Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Pit Friend), 30 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
We're staying in San Fran for 4 days and will do pretty much everything. Dinner in Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, the marina, downtown, Haight-Ashbury, Mission district, Union Square, Pacific Heights, Lombard (crooked street) street, Golden Gate bridge. We were lucky (if that's the word) that the Folsom Street Fair was going on (ummmm, not an R-rated link but definitely demure compared to what we saw!). We spent the day yesterday doing a winery tour of
Napa Valley <burp>. Today we go to Alcatraz and chill.

Tomorrow we begin a road trip. Yosemite, Death Valley, Las Vegas (what happens there stays there), Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam. We end up in Sedona and will visit Phoenix.

nem Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Well, that makes my trip seem pretty dull in comparison. I've mostly just worked alas! I did get to see The Magnificent Seven on RPX (suped up IMAX) and whilst the AV was impressive, the film was a bit of a non-event. Not a patch on the original.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
After defeating the random ogre, you are able to rest up and start a new day. You continue on, back to the Red Wizard and after a few hours of safe travel you see the crumbling ruins of the old watchtower that Kost has made a base of operations. Nobody is visible outside the familiar colorful tent that he set up in the middle of the small, open courtyard that is outlined by mounds of stone which used to be an outside wall.

OOC: I'm back home again. Let's play! Neil, are you back?

nem Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Yes, I think so. Feels like 50% of my consciousness was left 5000 miles away, mind you.]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
That makes you 75% more conscious than me wink

nem Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He wasn't the one who had spoken to the Red Wizard and made the agreement. That was Kriv, their colourfully reptilian negotiator.

So Chandan stays back, and as he had done before, he scouts around the perimeter of the ruins, alert for any sign of mischief.

Maybe there is a third member of the ogre family that they've fallen afoul of? Maybe Kost's zombie minions are in position to ambush them? Maybe neither, maybe they will simply talk and complete their business....

AJ Offline
Kriv

Mindful of the circumstances of their initial meeting, the Dragonborn approached with caution, keeping an eye out for the red Wizard's servants as well as the man himself.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He will accompany Chandan searching around the perimeter, while also looking to see if there is any sign that the druid might have gotten his message and left one of his own.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She waits on he perimeter with her bow at the ready and Whisper flying overwatch as usual. She suspects the wizard is around excavating somewhere.. but one should always be on guard. She has learned that the hard way on this expedition.

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She doesn't like the Red Wizard. Actually anyone who willingly associates with undead is not someone she likes. However he did agree to tell them what they came for, so as long as he isn't hostile she'll simply wait and keep watch as Kriv goes to speak with him.

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 07/10/16 14:21 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

As Kriv approaches the tower the zombies, as before, began to shamble out of it. The dragonborn recalls that Kost emerged after he was alerted, by noise, that there were people approaching.

AJ Offline
Kriv

He raised his voice, but kept the tone polite, decrying,

"This is Kriv Norixius seeking audience with Kost, pertaining to our bargain made some days prior for our mutual gain."

He kept an eye on the Zombies: There was reason enough to be leery of potential treachery should civility fail.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Kost

As if on queue, the Red Wizard pokes his head out and when he sees you, he halts the small army of zombies and marches out, adjusting the belt on his flowing red robes as he approaches.

"Welcome back. Seeing that you are alive and all here I take it that you were able to convince Agatha to provide you with information?"

AJ Offline
Kriv

He inclined his draconic head towards the Red Wizard respectfully, and held up a slip carefully removed from his journal and folded over, the answer Agatha had given to Kost's question.

"We were successful, yes. As an aside, the Orcs that were nearby will no longer pose a hindrance to either of our interests. I have here inscribed the name of the wizard that built this tower as relayed by the Banshee, ready to exchange with the information we agreed upon."

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She approves of Kriv not just giving up the information.. but wonders who will trust who first.

nem Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He had been frozen, about to leap to the defence of Kriv as the zombies approach.

But the Red Wizard emerges and talks resume.

Chandan nods and continues his scouting of the ruins. He freezes again suddenly, noticing the hefty rock he saw on their last visit.

Crouching down he licks it, then ponders to himself, before nodding and saying, "Definitely stone."

He moves on....

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Kost

"Excellent! That is excellent news! Yes, yes, let's exchange information. It was an exchange of information that we agreed to - and a cleansing of the bothersome orcs. To be fair, you've traveled a long way to get me my answer and have returned. That's a show of good faith. So I'll answer a question for you first, in exchange for that note. I have a sense that you are somewhat honorable folks and will answer you other questions, as best I can, after," he says.

And after a short pause he adds, "But I don't know everything."

nem Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He makes his way back to where his companions stand apart from Kriv and the Red Wizard.

Chandan plants his spear and leans on it, watching the proceedings with a serene look.

"He pretty good at this talking stuff." The monk remarks, presumably about the Dragonborn.

AJ Offline
Kriv Norixius

A magnanimous gesture, and worth the potential risk. He inclined his head in acceptance, and asked,

"Reasonable, I agree to this sequence. So, our first question is this: What, precisely and fully, is your purpose and objective at this location?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Kost

He was taken aback by the question. It landed on him as accusatory but he sighed and provided as clear and full an answer as he is willing to provide.

"There is much arcane knowledge that has been lost over the ages. I am here to glean what I can about that lore that was left behind by its builders. Much knowledge can be gained in that manner. That is why it is important for me to know the name of the wizard that built it."

He pauses for a moment and says, "Now the note please. I will continue to answer your questions - all in good faith, but after I have that information."

AJ Offline
Kriv

He handed over the slip without further hesitation. Whilst he would have hoped for a clearer or more thorough answer, he had agreed and his word was his absolute bond.

He waited for the Red Wizard to read it before going on, both out of politeness and in order to be alert to any potential double cross.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Kost

"Thank you. This will help me. It is really appreciated. What other questions do you have? I'll be more than happy to answer."

Clearly the man was being agreeable. He had what he wanted and was committed to being true to his word.

AJ Offline
Kriv

It would seem they had that much in common, at least. He pressed on, starting with their ultimate objectives.

"Let's start with some that may be either helpful or swiftly dismissed. Are you familiar with the Wave Echo Cave, or with Cragmaw Keep? Have you heard of an individual referring to themselves as the Black Spider?"

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Hers and Whispers attention is mostly directed outwards but she does listen to the conversation closely. Maybe they really will learn something useful?

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Kost

"Cragmaw keep? Do you mean Cragmaw Castle? Yes. I can help you with that. It's not far, a couple of days away, at most. You would follow the Triboar Trail west. When you see the southern tip of the Neverwinter Woods, turn north. It's in the southern tip of the woods."

He tucks his right hand under his left shoulder and rubs his chin between forefinger and thumb as he glances skyward and mutters, "black spider, where did I hear that name before?". After a few seconds he looks Kriv in the eyes and says, "I've heard of the Black Spider. I think it was from some Hobgoblins that claimed he was their boss, like that would scare me! He must be some kind of boss man that has these dumb humanoids all runningscared. I don't know much else. I've never heard of the cave you mentioned."

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,825
Posts140,429
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy