Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (nem), 14 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
#754212 Fri 14/11/14 20:31 UTC
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Having taken care of all foes in the Goblin Caves, the party takes a little bit of time to rest and recover. After a little over an hour (anyone who wishes to use a Healing Die may do so, please specify and record that if you do), Sildar groans and one eye wearily opens. He cracks a small smile seeing your group sitting around him rather than the Goblins he has recently been the guest of.

So, things to begin discussing and/or to do:

1 - Talking to Sildar
2 - Deciding what to do with the supplies the Goblins stole and are in the cave, marked with the Blue Lion symbol
3 - Retrieve your own wagon and oxen
4 - Decide where to go next and when

Attached Images
cragmaw-0.jpg (380.42 KB, 6 downloads)
Last edited by Neptune; Sun 08/02/15 16:42 UTC. Reason: Changed the thread subject
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

The large dragonborn sees the man open an eye and smile. "I am Luminmorn. Don't know if you remember us but my associates and I were hired by Gundren Rockseeker to make sure some supplies made their journey safely. We were ambushed by the now dead goblins and tracked them to here.

"I for one would like to know what happened to you and to our employer?"

He will offer the man some of his water almost as an after thought.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Sun 16/11/14 00:41 UTC.
Ryssa

"Careful now," the cleric said as she assisted the man in his efforts to sit up.

"We almost lost you. What happened after you left the inn with Sire Rockseeker?'

As Ryssa was not injured, she had no need for healing die use.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Sildar

The man who sits up is of middle years, hair more gray than black. Even through his clearly battered state you can tell he holds himself with a military bearing.

He takes the water offered by Luminmorn with a nod of thanks and sips at it slowly as he speaks.

"I don't think we were formally introduced the last time we briefly met in Neverwinter. I am Sildar Hallwinter, former officer in the Gryphon Cavalry of Waterdeep. My thanks for the rescue."

He takes another sip, listening to Luminmorn's explanation of events and Ryssa's question.

"Gundren and I met up in Neverwinter and agreed to help each other when we found our travels would take us in the same direction. We were traveling towards Phandalin together, for different reasons, when we were ambushed by Goblins and taken here."

(OOC - You have heard of the Gryphon Cavalry of Waterdeep as it is quite famous and an elite force.)

M
M
<Bern>

While the others talk with Sildar, he starts 'sorting' through the stolen goods. Some of them were worth trying to return to their owners ... perhaps for some reward. Other items were not valuable enough to bother taking back. There were a few items in between. He would see how much room they had and go from there.

[[ I don't remember, are we rolling 'hit dice' for recovery or doing a fixed die/2 +1 sort of thing? ]]

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
OOC - it is your call. You can take the average rounded up plus Con bonus or roll. But if you choose to roll you're committed.

M
M
[[ considering the dice roller here ... I'll take the calc <g> Thanks ]]

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Just so you know, Pande rolled his 2nd level HPs using the dice roller and got a "10" on a d10..... I know, I was shocked too. As much by the fact he chose to roll as the result! wink )

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Bern moves around the cavern complex taking stock as others rest and begin talking to Sildar. Clearly if anyone knows more, about the Golbins and their motives, as well as about Gundren and his mission, not to mention the mission of Sildar's that he hinted at, it is the former Gryphon Rider.

After sorting through the supplies, Bern feels that the wagon has enough room to take on all the supplies marked with the 'Blue Lion' symbol. Some of the rest would need to be left behind, but nothing especially valuable.

The party can restock their supply of arrows with those in the Goblin's quivers, but the Goblins swords, Javelins, and armour is poorly made and has no monetary value.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

[OOC: Yeah I took my chances, and yes I was quite happy with the result. smile 24 HP at level 2, not too shabby. Oh and thanks for the other clarification, I edited Luminmorn's post above to reflect that he remembered the man even though the player didn't.]

The dragonborn is happy to listen to the tale and let the others do the questioning and try and sort out what they need to do next. He is sure that they will need to find the dwarf the question of course was how to do just that.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"First things first. Do you know what has happened to the dwarf?" he asked, practical as always as he stood next to Ryssa.

Ryssa

Ryssa watched the Gryphon rider closer to make sure his condition was satisfactory while she listened to his responses.

M
M
[[ oh contrare! scrap metal is =way= more valuable than unrefined ore <weg> But if we don't have space for it ... well, them's the breaks <chuckle> ]]

<Bern>

While the others chatted with Sildar, he began hauling the items that seem most worth saving down to the mouth of the cave. Chances are that anything left behind would be gone or useless by the time they were able to get back.

MikeD
Lingo
The halfling was going to let someone else chit-chat with Sildar. He decided to help Bern sort through the supplies and helped get the good stuff out.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Sildar

The man is looking better and better as time passes (i.e. using his own healing dice wink )

He looks at Balthazar as the Mage speaks, and shrugs a bit uncomfortably. "It's a complicated tale, in order to fully answer. The short answer is that Klarg, the Bugbear I guess you met, had orders from someone named the 'Black Spider' to waylay Gundren and bring him to them. Gundren had a map....."

He pauses.

"Let me back up. Gundren is one of three Rockseeker brothers. Tharden and Nundro are his kin. They had recently discovered an entrance to the long lost Wave Echo Cave. Site of the mines of the 'Phandelver Pact'. You know of the pact? No? Alright."

"More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge called the Forge of Spells where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well. But then disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path."

"A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells and the ensuing battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost."

"Anyway, Gundren had a map showing the location of the cave. He claimed he and his brothers had found it after all these centuries. But the Goblins took the map when they waylaid Gundren and I. I think they sent both Gundren and the map to the Chief of the Gragmaw Tribe at a place I heard them call 'Cragmaw Castle'."

He shrugs once again. "I am sorry, but I do not know where that is. Perhaps someone in Phandalin might know? In fact I was heading there myself to try to find out anything I can about a wizard named Iarno Albreck. He was a companion of mine and he traveled to Phandalin a few months ago to help establish order there. Since Gundren and I were both heading to Phandalin we decided to travel together."

He glances around at all of you.

"Once I rest up a bit I intend to continue on my way to Phandalin. It's the nearest settlement anyway."

He looks at you again consideringly. "You seem to be able to handle yourselves. If you will take me with you to Phandalin I can pay you 50gp. Clearly I don't have it on me, but I can make arrangement to pay you once we arrive."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He sees the pair beginning to carry things and he stands to join them. At least he is large and strong so it might go a bit faster.

Ryssa

It was all very interesting and, since they were headed to Phandalin anyway, the cleric saw no real reason not to take the man with them. She looked at Balthazar, one eyebrow quirked upward in a questioning manner.

"I see no real reason not to take him up on his offer."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"Since it appears that we are all headed for the same destination, we might as well travel together. I do not believe that they have found your gear. Do you know what they did with it?" he asked the former soldier, indicating his companions searching the room.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Sildar

He glances where Balthazar indicates then shakes his head. "Probably sent along with Gundren and the map. It was of pretty good quality."

He tries to stand, and after a shaky wobble or two he manages it. He is alive, but he could use more rest or healing.

He leans down to one of the dead Goblins in the room and picks up it's scimitar and shield. "I can use this for now. I'll get new equipment once we get to Phandalin."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He reaches into his belt pouch and retrieves some rations and hands them to the man along with his water skin.

"Might as well refresh yourself while we load what we can. We have the wagon nearby."

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Sildar

"If it's all the same to you, I'd prefer to watch you load from outside. I've had about enough of these smelly caves."

He stands up, taking the offered rations and water from Balthazar.

"Thank you." He says, and slowly walks back towards the cavern entrance.

Ryssa

Ryssa stood, holding out a hand to help support the man if he appeared to need it, and then followed him toward the entrance... just in case.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"I consider it a group decision but I could offer some healing if it is necessary. I might save it for emergency situations but I am willing."

Lingo

The halfling emerged from the cave, rolling a barrel out the cave.

"Am I gonna have to do this all myself?" he calls out.

M
M
<Bern>

He continued to move crates and barrels out to the wagon and working on arranging them as efficiently as possible in order to maximize what they could carry. He was mostly ignoring the discussions of the others. He figured there would be plenty of time during the trip to catch up on the discussions.

MikeD
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,482
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy