Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (LaBerge, Miales), 13 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1017617 Mon 09/08/21 22:40 UTC
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
[img]https://i.imgur.com/CL32XSt_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium[/img]

Erica Sanchez was a matronly, older, good natured piranha. She gave an impression of gentleness, but could be quite ruthless.

She was waiting in a private room, her briefcase beside her.

“Yes, Ben? What might I do for you.”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Mon 09/08/21 22:41 UTC.
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He came in and took a seat across from her at the table, folding his hand together before himself.

"Thank you for coming Miss Sanchez. I have been given some information that I need to verify as accurate. I have been told that I was to be born with genetic defects and that my parents engaged in an agreement with certain individuals to make corrections. That in payment they began to perform certain illegal activities as recompensation for this treatment. I need to know if this is true or if the people that I am currently being held by are providing false information." he said quietly.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
She pauses a long while, pulls out a few papers and checks them.

“Well. You do have a right to know now.”

She pulls out a pad, and calls up a file, sliding it across. It was a medical diagnosis.

“Chadwell syndrome. A rare genetic degenerative neurological disease, characterized by a gradual but accelerating decline at an early age in first motor function, then mental faculties, leading eventually to hallucinations or dementia. Completes it’s course before age eighteen. Standard known treatments have been ineffective. It is rare in that all known cases have been in the children of superpowered individuals. You are the only known survivor of your age.”

She pauses to let him digest that and ask questions before continuing.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He reads through the first page, glancing up at the attorney.

"Did our doctor provide you with the medical records?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
"This was provided to me for safekeeping, in case there was need. However, it was not your normal doctor, but another doctor they procured when they first suspected something was wrong. The name is Renata Sandberg, but I am afraid you are not going to be able to find her in a normal medical listing, as she is not available to the general public."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"That is alright. That is enough information on this matter to satisfy me for now. On another matter, I assume that you have made the arrangements for payments to our staff from the oversea accounts and appropriate letters of recommendation? I do not want them to suffer due to our misfortunes."

Last edited by KenSeg; Sun 05/09/21 01:58 UTC.
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“All arrangements have been made.”

She pauses.

“Mrs. Sorensen has requested interviews with several of the staff as potential hires, contingent of course on you not objecting.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

That took him by surprise but he tried to keep it off of his face as his parents had taught him. Keep your emotions to yourself. Don't give your opponent any ammunition.

"Interesting. I have no objections to the staff fielding offers from her if that is what they want. But please make sure that they understand that just because I am here they should chose freely what will be best for them."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“She did not list any catches, and from all I can see it seems she intends to offer genuine positions.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Alright then, thank you for your continued excellent work. Please give this letter to my parents with my love." he said, handing her a handwritten note that was not folded or in an envelope as he knew that it would have to be examined and read before any chance of it getting to his parents.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“I will see this safely delivered.”

She pauses a bit.

“For what my opinion is worth, Ben, I think they are honestly trying to look out for you as best they can. They have been very forthright in their dealings with me, and have not, as far as I can see, deceived me about anything in regards to your situation.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Thank you Miss Sanchez. Please tell my parents that I love them."
He smiled gratefully at her and left, heading out to see what came next in this odd new turn in his life.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Outside, as he walked, he got the eerie feeling someone was walking with him though he could see nothing.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

A faint frown came across his face as the hairs on the back of his neck prickled and he sensed someone beside him. Were any of the kids able to go invisible? Lets find out.

He increased the gravity in a twenty foot radius around him to three times normal. Enough to greatly hamper anyone else but he had been training in heavy G environments with his dad and then his own field for some time.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
A head appeared in midair, no body.

[Linked Image]

“Ow ow ow! ‘Kay, I get it. That was rude, Richie. Sorry. Wanted to get a closer look at ya. Not used to thinking about being’ seen.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He smiled and returned gravity to its normal level.

"That is alright. Just can't be too cautious Blake. After all, someone might be running around in their underwear." he said with a grin.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Blake

“Nope. I’m not in my underwear. Here, I’ll show you.”

She lets that ambiguous statement hang in the air for a moment before her face screws up in concentration and she very briefly fades into view from the top down, almost as if being printed by an old fashioned dot matrix printer. She was wearing some ripped jeans shorts and a tank top - and was actually rather attractive in the trim and athletic sense. After a brief moment longer she vanished again except for the head, a pained expression on her face.

“All of me showing is a bit of an effort. Gives me a big ol’ headache. Nothing much to see in the peep show anyway.”

After blinking a few times more, she offers a lopsided grin.

“Figure if I’ve been spying on you, only fair to return the favor.”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Wed 06/10/21 00:44 UTC.
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Looks like you have been improving in being able to be seen. I hope that they can help you here." he said with a returned grin.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Blake:

“Oh. I’ve always been able to, somewhat. It just … it’s really unpleasant so I don’t do it much. I barely even know what I look like anymore. I mean, I’ve rarely taken any look at most of me since I was little and first blinked out. Looks like you can do what you do without hurting.”

She pauses a bit longer.

“Also wanted to talk to you. Now that I’ve seen you, I’m pretty sure I have before. Seen you, I mean. Back when ‘kidu thought I might be more useful than I am.”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Wed 06/10/21 02:00 UTC.
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Oh?" he said, raising an eyebrow. "I don't remember when but then I wouldn't have seen you anyway. What can you tell me about when you saw me?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Blake

“Well. You were at a hospital. Ten or something? He wanted me to sneak in and swap out your IV bag. Several times. I did it. Whatever was in there, I gave it to you. Something he wanted in you. I’ll say I didn’t know what I was doing, but if you hate me for it, I get it.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He had vague memories of the event. After all, he had been nine and all he really remembered was how much he hated the hospital and laying there in that bed when all he wanted to do was be outside playing with his friends. Ben didn't even remember what he had been in the hospital for. Something important no doubt but he had trusted his parents to take care of those things.

Now, now it could be that it had been nothing but an excuse to experiment on him or something. Who knows.

"Hey, you were a kid too. Why would I hold anything against you. You were just doing what you were told to do." he said with a shrug.

KenSeg #1020827 Mon 11/10/21 23:21 UTC
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“‘Cause I still did it, whether I should have or not. Guess I’m supposed to be responsible for the effect I have on the world. It’s what I’m trying to tell myself. Of course, that’s if I want to be part of the world and I’m pretty sure that isn’t something in my future.”

She almost absently reaches out and brushes his cheek - or he would have the guess that’s what happened, as he feels fingers across it. Then bites her lower lip.

“Sorry. Shouldn’t have done that. Don’t know why I did.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He gave her a smile.

"Human contact. We all need it Blake. And I hope you will continue to be part of the world. It would be a sadder place without you." he said.

"Now, I don't know about you but I am going to go get something to eat. Talking to lawyers always makes me hungry."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Blake:

“First time I’ve heard of it.”

She smiles just slightly.

“I’ve heard rumor that there may be hot cinnamon rolls. Or seen, rather. You like cinnamon?”

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Zeim
Zeim
Nashville, TN, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,469
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy