Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37
Neptune #970766 Thu 09/05/19 17:14 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
FYI, I'm going to be offline until Monday night at the earliest.

-Nep
Neptune #970940 Sat 11/05/19 19:55 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Have a good time! smile

Neptune #973448 Thu 06/06/19 20:44 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
What ERP are you playing with, Neptune? Planning a reinstall of ours at the mo, so we can add new functionality.

Neptune #973480 Fri 07/06/19 02:06 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
We're shutting down Lawson and moving to Epicor. What ERP are you working with?

-Nep
Neptune #973483 Fri 07/06/19 02:19 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
At this point of this game I would like you to gear up to take a few months off in "game time". I'll give you options to consider but you can come up with something of your own for this "down time". We'll continue with one more IC post from me followed by a single IC post by you in the 5-Epilogue thread concluding your participation in LMP. I'll need to write mine up. Hopefully I can get to it in the next day or two.

If you want your PC to interact with another PC, discuss it in a PM thread or here in OOC. Most of you opted in for SKT. Neal needs a break and Panda has not popped in to play for a while. Zeim said he would take a PC and, on occasion, give me a couple month break from DMing by running a segment. He'll be creating a new PC for the game.

The "In" characters are Ryssa, Jaliera, Davroar, Kriv, Bern and the PC Zeim creates. I'll provide some game-relevant options but you all agree to be in or return to Phandelin in three months time. You will all have "faction" options. All of your PC's are being recruited by one or have joined one.

And then there's Chandan and Luminmorn. Neal said that he needs a break and I understand that. He said that he might want to play again later, after his "break". His options are to 1) play Chandan again, rejoining the party later or 2) Make a different PC or 3) Not rejoin. As for Pandemonium, I'm a little concerned about starting out with something he can't keep up with. He opted in, but he's been very scarce. I stared the Epilogue thread several weeks ago and he hasn't posted once. We all go through phases and nobody needs to explain themselves and I like playing with him. So I've got a plan for how to put both Chandan and Luminmorn on ice (so to say), ready for thawing if and when either Neal and or Pande are ready to rejoin in the future they can and will be welcome.

You might be curious as to the transition to SKT. As I mentioned a while back, a 5-year project was implemented this week. I've clocked about 80 hours work since Friday morning. We're just approaching the down-slope of effort but we have a number of major waves of work coming up and we've already encountered bumpy roads due to the scope of this implementation. That's going to continue to cause headaches and sap my time and energy. I'm also starting a new FTF campaign and have much work to do for that. That means I won't ready to kick off SKT for a couple of weeks and we will have more slowdowns. Slow doesn't mean dormant.

-Nep
Neptune #973494 Fri 07/06/19 08:39 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
I'm working with Opera 3, which is borderline abandonware, but it was bought and paid for a long time ago so continues to be an adequate if clunky solution. We've been assessing Sage 200, SAP and Monitor over the past few years but haven't picked a direction yet.

But this current update I'm working on requires a reconfiguration of the server app and dbase, so we effectively have to install a new iteration of the software on the same hardware, configure it as needed, then port the data across from the old iteration. The business will probably be offline for most of a working day, so some planning involved.

LMP-wise, I definitely want to post a last scene for Chandan, whether he returns or not in SKT. smile

I've thoroughly enjoyed playing him, and taking him from broken, drunken vagabond, to a man with a new sense of inner peace and belonging, all via the therapeutic process of punching bad guys in the face.

I've enjoyed being a player too, which I've not done enough of on DreamLyrics. Thank you, Neptune, for having me on board! grin Thanks to the rest of crew also, for not throwing me overboard.

There's just something that inherently works for me with a traditional D&D game. At one time I would've put it down to nostalgia, but actually I think it's the distinct combination and delineation of 'role-playing' and 'gaming'. Playing D&D I feel it's OK---preferable even---to geek out on the combat mechanics, and then when combat's over, you can shift gears for some character role-play. It gives the game a steady change of pace.

There's obviously something about D&D that works for a great many players. It wouldn't still be going so strong if it was just relying on its brand.

I think I'd really enjoy yours, Neptune, and Zeim's regular ftf sessions!

Neptune #973505 Fri 07/06/19 12:30 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera still wants to hear from Halia. Might influence her decisions smile

Neptune #973516 Fri 07/06/19 14:07 UTC
M
M
Well ... Bern is looking forward to some 'quality time' in the Cormanthor Forrest. Beyond that ... well ... he will wait and see what sort of 'offers' he gets.

MikeD
Neptune #973542 Fri 07/06/19 20:24 UTC
Ryssa feels she needs to report in with her old cleric - Athelor - who had trained and mentored her in the service of Lathander.

Also, however, she is interested in the Harpers and would like to learn more about them - all of this before she rejoins her compatriots of Phandelver.

She would really miss Chandan, though.

Neptune #978699 Fri 30/08/19 13:37 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Alrighty, moving to Hall of Fame. smile

Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,696
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy