Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phoenix Prime), 13 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#835822 Tue 12/01/16 02:38 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The news had been a buzz with the discovery of the boy's body. Jayden had to take his phone off the hook to keep it from ringing nonstop. Everyone wanted an interview.

The police took it pretty well. They gave him the fish eye for a bit, sweating him in an interrogation room. But the complete lack of evidence coupled with his willingness to allow them to search his car and place of residence, left them with one conclusion. He was innocent.

The cat he had rescued had been returned to her grateful owner. The old lady clearly had no money, but wanted to reward him somehow. So for a week he had more food than he knew what to do with being delivered by the old lady's nephew, Joseph.

Things had been so weird ever since the message he had heard in the clinic. He had odd thoughts cross hus mind. Things he wouldn't normally think. Like hiw warm the sunbeam he was laying in, even though he hadn't been in one, DC had been.

The revolver was never far from him, and gave him a feeling of safety.

Tonight was just too much. He was sure that he was hearing the voice of his long dead grandfather. The one who owned the pistol he clung to for comfort.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Tue 12/01/16 05:32 UTC.
Jayden

A gun and a cat. Jayden had never thought two such disparate things could so quickly come to mean so much to him.

He hated guns... and he thought he hated cats.

Jayden was beginning to think he didn't have any idea what was going on with him. And now he kept thinking about his grandfather and the old man had died when Jayden was in his teens. He hadn't thought about him in... well, in a long time.

Maybe it was the gun... but why the gun? Hell, why the cat?

His mind was running in circles.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She is worried.

It doesn't take an expert is all matters of dark spirits to know 'something' is coming; she can feel it in the air. And Jezzabella had warned them. And somehow she has to protect her burden. And Jezzabella is still out of commission. She has visited the older cat's home a couple of times adding wards, about all she can do as practical assistance. She had done the same to her new home. But as the tension builds she feels much less inclined to leave Jayden alone.

Though he is not alone really as that DS (Damned Spirit) is always hanging around.

She has been trying to communicate more with it, especially when her burden is asleep but there are limits to how much conversation one can have in her burden's presence.

She feels inadequate. Her lack of experience concerns her. She needs to touch base with some of the others but doesn't want to spend time away. So she has spent most of her time next to the front window hoping to see one of them.

She looks at the spirit again. And then at Jayden sitting before the box that hums and flashes occasionally. And then back at the spirit. Certainly in all her observations the spirit does seem to want to help her burden. And she is sure they communicate.

Could she communicate with her burden through the spirit?

Should she communicate with her burden through the spirit?

Two very different questions.

She stretches, one of those stretches that goes from the tips of her front paws all the way through her lean body to the tip of her tail. Then she sits up, starting to wash her face. This always seems to calm her burden and she feels he needs that reassurance.

She eyes the spirit. Should she?

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit seemed to be ignoring them both, but it continued to hang around.

From the front window Tiger spotted the approaching burden before the tell tale knock came. It was a strong firm knock, that of a man of authority.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[Is Jayden opening the door? wink ]

Jayden

Jayden opened the door...

[OOC: Got distracted somehow... sorry.]

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
It was Sheriff Baker the cop who had sweated him for a few hours after the discovery of the boy's body. His paunch over hung his Sam Browne leather belt, his right had returning to its place near his holster with the Smith and Wesson 9mm service automatic rested.

His right hand went up to run through the few strands of thinning hair that pretended to cover his balding pate. His brown eyes shown with stress.

When the door opened he said "Morning sir. I came by to ask you a couple more questions if you have a minute?"

Jayden

Jayden closed his eyes briefly and took a deep breath before reopening his eyes and holding the door wide.

"Come on in, Sheriff. Could I get you something to drink? Water, coffee?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She had been watching the spirit, wondering if this was an opportunity to try to communicate with it whilst Jayden is out of the room. However she can hear sounds of him returning with another.

She settles down again. The moment will come.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit seems interested in what is going on with Jayden. It interposes itself between the two burdens.

"Coffee would be great," the man admits. He nods and enters.

"Just to clear this up, I am not here to question you again with regard to Louis." The boy's name was still odd. For a while the law man had called him boy rather than give him a name. He was obviously trying to trip Jayden up. Yet that didn't work.

He accepted the coffee and sipped it black. "You make excellent coffee," he said slightly guilty.

"The question I have for you with regard to your trips to the woods. Did you see anyone else out there? Even a glimpse? If so where?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She is on her usual window ledge, looking like she is dozing but with one slitted eye on the man and the spirit.

Jayden

He shrugged and sipped from his own cup.

"The machine deserves all the credit," he said, pointing toward the Keurig on the counter.

"Anyone else?" Jayden thought for a moment.

"Couple of policeman. I only went out there twice. Seems like I saw what may have been a searcher or two, but only at a distance."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit seemed to be trying to keep them apart, but as an insubstantial creature, it wasn't having success.

The man of the law nodded "I figured as much. I was just hoping for a break, some kind of a lead. It is hard to show up to work with no real idea of what to say to the people who are hurting." It was probably the most human he had seemed since they had met, but...

Jayden

He nodded and took another sip of coffee, his hands and mouth working automatically and without conscious volition.

"I've never had a kid... but I can sort of imagine your predicament."

"Wish I could help you."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She doesn't understand what is being said but can detect some sort of undertone. And the spirit seems concerned.. that worries her. Maybe she needs to do more?

She stands and does one of those mexican wave stretches that moves from one end of her body to the other. Then she jumps down, pausing to wash just one paw.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
"So do i. But that isn't the only reason I came by. I wanted to let you know that while we aren't any closer to answers. We have determined that you don't fit the profile for our killer. I just wanted to come past, shake your hand, and say I am sorry." He stuck out his hand.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She doesn't know what is happening but her hackles are rising. The spirit's behaviour seems to indicate that this other burden is some kind of threat. Suddenly she really doesn't want her burden to touch him.

She bounds over and bites the policeman's leg, backing off straight away, ready to flee.. or maybe attack again..

Jayden

"Not your fault, Sheriff. You were just doing your..."

But then he stopped in mid-sentence and in mid-reach to grasp the man's hand.

"Dizzy! What's wrong with you?" He called out as the little cat bit and fled.

"Sorry, Sheriff. You think she thought you might be some sort of threat to me?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
He gave a loud ow as the cat reacted. His foot had come back but not to kick, more to get away from the enraged animal. He rubbed his leg and said "well I suppose I could have appeared that way."

The moment over he stood and said "I better be going." He looked for a place to set down his now empty cup.

Jayden

"Here, I'll take it."

Jayden smiled apologetically.

"Thanks, Sheriff. Let me know if I can help with anything."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The man nodded his thanks and exited. From the stairs he gave a wave. Then he was gone.

The spirit spoke to the cat "I had it in hand." It almost snorted in annoyance.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

"Perhaps if you communicated more, we could work together!"

She too is annoyed but holds her cool, cats always do what they mean to do.

"Maybe if I could tell you something, you could tell him?"

Jayden

Jayden waved goodbye to the departing sheriff and then turned to face the young feline, waggling a finger at her as he remonstrated.

"What brought that kind of behavior on, Dizzy?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit seemed to consider the cat's proposal. "I think my descendant will not listen. He seems rather thick headed. Gets it from his mother I am sure. But we may try. What do you want to tell him? How much of an imbecile he is?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

Looking at his behaviour, not at all pleased even though she had saved him - though from what she isn't sure, she is inclined to answer the spirit's last question very negatively!

But she considers as she moves slowly to her burden and rubs around his legs, an action that burdens seem to find reassuring for some reason. Then she responds.

"Then we will need to train him.. but nothing right now."

She seems to have gained the spirit's cooperaton which could prove useful in the future. She muses about how she might use it and how she might train her burden to listen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
AJ
AJ
Hertfordshire, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,436
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy