Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gypsy, Miales, nem), 14 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Cadence Marie Weathers
Forsaken

Cadence nodded at the mention of less than perfect parents. She had loved her Mom and Dad. Umm, she still loved them. That moment of angst stung Cadence's heart. They weren't perfect but they had tried their best and sacrificed so much for her. She was only learning to appreciate them as she had gotten into her later teens and away from the self centered world that all normal teens experience as they grow up. But, what did this word "Normal" mean?

Cadence then realized that Mariel might have been talking about Alchemy. Cadence's jaw tightened. Alchemy's quest for perfection and her demands for absolute obedience and compliance were not a journey toward anything except her own megalomania.

"Umm... my Mom told me that life is got to have mistakes and even regrets. We have to have them so we can see how far we've come on the way to being who we were meant to be." There was a moment of wistful remembrance and the emotion showed on the girl's face. "I guess I never really knew what she meant... until now."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel

“Wish I could have known them. Your real parents seem like they would have been worth knowing.”

A moment more of silence.

“Just something to know, it may seem minor but … Alchemy’s real name is simply ‘Sarah’. Nothing cool, nothing intimidating. Nyx is simply Talia. I find sometimes that thinking of things by their real names removes some of their power over my thoughts. I never gave up my real name - I never saw the point. In the end, you are what you do. Phase is what I do. Mariel is who I am - Cadence.”

She offers her a hand up.

‘Now I do believe we mentioned dinner.”

Cadence Marie Weathers
Forsaken

There an was emphasis in how Mariel used Cadence's name. Mariel wanted her to mark that moment, to hear that name, Cadence's name. Saying it out loud made it real again, important. Combined with other 'real' names, it signified a semblance of normalcy. But... There was also an offering of equity in knowing Alchemy and Nyx's real names because it reduced their power over her. It lessened the strength of their hold over her in the connection their names had with the name they gave her... Forsaken. The Forsaken to be exact.

Cadence saw the offered hand. She had been reluctant to engage in any physical contact since arriving. Hadasha was the only one she really let touch her so far. But mariel offered a hand. To cadence it could have been seen as a ploy to use powers against her, or to find some way to subvert her and control her. Physical touch was something Nyx had 'taught' Cadence to be wary about allowing. Not that Cadence could ever stop Nyx, but she learned as best she could to defend against the assaults and lessen the pain as much as she could. But cadence could also see, now, that mariel was opening herself up as well in offering a physical connection. Trust.

Cadence slowly reached up and accepted the hand in her own as she cradled the book in the other. As much as she wanted to run right back to her room and start reading this book, start learning something real about the heart of her powers, she knew that accepting Mariel's overture's was much more important right now. Not only to show the other grown-ups(gatekeepers, guards, wardens, teachers... whatever they were in whatever this place was) that she had made a connection, but also for her own sense of self acceptance and growth.

"Okay," she said with a bit of wistfulness and glance at the book again. "Can I keep this with me for now then?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

“Absolutely you can, Cadence. I consider it to be Your property as well, in a way. You and Anne are part of the circle of effect of ‘father’, therefore all of his effects are at least partly connected to you.”

OOC: Art, we can keep going. Or we can move to the next scene. Dinner? Powers test? Back in the Girl's Common Room? I leave it to you to decide how to proceed as you manage any other timelines. I will work with whatever you want or need to do.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
(Two routes: powers or meeting another person at dinner)(I’ll have it soon, long week.)

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Thu 01/09/22 10:21 UTC.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,475
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy