Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Weez, AquaDyne), 44 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The nurse gave him a look that was a cross between sympathy and sorrow. Death was never easy, a child made it much worse. She indicated a gurney for him to lay the boy down.

She did say "we will need more information in the softest voice she could.

Jayden

He nodded, his throat tight, and glanced back at the car where Dizzy seemed to be prancing about nervously.

"I know you will," he said to the nurse. Jayden grimaced and continued.

"The police probably will, too."

He gave her his address and cell phone number.

"Right now, though, I need to find a veterinarian. Do you know of one in town?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The nurse was completely surprised by his question. She looked at him for a moment before saying "could you repeat that please?" At least she hadn't made some flippant comment.

Once repeated she said "well there is Doc Abrams, down the street. He is kind of a mixed bag doc. I know he does a lot of big animal stuff, but he also handles your domestics. Did a search and rescue dog get hurt out there or something? I don't mean to be..." her voice trailed off. "I mean I feel like I am prying, when really I just want to know what the heck happened."

Jayden

"No, uh... it's a cat," he said gesturing slightly toward the door and his car outside.

He started to say a friend of my cat, but left it unsaid as he realized how it might sound. Jayden gave the nurse a brief smile and headed for the door.

"If you need me, I'll be at Doc Abrams' place," he said and walked outside.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She is standing on her hind legs, paws against the window watching for him. Surely he has his priorities mixed up? The small burden is dead, Jezzabella their leader needs help now!

Ah! Here he comes.

She meows at him to hurry.

Jayden

Having gotten a more accurate address for the veterinarian, Jayden walked with a brisk pace back to the car, got in and drove about six blocks down the street and then stopped when he saw the small white sign he'd been told to look for.

"Okay, Dizzy, let's see what we can do about your friend," he said as he carefully picked up the comatose cat and carried her to the door where he rang the doorbell.

"I hope the vet's here."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

As her burden is lifting Jezzabella out of the car, she jumps over the seat and out of the door. She is not sure what exactly her burden has in mind but she is not about to desert their leader.

She sniffs.

The scent brings back some memories for her, not particularly pleasant one but she thinks this might be the right place. She pads her way softly to the door and sits beside her burden.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The door is unlocked and allows them entry. Inside it smells more like the unnatural place it is. Yet behind the desk is a teenage girl in a white coat. She looks up and offers him a small smile. Standing she leads him to a room where an examination table waits. "Set your animal here and let's get some paperwork started. You can tell me what happened. The doctor will be here in a moment."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She doesn't like this place. The smells sting her eyes and make her nose twitch. But she is not leaving Jezzabella! She stays very close to her burden, a bit like a dog at heel, though she would not see or acknowledge that analogy.

Jayden

Jayden nodded and followed the young girl's directions, placing the older, comatose cat on the examining table. Glancing down, he noticed his cat crowding his ankles and glancing frequently upwards at him.

"We'll see your friend's taken care of, Dizzy," he murmured and then turned to the girl.

"This cat is..." he grimaced, suddenly realizing how this might sound, but then he shrugged. Couldn't be helped.

"The older cat here is a friend of my cat," he said, gesturing at the two felines respectively as he spoke.

"I don't know what's wrong with it."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The young woman nodded. "Found her like this? Near something she might have ingested?"

AJ Offline
Shadow

Having had a brief while to consider matters, the wiry ginger tom decided that now would be a good time to seek out Sable.

Jayden

"In the woods," he said and stopped himself before adding anything that would overly complicate the situation. He'd have enough trouble explaining everything to the police when they caught up with him.

Jayden went on to explain in general where he'd found the older, unconscious cat.

"I didn't notice anything nearby that she might have eaten."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

She stays close to her burden, alternating her attention between the other burden(s) present, Jezzabella and her burden's new spirit. She stays quiet though, not wanting to draw attention to herself.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The young woman nodded. "Ok. Be right back with the doctor and forms." She left him and the two cats alone in the room.

[OOC New thread for the visit to Sable.]

Jayden

Not sure what to do and, in fact, not sure why he'd done what he'd already done, Jayden looked around the room and then down to the small feline at his feet.

He squatted and stroked Dizzy's head and behind his ears.

"I wish I knew what the hell was going on, Dizzy."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She accepts the petting with good grace, actually finding it reassuring, not that she would admit that. And besides, her burden does seem to be doing the right thing and responding well to training.. but it would be so much easier if he could understand her.

She looks to his side and meows to the spirit.

"Can you communicate with him? Does he know you are here?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit answered "he feels comfort that I am near. That is enough," after a moment it finished with "for now."

The trio waited. Jayden thought an odd thought, or was it his? "Death is coming, human. You must save the little ones."

Jayden

Death is coming?

Where the hell did that come from? Jayden jerked upright, blinking several times and glancing around.

Something was very wrong.

Save the little ones?

Little ones? Cats?

Jayden felt shaky, uncertain, and he moved a few feet across the room and sat on a padded stool on casters. He shuddered slightly and held his arms crossed over his chest, feeling a sudden chill.

"Am I'm losing my f****** mind?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

Sensitive, she knows the atmosphere has changed and it comes from her burden.. but she doesn't know why. One minute he is stroking her, now he seems almost scared.

She looks up at the spirit suspiciously.

"Was that you?" she meows.

Then she heads over to her burden and curls up at his feet, her head rubbing on his shoe, bringing him comfort.

Jayden

Feeling the insistent, but gentle motion against his feet, Jayden reached down and carefully lifted the little cat into his left arm, with her rear against his elbow and her head extended toward his left palm. He lightly rubbed behind her ears.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

Whoa! Suddenly her equilibrium is lost as she rises into the air and she freezes, hoping nothing awful is going to happen. But her burden settles her down into a warm and comfortable position where she can still see everything. Excellent!

She purrs contentedly, still watching the spirit for an answer.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The spirit said "I sense nothing. I am just watching."

The warm cat in his arms helped, it took away the goosebumps that had formed.

A moment later the door opened and a portly older gentleman walked in offering Jayden a smile. "What seems to be the problem," he starts and notes the other unconscious cat.

The doc moved to Jezzabella's side and prodded her lightly with skilled plump stubby fingers. "She took a fall or was kicked. You found her this way?" It was't so much a question as a statement the doc had guessed.

Jayden

"Yes, or you might say that my cat," he said, gesturing toward Dizzy with his chin, "found her."

"She looked to be in pretty bad shape so we brought her here."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The old doc said "well you found her at a good time. She has a couple of broken ribs. But nothing too life threatening. She will have to be cast and kept calm. But she should make a full recovery, even a cat as old as this one." He pulled up her lips and looked at her fangs. "She is an old one. Probably over seventeen years. Good long life for a domestic."

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
Pit Friend
Pit Friend
Midland, MI USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,841
Posts140,724
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy