Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Miales, Argus), 19 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Jayden

Following Dizzy down the stairs, he glanced around and caught a glimpse of what he could only believe as his grandfather's spirit following him.

"So... Gramps, what's up next?"

Jayden shook his head even before he received an answer, still amazed that he was believing any of the bizarre crap which was happening to him. He glanced ahead to Dizzy's semaphore like waving of her tail as she pranced down the steps.

"It all started when I found you," he grumbled.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy/Tiger-Lily

In a dignified fashion, she makes her way down the stairs, occasionally stopping to see if everyone is following: spirit, Shadow and burden. What a strange group they are. But maybe that is not so accidental? She ponders this thought as they progress. Maybe they all need each other?

She doesn't voice this as Shadow doesn't like this sort of thinking.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The hospital seemed to be calming to Jayden's eyes. The emergency crews were not reacting to the flood of calls that they had earlier. Though they were still working. The little building was certainly full of many people who were suffering.

The cat at his feet was overlooked by most of the nurses. An occasional look showed that some noticed, but chose not to say anything.

The old spirit shrugged his twisted frame. "Got me I ain't in charge," he said almost happily.

Jayden

"So who is in charge? The cats?" Jayden asked incredulously and then grimaced.

"How the hell can cats run the show?"

AJ Offline
Shadow

Very softly, he murred to Tiger,

"I am getting concerned about the noises your burden is making, the emotions it radiates. I fear it may be getting close to breaking."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy/Tiger-Lily

"He has probably been away from his plastic box for too long. He spends many hours of the day watching it and exercising his fingers. He will be fine when we get him home."

She is pleased that she understands her burden so well. It does make life easier.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The old spirit shrugged. "I ain't in charge boy. What do you want from me? As it stands I am the only reason you even know about this, which isn't a good thing, mind you. They could shred me and I would never find my wife!"

The hospital seemed better soon the ensemble had made it back to the parking lot and Jayden's car, if that is where they are headed.

Jayden

"Well, I'd have to say this is the damnedest bedtime story you ever told me, Gramps, and I don't believe it much more than I did those you told me when I was ten."

Making his way back to the car, he paused before opening the door to make sure his feline troop was with him.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy/Tiger-Lily

As the door is opened for her, she jumps straight onto the front seat and settles down in a position where she can gain purchase for her claws if she has to hang on. She meows to Shadow.

"Come on. It will be quicker this way."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Gramps

"Don't believe. DON'T BELIEVE! What kind of a nincompoop are you? I thought you had more sense than that. What do you think this is? Some kind of a fevered dream? You going to wake up on your couch and write this as your first best seller?" He gave a huff that sounded like it came from a real body, and even a sheet near by shifted, as they walked.

AJ Offline
Shadow

He slinked into the darkness of the footwell in front of the passenger seat, not replying in such close proximity to the Burden. The enclosed space made him wary, speed or no, but he could not leave the young one and her Burden by themselves given his concerns.

Jayden

"I have to admit it is rather... convincing, Gramps," he said reluctantly as he fastened his seat belt and started the car.

"Maybe it's just I don't want to believe."

As he exited the parking lot and turned toward his house, Jayden reached over and lightly scratched behind Dizzy's ears.

"It's been a helluva day, girl."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Gramps

Very softly the spirit said "I get that my boy. I get that."

When the little car pulled into the parking lot near the burden's domicile, it seemed like he just left it. If it were for the nagging spirit he could just see out of the corner of his eye. Jayden might be able to think it never happened.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy/Tiger-Lily

She is silent in the metal contraption, just listens to the spirit talking with her burden.

Then they are home. She waits for her door to be opened.

Jayden

"I'm hungry," he suddenly realized as he parked the car and exited the vehicle.

"C'mon Dizzy, Gramps... and whatever your name is," he said and headed for the door to his modest home.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy/Tiger-Lily

She meows softly to Shadow as they exit the metal thing.

"Let's get some food and then slip away. We will need our strength and it will be easier for you to eat here as your burden is not around just now. And I need to check my wards before we go."

She sets off, tail high, following Jayden along the path.

AJ Offline
Shadow

Still staying in the shadows, he replied,

"I have other burdens and will need to check on them. Seek me out, or help from the others, should your burden... unravel."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Shadow moves off and returns to his territory.

[OOC: Anything in particular he wants to do? Or?]

=========================
In the little domicile Jayden is able to grab some food, and to feed his new kitty.

For once the spirit of his grandfather remained quiet and unobtrusive.

AJ Offline
(Check up on his other Burdens.)

Jayden

Jayden prepared two small bowls of cat chow and, looking around, frowned to find that the other cat had... well, disappeared. He shrugged.

"Oh well, hell," he said, poured one of the bowls of cat food back into the bag and replaced it with a little milk.

"Here you go, Dizzy," he called in a voice he normally would never use - one of those herekittykitty voices he usually avoided.

"Wish you could make me some oyster stew, Gramps," he said nostalgically. "Haven't had any really good oyster stew since that last batch you made."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy/Tiger-Lily

She rubs her head on his hand as he places the bowls and then settles in to eat. She needs to keep her strength up for what lies ahead.

It seems that her burden is still talking with the spirit which is good, though she worries about Shadow's warnings about unravelling. She is not quite sure what that means, nor if she could recognise it if it happened. She pauses for a moment, looks at Jayden, deciding. Nope, same as usual. She goes back to eating.

Jaydem

After looking around to see if he could spot his spirit-grandfather, Jayden went into the other room and turned on his computer to check his emails and his news feed.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Jayden can just catch the grandfather spirit out of the corner of his eye. It was much like in the hospital, though it was brighter in this room, and thus made the spirit a little harder to spot.

Grampa spirit answered had not commented on the oyster stew till now "I wish I could cook again. I miss eating," he said forlornly.

===============
DC has a good snack, which of course fills her tummy.

========================
Shadow begins to make his rounds. Soon he realizes that most of the other burdens are home and seemingly safe. His territory seems undisturbed though there is a taste on the air that makes his hair stand up, and his tail want to twitch.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Dizzy/Tiger-Lily

**Much better** she thinks, lifting her head not she feels contentedly fed. She sees her burden in the other room getting reacquainted with his box which she knows will have a beneficial effect on him.

Now she has to decide what to do. Does she go and find Shadow so that they can go to the woods? Does she stay and protect her burden?

First though she must go and check her wards, renewing any that are needed. That protection must be in place whatever she decides. She stands by the door and meows loudly, enforcing it with a scratching at the door. Surely he can understand that?

Jayden

Jayden glanced toward the spirit form and found he could see his grandfather's form more clearly in his peripheral vision rather than by gazing directly toward the specter.

"I bet you do," he said slowly, sadly.

"You did always love to eat."

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Neptune
Neptune
New City,NY,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,465
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy