Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 7 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mina Offline OP
Mayhem Inc.
OP Offline
Mayhem Inc.
HHmm what can I say? I love the franchise, and I did enjoy the latest movie.

Cons: The ending felt rushed. The showdown between Dumbledore and Grindelwald was a long time coming and very anti-climactic. The end conflict felt like it was rushed. Not enough Tina Goldstein and Newt though. This might be the last Fantastic Beasts movie since the others have not been greenlit yet, and if it is, then the end battle just felt a bit flat for me.

Pros: The movie was FUN. Lot of throwback spells and scenes to the original Harry Potter books/movies along with iconic elements: Hogwarts, Quidditch, . Lot of screen time for two of my favorite characters though, Walter and Queenie. If this IS the last Fantastic Beasts movie, then it did a good job of pulling together a lot of loose threads and tying up storylines.

Final Verdict: I would watch it again, and enjoy all the little details that I did not see the first time.

Jinkies!
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Thanks Mina! smile

Online Content
I felt the same Mina. It was fun and I liked Mikkelsen in the role. I also enjoyed the American professor, especially her dynamic with Jacob, and Newt's brother was pretty amusing this time around.

They certainly tied up everything they could but my sense was they were rushing to resolve it all. You mentioned the final battle, but the Clarence storyline was also a bit anti-climactic for me. All his plot development seemed to have either already happened between movies or was happening off-screen, making the reveal and resolution a bit of a letdown.

I enjoyed Queenie's character, it's just a bit of a shame her choice to join Grindelwald in the last movie was very quickly revealed to be an impetuous decision she almost immediately regretted. I thought there would be a bit more conflict between her and the other characters, but since Tina was barely in the movie and nobody else but Jacob seemed that bothered, it just didn't really work out that way.

It didn't help that Grindelwald was written to be essentially a proto-Voldemort in this movie (which admittedly was hinted at in the last movie). But it made Queenie's decision to join him quite inexplicable.

Overall a fun movie but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was the last in the Fantastic Beasts franchise.

M
M
I agree with your 'closing line' LeBarge. It certainly felt like 'they' wanted to 'close it all down' <sigh>

MikeD
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Guess I'll still watch it! smile

Mina Offline OP
Mayhem Inc.
OP Offline
Mayhem Inc.
Gypsy, it is a fun movie, really. But from the stories the whole Dumbledore vs Grindelwald battle, I expected more. But if they do more movies, then I guess we might see an epic showdown at some point. With an uncertain future, it was nice that they tried to wrap things up.

Jinkies!
Online Content
Yeah, I'd still recommend it Gypsy. Like Mina said the background of the Dumbledore v. Grindelwald story sounded better than the execution, but the story this time was interesting and the ending a sweet conclusion to Newt and Queenie's stories.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Thanks! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,813
Posts139,427
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy