Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (AquaDyne), 27 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1022334 Sun 21/11/21 23:24 UTC
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
As he left from eating and headed back towards the common room, he was approached by Carver.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He looks up from his path towards the common room to notice Carver approaching him and stops.

"Can I help you?" he asks, obvious that the man wants to talk to him.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Ben, I take it you have heard about, and from your parents. I know you have talked to your family lawyer.”

He holds up a hand.

“No, I don’t know what was said, however, I suspect I know some context - and I have had a look at circumstances using my own particular talents and think you might want to know what I saw.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Never turn down information. One of the first lessons of my business class. Please sir, what can you tell me?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“I have explained this to one other student so I will explain it to you as well. I think you deal in manipulating and perceiving waveforms. Magnetism. Sound. Light. Changing their intensity and manifestation. Most of that side is in the realm of regular physics. Some of the rest, however gets a bit more complicated. Into quantum physics and other, more esoteric sciences. Specifically the ability to perceive and on a limited basis interact with probability waveforms. Are you with me so far?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Of course. Gravitational waves are the basis of my one ability. My teleportation is folding space. At least that is what I believe it to be. Almost like creating a mini Einstein-Rosen bridge from one point to another."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“So you could say, Ben, that power wise you and I are cousins of a sort. So one thing I can view is probability waveforms. View the river of time and the various branches, streams and eddies. It isn’t precisely telling the future. My brain wouldn’t be capable of interpreting things to that level even if things were that stable. But I can see change points, shatter points and some probabilities.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He nodded at the man's explanation of his powers. Knowledge was always a valuable commodity. No more so than in his current situation.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carver

“So certain people are by nature nexuses. Grey would call them ‘Shatterpoints.’ People around whom many different probability lines gather. The large rocks in the stream which, when they move, alter the current of the river significantly. “

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"I am familiar with the theory. We studied it in philosophy last year." he said, waiting to see what Carver's point was. He suspected but it was best to just let the man get it out.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carver.

“This place. Is filled with them. I showed up here to help when I realized it. I can’t tell you why for many of you, although I can hazard guesses. You are important, in some manner. In your case I would say the obvious connection is your parents. For others it may be different. There is a tangle coming soon, and it could be an ugly one. And I think that you, Ben, will be one of several right in the eye of the storm.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"If you are going to be in the game, best to be in the middle of it. From what you all have said my parents got involved in all of this because of me. It sounds like I might owe some payback to those that created this mess." he said.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
He smiles slightly … then frowns.

“Be very careful, Ben, thinking in terms of,payback. It can lead to quite ugly places if you are not careful. Places you don’t want to go. Places which sometimes there is no coming back from.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"I might not have a choice Mr. Carver. At least that is what I am picking up from some of the conversations. Best that I be as ready as possible for that moment."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carver

“Be ready, Ben. But try not to play the payback game. Make things right, fix matters. Protect others from the same damage you suffered. But remember that the passion for revenge should never blind you. There are some people who are so warped by the pull of the silken cord of their past that in attempting to sever it they tie a new one. You can hate until you see through a chink in their armor, a crack in their shell, nailed down and writhing in self created torment. And then their ending, Ben, is a mercy not a revenge. Revenge damages both the avenger and the avenged upon. Do not let it be your reason.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"My parents raised me to be smarter than that sir. Control is important when you deal with something as powerful as gravity so you learn to control your passions early if you don't want to accidently kill someone."

KenSeg #1032625 Sun 24/07/22 22:01 UTC
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
carver

“I am glad to hear that Ben. Revenge is a sucker’s game. “

He thinks for a while.

He sees a twinkle of blue and and image, albeit a faint one, in a mirror on the wall. And Ben is pretty sure no one is there to cast a reflection.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sun 24/07/22 22:02 UTC.
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He frowns and steps into Carver's side, then drops three G's of gravity in the room around them but not including them.

"Someone is here."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carver

The man looks sidelong at the mirror … and perhaps unexpectedly sighs.

“Carmen. You may as well show yourself completely. Your mother will be upset that you decided to disobey her instructions, but that milk is now spilt.”

The image in the mirror firms up into solidity, then steps through, wincing at the increased weight, leaning against the wall for support.

“Ben, meet Carmen Sorensen. Daughter of Mariel and a troublemaker. In other words, her mother’s daughter.”

She was wearing black jeans and a black sweatshirt, and a bit of a half smirk.

“Hey, Ben. What’s cooking?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

Upon seeing that Carver knew the girl, he released the increased gravity to unburden the smirking girl.

"Hello Carmen, nice to meet you." he said with a nod. "Movement through reflections huh? Cool."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carmen

“Oh, not that simple. For example …”

She reaches down, touches an electrical receptacle and then pops out of a nearby lamp.

“Could go through your phone, through a spotlight …”

She disappears in blue sparkles as a radio snaps to life, and her voice comes out.

“A radio.”

And then she appears again coming through the mirror.

“Something to do with energy and waves. I’m sure Big C here or mother could describe it better than me. Not that smart and sciencey myself. It it does expedite my getting around.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Fascinating!" he says, watching as the blue haired girl pops around the room. "Matter conversion to energy and back. Have you tried influencing electronics?" he asked.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carver

He smiles just slightly.

“Carmen … I’m going to leave this room and pretend I didn’t see you, because I don’t want to have that particular argument with your mother, I’m certain you are in no danger from Ben, at any rate. Ben, just don’t invoke the wrath of Mariel and I’m sure you will be fine. If you need anything, let me know.”

He backs out of the room.

Carmen tilts her head sideways.

“Never considered attempting that. I mean, I don’t know electronics all that well. Mom. She’s the genius. I think that my talents aren’t my brains.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Sounds like your mother has a reputation." he said with a faint grin, glancing at the retreating Carver. "So how long have you been here?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carmen

“Well, it IS my home, so since I was born? 17 years. I mean, I guess it was grandad’s home and mother inherited. I usually stick to the parts of the home which aren’t used for …”

She motions around. “You guys, but I have to admit curiosity and all. Especially as I think some of this batch might be cousins or something.”

“As for mom, I mean, she did say her nickname was ‘trouble’ growing up, so …”

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gypsy
Gypsy
Pidley, Cambs, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,820
Posts140,325
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy