Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Neptune, Mina), 11 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Zeim #819957 Mon 13/07/15 20:40 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
GM

She chuckled at Seyja's comment about the Seneschal, answering D's with a shrug.

"Perhaps. Or perhaps I merely prefer him 'under my nose', rather than in the North, peddling tittle-tattle to my late husband's relatives."

Lady Morgen dunked one of the small wild strawberries in clotted cream and popped it her mouth. She chewed and regarded D with narrowed eyes.

"I do not think we have met before, Señor. I can count all of the drow I have met on one hand and know them all by name. You are not one of them."

There was an undercurrent of unease when she talked to D. She was tense. Why, D couldn't say, but he couldn't say why he he felt the same in her presence either. It wasn't emotional. It felt more like dizziness, a physical sensation.

She watched Jex's fancy finger-work for a while and grinned at Seyja's song. Zoltan's proposal split her grin into a dazzling smile and throaty laugh.

"Ah, I heard you are bold, Zoltan Molnar." She smirked, "And I am sure, not just bold in words."

Two handmaidens stepped into the room awkwardly and curtsied. The Baronessa nodded to them, then turned back to Zoltan and the others.

"But it is late. Where you are going, you will have need of your boldness. The Titan's Elbow is a challenge that has not been bested in a hundreds years or more.

"Return to me when you are done and we shall dance," she said to Zoltan, standing and nodding to Seyja, D and Jex, "and find you what reward we can."

She smoothed down her gown.

"Good night, my friends."

Captain Achelus wandered over, keeping his smoke downwind of Tindarien.

"The knight had horses. The river gorge isn't passable to them, so he had to take the trail along the ridgeline. The Scintilla's a fast-flowing river, so I'm told, and she gets a little hairy in places. But the high ground is slower, indirect. With the drop-offs, you're up against dead ends and hairpins all the way.

"You can how rugged it is, even by night. Huh, Titan's Elbow, eh... I wouldn't be surprised if the entire land hereabouts was dropped by a giant from great height. Made a right bloody mess."

He pressed his thumb into the pipe bowl to keep the ember burning. He looked seriously at the high elf, and Tindarien knew the man wasn't drunk then.

"I tell you this because you're not here at the behest of the Order and may not understand the dangers. It might seem like folk tales and a few days hike in the country, but no-one ever ventures inland around the Sword Point, do they? No, they don't. To most people, it's all bare cliffs and quaint fishing towns.

"But something out there did in Sir Edward the Red, a seasoned knight and monster slayer, despite his flaws. We've got a helm downstairs that's haunted by a champion gladiator. And there's far more to Her Ladyship, the Baronessa than meets the eye.

"You and your people be careful out there."

nem #819961 Mon 13/07/15 20:50 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zoltan

He drops his hand smoothly, and offers a smart bow as the Baroness makes to leave.

"So you have just assured the success of our mission, then, as nothing will keep me from that promise." He smiles broadly.

Zeim #819973 Mon 13/07/15 22:12 UTC
Seyja

Seyja got to her feet, swayed ever so slightly for just a second and then held up her tankard in a toasting gesture.

"Sleep well, Lady, and thanks for the ale."

Exeter #820019 Tue 14/07/15 06:07 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
D

He had heard her words and believed her. She didn't know this form. That in some ways was comforting, yet in other was not so much. He nodded and wondered at what he felt. Was this what the little demon cat was directing him to her for? And if so, what other agenda did it have? Nothing ever used another without something of its own interests. That much he had learned over and over and over again.

He stood when she did. It was a stiff formal movement, but he bowed her out. Then with a flip tossed back the last of his single cup of wine and turned to head to their resting places. He had learned what little he could, more would come should he survive, that much he would make sure of.

Pandemonium #820051 Tue 14/07/15 15:56 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tindarien

He uses silence and a raised eyebrow at the comments about the Baronessa in the hope that the Captain will say more.

Gypsy #820077 Tue 14/07/15 18:44 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
"And I do so like a man that can get things done." The Lady said, nodding her approval to Zoltan with a lop-sided grin.

She was amused by Seyja's words, though took them in good grace, saying sincerely.

"You have already earnt it, Señora. And I trust you will also sleep well."

She gave a smile to D and Jex, then turned leisurely and slinked from the room, followed by her handmaidens.

The young page appeared in the archway as you were leaving and gave you a cheery salute for that time of night.

"Top of de evening to yis! Show yis to yer lodgings, or to de wall wid yer mate - er, pal - er, dat elf fellow? Sir."

The lad meant to be respectful, even if he wasn't fully conversant in courtly ways.

Captain Achelus squinted at Tindarien's eyebrow, as if interpretting it.

"The Baronessa?" He asked rhetorically, "A southern gypsy, using her charms to gain a coveted foothold in the Empire's nobility. Maybe, but that's not all she is and that's not really why I'm here.

"She has some magical ability, from what we can tell. She can talk to the Fey and her way with animals is uncanny.

"But she has been making all sorts of unsavoury acquaintances in the Seven Cities, and that's what peaked our interest."

Achelus gave his pipe a second light, once the looser stuff on top had burned away.

"We're just keeping a friendly eye on her." He said to the high elf with a wink, "Simply put, we don't know who she is. Our investigations have turned up sod all about her past. So the Order wants to ensure she doesn't fall in with the wrong crowd. For her own good, and that of her Barony."

nem #820130 Tue 14/07/15 21:44 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
D

He will say to the page "I am happy to return to my quarters." He didn't feel overly social and it should be quiet there, which suited his mood.

Pandemonium #820134 Tue 14/07/15 22:05 UTC
Seyja

She took another swallow of ale, grimaced and opened and closed her mouth, making a schlock-schlock sound, her expression looking as if suddenly the ale had developed a bad taste.

Deciding she'd had enough for one evening, Seyja headed for her bed.

Exeter #820170 Wed 15/07/15 00:00 UTC
M
M
<Weston>

He nodded when D entered. "I take it you were 'done' with the 'festivities' as well", he said with a grin.

MikeD
MikeD #820193 Wed 15/07/15 05:07 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
D

"Such as they were, yes. I can't complain about the fare or hospitality. I am curious what it is that makes the Lady different, but I am alright with not knowing. I am more curious about the ghost and learning about the treasure."

Pandemonium #820207 Wed 15/07/15 11:58 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tindarien

"Interesting Captain.. and I understand your concerns. I will heed your caution and maintain your confidence."

He takes another deep breath of air and then bids the Captain a good night, intending to head to their quarters to get some sleep.

Gypsy #820215 Wed 15/07/15 13:26 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[[You're free to talk in your lodgings. To signal you're ready to move on, just indicate your character is going to sleep. Thanks.]]

nem #820218 Wed 15/07/15 13:43 UTC
M
M
<Weston>

"Well", he said to D, "I have not had much contact with this sort fare, so don't know how to 'rate' this compared to other things like it. But it is well beyond what I normally have ... how will I ever be able to go back to hard tack and roast buzzard", he finished with a big smile. "Not sure how to take Her Ladyship either. She seems a lot more ... 'down to earth' than the sort I see in Axis. That is something I can appreciate."

MikeD
MikeD #820249 Wed 15/07/15 15:29 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
D

"Yes she is different, probably heralding from her mysterious background. Oh well a puzzle to be sorted another day." He moved to the window to look out at the nightscape. He was clearly still awake and probably willing to talk, but had nothing meaningful to say.

Pandemonium #820254 Wed 15/07/15 16:14 UTC
M
M
<Weston>

Not being much of a 'conversationalist', he didn't have any real idea how to 'carry on a conversation'. He shrugged into the silence and, not having any idea what to say, decided to make a night of it.

MikeD
MikeD #820270 Wed 15/07/15 17:41 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Ghosted for Khamsin]

Jex

He enjoyed his play-time with the lute, soaring through the fast tempo folk tune with completely natural ease, a genuine, gap-toothed smile on his face.

Jex looked amused and fascinated by the Baronessa's comparison to southern gypsy music. He'd actually learnt it amongst the inbred thralls of Drakkenhall. Some of those chinless wonders could play!

When the time came he wished the Baronessa a good night, and finishing off his ale, and his wine, he left with the others.

He settled into the bed of cushions he'd made himself, stretched and sighed.

"Well I'm hitting the sack. If anyone needs to pull their pudding, I'll thank you to keep it down and point it that way." He said, gesturing haphazardly over the railing of the loggia.

He was soon asleep.

nem #820274 Wed 15/07/15 17:46 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zoltan

Watching the Baroness leave he offers a sigh of regret. Then seeing people leaving and heading back to the apartments he turns and heads the other way. Back out into the town and to the inn where they had lunch, and where there was a nicely buxom dark-haired lass he wanted to make better acquaintance of.

He finally returns to the shared apartments, early in the morning, a small smile on his face. If anyone has remained awake late he will chat for a bit with them and then hit the sack.

nem #820275 Wed 15/07/15 17:48 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Ghosted for Owain]

Nestaron

He sat cross-legged on one of the squat tables, staring out into the night with glassy eyes, lost in absence of thought.

Once his mind was settled, the half-elf laid on his back on a reed mat and slept.

He knew Heilbutt would doze next to the door. The half-orc's former master, the dwarven ranger Fuldroik must have used him as a guard dog so often, it had become second nature. Nestaron suspected that Fuldroik himself slept well most nights.

nem #820329 Wed 15/07/15 21:37 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
GM

Tindarien slipped through the door, trying not to disturb his companions if they were sleeping.

Half through the door, he heard a rustle of cloth to his right, turned and met Heilbutt's eyes as the half-orc drew back his spear. Recognising Tindarien, Heilbutt's war face fell into a dumb face and he lowered his weapon, pretending to be testing its heft.

nem #820346 Wed 15/07/15 22:11 UTC
Seyja

The mention of southern gypsy music dampened her enjoyment of the ale and the food and so Seyja made her way to their sleeping quarters.

Once there, she undressed, ignoring the others and went to bed.

Exeter #820424 Thu 16/07/15 12:04 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tindarien

"Goodnight Heilbutt."

He murmurs his greeting, pleased that his companion is alert and on guard. It is his usual stance at night and Tindarien wonders if the half-orc ever gets enough rest.. but he seems fine by it.

He heads into his room and settle down to sleep, wondering what tomorrow might bring.

Gypsy #820608 Fri 17/07/15 05:16 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
D

Having not found sleep easy to come by since he could remember, which wasn't all that long ago. He was one of the last to finally give in and lay down for an attempt. This time sleep came, but it brought odd dreams. Dreams he hoped would end, and not remember in the morning.

Pandemonium #822223 Sun 02/08/15 19:32 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
GM

Heilbutt looked awkward as the high elf walked casually by. He rested the butt of his spear on the ground and shook his head to wake himself up.

He glanced to the open arches of the loggia. The stars were out but at this time of year it couldn't be long until first light, even if they were farther south.

The half-orc slumped against the wall and tried to stay awake.

Everyone else slumbered.

But elsewhere in the land, you were spoken of in the night.

[Go to HHE5: Interlude]

Last edited by nemarsde; Sun 02/08/15 20:08 UTC.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nem 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
nem
nem
GMT 0
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,442
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy