Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 13 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Controlling minds is something you don’t want. I’ve been there. It isn’t a good thing. It dehumanizes you more than the person controlled.”

She seems,in deadly earnest on this.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She looked at Grey, "you have experiences I will defer to. I really don't know. I am happy to benefit from your knowledge. Thank you," she said honestly.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“I’m not sure, however, that he is with your mother in this matter. I’m not sure he is sane enough to be with anyone.”

She pauses for a brief while.

“What I think you need are some lessons in field control. While as always every powered individual is unique, there are some commonalities that can be used. In your case I think the most useful would be Carver and Mariel. You and your cousin are alike in many ways - as well as Mariel. Powers often run in spheres, and I think yours play in the same realms, albeit accessing it differently. Or at least that is how Mariel describes it. Frankly, her brain sometimes makes mine hurt.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"I can understand that. Many people make my brain hurt. It isn't that I don't get the abstract, or heck even the weird, it is just that I don't get people sometimes. My mother is a perfect example of that. For the longest time I thought I was the one that was odd, teenage rebellion etc... Now I think that maybe I am the one that was... well I am not sure I had the problem. I just don't know what it is I am."

She considered for a moment. "Carver seemed interesting, he allowed me to explore a side of my power that I thought was there, but my mother wouldn't have believed existed."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Carver, Anne, is the very definition of interesting. He has a history. Possibly more history than anyone here other than Kemp. You could do much worse than to learn from him - and not just in power manipulation. Your mother was not a teenage rebel. She was very much an expression of pure drive and desire, unchecked by morals. A narcissist in every sense of the word. Alchemy is ethos, control, grandiose. A sadist. Mariel … I think her difference is she seems to have inherited a conscience, a shoulder angel. She was called trouble but in the end I think she was troubled. You aren’t Nyx, that much is self evident. I don’t think you are much like Alchemy. You perhaps have a bit of Mariel - but in the end, I think you can just be Anne and not allow your lineage to define you.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She nodded accepting the definition that she was trying to establish in the war that was going on inside of her. "I am sure that eventually, another name might become apparent, but for now, choosing my own route is the way I can get away from whatever it is my mother was trying to make me. My powers are certainly an aspect of who I am but as you and I have discussed, choice is an important component too. After all, that is why I am here, isn't it?" There was the smallest amount of hope in her last question.

"I would be happy to learn from any of you, and I mean that. I am relatively new to this and learning where I can go is as important as to learn to who I can be. I have at least started to eliminate potential choices, things I don't want to do."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey:

“… and I can see we have visitors outside. Ben, you obviously know. The other, who is technically not supposed to be here, is Carmen, your cousin. Mariel’s daughter. If you will excuse me, I think I have to take care of something - there has been a development which I should be present for. Anne, I think you know what you need, and I will arrange those lessons. In the meantime, I leave you with these two.”

“Ben, Carmen … do come in.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

Hearing his name called out, he raised an eyebrow.

"Guess our presence is requested." he said, motioning for her to proceed him and followed behind.

"Hey." he said, looking around.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carmen

[Linked Image]

“Um … hi?”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She answered "hi," back to the young woman. Mariel's daughter had an impact on her, as she supposed Nyx's daughter would on the other. "I am called Anne," she followed up with kinda of awkwardly.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
The girl bites her lower lip lightly.

“… I really thought that once dad went away, I’d never meet any relatives again other than mom. I hoped I’d never meet my aunts. You look more … normal than I expected.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"Thank you," she offered stiffly. Almost as if she had determine if that was a compliment or not. "My mother does over shadow things a bit, but I prefer to make my own way in the world." She offered simply.

"How about you?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carmen

She makes a small face.

“Sorry, that came out wrong. I mean, I’m not sure if you are from Nyx or Alchemy, I know One of each is here, but given what I know of them you seem … normal. Not like people who call themselves gods. Like someone I could meet at school. If I went to school that is.”

“As for me … Honestly? I feel like a piece of fine China that mother is afraid will break if it escapes the cabinet..”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She nodded at the explanation. "Biologically I am the darker twin I guess. My parentage lies in my mother's domain Nyx. That is as far as it will go..." she didn't finish that sentence.

"I understand that concern philosophically," she agrees with the fine piece of China comment. "I am not sure if that is better than how I was viewed, but that is in the past...". The way that sentence ended, there is a question as if she is not sure it will stay there.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carmen wrinkles her nose a little.

“I can tell you something about mother. She is stubborn, and I don’t think she’s about to give up and let you go. I certainly wouldn’t want to get between her and what she views as her extended family.”

She bites her lip, looks over at Ben.

“… so you weren’t a China plate or a experiment?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He had been listening to the two girls discuss their past quietly, giving them the time and space to perhaps make a connection.

"No, my parents had me because they wanted a child. They are very good parents. In that I was blessed."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"That must have been nice," she said to Ben. "I feel like I was part child, part plaything, and part tool. I am not even sure I was a child exactly." She didn't say anything else about her irrational concerns about how she might have been created. Ultimately those concerns didn't matter. She existed that much was clear. If her mother wasn't gone, one day she was absolutely certain she would face Nyx and not in a friendly manner. Much of these twisted emotions played out on her face even though she didn't give them a voice yet.

As if a new thought occurred to her "Ben, if your parents... What I mean to ask is why are you here?" In might be too direct a question, but she really didn't know an easier way to ask it. She might find out some other way in time, but she wanted to be a different person than her mother, and that meant doing things differently done to actually asking questions, instead of acquiring the answers by another means.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He sighed quietly.

"Because they were arrested. My parents performed a number of criminal activities at the behest of another to compensate for medical treatments that saved my life. I was trying to rescue my mother and get her away at the courthouse when our instructors caught me. So I am here for now."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She nodded in understanding. They seemed to all have parents that had problems in one way or another. Softly she replied, "thank you for telling me."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carmen

She fidgets uncomfortably.

“So in some way you could say my mother is responsible for you being here. I’m sorry. I know it must suck. I feel a bit stupid complaining about feeling overprotected. Mother can be a bit … overwhelming when she has a mind to, but I know she wants what’s best for me.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"You are welcome Anne. I guess being here is an alternative to sunning on a beach on St. Kits." he said with a little grin.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"I understand overbearing mothers," she agreed with Carmen.

"St Kits. I have seen pictures in magazines."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carmen:

“Sunning on a beach. Hah. Would require a bathing suit, no interest. Don’t even use the pool here.”

She pauses briefly.

“It feels weird being near so much family I don’t know.”

She looks over at Ben.

“And I’m sorry you can’t be with yours.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He shrugged.

"They know that I love them and that I know they love me. I suspect my father will figure out a way to get free in time." he said. "But for now, I guess we are all here for the duration. Might as well make the best of it that we can."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carmen:

She pauses a long time.

“If he escapes … then …”

A long pause.

“Wouldn’t that be with … her. My … aunt that is?”

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
AJ
AJ
Hertfordshire, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,468
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy