Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
4 members (Asta, Pandemonium, Mina, Alduin), 21 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Davroar

He is standing by Karok, having just healed him but still concerned about the dwarf as he looks a little unsteady. However he figures that dispatching the dwarf's attacker is probably the best option and attacks Ruffian 1 with his staff, taking advantage of its reach.

Gypsy rolled 1d20,1d8 and got 3, 6

[OOC Don't think there are any mods but unlikely to make any difference in this case rolleyes ]

Jaliera

Having already hit one of the two who came out from the side of the building, and having seen him fall since, she turn her attention to his partner, ruffian 4, sighting an arrow and letting fly.

Gypsy rolled 1d20+5,1d6+3 and got 19, 8 Hurrah! grin

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - I've been debating something with Nep for a while now and I think this encounter has decided for me. I'll be taking advantage of the "change your pc however you like" rule after this encounter.)

AJ Offline
Kriv

Looking contemptuously at the humans that dared strike him, the Dragonborn swung his maul with the intent of crushing the vermin's skull.

Targetting Ruffian 4 if still alive, next nearest Ruffian if not.

Kriv Attacking nearest living Ruffian
AJ rolled 1d20+5 and got 13
Kriv damage, GWF rerolls 1s or 2s
AJ rolled d6,d6 and got 2, 6
Kriv GWF reroll
AJ rolled d6 and got 3
6+3+3=12 damage.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Chandan, looking totally uncoordinated, limbs flying this way and that, manages to kick the man that he had struck earlier in front of him square in the chest and that blow cracks ribs, pieces his lungs and with a few gurgles of blood, he falls to the ground, choking on his own blood and dies.

Kriv swings his maul at the ruffian but it just misses the target, giving the man a few extra breaths of life. Those last breaths are short lived as Jaliera's arrow strikes him in the throat. Davroar misses on his attempt to strike the one last ruffian but misses.

Karok and Kallista can try and finish him off.

Just a point of information about what Zeim was referring to. As DM's we're learning the system too. While I think we both have a good grip on it, what we're still figuring out is the balance. What's too tough, what's too easy. This was not an easy encounter and it should have been less of a challenge. I adjusted for the game's sake but as a player, Zeim's realized that there's nobody in this party that is capable of (using a 4e term) controlling the field of battle. Everyone is good at one-on-one fighting but not at handling larger numbers of enemies. His switch will give him some control capabilities.

Karok

With a bit of pent up anger, the dwarf swung again, catching the ruffian hard with his warhammer.

Karok Attacks Ruffian
Rolls d20+4+Channel Divinity (d10=3) = 17
Damage: d8+2 = 9

[ooc: I'm still not sure if I'm adding the right bonuses for attack and damage. Let me know please.]

[ooc2: It might also help if someone pushes the battle crazy healer back away from the front line ;)]

[ooc3: I didn't see healing amount for Karok. What's he at right now?]

Last edited by Nivek; Tue 03/03/15 13:51 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Karok vents his anger at the last remaining ruffian, the group spokesman, and plants his warhammer in his side. The man crumbles to the ground.

First, everyone gets 100 xpts.

What are you all doing now?

To answer Nivek's questions:
1) You're using the right bonuses.
Bonus to hit is +2 strength, +2 proficiency bonus.
Bonus to damage +2 strength.

2) It would be contrary to who he is. He just got unlucky this time around but he's probably aspiring to be able to buy better (plate) armor and build up his constitution to survive better.

3) Davroar Cure wounds roll for Karok previously
Neptune rolled 1d6+3 and got 8.

So he had 8, then took 3 so he's at 5 hp.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Kallista will be changing from Warlock to Sorceror. Just need time to do the changes........, OK changes done. She is now a Sorceror. Gallery details updated.)

Last edited by Zeim; Tue 03/03/15 17:07 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I suggest we move away from here and circle around to where those tunnels are."

She is sure this will have attracted unwanted attention.

Davroar

He searches the bodies for anything useful. They may have keys and the like.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

"Perhaps we should dispose of the bodies? Or at least move them off the main street?"

AJ Offline
Kriv

"No."

The Dragonborn clarified,

"They serve better as a message. Those who feared them will not touch them, leaving their colleagues the task of paying them respect. Few things make you question a uniform in which you expect to be all-conquering than having to bury the bodies of others who wear it. Doubly so if those in charge permit these bodies to fester and rot in the gutter where they fell. This is now what it means to be of the Redbrand Ruffians."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

"And crows have to eat too." Says the old man.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She shrugs. "Just thinking of the children playing in the streets. This is not a military camp. Do you want some 5 year old child to see that?" She points to one of the newly made corpses whose intestines are pouring out of a hole in his abdomen.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Davroar doesn't find any keys but he does find 8 platinum, 15 silver, 8 electrum and 21 copper on the dead ruffians. They are also wearing studded leather and each had two long swords (10 in total). Two of them had crossbows.

AJ Offline
Kriv

"A salutary lesson on staying on a law-abiding path, one they are never too young to learn. Besides, children tend to be morbidly fascinated by such things in any case."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She pauses at Kriv's reply, glancing to the others to see if they agree with such tactics.

"It doesn't matter to me. If our goal here is to be seen as worse than those we are trying to replace, why not decapitate them, impale their bodies on poles in the town square, and hang a sign on them saying 'Don't mess with us'. Now, that would make a real statement."

She glances to the others once more. "Me, I can do terror all day." She tilts her head up to indicate the small horns on her head. "It goes with the horns. But I'd thought we were going more for hope, and the love of the people."

Last edited by Zeim; Wed 04/03/15 20:47 UTC.
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He scratches his head, digging into his grimy dreadlocks to find his scalp somewhere underneath.

Until (somewhat) recently Chandan performed sky burials on a mountainside, so he has little understanding of squeamishness.

"So, maybe today crows dine in private." He says, and starts to drag the bodies around the side of the nearby building.

At least they won't then blockade the road to horse and carts.

AJ Offline
Kriv

He did not hinder or impede the vagrant as he dragged their foes through the street.

"Human town, human brigands, human mores, then. Do as you will. But bear in mind it is the ruthless enemies of the common people who lie dead here. That is a source of hope for their victims, and a clear vision of justice for those who have lost family to their predations."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

The grizzly work of moving the bodies is completed and the heroes can either proceed up to the front door or listen to Jaliera's suggestion of using the tunnel. Kallista is well aware that someone (probably not friendly) had run up to the front door of the manor during the melee.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She helps move the bodies out of the street as best as she can, not being particularly strong, and covers them with brush. "We can tell Sildar they're here and let him decide what to do."

She looks back up the hill. "By the way, during the fight I saw someone run up the hill into the Manor House. They were too far away for me to do anything about, but I presume if there are more Redbrands up there then they are warned."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera & Davroar

They both help move the bodies. The quicker it is done, the quicker they can continue. Both are aware that they met one of the village children only that morning and have no wish to leave the bodies on blatant display.

"They might not be expected a visitation via the tunnels though."

Jaliera comments on Kallista's latest news.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: so that's 2 votes to go investigate the tunnels, I assume? AJ, Nivek, Nemarsde? What say you? Zeim gets no votes wink ]

Karok

"Well I'd vote for the tunnels. I always find I have an advantage underground but I understand if most of you don't feel that way."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

His back isn't fond of tunnels, but after dragging the bodies off the road, he straightens with a sigh.

"Tunnels, yes. They might allow us to reach the women and children undetected.

"They might also feed us one by one into a bugbear's maul."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

So the entire group turns around and follows Jaliera to Qelline Alderleaf's farm. You spot her once again working the fields. This time her son Carp is there working with her, seemingly resentful of the fact that he's pulling weeds while he could be playing. When he sees the group arrive he runs over to his mother excitedly and she gets up and turns to greet the group.

"Hail and well met Kriv, Karok, Kallista and Chandan. I'm Qelline Alderleaf and that's Carp. It seems everyone between here and Waterdeep has heard of him."

His mother's sarcastic words don't seem to bother the young halfling.

"You want to go to the tunnel, right?"

He turns to his mother excitedly and says, "Can I show them? Please?"

Qelline looks at Carp with the stern look only a mother can provide, "You need to be very safe. Do you hear me? No nonsense. No adventuring. You show these good folk and you high-tail it back here instantly or I'll have the entire town go fetch you!"

With that the lad starts leading the group into the woods. As you leave the farm and approach the woods, you can see the back of Tresendar Manor. When you are just about to enter, you lose sight of the halfling for a moment. He had ducked behind a tree to keep somewhat hidden. He waves you forward and about 100 feet in he stops and points to a large tree.

"The tunnel is right there, in front of the big tree. See that bush and all those branches and leaves? It's right there. They musta had to dig around the roots. Anyway, that's where I saw them come out."

As you study the area around the tree you can see exactly what Carp was talking about. When you turn back to Carp you realize that he's gone. Evidently, he obeyed his mother and headed back.

You will probably need light to enter the tunnel.

AJ Offline
Kriv

Still the pragmatist, Kriv reached back into his pack for his torches, flint and tinder, proffering them to the same people that carried them last time.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,451
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy