Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 11 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jayden

"I haven't had a good feeling about a single damned thing since I hooked up with that damn cat," he said, but there was no apparent rancor in his tone.

Jayden stopped the car in the clearing, turned off the engine and got out, opening in turn the back door for the cat.

"Far as the car can make it, Dizzy."

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy

"Not sure what I can do. Leaving him here on his own who knows what he will get up to. Easier in some ways to keep him in sight. Maybe we could find some small errands he could do?"

She replies to Shadow as they wait for the door to be opened and then she gets out and stretches nose to tail in an elongated stretch.

Last edited by Gypsy; Wed 19/04/17 16:06 UTC.
AJ Offline
Shadow

Passing from the vehicle in her shadow, he replied,

"Do you trust that spirit to kitten-sit it? If we take it with us, it will cripple what we are able to do. The First Rule is paramount, and if we face something powerful enough to need us to act in our own full strength, we would be dooming him whichever way it went. We go into danger, it will be doubly dangerous for us and lethal for it if it is with us."

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy

She is now more than a little frightened. Already she has lost Miss Amy from her life, she cannot lose another!

"I don't know. i will talk with it."

Out of the car now, she addresses her remarks to the spirit.

"We are going into danger and have concern for your welfare and more so for that of your charge. There may come a point where you must do as we ask, immediately and without question to preserve his life and your existence. Is this understood?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit said "I am not afraid of you putty tat. I am dead. I didn't go to heaven and I ain't gone to hell. So whatever it is you think you have to do, go for it. As far as the boy. I will do whatever I can to protect him. But he ain't got a clue, and that may or may not mean trouble.

"There is no way I can force him to do anything," the spirit waved his arm through the car. "But I will talk to him should you say to jump, maybe he will say how high." It shrugged.

To Jayden he says "now the danger is real. You got to listen to me, no matter what strange thing I tell you to do. You got that, boy?"

Jayden

Jayden looked back toward the car and the front seat where he visualized his grandfather sitting.

"I'll listen... that's all I can promise right now, but I'll always listen to you."

AJ Offline
Shadow

"Keep it here, Spirit. Keep it here and it can be safe. Keep it in this moving thing, have it wait for our return. If you would truly protect it, this is what must be done."

The shadow considered adding a threat of sharpening his claws on the incorporeal thing, but it deigned not to for the time being.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy

She listens to this power play argument, not entirely sure what she wants. She doesn't want to alienate Shadow or the other cats as belonging to this sort of group is a big plus for her. On the other hand, she is really worried that if her burden remains here (or anywhere else) she can't do anything to protect him and something could easily circle around behind them and attack him. And she can't lose him like she lost Miss Amy. She will not go back to that awful place he rescued her from. She owes him!

But what to do for the best? She has no idea!

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The trails were the only way out of the clearing. There were four of them, but if they wanted to continue up hill, that reduced it to two choices. As DC considered her options, and Shadow gave a stern look to the spirit, Jayden looked out at the world around him.

Jayden's eyes spotted something that possibly the cats might not. There is a dark spot on the hill several hundred yards away. It isn't that he was looking for it, it was more that he was looking at the green mass of trees, and that one void spot stood out. There was something up on the side of the mountain, and it was darker than the surrounding area.

Jayden

Jayden frowned and pointed at a spot about halfway up the mountain.

"Grandfather, can you see that dark spot? And can you tell what it is?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit said "that is a dark hole in the Earth. I can feel the darkness from here."

Jayden

He frowned and looked from the car to the dark spot and then in the direction the cat had gone. A thought occurred to him - from where he didn't know.

"Is that where Dizzy is headed?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit was silent for a bit. "I can't say, for sure. Even if it is, you shouldn't go there." The last sentence was said ever so softly.

Jayden

"Well, what should I do then, damnit!" he snapped.

"I'm tired of being left out of whatever all this weird s*** is."

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy

She doesn't follow the conversation but does notice that their attention is focused on a particular area.

"Right let's get going" she says to Shadow.

And heads off towards what she thinks must be disturbance.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit said to Dizzy. "I am not sure the boy will want to stay here. What task would you like him to do so that he feels useful? Leaving him just sitting will only add to the trouble you will face."

AJ Offline
Shadow

He tagged along, quite literally shadowing the other cat. He listened closely to her answer to the spirit.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy

"Any ideas Shadow? I can go invisible and leave him behind but he will likely blunder into something on his own."

She has paused for now, unsure of what to do.

AJ Offline
Shadow

The two dimensional feline pondered,

"Something that will keep it from blundering off. Is there anything it can do with its moving box thing here? Something that needs done and will take up its time and effort without needing to go anywhere else?"

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy

The only thing I can think of is that he might stay in the metal thing ready for a quick get away. I've noticed that it only rumbles when he is in it and never goes anywhere without rumbling..."

Her head goes on one side as she considers.

"..but it won't last forever. We would need to be quick. Unless you have a better idea?"

AJ Offline
Shadow

"Get the spirit to make something up to keep it busy and in place? It was a Burden once, it knows what makes them purr. Surely it can come up with something that will keep your burden alive and in position without blundering off into a harmful situation?"

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy

She looks at the spirit.

"Well you have our suggestions, any ideas of your own?"

They need to be going. Every second they waste could be allowing the enemy to get stronger. The spirit has one last response and then she is off.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit considered. "I got no idea. But I will try and come up with something." He admitted.

To Jayden he said "let us look around here. Maybe we can figure out something that will tell us what the hell is going on."

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy

She nods to Shadow, slips under the metal contraption and goes invisible.

Slinking out again, she whispers to Shadow.

"Let's go. I'll follow you."

AJ Offline
Shadow

The immaterial patch of darkness flowed out of the moving box, the image of whiskers twitching as it sought out the wrongness.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
nem
nem
GMT 0
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,433
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy