing each leg in a circle from inside to outside to keep the belt from hanging between her legs as she walked. But she realized she was walking as much side to side as she was going forward. None of it was necessary but Lyric was still amused by the possibilities that might never arise.

"Is there a better way to wear this thing," she asked of the belt as she helf the end in her own hands as though she were going to take herself for a walk

Wait. More questions, or thoughts.

"Can I still wear my breeches underneath? And how do I ride Lisica? These must be quite a challenge to clean as well, yes? And changing into my armor, that will take some time."

A thought then occurred to her as she visualized her questions and her face took on a look of panic or distress. "I must wear my breeches. I can't imagine sitting my bare bottom on a cold leather saddle..."

"Oh No," she added with a determined shake of her head. "No. No!"

Wolf #963496 Sun 17/02/19 17:13 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Always with a practical approach, the Rhoni suggests..

"Maybe you could let in dangle down the back?"

He is grinning at her antics though.

Wolf #963519 Sun 17/02/19 22:24 UTC
Lyric

The Minstrel was determined to find the best way to honor this gift of clothes, and the artisan who created her white under blue under black look.

"I think I will blend in very nicely with Lysica," she said aloud to no one particular as she strutted along, "We will ride as if we are one."

Skipping every few steps, all the while bluffing her black surcoat out like wings to catch the brisk breeze. "And perhaps Dommie will think I am as mysterious as he is..."

She danced along, carefree, and unconcerned that there might be others who claimed Black as their principle color. In fact, she was completely oblivious to that. "Black goes with everything, and blue is the color of the sky, and white for snow."

Holding the end of her new belt, she travelled along with her group. Dancing, skipping, and twirling, she whistled all the while back to the Keep. Others led the way so she didn't have to pay attention to where she was going. She had no concerns about any tasks that needed to be performed once she got there, save for looking for Keiko. But she knew Keiko might already be busy, and the Daxia would need her to help with the shield. Of course no one asked Lyric if she could help with the shield, so she didn't offer.

Where to go and what to do? She would let something come to her...

Wolf #963600 Mon 18/02/19 23:44 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Snowgate Market

Bekkah, Cesare, Daxia, Lyric, Tomomi, and the Tailors

Tomomi wrinkled her nose, her long whiskers going this way and that.

"No one told me about armor or horses and all that!"

Her head tilted as she considered the conflicting requirements.

"Well, the Pack, they pull their tunics over their armor; you just have to get it cut real loose and all. As for horses, all the Horses I know wear full tunics like everyone else. Well except for riding horses and all. We don't see them except for Market Day, as riding horses and the Pack don't get along too well."

As Tomomi fell silent, the tailor spoke up.

"Oh, for riding? You just slit the tunics up — back, front, and sides — and make quarter panels. Most folks usually have a tunic made just for that, 'cause otherwise, well, there may be seen a bare ankle or two, and that'd be not very proper for the lady-folk."

As the quest for new clothes was for just that, without qualification for fighting or riding, the terms of completion were met. Thus, as all good heroes would, they received their just rewards. For some, it was amusing, as Cesare pointed out; for some it was practical. But for all, to use a very apt turn of phrase, their rewards were well fitting.

Tomomi could not help but smile as she followed the others up the long road to the Keep.

Lyric’s skipping and twirling as they walked was better thanks than any spoken words.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Vryx
Vryx
Pittsburgh
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,453
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy