Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 10 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 49 1 2 45 46 47 48 49
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: See! Aren't you glad I made you roll your d20's? Arus is up.

After Bern slices and dices the kuo-tao, Davroar, in octopus bludgeons it with his tentacles.

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Does Roll20 show initiative order anywhere, Nep?

M
M
Maybe a thread where you can keep the current init order and maybe some other useful bits.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Yes, it does, Neal. But only if everyone rolls initiative in Roll20 and the DM makes it visible.

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 08/04/22 15:04 UTC.
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Hmm, OK I think I'll go for a conventional tactic.]

Arus

Arus tears the prongs of his trident from Oosith's dissolving, slimy flesh.

"I think I made my point." he says.

But the fight is not over yet. Fish-faced kuo-toa spellcasters lurk at the edges of the light.

With a kick of his webbed feet, Arus surges towards the kuo-toa to the north, intent on drawing its ire. His trident is levelled, his other hand clenches as he draws healing power into his triton body.

[Move and Lay on Hands on Arus, healing 20 hp.]

Last edited by nem; Fri 08/04/22 18:51 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Arus moves towards the kuo-tao at the north wall. As he moves, the merrow near there, already near death turns and flees with the flow of water through the now open drainage opening. The kuo-tao looks angrily at Arus. Finally free from the pesky crabs, it craves triton blood.
OOC: Before the kuo-tao go, it's FINALLY Jaliera's turn!

Sorry about my slowness. I've been really busy with all the guests coming to see my new grandson!

-Nep
M
M
[[ Family first buddy!! ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
I hope you got him a stuffed dragon for his crib at least! Start him off on the right foot!

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I started with a NY Yankees one-see. But a stuffed dragon is not a bad idea!

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Wait, not the Rangers, Nep??]

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
{ooc Is this the turn she took early? If so MM at nearest target.]

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
As I recall, Nep is not a big Hockey guy. Baseball, Football, and Basketball.

I am a hockey guy. Islanders (when I lived in NY), Predators now. Football and Baseball. Not big on Basketball.

M
M
See ... and I never understood the desire to watch sports on TV <shrug> But what ever works for you <vbg>

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I'll take it verbatim. There are 2 targets: The closest one (by 5 feet) which is the one you elected to attack, is surrounded by Bern, Davroar and a crab. The other is free to act, adjacent to nobody but near Arus.
Since your last damage roll was premature and also rather pathetic and poor, I'm granting you a new damage roll.

Zeim hit the nail on the head too with sports. I was an Islander fan too back in the day but when they moved all games from broadcast TV to cable and I couldn't have cable back in the 80's, I swore off hockey forever. I say that hockey abandoned me. I never really felt good about the accepted violence in the game. I cringe every time a referee allows two grown men to pummel each other silly to feed the blood lust of the audience.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Thanks, a little better wink ]

Gypsy MM damage
Gypsy rolled 1d4+1,1d4+1,1d4+1 and got 3, 2, 4

9 points on the one facing Davroar

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Jaliera finally enters the fray, shooting off magical bolts which strike the kuo-tao spellcaster. It survives the arcane assault.

OOC: Sorry. It's been a hectic time. I hope everyone had a great Easter or Passover. Kriv is up.

-Nep
AJ Offline
Kriv

With the astute, clever bringing of reinforcements by Jaleira, there was a need to bring them up to date.

"There was an Aboleth, now slain. It could control minds. Those that fled when it died appeared to be under its sway rather than serving of their own volition. These ones have no such excuse."

Kriv fire bolt at KTW1, damage
AJ rolled 1d20+6,2d10 and got 16, 8

He punctuated his comment with an incendiary spell at their sole remaining foe.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Again focusing fire on one of the two remaining spellcasting kuo-tao, Kriv blasts it with a fire bolt. It survives the blast but might not survive another.
OOC: It is the last crab's turn. Then, if any of the kuo-tao survive, they will go. Yes, there are two.

-Nep
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: OK. I think we're less than a round away from this being over so let's wrap it up. See my comment in the OOC thread please.

DM
With two of the spellcasting kuo-tao spellcasters still breathing, the party decides to focus their fire on one. It is dispatched quickly, surrounded by enemies, and fanatic about his choice to fight rather than surrender. The team grants it it's wish and sends it to Kuo-tao afterlife.

The other kuo-tao need only race as quickly as it can to the drainage and escapes through there. With it gone, there are no more enemies to fight but aside from Jaliera returning there were two others that had flown in - an elderly man and a middle age woman. They seem to have come with Jaliera, perhaps to help.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Now that the last foe has fled, and with the water draining from the room, she considers swimming over to be on top of the walkway so when it drains to that level she would be out of the pool, but for some reason her skin feels odd and the water feels soothing, so instead she swims adjacent to it so she can grab hold. She breathes deeply, but regrets it as a shard of pain from a likely broken rib reminds her how hurt she is.

Waving a hand towards the door she calls out, "Someone check on the prisoners?"

Last edited by Zeim; Tue 26/04/22 14:48 UTC. Reason: spelling
Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
Kolbaz

One of the two humans who flew down the opening when Jaliera arrived descends as the water recedes, finally landing on the walkway near the rounded center section. He is wearing a comfortable looking black robe with different color stars embroidered on it, striped yellow, blue and green cotton slippers and a puffy ruby colored felt hat. He has a wand in hand and he is wearing a headband on his forehead that spills light forward.

He glances behind him, making brief eye contact with Sindar before turning to face the door toward which Zhu waved. "Yes, someone do please finish this alleged rescue."

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
Bronwyn

The woman who arrived along with the wizard also descends above the waterline until she can stand, her eyes scanning the room to attempt to ascertain how wounded each party member is. She is wearing fine gold silk robes tied at the waist with a gold braided belt. She carried a staff and much jewelry but the most prominent was a gold chain on which a large gold coin hung.

Zhu appears to be in most need of assistance, and the priestess lands right above her, a look of satisfaction on her face. "You have demonstrated strength and valor in this challenge and it seems luck has rewarded you. May I offer you healing?"

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Remaining as a giant octopus, he will swim towards Oosith's lair and then surfaces, pulling himself out of the sewage water with his tentacles. Once he is completely out of the water, Davroar will revert back to his human form, sitting down on his butt he bends over and retches up as much of the foul water he had accidentally swallowed earlier. At the same time his concentration of his spell is lost, dismissing the last remaining giant crab.

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Recognizing a Priestess of Tymora, the Goddess of Luck, she nods wearily. "My thanks. Although I believe, beyond physical wounds, I may have contracted something from the creature we defeated."

AJ Offline
Kriv

Once the last active threats are gone, Kriv headed over to the closed doors, wary of the possibility of flooding behind them. They had a duty to fulfil, after all, and would be well remunerated should the screams they had heard not been terminal. If it seemed safe to do so, he attempted to open them.

Page 47 of 49 1 2 45 46 47 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,433
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy