Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dugan), 41 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1041065 Fri 24/02/23 12:22 UTC
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Some time later, Ben receives a knock on his door.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He gets up from the bed where he had been stretched out, relaxing and thinking about everything that had happened.

"Hold on a moment." he calls out, slipping on his shirt and heading over to the door and opening it.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Paul is standing there.

“Hey Ben I’m not entirely sure what this is about, but Grey is waiting outside the dorm and she said that you likely want to come with her. Right now. Her words.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Grey? Oh, okay. Let me slip on my shoes." he said, turning to get his feet into the tennis shoes and then follow Paul to meet up with Grey outside.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey is standing outside, actually dressed up in a suit. The sort of suit he usually saw on lawyers.

“Thank you Paul. That will be all.”

Once Paul leaves, she turns again to Ben.

She sounds tired, or something very much like it.

“I have managed to arrange something for you, if you want it. I have called in a few favors. I have secured a conversation with your mother. One of the conditions will be that I have to be monitoring the conversation. I apologize for that and realize that it might not be what you wanted, but it was the only way the conversation would happen at all. This conversation will be remote. It will not be face to face. It would, in fact, be through me. Your mother’s permission for my intrusion has already been secured. The other part of the process would be your agreement. That is completely up to you.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

His face expresses his surprise but also his flash of hope to be able to speak with his mother again.

"Of course!" he agreed immediately. "What do I need to do?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey:

“Again, I will emphasize that this will not be a private conversation. They weren’t going to let that happen, and it took some arm twisting and frankly blackmail to get through what I’m doing. What is going to happen is that I am going to touch your mind, and then I am going to touch hers, and I am going to act as a conduit. This will be, mor or less, in what you might term a mindscape. It will feel real. I will not, however, be probing any deeper into your mind. Do you understand the above? If you do, then I can proceed when you are ready.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He nodded, eager to see his mother in whatever format they could manage.

"Go ahead Ms. Grey."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
She leads him to the elevator.

“For purposes of this we will be in the testing chamber, because there the dampening field will allow for me to do what I am doing. I will only be projecting both you and your mother into an imaginary mindscape. There, you will be able to talk. I will be present and aware. And if Eidolon wishes to interfere, then I will make his like interesting.”

As they get off, she pulls out a chair.

“Make yourself comfortable. I suggest, perhaps, laying your arms and head on the table as if you were going to take a nap.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He nodded and took a seat at the table, crossing his arms before him and rested his head on them.

"Okay, I am ready I think."

Last edited by KenSeg; Thu 09/03/23 22:35 UTC.
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
She sits across from him and concentrates … and soon he feels a tingling sensation come over him. His vision fades … and he fades into what looks like a hotel lobby, with padded chairs and soft indistinct music. Sitting in a chair is his mother, not in her ‘villain’ garb but looking more or less normal, if on the haggard side.

Mother

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He looks around to find himself in a hotel lobby, a not uncommon event for him as they had traveled often and always enjoyed staying at five star hotels. He tuned out any other distractions as he saw his mother sitting across from him in another padded leather chair. She looked worn and tired and he felt his heart sink a little at the sight.

"Mom?" he said hopefully.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Her voice sounds tired, but also like her.

“Yes, Ben. I’m sorry that we couldn’t get you away from all this. Come and sit by me?”

Grey appeared to be standing against the wall, just in ‘sight’ as a reminder that she was there.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He picked up his chair and took it around to sit next to his mother, reaching to hold her hand.

"I have missed you and dad so much! Are you okay?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
She makes a wry face.

“I would say that is a loaded question, Ben. I think we would both agree that my situation, however much it is my fault, is less than ideal. We are in prison, and it is not the nicest place, although they are not precisely abusing us. I’m not sure that they would dare.”

At that she does allow a slight smirk, which quickly fades.

“My main concern, however, has been you. How you are doing. How you are being treated. Are you … ok?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"I am fine mom. They brought me to a school of sorts for those like us. They want to make sure that we know what we can do and no mess up. Don't worry, the instructors are pretty nice people. I am under no duress except that I can't leave here until I turn 18." he told her.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Remind me Ben, to tell you to never be on the wrong side of some of those nice people. They can be dangerous. But … they’re letting me see you.”

She pauses a long while.

“Ben, you remember your reading? It’s very important. Especially.”

And here she meets his eyes directly.

“The picture of Dorian Grey. Remember we were going over it last time we were together?”

She seems very intense right now.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
OOC: Okay Art, is this ringing any bells?

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Ooc: they had done some studies on the story, and in specific related it to a certain class of super powers regarding energy transfer and what happens to both parties, and it’s limitations and benefits. It was relatively recent and had seemed oddly out of place then too.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He looked slightly confused but nods.

"Yes mother, I remember." he said, trying to piece together what she is trying to tell him.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Perhaps you should discuss it with your current teachers. I think they may have some insight.”

There is another brief pause.

“Ben … I want you to understand … we never meant for things to come to this. You…everything is for you. Do you understand?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

His voice caught for a moment and he nodded, unshed tears glistening in his eyes.

"I know mom. Dad and you have always done everything for me. I love you and I will make you proud of me. I hope that they let me visit you guys some time...in person. But I won't ever forget mom." he said, voice getting a bit rough.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Ben. Things may get worse before they get better. Be prepared. Promise me you will be careful and that you won’t go out on your own. Promise me that. If nothing else.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He looked at her, tears starting to fall down his cheeks.

"I promise mom. You promise me to hold on. I will get you out of there somehow. There was to be a way."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mom:

“Ben”, she says quietly, “I deserve to be here. I think we both know that I’ve done things I shouldn’t have, whatever my reasons.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,695
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy