Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
5 members (Vryx, Zeim, Lionhawke, Barry Mulvihill, Miales), 52 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 49 1 2 46 47 48 49
M
M
<Bern>

With the last active opponent down, he take a moment to make sure that no other threats were moving about ...

MikeD
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He's totally at home in the water regardless of its pollution but as it drains from the chamber he surfaces at speed, leaping up onto the platform like a heavily-armoured penguin, trident in hand.

Without shaking himself down he jogs to catch Kriv and back him up. Although he notices the two humans accompanying Jaliera, they are helping not hindering and that's all he needs to know about them for now.

"Up for a little more trouble?" he asks the dragonborn.

AJ Offline
Kriv

He acknowledged the triton with a respectful nod, though he looked more battered than battle-ready.

“We’ll see what trouble remains, that Aboleth-thing doesn’t strike me as the sort to leave too much in reserve when it takes to the field personally. Let’s see if we can put what we can back in its proper order.”

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
While Zhu and Davroar started retching, they were not the only ones. Bern is also ill.

OOC:
OOC: Correction made to this post. Kriv, Sindar, Jaliera and Arus are not sick.
Aquadyne, I need that medicine roll for Bronwyn.

Last edited by Neptune; Wed 27/04/22 13:54 UTC.

-Nep
Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
Bronwyn

Medicine check
AquaDyne rolled 1d20+6 and got 12

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Bronwyn surveys the chamber, still illuminated by the few light sources that the party had. It is carnage. Bodies of dead kuo-tao float in the foul water amid the tentacles and near amorphous carcass of the aboleth. From her quick glance, the battle was epic and she is amazed by the luck that was with these daring adventurers. They needed help. All of them were wounded in some manner, bleeding or badly bruised. Some were sick, likely due to having swallowed the fetid waters. The obvious symptom, vomiting, was likely sewer plague. It was something she was familiar with. But first the wounds needed tending to.

Bern looks about in the waters, looking for movement or additional threats. He is content that there is no additional threats but just seconds later he starts to vomit, joining Zhu and Davroar.

Arus joins Kriv at the doors to the the room at the far end of the chamber and neither are surprised to find two young men bound to the wall. Their skin was translucent. They were not conscious but Arus and Kriv both remember that young lord Artan was similarly afflicted and needed to be doused with water constantly to be kept alive.
OOC: Bronwyn can cast her healing spells.

Those who are retching are suffering from Sewer Plague (scroll down). It is a fast-acting version and usually not life-threatening. Those afflicted can act after spending a round heaving. As any of us who've had bad tummy sickness can attest to, it's unpleasant, but you can function when not in the throes of vomiting.

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

"Ah, now we know what happened to Artan." he comments to Kriv, who had likely noted the same.

They won't struggle to keep these two wetted at least.

"I can take care of these two, Kriv. Cast thee about for valuables; thou hath a better eye for such things than I."

M
M
<Bern>

He was about to comment when the 'urge to yak' over came as his stomach tried to empty itself of things that were not there.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
Bronwyn

While Zhu indicates some sickness beyond physical wounds, Bronwyn thinks the best first action is to heal the many injuries of those present, giving time to sort out the cause of the retching. Focusing on a point near Zhu that's within 30 feet of all those who fought and gesturing with her staff, she utters a few words. A wave of healing energy emanates in a sphere from that point, reaching Arus and Davroar to the west, Zhu and Bern to the south, and Sindar and Kriv to the east.

Mass Cure Wounds
5th level evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Target: A point of your choice within range
Components: V S
Duration: Instantaneous

A wave of healing energy washes out from a point of your choice within range. Choose up to six creatures in a 30-foot-radius sphere centered on that point. Each target regains hit points equal to 3d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

Bronwyn Mass Cure Wounds
AquaDyne rolled 3d8+6 and got 19

M
M
[[ does it have any effect on the evil taste in Bern's mouth ?? <gd&r lmao> ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Actually, a good question. It does not take care of that post-puke taste.
DM
The heroes that stayed in the battle all feel the healing power that flows from Bronwyn. Their wounds start to close, the pain recedes from their wounds.

She was satisfied until she looked closer at Zhu. Something other than the plague was afflicting the eladrin. She looked unwell, and when she looked over at Bern and Davroar she noted that of the two, Davroar looked much worse than Bern. The ranger was obviously sick to his stomach, but something about Davroar was not right.

That is when both Zhu and Davroar felt the burning start. Their skin started to burn and it hurt both of them everywhere.

OOC: Lets discuss in the OOC thread.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She makes her way to Davroar, concerned that he seems ill.

"What is it? Anything I can do?"

She is feeling guilty that she was not here helping when her friends were getting hurt, even though she knows she had no potion of water breathing and so would not have been able to help. She flashes a grateful smile at the cleric as she heals her friends wounds.

"Thank you, but what is wrong with these three?" she asks.

M
M
<Bern>

Since he seems to be in better shape than some and since he can't do much to help them, he goes back to watching for new threats ...

MikeD
AJ Offline
Kriv

The scholar nodded curtly to the Triton’s assessment. He was certainly no healer, though it seemed at least one of those with Jaleira fit the bill, looking back that way. So, a meticulous examination of this chamber duly followed, to see what else that vile thing and its minions had stashed back here.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He pulls out his water skin, and takes a deep drink of water thinking that might quell the burning sensation he is feeling all over, but the water only soothes his sore throat for a moment. His hands begin to visibly shake as he looks up to Jaliera as she approaches and replies to her in a pain-filled voice, "It's like I'm burning, but, but not by fire. Same as Artan, when we found him. Had to keep him wet the whole time during our ride here, remember?"

Davroar does not know what caused this affliction, whether it was from Oosith or from the very dirty water he was in.

"I need to get out of here. Out of this filth. Then ask around, get a healer. Quick... please?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Yes, use my water skin. Pour it over yourself."

She offers it to him.

"And we now have a healer will us."

She looks over at the cleric.

"Can you help my friend?"

Her voice is full of concern.

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods in Davroar's direction. "Yes. I am afraid I am likewise afflicted." She too recalls what helped Artan and so she stays in the water.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

If these victims are anything like Artan, it won't be injuries or lack of energy that they suffer from but Oosith's disease. And that can only be cured by a dedicated cleric.

If they need a touch of healing to get them on their feet, Arus can provide it, otherwise he cuts their bonds and ushers them to his companions.

"You are beneath the streets of Yartar." he says to them, "Go now, my friends will see you to safety but ware your footing; it is both dark and slippery in this benighted hole."

[Arus will Lay on Hands for 1 hp each if need be.

Remind me, who has the light in the party? Arus doesn't need it but others will. I think Kriv has his staff, who else?]

AJ Offline
Kriv's staff is covering the entryway, Kriv is using a lit coin here.

M
M
[[ just to reiterate ... Bern has been 'keeping watch' <g> ]]

MikeD
Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
Bronwyn

The priestess turns toward Jaliera and nods slightly. "I can, but not often. It would take a day to recover after each one, and you have four," she says as she turns back and gestures at each of Davroar, Zhu, and the two nobles. She continues. "You will need to keep the others wet, and often until they also can be healed."

After a moment's pause she adds, "I can also continue to heal the wounded. Do all please come up with a plan and I'll do my best to assist."

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
Kolbaz

The mage looks pleased at the rescue of the nobles, but has not interfered with the group nor offered any real assistance other than the light from his forehead. As Bronwyn states what she can offer, he states, with a tone of sarcasm, "I could create a large quantity of hail and melt it for fresh water, but I'm not sure that's of much use to your planning." Stepping closer to inspect the rescued nobles, he adds, "More useful, I could purify some of this sewer water for your use until we get out of these sewers, but you'll need a suitable container."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He thinks for a moment, then says, "Take care of the nobles first. If I can manage to regain my shape-shifting ability after a rest, I'll enter the river as a fish for awhile and no one would need to worry about keeping me wet."

AJ Offline
Kriv

Ever the scholar, Kriv called back,

"Out of interest, could you shapeshift into a healthy human, or similar sentient species?"

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Just use some water skins until I can return to my room. I'll spend my time in the bath there."

Page 48 of 49 1 2 46 47 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Argus
Argus
Indianapolis, IN USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,828
Posts140,450
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy