Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Phoenix Prime, Miales), 5 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#126468 Tue 06/11/01 16:56 UTC
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules for Shicargo

Shicargo is a game played by 2 or more people who take their turns rolling ten standard six-sided dice while working their way down the score sheet in hopes for the highest score. Unlike other dice games where players roll up to 3 times and then determine which slot to put their points, in Shicargo, players are rolling for the same thing each round... and with as many rolls as the dice will allow as long as they continue rolling playable dice.

When rolling dice for Shicargo, the following format works to produce the results for 10 seperate 6 sided dice rolls:

d6,d6,d6,d6,d6,d6,d6,d6,d6,d6

In The Action Descriptin Field, please note your roll number and how many dice you are re-rolling. For examples:

Game 1 Turn 1 Roll 1
Game 1 Turn 1 Roll 2 Re-roll 9
Game 1 Turn 1 Roll 3 Re-roll 8
Game 1 Turn 1 Roll 4 Re-roll 6
Game 1 Turn 1 Roll 5 Re-roll 3

Please remember to put the Game Number and Turn Number into the Game Turn field. It makes it easier for the ol' moderators to check rolls.

In the following Shicargo Score Sheet, note that "pd" stands for playable dice. Playable dice are any dice that equal what a player is rolling for that turn. For example; if Someone rolled three 1s, a 2, two 3s, a 4 and three 6s in round 1, then Someone would have 3 pds (ones). Someone's turn would continue with a roll of unplayable dice as long as Someone keeps rolling a playable dice (ones, in this case). As soon as Someone stops rolling pds, then Someone's points are tallied and his/her turn passes to the next player. As you can see, this game is progressive in both play and points.

Shicargo Score Sheet<blockquote id="code"><hr>

<pre style="{font-family:Courier}">--------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
Player | Who | Me | Me too| Why | | |
--------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------|
Ones 1xpd | | | | | | |
Twos 2xpd | | | | | | |
Threes 3xpd | | | | | | |
Fours 4xpd | | | | | | |
Fives 5xpd | | | | | | |
Sixes 6xpd | | | | | | |
--------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
Pairs 7xpd | | | | | | |
Triples 8xpd | | | | | | |
Quads 9xpd | | | | | | |
Quints 10xpd | | | | | | |
3+ Strt 11xpd | | | | | | |
4+ Strt 12xpd | | | | | | |
5+ Strt 13xpd | | | | | | |
6+ Strt 14xpd | | | | | | |
7+ Strt 15xpd | | | | | | |
Shicargo! 200 | | | | | | |
Shicargo! 300 | | | | | | |
Shicargo! 400 | | | | | | |
Singles | | | | | | |
Sets | | | | | | |
Straights | | | | | | |
Shicargos | | | | | | |
Total Score | | | | | | |
--------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+</pre>

<hr></blockquote id="code">Play begins at the top of the list with players working their way down.

Singles
The first box, ones through sixes, are called Singles, These are worth the least amount of points since they are easier to get. (Players can score with a single pd.) Who's turn continues as long as Who continues rolling pds in each roll. If Who has rolled all 10 dice as pds, Who's points are banked while Who re-rolls all 10 dice again is if starting his/her turn over. When Who has a roll that ends with no pds, Who's points are added to the banked ones and Who's score is doubled for that round.
  • Who's first roll is 3211645121, or 1111-223456
  • Who keeps the 1s, re-rolls the rest for 163432 for 1111123346
  • Who keeps the 1s, re-rolls the rest for 41132 for 1111111234
  • Who keeps the 1s, re-rolls the rest for 661 for 1111111166
  • Who keeps the 1s, re-rolls the rest for 11 for 1111111111
  • Who banks 10 points (1xpd) and re-rolls all for 1122334456
  • Who keeps the 1s, re-rolls the rest for 26635422 NO PDs!
  • Who's turn ends with 10(banked)+2(rolled pds)x2=24 points

Now its Me's turn:
  • Me's first roll is 2345512516, or 11-22345556
  • Me keeps the 1s, re-rolls the rest for 23556466 for 1123455666
  • Me's turn ends because there were no pds in that last roll
  • Me scores 1x2(pds)=2 points.

Sets
The next box contains Sets. Pairs (2 of a kind), Triples (3 of a kind), Quads (4 of a kind) and Quints (5 of a kind) are all considered Sets. When rolling Sets, each roll must contain a sought after Set in order to continue their turn. Note: Players cannot hold back lesser sets and roll in hopes of filling them.
  • Me Too! rolls for Triples and gets 1122345666, a Triple in 6s
  • Me Too! keeps 6s, re-rolls the rest for 1112356 a Triple in 1s
  • Me Too! keeps 1s & 6s, re-rolls the rest for 3456
  • Me Too!'s turn ends with 8x6(pds)=48 points in Triples

Straights
The next box contains Straights; 3+ (3 or more dice) Straight, 4+ (4 or more dice) Straight, 5+ (5 or more dice) Straight, 6+ (6 or more dice) Straight and 7+ (7 or more dice) Straight. This section can be tricky, so be careful! Players must roll the minimum straight requirement for that particular turn in order to continue their rolls. When an initial roll creates a Straight with the number of dice needed for that straight requirement (3+, 4+, 5+, 6+ or 7+) they are free to continue rolling as long as they continue rolling either end of the straight. Note, that 1s come after 6s to continue the straight in this section so a 10 dice straight could look like this: 4561234561.
  • Why? rolls for 5+ Straight and gets 4624135266, or 6123412246
  • Why? keeps the 5pd Straight, re-rolls the rest for 6123456133
  • Why? keeps the 8pd Straight, re-rolls the 3s for 43. No pds!
  • Why?'s turn ends with 13x8pd=104 points on 5+Straight

Shicargos
The last box before the scores is for Shicargos. A Shicargo is what happens when all 10 dice are the same. Since Shicargo rounds are played like the Singles rounds, players need not get a Shicargo in one roll. However, after their initial roll, they must claim which number they will continue rolling. Claims should be whatever number the player has rolled the most of since a claim is what the player is rolling for to get Shicargo. A player's turn ends when the dice fail to roll the player's claim. If the player failed to match all 10 dice, he scores 000 for that round. If he matches all dice and gets Shicargo, he scores the appropriate points for that round and ends his turn. Note: players have 3 opportunities to get Shicargo with progressive point accumulation.

It's Fun!

If there are any questions or a need for clarification, please ask.

Shicargo is my own creation, loosely based on a combination of various dice games I've played in the past. Maybe I should give it to Cheapass. In addition to "Devil Bunny Needs a Ham", they could add "Devil Bunny Gets Shicargo!" grin

#126469 Tue 06/11/01 17:12 UTC
Can you build on eother end of a straight? For example, if you have 612 for a 3+ straight, and rolls 3,4,4,5,1,1,1 for their re-roll, can they clami that as 4561234 now and just reroll the 3 1s for their next go?

#126470 Tue 06/11/01 17:14 UTC
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep.. told ya straights were tricky. smile

#126471 Tue 06/11/01 17:18 UTC
A
A
Some questions on the rules Twi:

1) Rolling for sets --
What happens if you don't have enough dice to possibly make a set? is your
turn automatically over?
[i.e. rolling for triples.. I manage 3 sets (say 1's, 4's and 5's).
I now only have one die left.
Is that the end of my turn? or is there a way to keep going (like banking
in the singles round?)

2) Straights --
Are you always just building off one single straight?
or if I'm in 5+ straight can I claim 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5 as
two 5+ straights (even though it's not a 10 long straight)?

3) Sets again --
Can I only claim exact size sets? I.e. if I'm rolling for pairs
and roll 3 of a kind.. can I claim all 3 dice, or only 2 of them?

Definitely sounds like fun though. [although I can see a LOT of 0's in
things like quints and 7+ straights off the start]

-- C'ur A'lduin
#126472 Tue 06/11/01 18:18 UTC
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Answers to the Alduin's questions:<blockquote id="quote"><hr>

1) Rolling for sets --
What happens if you don't have enough dice to possibly make a set? is your turn automatically over? [i.e. rolling for triples.. I manage 3 sets (say 1's, 4's and 5's). I now only have one die left.
Is that the end of my turn? or is there a way to keep going (like banking
in the singles round?)

<hr></blockquote id="quote">It's the end of your turn. Banking is only allowed for Singles. Once you've rolled as many pd sets as the dice allow, your turn is finished. Left over dice are just extra cargo.<blockquote id="quote"><hr>

2) Straights --
Are you always just building off one single straight?

<hr></blockquote id="quote">Yes.<blockquote id="quote"><hr>

or if I'm in 5+ straight can I claim 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5 as two 5+ straights (even though it's not a 10 long straight)?

<hr></blockquote id="quote">No. A Straight must be a string of consecutive numbers containing at least as many pds as required for that round. Even though that combination consists of 2 5+ Straights, it counts as only 1 5+ Straight and you'd need to roll at least a 6 for either side to continue.<blockquote id="quote"><hr>

3) Sets again --
Can I only claim exact size sets? I.e. if I'm rolling for pairs and roll 3 of a kind.. can I claim all 3 dice, or only 2 of them?

<hr></blockquote id="quote">Sets must be complete sets to count towards points -- no more no less. In your example, you'd claim only the pair and re-roll the remainders, hoping for more pairs.<blockquote id="quote"><hr>

although I can see a LOT of 0's in things like quints and 7+ straights off the start

<hr></blockquote id="quote">Maybe, but with using 10 dice for each initial round the odds of getting them are a bit better. Some folks will get them, some will score 00s, but that's normal with other dice games. smile

#126473 Sun 11/11/01 22:22 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
When a straight reaches exactly 6, does the player need to decide exactly where it starts/ends before making more rolls, and (more importantly) how should that be indicated in the dice roller here?

#126474 Mon 12/11/01 16:21 UTC
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good question, Argus. After giving it some thought, it seems fair that on a 6+ Straight, players need to announce which way that straight is going by listing which number they want as high.
  • 1,2,3,4,5,6 would be 6 high, re-rolling 4 dice for a 1 or 6 to continue
  • 2,3,4,5,6,1 would be 1 high, re-rolling 4 dice for a 2 or 1 to continue
  • 3,4,5,6,1,2 would be 2 high, re-rolling 4 dice for a 3 or 2 to continue
  • 4,5,6,1,2,3 would be 3 high, re-rolling 4 dice for a 4 or 3 to continue
  • 5,6,1,2,3,4 would be 4 high, re-rolling 4 dice for a 5 or 4 to continue
  • 6,1,2,3,4,5 would be 5 high, re-rolling 4 dice for a 6 or 5 to continue

Somewhere in the description field of the dice roller, players should post their claimed high. For example, suppose the first roll nets the 6+ Straight for that round. Player decides to claim 4 as high (hoping for a 5 or 4 to continue the straight). The dice roller description field could look like: 6 Straight roll 2 4 High re-roll 4 or anything similar as long as the moderators can determine what you're rolling for and what you claimed as high dice from the previous roll.

Moderated by  Alduin, Argus, eclaasse, Gypsy, Weez 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Neptune
Neptune
New City,NY,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,436
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy