Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Phoenix Prime, Vryx, Xiang Chin), 14 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jayden

"Look around here?" Jayden took a deep breath, held it a long moment and then expelled it noisily.

"What the hell..."

He looked around, but the cat - both cats - were gone.

"Okay... let's look around," he said with a marked lack of enthusiasm as he began to walk around the car. Pausing, he opened the trunk, took out the lug wrench and resumed his search, moving into the edge of the woods and then making his way around the clearing.

"What are we supposed to be looking for?"

Last edited by Exeter; Mon 01/05/17 23:03 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit took a moment to respond as if distracted. "I don't know. Mostly I was thinking that if someone came from town to go up there, that they would have to pass through this area and we might learn something without getting in to too much trouble."

[OOC: Jayden can continue here. The two intrepid cats will continue in OAHE: Darker and Deeper. This not to say that we won't have the two threads meet up, it is likely to happen. Just separating for the nonce.]

Jayden

As he made his way slowly through the underbrush around the clearing, Jayden worried about Dizzy.

"Can you uh... sense where Dizzy and the other cat are going and anything about what they are doing?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit said "no, I am unable to sense them. They have wandered out of view, and that is the limit of my senses. I am not an old ghost by any imagination, even if I was an old man when I died."

Jayden

To Jayden, his grandfather had always seemed older than God and he had a problem thinking of him as a young anything.

"What brought you back here, Gramps? I mean, hell, I don't know what I mean."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
"I think I know what you mean. It an existential sense. They say spirits that don't want to move on, have unfinished business, all that rot, is why they stay. I don't know that is the reason I am still here. Maybe I am too dull to find the door?

"What I do know is that it has only been very recently that you could perceive me, and only when you have my old pistol nearby. I don't know if I told you but I was once a card carrying G Man. I wasn't part of those nasty guys who broke up the gangsters and such. No I was more of a book keeping agent. But that gun is from those days. I audited banking transactions and looked for places that criminals hide their money. Well I did then.

"The real kicker is I got shot on the job. That is why I didn't work for them anymore and went on to the career you know me by. I was in a bank doing an audit, pretty much routine, and the darn thing was robbed. The robbers had everyone turn out their pockets. When I turned out mine, they saw my gun. I wasn't going to do nothing. I was going to give it to them. But they didn't take the chance. One of them yelled G MAN and shot me. That is why I had that limp. Didn't do a ton of damage, but it hit the bone and did enough that the government gave me a disability pension."

As Jayden continued to have halfheartedly look around he saw something shiny. Moving over to it, he noticed it was a couple of dimes. Not that big a deal really, but next to it was a pack of gum, and a marble. The items were on top of the grass instead of trampled down under it, or in the earth.

Jayden

"I never knew, Gramps..." Jayden paused and grinned.

"You should've told me. Would've made a lot more interesting bedtime stories than those fairy tales you used to inflict on me."

Then a glittering reflection caught his eye and he bent over to take a close look at what appeared to be two dimes, a pack of Juicy Fruit and a marble.

"How far are we from the place where we found the boy, Gramps?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
"Not far, not very far at all," the ghost pointed and surprisingly enough in the darkness of the tree, they could both make out a little boy sitting against the trunk of a tree crying. Though neither heard him crying, and they could see the tree through the boy.

Jayden

Another spirit... the ghost of the boy?

Jayden scooped up the coins, gum and marble and made a tentative approach to the diaphanous lad.

"Did you drop these?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The boy looked at him with shiny eyes. He nodded not trusting himself to speak. Holding out his hand palm up, he seemed to indicate he would like his items. Though they could see through the ghostly apparition, so it seemed unlikely that the boy could actually take and hold them items.

Jayden

He squatted in front of the boy spirit, grunting as his left knee popped, then laid the items on the ground in front of the lad.

"Here you go, son. Can you talk to me? Or to my grandfather?"

He pointed back in the direction of his grandfather spirit.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
"I guess so. My paw made me promise not to talk to strangers, but that doesn't seem to matter now," he wiped one of his tears. The boy tried to pick up the items at first, then he tried to just touch them. Failing both attempts he just sat and looked the items and at the pair of visitors.

[OOC: Can Jayden hear the boy or just Gramps?]

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Both can her the boy on this night. :)]

Jayden

Jayden smiled a rather morose smile and nodded in response to the boy.

"Can you tell us what happened to you, son?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The boy frowned. "Not exactly. I was walking in the woods when I fell down. I thought at first it had been my tripping over something, but I didn't trip. There was something on my back. Then a sharp pain on both sides of my neck, and hot liquid running out. There were weird sounds, sucking, and mewing, and almost like chanting. Then all was dark, till I found myself next to this tree.

"I stayed here because my Mommy told me to stay in one place when your lost. That way you can be found. But I can't touch anything so I am not lost, am I Mister?"

Jayden

"You're not lost as long as you have a friend who knows where you are," he said, his eyes smarting at what he'd heard.

"And I want to be your friend."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The boy looked up at Jayden. Then beyond at the grandfather spirit. "Your like me," he said in a statement.

Grandpa nodded.

"Why?"

"Because it happens boy."

The boy shook his head and looked back at Jayden. "What do I do now? Will you take me to my mommy?"

Jayden

"Not just yet," he said, "but we'll get you home later."

Jayden did not know exactly what to do at the moment.

"Did you see what... attacked you? And what is your name?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Billy

The boy spirit shakes his head "no I didn't see who it was. My name is Billy," he admitted. At least he wasn't crying as much, though there were still tracks of tears on his ghostly little face.

"Why do I feel pain still?" He touched his chest, not where the wounds that killed him happened which was either side of his neck.

Jayden

"Ah, Billy... my name is Jayden."

He frowned and cocked his head to one side.

"What kind of pain do you feel, Billy? Maybe it is loneliness."

Jayden glanced back toward the spirit of his grandfather.

"Is there anything we can do to ease the boy's pain?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Billy

"It is a constant pulling like someone is yanking on my heart." He tapped his chest again, basically center mass of his torso to be fair. It wasn't exactly where his heart would be located.

Grandpa

"I think that they are going to try and do that. I am not sure what is happening, but it isn't good. He is being, used."

Jayden

He nodded but didn't really understand... at least not completely.

"What direction does it pull you in, Billy? Is it always the same direction?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Billy

The little boy pointed up hill in roughly the direction the cats had headed.

Jayden

He nodded, a gloomy expression on his face. That was just what he had expected.

"A friend of mine," he said, surprising himself at the thought which had just occurred to him, "is headed in that direction. Maybe she can do something to help you."

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
AJ
AJ
Hertfordshire, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,436
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy