Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Neptune, Miales, Weez), 62 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
AJ Offline
Kriv

He committed the directions to memory, and to his journal: This alone had made everything worthwhile with regards to aiding the red wizard. A solid lead which might well take them to where Gundren Rockspeaker was held captive directly.

"Thank you, I believe that should be sufficient. All that remains is a matter of public safety on the one hand and your privacy on the other. To ensure you are not further disturbed by those who would take offence at your bodyguards, can you estimate how much longer your excavations here will continue, and advise as to the disposition of your bodyguards at the conclusion of such?"

It had been the presence of the undead that had served as a catalyst for their arrival, thus they would be most remiss if they could not, at the very least, provide a time frame for that particular matter to be resolved.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Finally they have a location for the castle. Now they can work out a plan to rescue Gundren. She is quite excited by the prospect.

Neptune Online Content OP
OP Online Content
Kost

"As a wise man once said to me, 'When the soup is ready, it will be soup'. I do not know how long it will take me but I hope not too long. I have no intentions of making this a permanent residence and now that the orc problem has been solved, the timeframe has been shortened."

With that, he ordered his zombies to return to their stations and bid his visitors farewell and followed his zombies back inside.

ooc: You have a number of options and should discuss where to go in-character. There were other missions and now you know where the castle is. One of the nice things about this adventure is that it's not a railroad.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

His ears perk up. Suddenly they are back on track, and Gundren's rescue another step closer.

Chandan turns to Davroar.

"If what he say is true, Cragmaw Castle maybe two day journey on foot. Longer if we return to Phandelin first. What do you think Davroar?"

Once Kriv is amongst their huddle, the old monk is quick to congratulate him on another successful parley.

"Well done Kriv Norixius!"

AJ Offline
Kriv

He acknowledged the praise with a slight nod, but pressed on swiftly to the business at hand.

"We are beholden to several people in Phandelin, and above all else to Gundren. I'd say to Phandelin, make what additional preparations we feel we may need to storm the castle, then to Cragmaw."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He remained quiet with nothing to add during the conversation with the wizard, but now that they know where Cragmaw Castle is he replies, "I don't know, Chandan. Makes sense to restock and see if there's any news at Phandelin, but spending that extra time, could mean Gundren's life."

Dwarves are known for their hardiness, but Davroar worries just how long Gundren has being a captive and possibly tortured.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Phandelin first, I would agree. Those healing potions alone could make the difference between success and failure. I think we all agree that Gundren is a priority but we should not underestimate what we are up against. It is important that we succeed."

She adds her opinion as she recalls Whisper ready to make tracks.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He nods to Kallista, sensing she'll likely concur with the others.

Chandan places a lot of faith in his companion's abilities. They are more versed in these kind of adventures than he. He is just a monk.

So wisdom tells him he should agree, and he does.

"Ah so, Phandelin we go!!" He says enthusiastically.

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 20/10/16 18:04 UTC. Reason: fixed pc name
OP Online Content
DM

The march back to Phandelin will take nearly 3 full days and the group decides to get going immediately. They have become aware that the Triboar Trail is a dangerous route and are alert for dangers along the way.

As they march along, they discuss the night watch and conclude that they can all sleep as long as Jaliera lets whisper rest during the day while they walk. The owl can see perfectly well at night and now understands that task, which she takes very seriously.

It is well past dark and Selune has hidden behind clouds and is low in the sky when Whisper wakes Jaliera. It's dark and the young rogue understands that there's imminent danger.

OOC: No surprise either way. You can't see unless you can see in the dark. Please roll for initiative.

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn slept soundly, his conscience untroubled.

Kriv Initiative
AJ rolled 1d20+1 and got 3

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

Kallista is also sleeping, depending on Jaliera and Whisper to watch over them.

Kallista Initiative
Zeim rolled d20+2 and got 19

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He has a fitful sleep, struggling within a nightmare of images of the wizards undead and the echo of the banshee's wail in the distance.

Davroar Initiative
Dugan rolled 1d20 and got 3

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She can only see in the dark when looking through Whisper's eyes and now is not that time.

"Wake Davroar" She sends her instruction to Whisper thinking that Davroar is likely to react best to being woken by Whisper. She draws her sword and bends to shake Kallista awake.

"Trouble" she hisses, then heads for Kriv.

Jaliera Initiative
Gypsy rolled 1d20+3 and got 22

Last edited by Gypsy; Wed 26/10/16 10:47 UTC.
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Init 12]

Chandan

Now that they're bound for Phandelin, the old monk happily quaffs the rest of his cider and by the time Jaliera's owl raises the alarm, he is snoring softly, deep asleep with a smile on his face.

Last edited by nemarsde; Tue 25/10/16 17:59 UTC.
OP Online Content
DM

Whisper does a terrific job of alerting Jaliera of the impending assault in time to give the party a chance to wake up and be ready for the ambush. She wakes Kalista first and then the men.

It is dark and only those with darkvision can see, but those that can see in the dark see a number of hobgoblins pointing arrows at the party.

Hobgoblins initiative
Neptune rolled 1d20+1 and got 17

Order:
Jaliera 22
Kallista 19
Hobgoblins 17
Chandan 12
Davroar 3
Kriv 3

Jaliera and Kallista go first, then the hobgoblins. Waking the party was already factored in. You may act accordingly.

As last time, we have the roll20 site. If everyone is available on Saturday morning 8am Eastern, we could do the combat live, there. If not, no biggie, we can just move tokens on Roll 20. Here's the link. You're already in the game.

Roll 20 combat map

Attached Images
hobgob1.gif (167.92 KB, 120 downloads)
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

With Whisper on her shoulder she can see in the dark.

"Hobgoblins."

She hisses to her companions, whilst taking her bow and notching an arrow to target the one she can see that is almost due west of her. [Assuming up is north]

Jaliera Arrow
Gypsy rolled 1d20+5,1d6+3 and got 10, 8

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista (Nep-clicking on the Roll20 link takes me to the previous combat map?)

Rising to her feet she can see the groups of Hobgoblins approaching in the darkness. Seeing the others rising, and that Kriv, their warrior, is closest to the group coming from the north, she faces the group coming from the west and speaks a few magical syllables, pointing into their midst.

Kallista Cast Sleep on the three Hobgoblins to the west
Zeim rolled 5d8 and got 27

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 27/10/16 13:24 UTC.
OP Online Content
DM

The battle ensues and is swift. With a few well placed spells, a few arrows, some swift blades and an old man's heels, the bodies of a half dozen hobgoblins lay broken on the ground.

OOC: Moving it very fast forward to allow for a clean transition.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[That was all me!!]

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[No, it was me! grin ]

OP Online Content
[We all know that Chandan's the heel.]

AJ Offline
[I still hold out hope for a face turn.]

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[I did consider reinventing Chandan as a sorceror, but having a high Charisma would've broken the suspension of disbelief. lol ]

OP Online Content
DM

The bodies of the dead Hobgoblins are lying at your feet. Nobody has moved.

AJ Offline
Kriv

"We will see to them in the morning, when we can see them. I suggest we return to rest and continue as planned."

Fumbling slightly in the darkness, the Dragonborn headed back to his bedroll.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,841
Posts140,728
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy