Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Miales, Gypsy, Art in the Blood), 14 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Seyja

Seyja followed Weston's example, lifting her greataxe in salute to their fallen comrade.

"Heilbutt's Hallow," she murmured, then nodded and smiled bitterly.

"I think he would have liked that."

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Tindarien

He nods as Nestaron comments on their companions, then helps carry Heilbutt to the water's edge.

He watches as the raft sails gently away.

"Well named Nestaron, I like it. Maybe we could carve a plaque here for him once all this is done."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
D

He gave his own silent salute to the fallen half-orc. Almost under his breath he said "may we meet again, and fight side by side as well." He knew this go around was by no means the last, and he also hoped that it would be better for him that it had gone for the dark elf.

"Good name," he agreed to Heilbutt's Hallow.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zoltan

He nods in agreement at the naming of the place and watches respectfully as Heilbutt's raft drifts downstream.

When Seyja returns the vial to Jex he notes, "Based on this fight, it might be best for Tindarien to carry that", he indicates the healing potion.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Tindarien

"Thank you for the thought Zoltan but you should know I already carry one. Perhaps someone else may also benefit. It is good if these things are spread around. Maybe D as he heads off on his own into danger?"

He smiles at the dark elf.

Jex

"Maybe I'll just hold onto it," he says as he tends to his own wounds. Jex has lost a lot of blood and is looking pale.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
D

"I am open to carrying it, or someone else with more need. I intend to fight the next battle differently. To be fair I remember operating on my own, or in wildly different circumstances. I must learn to use this body in the way it was crafted."

[OOC: So sure, unless Jex wants it, as noted. Remember Jex is now healed, as we all are, or will be soon as we are talking during the rest.]

nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Sergeant Almador

"I hope you're right, son." He said grimly. To him, the Dragon Empire was solid rock edifice, the fortress of civilisation and bastion of life. Almador dreaded to think what would happen if it were overthrown.

The Empire was comprised of many kings, princelings, satraps and other lords, and they were fractious, but they all kowtowed to the Emperor's might.

Likewise, there were other great powers abroad in the Empire, powers that had threatened the Empire before. The Lich King, the Diabolist, even the Archmage could contend with the power of the Emperor.

There were demons and hellholes, that spread like wildfire, yet were contained by the zeal of the Crusader and the Great Gold Wyrm.

But who stood against the Orc Lord? Who lurked outside the borders of the Empire, building an army, well trained, well equipped, bred for war. It was said that the elves created orcs to fight against the Wizard King of old. The word orc meant "to kill" in Elvish.

Sergeant Almador chewed his lip, shrugging off his pack.

"I can only say thank you, to all of you, for this undertaking. I hope to prove worthy of it. Of Heilbutt, and the rest of you." He said to the party.

"This helm is accursed to my family, but perhaps one of you can use it? Let it earn its way back to the Titan's Elbow?"

He unwrapped the haunted helm.

Jex

"I'll hold on to it then. We'll use it when we need to on whomever needs it."

He takes the vial and stores it away. When he sees Sergeant Almador start to unwrap the helm he tries to stop him. "Might I suggest that you put that away. Forget that you even have it. I think the fear or what it is might we be worse than the item itself. If it is out of your sight your won't be fretting about it."

M
M
<Weston>

He looked to Jex and then to Almador and nodded. "I think Jex has that right sergeant. I do not believe that ... =thing= can help, only hinder our efforts.

MikeD
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Sergeant Almador

"As you will." He said, feeling a little embarrassed and quickly rewrapping the helm of Gorulon Gorehound.

He had hoped he'd had a good idea, but the man-at-arms was yet to prove his worth, from his point of view at least.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Tindarien

"Do we want to take a rest and a break for food - or is everyone ready to continue? I would feel better away from this place personally but I'm not sure if everyone is ready to move?"

At some point they will need to set camp and that might be better outside so they can rest before finding their way into the Elbow. However there is daylight remaining and they should make use of it.

M
M
<Weston>

"I would rather be away from this place as well", he said agreeing with Tindarien.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zoltan

He nods agreement, but glances back to Segeant Almador. He had looked at the man consideringly when he offered the Helm. As he recalls the only thing that occurred when they had touched the Helm earlier was the Specter delivering a message and warning. No harm had befallen anyone. He plans to talk to the man at length once they stop for a longer break.

nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Recruiting for this player character. Send PM for details]

Nestaron

He couldn't argue with the sentiment, and turning to look up at the Titan's Elbow, its relentlessly wooded foothills and slopes, he didn't think they had time to dawdle anyway.

Their next stop should probably be to camp for the night.

Nestaron stamped the butt of his quarterstaff on the rock, making up his own mind.

"Yes. Let's be away. Onwards and it would seem, upwards."

nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
GM

Forming up in a single file, you left the river. The day was wearing on, and you wanted to be encamped at the foot of the Titan's Elbow before nightfall. This would give you some time to scout out the terrain.

Behind you, Heilbutt's Hallow was quiet, the enemy dead littering its marvellous cascades.

[Go to HHE8: Renn and Caeric]

Last edited by nemarsde; Thu 07/01/16 20:21 UTC.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  nem 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Wren
Wren
Pennsylvania
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,473
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy