Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gypsy, Miales), 14 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mina Offline OP
Mayhem Inc.
OP Offline
Mayhem Inc.
[Linked Image from btsb.com]

In the village of Gavaldon, every 4 years, on the eleventh night of the eleventh month, two children at the age of 12 and older are abducted by an unknown force into the surrounding Endless Woods.

What happens to them remains a mystery... until their tales are told. Books somehow delivered to the village bookshop tell their fate years after they disappeared.

One child appears as a hero in the stories. The other a villain.

It's a tale as old as time... a song as old as... wait wrong story. No this story is about Sophie, a lovely young girl who dreams of being a princess, finding true love and living happily ever after. This story is about Agatha an awkward girl who lives in a cemetery, and dreams about... being left alone.

Their story begins on the eleventh night of the eleventh month.

But their story is one they will write themselves, with the roles that they determine to play, in the School for Good and Evil.

Last edited by Mina; Fri 07/10/22 18:33 UTC.

Jinkies!
Mina Offline OP
Mayhem Inc.
OP Offline
Mayhem Inc.
I have to say that my expectations for this movie are HIGH. Hopefully not too high, but I am so wanting to fall in love with this!

I read the book series, and fell in love with the world and the characters. The themes of the books range from finding courage to be yourself, to being best friends even when the world tells you not to be.

Oh, yeah... and true love. Cannot forget True Love!

But this is a fairytale where true love is not the main point, and I really liked that.

The only complaint I have for the trailer, and it is a minor complaint... the casting. Agatha is too pretty. In the books (the first one especially) she is awkward average leaning towards plain (she has large bulging eyes in the book), and it is really her strength of character that carries Agatha into the hearts of the readers. She was a very relatable character. Sophie... not as relatable, but I loved her as her story progressed.

Anyone else a fan? Or, or if not yet... I hope you will be, and I really do hope that this movie will be a huge success, and meet my expectations.

But other than the issue with Agatha being too pretty, the bits of the world that I saw in the trailer really do fit with the scenes I had in my mind as I read the books. Some changes, but I think they have done a pretty good job of trying to capture the feeling of the books.

Jinkies!
M
M
Not to throw =too= much cold water ... but I have =yet= to see a movie that was as good as the book ... assuming the book was good. I =have= seen movies made from 'not so good' books that were decent <g>

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Funny how it generally works, the worse the book is the better the movie.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
That's usually the case, MikeD, though I can think of one exception. Spielberg's Jaws is far better than the trashy novel it was based on. I guess it's the exception that proves your rule. smile

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
I read the first two books I remember. I liked them and will give the movie a chance.

Mina Offline OP
Mayhem Inc.
OP Offline
Mayhem Inc.
Mike, I am not expecting the movie to be as good as the book. I just want a good movie smile

Jinkies!
M
M
Well ... I don't blame you there <g> I =always= want a good movie too <wink>

MikeD

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,814
Posts139,429
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy