Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Angrboða), 33 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#746018 Sat 11/10/14 17:07 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Online Content
Chaotic Obfuscator
Every new moon the Parliament of Silver Ford meets. It is during this one night that grievances are aired, concerns are voiced, and the business of running the town of Silver Ford and the surrounding environs is done.

The Meeting Place (The Milly Ross Play Park on the map)

Considered neutral ground by the cats of Silver Ford, this grassy space is lined with flowers around its edges. Off to one side there is a large pit of sand, perfect for taking care of your ablutions, and in the middle there is a delightful array of framework climbing structures and ingenious moving things, each surrounded by bark chips that are lovely and soft on the paws. During the day the cats of Silver Ford graciously allow children to play here, but at night this is where they meet to discuss business.

Every cat knows from its whiskers to the tip of its tail that October is upon the Northern New England town. Fall has come and nights are cool, though snow hasn't fallen yet, and likely won't till in November.

Though this is a regular meeting of the Parliament, it is also special. This time of the year the borders between worlds become thin. Things cross over and perform mischief. The cats know that their Burdens are in danger especially on the night of All Hallows Eve when even the dead can walk the world of the living. Of course some more resilient spirits are here year around such as The Burning Ghost who haunts The Silver Ford Mining Museum. Well what used to be the mining museum before it burned.

Already present is Jezzabella a scrawny ancient black cat that is the Minister of Parliament and Sable a compact black cat with a splash of white on his chest who is known to be an arrogant Namer. He lives with Jezzabella and her Burden. He is being groomed as Jezzabella's successor much to the dismay of many of the cats in Silver Ford.

[OOC: Introduce yourselves and mingle. Parliament will start shortly.]

[Linked Image]

Bringer-of-Death

Gato Gordo, often known as Fat Cat or, more formally, Bringer-of-Death, arrived, his impressive little stub of a tail nearly erect and bobbing slightly from side to side as he walked, carefully ignoring Sable, another Namer of note in Silver Ford, while nodding very slightly in the direction of Jezzabella. Gordo didn't like her, but it was only politeness to acknowledge the Minister of Parliament.

He made his way to the climbing structure, arched his back, and stropped himself against the wood, unerringly locating that perfect scratching spot and eliminating one of several annoying itches. He almost purred, but this was neither a place nor time for obvious displays of self-satisfaction.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

[Linked Image] She had been at the park earlier in the day before her burden returned from what she thought of as his day long sleep-away-from-home. He called it work, but he never came back with interesting smells, so it was obviously a word he used instead of sleep. She wasn't sure why, but humans didn't seem to find sleeps, naps, and other things useful. Oh, they'd talk longingly about it sometimes, but they never did it! If they did, they seemed to think it was something that only kitten-humans did.

Some of the wild humans did nap, and it was one of those she had been visiting earlier soothing the bad dreams of being in a sandy place with loud things that went BANG! and exploded all around him. She could understand his worrying being around something that made so much noise and danger and you didn't know where they were hidden. Why even digging in the sand to take care of business could get you blown up out there! Soot as she was called, not having given her real name to many and enjoying her Burden-given name for some odd reason, had found a comfortable high perch slightly off to the side.

Her lithe frame easily balanced on the thin area and she was hunkered down awaiting the show. She had earlier greeted those present as was their due. Her whiskers tilted forward in a smile as she saw Bringer and she Merped a greeting to him.

[Linked Image]
>Seeker-On-High<

The slight orange cat most here knew as Seeker spotted the best out-of-the-way spot easily enough. The top of the climbing array was likely a bit chilly and clearly hard metal, but it was the top, which was all that really mattered. It would just take a little work getting there. He started his way up, knowing he could give proper greetings to others once he was in place.

Gato Gordo

Having treated himself to a near surfeit of scratching, Gordo climbed to a comfortable perch, nodding a polite mrrooow to Soot as he passed not far away from her. He ignored Seeker as he was still irked with the orange cat due to the disrespect he'd shown Gordo a few sleeps back.

AJ Offline
Shadow-of-the-Highest

[Linked Image]

The lithe ginger tom popularly known as Shadow undulated into the parliament grounds, striding through as if he owned it, or was going to. He practically radiated a sense of impending violence, and eyed up the other felines present as if they were impinging on his turf. Shadow was known to be a Shaper of some repute, and took up a position atop one of the higher metal structures in a couple of deft leaps. After holding his gaze a fraction of a piconap too long, he averted it away from the spokesfeline, almost respectfully.

AJ #746076 Sat 11/10/14 23:28 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

Oh, this was going to be fun, Soot thought to herself as she watched others entering and settling themselves. A slow tail sweep here and a flicked ear there shared her greetings with others without making any statement of precedence. Her times outside were usually limited with her interactions with other cats. New Moon Parliament meetings were one of the few times she had for that.

#746173 Sun 12/10/14 16:05 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

She is new to the area. Even though she has been invited, this is always a nervous time. She has seen a few of the cats in her new neighbourhood but not up close.

So she has chosen to arrive at the last possible moment. Not late, that would never do, but quietly acknowledging that the others, those who had been here longer than her, had the right to choose their favourite or preferred spot.

A ginger tom had arrived jus ahead of her but she keeps a low profile in following him. At the entrance to the playground she stops, wanted to announce her presence so as not to appear potentially hostile but also she doesn't want to appear too subservient, despite the nervousness she is feeling and her own general lack of confidence since.. well since =then=.

On the threshold, she meows, then head high, sasheys into the centre of the group to give them all a chance to see her and to decide if she is to be accepted.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Online Content
Chaotic Obfuscator
Almost all the cats from the town had come to the parliament. Young and old paid respect to the ancient Jezzabella as they arrived. Almost like a greeting line.

Soon the old cat gave one yeowl and got attention from all. "You have been called to our Parliamentary meeting. Let us start with new business first.

"Welcome to Tiger-Lily and her Burden to our lovely little town." A gaze picked out the new arrival.

>Seeker-On-High<

A tailflick up on the top the the climbing gear precedes the questioning voice.

"Does her new territory take a particular house? I wouldn't want to look in without intention."

Bringer

Just because he was irked with the cat didn't mean he couldn't recognize when Seeker asked a good question. It would, however, keep him from admitting it.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

She should speak up for herself.

"My territory is the tall house at the end of the lane, open green approach, behind is a stream with steep banks, an old tree trunk spans the bank and leads to the woods."

She believes the description should identify it well enough.

"I would be pleased if any here could help me learn my way around.. to avoid any misunderstandings."

>Seeker-On-High<

"I think I know it. I am Seeker. I've Seen most places around here."

He looked down from above now, just to get an impression of the new cat. He did not look more than just casually curious, though.

"I might not be the best guide, though. I watch from Above, I don't walk the ground so very much. But I do like questions, if you still have them after."

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

She tilted whiskers forward in another greeting. It was difficult to come into a new place, perhaps, to learn the ways and whereabouts. Soot's Burden went many new places every quarter moon and Soot often went along so she understood the feelings that might be engendered. She did not feel she was the best to take her about being neither Queen nor Tom nor feeling very strongly about Territory.

If this Tiger-Lily wished to avoid misunderstandings another would be better to do so. Soot tucked herself up a bit more comfortably on her perch.

#746286 Sun 12/10/14 23:21 UTC
AJ Offline
Shadow-of-the-Highest

Baleful emerald eyes insouciantly took in the newcomer, and he spoke in a low warning rumble.

"That area doesn't border My territory yet. If you stray into My turf, I'll be sure to let you know. Because you asked nicely, I'll let you know peacefully."

AJ #746318 Mon 13/10/14 00:43 UTC
Bringer-of-Death

Bringer recognized her description immediately. It wasn't that far from his own territory - just beyond an as yet unclaimed piece of land which he had been considering.

His voice rumbled up from somewhere deep in his throat.

"I could show you where your territory most closely approached my own."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

There are mixed reaction which is to be expected. She is new and untested, it will take time to earn trust.

She looks up.

"I will gather my questions, thank you Seeker."

Soot seems to offer a greeting, maybe a touch friendlier than the others but still with some reticence. She returns the gesture though, giving the benefit of any doubt.

"And thank you Shadow. I have no intention of entering anyone's territory uninvited."

Finally she turns to Bringer, trying not to be intimidated by his size.

"If you could let me know when it would be convenient, I would like to take up your offer."

Nice and polite, just like her mother taught her.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
At the return of the greeting, Soot moved to one side, taking a slightly less comfortable perch to make it clear that there is space where she is.

She carefully licked a paw and groomed one ear making it clear her movement was by her choice.

#746872 Tue 14/10/14 22:37 UTC
Bringer

"When it becomes convenient, I will let you know," Bringer said noncommittally.

AJ Offline
Shadow

Shadow deliberately stretched, arching his back and letting his claws extend for a few moments. He then addressed the assembled felines,

"If the Minister permits, I have news of a potential threat to our Burdens."

He paused almost long enough for the venerable speaker to express a preference.

"Little flying creatures, wings like insects, bodies like miniaturised Burdens, glowing like a star. One of them tried to lead My youngest Burden out of this world altogether, leading it into a warded ring of stones and mushrooms. I threatened it thrice, twice without and once within the circle. There were none others of its kind to bear witness, so I terrified it into fleeing rather than killing or crippling it. No-one and no thing, no matter what or who they may be, may take what is Mine from Me."

He shrugged, looking at the assembled cats. "Don't know if I can say the same for the rest of you, but be mindful of your Burdens, especially the little ones, in case more of these things try to steal them."

AJ #746980 Wed 15/10/14 11:30 UTC
Bringer

Now that got his attention and Bringer elevated himself to a sitting position.

"I, too, have seen one of these fae creatures. It was tormenting my burden's miserable black bird."

Bringer paused to lick down an out of place lock of hair, ignoring numerous others equally misplaced.

"I killed it, of course."

>Seeker-On-High<

Seeker piped up from his perch atop the climb-bars.

"I didn't see anything with wings. But there's a water creature of some sort, at Old Man McGee's house. Perhaps the drowning kind, given history. I think it came from the pool nearby, but it was in the house when I went looking."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily

[Linked Image]

She moves over to Soot, accepting the invitation but taking care not to crowd. It might take some time before she is accepted here but it is a good first step.

She listens as the others give their reports. She has nothing to add herself but the news is worrying.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
Soot

After Tiger-Lily settled, the quiet cat spoke up. "By the park with the twisting trails, where the large birds nest, between the two peaks, a warded circle was found. Within the circle was another working that allowed stronger sight of distant things. That one, within the warded circle, was powered with the sacrifice of a kitten or small cat. Both were well and cleverly worked."

Her voice was even but her tail lashed, once, twice, thrice before it stilled.

#747063 Wed 15/10/14 16:28 UTC
AJ Offline
Shadow

"A cat sacrificed to do magic?!" Shadow hissed, his hackles raised. He growled his opprobrium,

"No. Not in My town, not if I can do anything about it. Such a vile perversion of our arts cannot go unpunished. Did you catch any trace of the one responsible, any wind of his scent, or sign of his passing?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Phoenix Prime
Phoenix Prime
Sanger Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,683
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy