Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (AquaDyne), 22 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#746018 Sat 11/10/14 17:07 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Every new moon the Parliament of Silver Ford meets. It is during this one night that grievances are aired, concerns are voiced, and the business of running the town of Silver Ford and the surrounding environs is done.

The Meeting Place (The Milly Ross Play Park on the map)

Considered neutral ground by the cats of Silver Ford, this grassy space is lined with flowers around its edges. Off to one side there is a large pit of sand, perfect for taking care of your ablutions, and in the middle there is a delightful array of framework climbing structures and ingenious moving things, each surrounded by bark chips that are lovely and soft on the paws. During the day the cats of Silver Ford graciously allow children to play here, but at night this is where they meet to discuss business.

Every cat knows from its whiskers to the tip of its tail that October is upon the Northern New England town. Fall has come and nights are cool, though snow hasn't fallen yet, and likely won't till in November.

Though this is a regular meeting of the Parliament, it is also special. This time of the year the borders between worlds become thin. Things cross over and perform mischief. The cats know that their Burdens are in danger especially on the night of All Hallows Eve when even the dead can walk the world of the living. Of course some more resilient spirits are here year around such as The Burning Ghost who haunts The Silver Ford Mining Museum. Well what used to be the mining museum before it burned.

Already present is Jezzabella a scrawny ancient black cat that is the Minister of Parliament and Sable a compact black cat with a splash of white on his chest who is known to be an arrogant Namer. He lives with Jezzabella and her Burden. He is being groomed as Jezzabella's successor much to the dismay of many of the cats in Silver Ford.

[OOC: Introduce yourselves and mingle. Parliament will start shortly.]

[Linked Image]

Bringer-of-Death

Gato Gordo, often known as Fat Cat or, more formally, Bringer-of-Death, arrived, his impressive little stub of a tail nearly erect and bobbing slightly from side to side as he walked, carefully ignoring Sable, another Namer of note in Silver Ford, while nodding very slightly in the direction of Jezzabella. Gordo didn't like her, but it was only politeness to acknowledge the Minister of Parliament.

He made his way to the climbing structure, arched his back, and stropped himself against the wood, unerringly locating that perfect scratching spot and eliminating one of several annoying itches. He almost purred, but this was neither a place nor time for obvious displays of self-satisfaction.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

[Linked Image] She had been at the park earlier in the day before her burden returned from what she thought of as his day long sleep-away-from-home. He called it work, but he never came back with interesting smells, so it was obviously a word he used instead of sleep. She wasn't sure why, but humans didn't seem to find sleeps, naps, and other things useful. Oh, they'd talk longingly about it sometimes, but they never did it! If they did, they seemed to think it was something that only kitten-humans did.

Some of the wild humans did nap, and it was one of those she had been visiting earlier soothing the bad dreams of being in a sandy place with loud things that went BANG! and exploded all around him. She could understand his worrying being around something that made so much noise and danger and you didn't know where they were hidden. Why even digging in the sand to take care of business could get you blown up out there! Soot as she was called, not having given her real name to many and enjoying her Burden-given name for some odd reason, had found a comfortable high perch slightly off to the side.

Her lithe frame easily balanced on the thin area and she was hunkered down awaiting the show. She had earlier greeted those present as was their due. Her whiskers tilted forward in a smile as she saw Bringer and she Merped a greeting to him.

[Linked Image]
>Seeker-On-High<

The slight orange cat most here knew as Seeker spotted the best out-of-the-way spot easily enough. The top of the climbing array was likely a bit chilly and clearly hard metal, but it was the top, which was all that really mattered. It would just take a little work getting there. He started his way up, knowing he could give proper greetings to others once he was in place.

Gato Gordo

Having treated himself to a near surfeit of scratching, Gordo climbed to a comfortable perch, nodding a polite mrrooow to Soot as he passed not far away from her. He ignored Seeker as he was still irked with the orange cat due to the disrespect he'd shown Gordo a few sleeps back.

AJ Offline
Shadow-of-the-Highest

[Linked Image]

The lithe ginger tom popularly known as Shadow undulated into the parliament grounds, striding through as if he owned it, or was going to. He practically radiated a sense of impending violence, and eyed up the other felines present as if they were impinging on his turf. Shadow was known to be a Shaper of some repute, and took up a position atop one of the higher metal structures in a couple of deft leaps. After holding his gaze a fraction of a piconap too long, he averted it away from the spokesfeline, almost respectfully.

AJ #746076 Sat 11/10/14 23:28 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

Oh, this was going to be fun, Soot thought to herself as she watched others entering and settling themselves. A slow tail sweep here and a flicked ear there shared her greetings with others without making any statement of precedence. Her times outside were usually limited with her interactions with other cats. New Moon Parliament meetings were one of the few times she had for that.

#746173 Sun 12/10/14 16:05 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

She is new to the area. Even though she has been invited, this is always a nervous time. She has seen a few of the cats in her new neighbourhood but not up close.

So she has chosen to arrive at the last possible moment. Not late, that would never do, but quietly acknowledging that the others, those who had been here longer than her, had the right to choose their favourite or preferred spot.

A ginger tom had arrived jus ahead of her but she keeps a low profile in following him. At the entrance to the playground she stops, wanted to announce her presence so as not to appear potentially hostile but also she doesn't want to appear too subservient, despite the nervousness she is feeling and her own general lack of confidence since.. well since =then=.

On the threshold, she meows, then head high, sasheys into the centre of the group to give them all a chance to see her and to decide if she is to be accepted.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Almost all the cats from the town had come to the parliament. Young and old paid respect to the ancient Jezzabella as they arrived. Almost like a greeting line.

Soon the old cat gave one yeowl and got attention from all. "You have been called to our Parliamentary meeting. Let us start with new business first.

"Welcome to Tiger-Lily and her Burden to our lovely little town." A gaze picked out the new arrival.

>Seeker-On-High<

A tailflick up on the top the the climbing gear precedes the questioning voice.

"Does her new territory take a particular house? I wouldn't want to look in without intention."

Bringer

Just because he was irked with the cat didn't mean he couldn't recognize when Seeker asked a good question. It would, however, keep him from admitting it.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

She should speak up for herself.

"My territory is the tall house at the end of the lane, open green approach, behind is a stream with steep banks, an old tree trunk spans the bank and leads to the woods."

She believes the description should identify it well enough.

"I would be pleased if any here could help me learn my way around.. to avoid any misunderstandings."

>Seeker-On-High<

"I think I know it. I am Seeker. I've Seen most places around here."

He looked down from above now, just to get an impression of the new cat. He did not look more than just casually curious, though.

"I might not be the best guide, though. I watch from Above, I don't walk the ground so very much. But I do like questions, if you still have them after."

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

She tilted whiskers forward in another greeting. It was difficult to come into a new place, perhaps, to learn the ways and whereabouts. Soot's Burden went many new places every quarter moon and Soot often went along so she understood the feelings that might be engendered. She did not feel she was the best to take her about being neither Queen nor Tom nor feeling very strongly about Territory.

If this Tiger-Lily wished to avoid misunderstandings another would be better to do so. Soot tucked herself up a bit more comfortably on her perch.

#746286 Sun 12/10/14 23:21 UTC
AJ Offline
Shadow-of-the-Highest

Baleful emerald eyes insouciantly took in the newcomer, and he spoke in a low warning rumble.

"That area doesn't border My territory yet. If you stray into My turf, I'll be sure to let you know. Because you asked nicely, I'll let you know peacefully."

AJ #746318 Mon 13/10/14 00:43 UTC
Bringer-of-Death

Bringer recognized her description immediately. It wasn't that far from his own territory - just beyond an as yet unclaimed piece of land which he had been considering.

His voice rumbled up from somewhere deep in his throat.

"I could show you where your territory most closely approached my own."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

There are mixed reaction which is to be expected. She is new and untested, it will take time to earn trust.

She looks up.

"I will gather my questions, thank you Seeker."

Soot seems to offer a greeting, maybe a touch friendlier than the others but still with some reticence. She returns the gesture though, giving the benefit of any doubt.

"And thank you Shadow. I have no intention of entering anyone's territory uninvited."

Finally she turns to Bringer, trying not to be intimidated by his size.

"If you could let me know when it would be convenient, I would like to take up your offer."

Nice and polite, just like her mother taught her.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
At the return of the greeting, Soot moved to one side, taking a slightly less comfortable perch to make it clear that there is space where she is.

She carefully licked a paw and groomed one ear making it clear her movement was by her choice.

#746872 Tue 14/10/14 22:37 UTC
Bringer

"When it becomes convenient, I will let you know," Bringer said noncommittally.

AJ Offline
Shadow

Shadow deliberately stretched, arching his back and letting his claws extend for a few moments. He then addressed the assembled felines,

"If the Minister permits, I have news of a potential threat to our Burdens."

He paused almost long enough for the venerable speaker to express a preference.

"Little flying creatures, wings like insects, bodies like miniaturised Burdens, glowing like a star. One of them tried to lead My youngest Burden out of this world altogether, leading it into a warded ring of stones and mushrooms. I threatened it thrice, twice without and once within the circle. There were none others of its kind to bear witness, so I terrified it into fleeing rather than killing or crippling it. No-one and no thing, no matter what or who they may be, may take what is Mine from Me."

He shrugged, looking at the assembled cats. "Don't know if I can say the same for the rest of you, but be mindful of your Burdens, especially the little ones, in case more of these things try to steal them."

AJ #746980 Wed 15/10/14 11:30 UTC
Bringer

Now that got his attention and Bringer elevated himself to a sitting position.

"I, too, have seen one of these fae creatures. It was tormenting my burden's miserable black bird."

Bringer paused to lick down an out of place lock of hair, ignoring numerous others equally misplaced.

"I killed it, of course."

>Seeker-On-High<

Seeker piped up from his perch atop the climb-bars.

"I didn't see anything with wings. But there's a water creature of some sort, at Old Man McGee's house. Perhaps the drowning kind, given history. I think it came from the pool nearby, but it was in the house when I went looking."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

She moves over to Soot, accepting the invitation but taking care not to crowd. It might take some time before she is accepted here but it is a good first step.

She listens as the others give their reports. She has nothing to add herself but the news is worrying.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

After Tiger-Lily settled, the quiet cat spoke up. "By the park with the twisting trails, where the large birds nest, between the two peaks, a warded circle was found. Within the circle was another working that allowed stronger sight of distant things. That one, within the warded circle, was powered with the sacrifice of a kitten or small cat. Both were well and cleverly worked."

Her voice was even but her tail lashed, once, twice, thrice before it stilled.

#747063 Wed 15/10/14 16:28 UTC
AJ Offline
Shadow

"A cat sacrificed to do magic?!" Shadow hissed, his hackles raised. He growled his opprobrium,

"No. Not in My town, not if I can do anything about it. Such a vile perversion of our arts cannot go unpunished. Did you catch any trace of the one responsible, any wind of his scent, or sign of his passing?"

AJ #747065 Wed 15/10/14 16:34 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

She yawned, unimpressed by the tom's display. Boring. "If such had been sensed, such would have been said."

Did he think her a witless kitten to not have shared such information?

#747068 Wed 15/10/14 17:01 UTC
AJ Offline
Shadow

He looked down at the speaker with disdain, closing his eyes disrespectfully.

"Useless. Now someone better able to do that will need to go out there instead."

#747069 Wed 15/10/14 17:02 UTC
>Seeker-On-High<

"Another perhaps in my case. Or incidental, caught up in the dangers. It's difficult to say. But a cat was drowned and now a water spirit haunts the place. There is a nasty smell to it."

Nastier still if there were more than one case. Much. It made him suspicious. His tail flicked in irritation at not spotting more, at not knowing answers rather than asking questions.

Bringer

He tended to agree with Shadow... it was an abomination, but he was not of the mercurial sort like Shadow, although he seemed to remember that, in his youth, he had been.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
"Alas that you do not venture so far to have found it in the first place, for I'm sure you could look to the past for a quarter moon and more to gain such information and keep all safe."

The tone was bland as she spoke to Shadow. Very, very bland with little to no inflection.

Last edited by Raven; Thu 16/10/14 18:03 UTC.
#747220 Thu 16/10/14 08:36 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

She is still, only her head and luminous eyes watching. There is danger here and unrest. Perhaps one causing the other. She is distressed by the news of cat sacrifices, her neck fur ridged as tension increases.

She is pleased to have the opportunity to be part of a community, to have that interaction and opportunity both to learn and to contribute. Where she was before, she was largely on her own - apart from her burden that is - but maybe was all the safer for that.

But this is not just about her.. it is about her kind.

"Were these ones that were killed small and young.. maybe more vulnerable? Could we try to teach and to protect others that might become victims?"

She is not sure if she should speak or not, nor if her idea has merit or will have support, but she won't learn by remaining silent.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Jezzabella

The old cat's keen eyes flashed as they watched the interaction. "If one cat young or old has been put in peril all are at risk. We have no knowledge of what has put our home in danger. This is more than just this time of year.

"It seems that we have multiple threats. We also have another concern. It has come to my attention that cats are being held in a place here in Silver Ford. Tiger-Lily our new addition has some experience with the kinds of places I am speaking about. As such I am asking for volunteers to lead a raid and help our brethren cats to escape. Tiger-Lily has graciously already volunteered to be a part of this mission." Her old yellow eyes sought like minded cats out in the gathering to perform the mission.

>Seeker-On-High<

That perked him up, even as a lack of support for action to deal with the water spirit had somewhat demoralized him. He had so hoped some of the bolder cats would take it as a challenge rather than a threat. This, though... This could be something that needed cleverness to work thru. And didn't expose his astral self to angry and wet spirits.

"What place? How many? And who is holding them? We could use allies if as much is going oddly as we've heard, and we could use an enemy lessened, too."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Jezzabella

"It is downtown behind the red building made of shaped blocks of stone. It has white painted walls and smells of all kinds of animals. The animals are kept in cages for a time and then they are killed. Sometimes a lucky one, like Tiger-Lily was in her last town, gets taken home by a new Burden.

"Sable can show you the building.

"Yes we can use allies especially in light of spirits crossing over like that wet spirit you found. We must combat them and prevent them from harming our Burdens." Her words were more forceful at the end of her statements, yet she coughed and sneezed as if it took something out of her.

>Seeker-On-High<

"We will free them anyway, but we should try to learn why this place is. It seems an odd thing, to gather many, give some new Burdens and then kill others. Capricious and random."

Which usually meant 'not studied enough'. Or so Seeker thought. But most cats seemed to think signs and books were just random scratches and markings, and he knew better. There might be patterns to this place as well.

AJ Offline
Shadow

He looked from Soot to Jezebella to Seeker. Addressing the first,

"Probably not. I might have picked up a scent, but a seeker or namer would fare better. I am neither."

To the minister,

"The arrogance of the Burdens, presuming to constrain and take the lives of their betters as if we were like vermin for their entertainment. We must teach them their place: I will join this."

Finally, to Seeker,

"The dead, too, need to learn sharp lessons on staying that way. If that water thing means harm, I shall use it as a scratching post."

He lifted a forepaw, appraised it, flexed out each digit and claw, and idly cleaned the interstices.

AJ #747391 Thu 16/10/14 22:49 UTC
Bringer

The big cat lifted himself and slowly stretched, head to stub tail, his head quivering slightly in concert with the waggle of his impressive stub.

"I, also, will join in on this."

AJ #747393 Thu 16/10/14 22:51 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
She slitted her eyes in silent laughter before looking between Tiger-Lily and Jezebella.

"I would aid as I may. One could also return and disrupt the working described. I thought it should stay undisturbed until Parliament decided what to do with it. Should one who could looked to see what might be found if that was considered."

#747414 Fri 17/10/14 00:55 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The dark protege Sable leaned in close to Jezzabella's ear and whispered, his pink tongue flicking quickly. She listened and nodded.

"We will not disrupt the working yet. More may be learned." She paused though to see if any other volunteers spoke up.

>Seeker-On-High<

That was the right decision, so it wasn't a problem at all, no need to argue against it (which would be useless anyway, once Jezzabella had decided). Investigation was called for, and that meant he was likely to be in demand. And, given the events in question, this was no time to preen.

"So, do we send back the water spirit first? It will likely be active even in the night, which those who imprison our brothers and sisters aren't likely to be."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Jezzabella

"In another day or so, it will be that time when the Burdens do other things than go to certain places. The mission to free our brethern will happen in two nights, a day the Burdens refer to as Saturday. Agreed night is the best time for their rescue.

"As far as the spirit. We need to learn more and then figure out a way to banish it without loosing our own. As you know spirits are much stronger in their place that we can access as Seeker has, but they usually have something that ties them to the place of our Burdens. We need to find out who the spirit was, or what it was, maybe its True Name so that our magics are more effective when the time comes to confront it. Hopefully in that investigation we will be able to find whatever it is that anchors it here and or what summoned it, and dispose of it."

>Seeker-On-High<

"Anyone who goes to explore the yard should be cautious. It left pools like pawprints along its path from the deep, dark pool it came from, and they looked like the same water it's made of. Touch them and it might know. But follow them back and we might learn more about it."

He would be cautious, but others... not everyone here took care to avoid a fight until ready to win it.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

"I am a warder with some skills in investigation. If you think I can help with the water spirit, I would be happy to help. I have some wareness of spirits and their like."

She does not want to push herself forward too much but at the same time she wants the others to know that she will help where she can.

"And I will be pleased to help rescue our kind from that awful place. I was in a similar place for several weeks.. locked up in a cage.."

Her voice is low at the end, losing freedom is a big deal for a cat.

AJ Offline
Shadow

"If it can lose its substance, it can be made to lose more of it. I would be willing to see what secrets it can be made to spill when threatened with destruction. Whatever its name may be, I can Shape myself into its doom, known or unknown."

Shadow took great care to avoid fights he didn't think he could win. For some reason, this tended to come across as reckless belligerence at times.

AJ #747662 Fri 17/10/14 22:26 UTC
Bringer

"And if one of us is able to determine its true name," the big cat said, "I can make use of it to punish the spirit."

He looked like he enjoyed the idea.

>Seeker-On-High<

"Then I think we have a full paw of a team," Seeker said, considering carefully lest he promise too much. "Do we need more? Or want for other preparations?"

He still hadn't stood, but looked down over everyone from the climbing set.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

She thinks she is included, leastways nobody has said otherwise. She waits to see if anyone else has anything to add but gets ready herself by standing and then stretching, forelegs straight and low, tail pointing at the sky.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Jezzabella

The old cat waved a paw. "Is that all the new business we need to take care of?" She waited a moment to see for sure.

Then providing there were no other cats that needed to make commentary, she nodded to Sable.

The haughty black cat moved forward and said "I will be organizing the team for the rescue. You have two days to get all the information you can on that place and bring it to me. We will hold a last minute planning session at my house," he paused for a moment "at our house," he corrected Saturday before the mission."

"As far as the spirit find out what you can and report to Jezzabella. We will deal with the spirit as soon as we have sufficient information. For that I appoint Seeker as the coordinator. He discovered the spirit and gains the right to investigate. Meet with him if you want to assist."

Then a swirl of his tail he walked off, not even giving anyone a chance to ask questions, nor with any regard to Jezzabella.

Seeker of Patterns
Seeker of Patterns
[Linked Image]

Terror of the Alley

The shadows shifted and large feline shape appeared out of them, walking forward to join the group. He didn't look around to see who was here or where they were, for he already had studied the situation, but instead nodded his respect to Jezzabella in somewhat noticeable contrast to Sable's less-than-gracious exit. He was a large male of many pounds of muscle and a striking mane of elegant fur.

"I did not hear the details, but all know they may rely on me if my skills are needed," he announced, settling in a spot near a pool of dark shadow.

Lady of Misrule
AJ Offline
Shadow

The ginger to watched the dark-furred feline bark out orders impassively, with exactly the same insouciance as if it were a Burden issuing the decrees. Still, given the need for cooperation and the fact he had skills uniquely suited to scouting, he resolved to be there two days' hence, with more information than that arrogant rival could dream of.

AJ #748056 Sun 19/10/14 11:11 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

Interesting. Nothing more was said about the farsight spot. Who would look, who would take it apart.

She extended a rear foot and started cleaning it as she thought. Perhaps her person would go there again and she would look again. It would be curious to scent if any had come since her last attempt when trails were cold.

It was a difficult place to reach due to its distance. Perhaps that was why few here other than her had actually gone there. As far as she knew, except, perhaps by some of the large hunters she saw there it was unclaimed. Not the People. At least none in this parliament or those she'd run across did. And there were Dogs. Dogs and Burdens. Happily the Burdens showed some intelligence and generally had the Dogs held on strong ropes.

While she might not be skilled in some of the investigations and areas others were, there were Burdens none claimed who might need aid against these goings on. She would spend time watching over them and looking.

She cast a glance over at her perchmate, the stretching newcomer. "Investigations and warding, mmrrrr," she said meant mostly for her ears. "Perhaps something to chat about in a sunbeam at some point, if you wish." Her tone, in sharp contrast to her earlier statement to another, was laced with curiosity and a hint of warmth before she added in a more amused tones, "Males."

AJ #748236 Sun 19/10/14 20:43 UTC
>Seeker-On-High<

"If anyone wants, I know the way to the black pool by paw. It may be best to check it before the sun warms the residue the spirit might have left away."

He leaped down from his perch, landing a little heavily in the playfield sand. He shook himself right and started away, pausing after a bit to look to see if any actually did follow.

AJ Offline
Shadow

He gracefully dropped down from his perch, pacing after Seeker. Perhaps something would entertain him this night after all...

AJ #748263 Sun 19/10/14 22:55 UTC
Bringer

The heavier cat also dropped down to the ground, if not quite as gracefully as the other two felines, and followed Seeker and Shadow.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

She tilts her head on one side as Soot makes a proposition and nods her agreement.

"Be happy to. Meanwhile shall we go keep an eye on the boys?"

She too looks amused as she turns to gracefully follow in the wake of the larger toms, her head and tail erect as she pads silently out of the playground.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

"Most assuredly," she agrees and follows as well.

#748528 Mon 20/10/14 23:08 UTC
Seeker of Patterns
Seeker of Patterns
Terror

He did not know what everyone was heading off to do, but since all of them were doing it he decided it must be important. He rose, shook his main (causing the red tag on his collar to click-clack), and followed along, eventually padding along beside Soot and the newcomer with the blue eyes.

"I missed your introduction. I am Terror of the Alley," he said in a low but genial voice in contrast to his size, then nodded a greeting to Soot.

Lady of Misrule
>Seeker-On-High<

He tried not to start, but turned back and headed on as if nothing was strange. Like other cats following his lead was normal.

But it felt all sorts of wrong. He could give advice or report what he'd seen, that wasn't the same as leading anyone to battle. And he wasn't at all sure when it had changed out from under his paws, like a branch that suddenly got all flexible and wobbly.

But there was no turning back now. Too many eyes on his tail to let it droop in worry.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

"I'm Tiger-Lily, pleased to meet you."

She can imagine her mother looking on in approval. She feels she is holding her own despite being around larger Toms in the main, Soot being the exception.. and remaining polite, most important.

"I am new to the area, just starting to learn my way around. Jezzabella invited me to the Parliament. I am a Warder."

The last essentially provides her credentials for being here.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

"There was a pool, Seeker found," she said after politely touching noses with Terror. "Some are seeking if the signs left by the spirit within it are still there. Hence the walk together of those who might not normally be such." Her whiskers twitched with amusement.

"Others mentioned flying fae they've seen. Or a warded circle containing a powerful seeking fueled by a sentient death."

#749107 Wed 22/10/14 16:07 UTC
Seeker of Patterns
Seeker of Patterns
Terror

"Always good to have a Warder," he rumbled. "Welcome."

He nodded as Soot told him what he'd missed. "A sentient death? That is troubling. I suppose spirits are to be expected in this turn of the season and must be dealt with, but a sentient... is there any call to action on that?"

Lady of Misrule
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

Her ears flattened slightly in unhappiness. "It was stated but... I heard nothing that said what would be done or even if the working would be broken."

"Jezzebella did say upon hearing something that Sable said, the will not disrupt the working yet as more could be learned. But I heard nothing that said what the call to action on that would be. The other two things were action described by Sable."

#750278 Mon 27/10/14 03:49 UTC
Seeker of Patterns
Seeker of Patterns
Terror

A low rumble escaped him as Soot reported that nothing seemed to be planned to identify what or who had done such a deed. "Who found the circle? I would like to ask them more about it."

Lady of Misrule
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

She ducked her head politely saying quietly, "I did."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,837
Posts140,604
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy