Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Phoenix Prime, Miales), 34 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

The larger group takes the short walk, jostling through the Fishyard market towards the Pearl-handled Pipe with no incidents. They have little trouble finding Kriv, or better said, he has little trouble spotting them as they walk down the steps towards the dining hall. He is sitting in his fine city clothes at a different table now, a cup of his favorite beverage inches from his talon.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She waves at Kriv as they approach, unsure if they are staying or going.

M
M
<Bern>

"So now that we are all together ... what now", he asked.

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Let's see if I can help you out. You have a LOT of leads to either share, partially share or track down individually. There are rumors of things which may or may not be pieces to a larger puzzle, a strange old house and a secret society called the Kraken Society. in The main leads, however are:

• the Waterbaron Kriv and Zhu have both indicated a desire to see her.
  • Aldis, at the Lionshield Coster. Arus mentioned that he might be a connection to the...
  • Hands of Yartar who have been implicated by some. Arus knew one by name, Scimitar Sally.

Since you were split up, the sharing of information is incomplete.

You now need a plan. Remember that the current "quest" is to find out what happened to young Lord Artan Rossolio, who you found floating in the river inside a cocoon.

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

The history of the Kraken Society in Yartar takes some time to relay but relay it Arus does, while they walk.

So by the time they rendesvous with Kriv, the Dragonborn doesn't have to hear it a second time.

But once they've regrouped, Arus let's them know his plan for the morning.

"I need one of you to back me up. I visit Aldis this morn on Lionshield business but I plan to quiz his security guard about the Hands of Yartar and the Kraken Society. Her name is Scimitar Sally and she's one of the Hands."

He could go alone but that will limit his options. And as superior a race as tritons are, they don't have eyes in the backs of their heads.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Since most of what she found out regarded the Kraken Society she lets Arus explain it to the others. She does mention that she's already heard tales of their caravan journey and the attack on Triboar spreading, so they could talk about those things if they want to without it being seen as odd.

She nods to Kriv once they return and says, "We will be paying a visit to the Waterbaron. No telling how long we may have to wait to see her, so we should make up a place and a time to meet."

M
M
<Bern>

"I don't have anything in particular, so I can go with you Arus."

Last edited by Neptune; Fri 05/02/21 16:25 UTC. Reason: FIFY - Tam err.... Bern

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: The assumption is that you are all sitting at a table in the dining hall of the Pearl-handled Pipe, a short while after breakfast. Most other patrons have left, the crew is cleaning up for lunch.

-Nep
M
M
[[ if you say so <g> But we all just met in the street <wink> ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: Most of you met in the street but Kriv never left the Pipe and there was general consensus to go meet with him. This is like trying to herd cats!]

Last edited by Neptune; Fri 05/02/21 17:02 UTC.

-Nep
M
M
[[ and =old= cats at that ... meow <weg> ]]

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
[Meow... getting ready to run off to the old house.....]

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Didn't read the other thread, prefer not to where I'm not involved so no idea Kraken Soc or old house ]

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn's expression and tone were studiously neutral as he began, "I applaud Zhu for an excellent guess, or all of you for a swift search, but I strongly recommend that if any of us suddenly decide on a whim"

Cold, gold eyes passed over each of the humans in turn,

"...to head out on your own for a while, that you do the rest of us the courtesy of arranging a rendezvous afterward, so that we don't need to rely on guesses, searches, or indeed leaving someone back at the last known point of common contact before we get to work. Now, given I'm on my own and who we're going after, my bona fide:"

Kriv held a claw just above the ground and discreetly summoned the glassstaff to it horizontally, gently placing it noiselessly down.

"Not something that can easily be copied. Now, I have not been idle: Zhu, I'll fill you in on what more I was able to glean of the Water Baron's recent issues on our way there. Nothing further on the Kraken society save the name is fearsome, and a few pithy words pertaining to the Hand of Yartar, who only employ women and have a reputation for being both difficult and unwise to find. Were we able to collectively bring everyone up to speed on the way over, or are there further details that would best be urgently shared among us before we all head off?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Still seeing some looks of uncertainty, she adds to the description. "From what I can determine, the Kraken Society is a secret society of thieves, assassins and mages in the Savage Frontier. Arus has been looking for them. The local Thieves Guild is called the 'Hand of Yartar' and they are mostly, maybe all, female. Also, there is an old abandoned House on the outskirts of town that is reputed to be Haunted but might be worth looking at."

She pauses a moment, then adds: "Oh, also, I heard that at the Cointoss, if you can toss a coin through the eye slit of a helm, you earn a free drink."

She shrugs. That last meant nothing to her, but maybe some are interested.

Finally, she addresses Kriv's comment. "Well, since we aren't staying at Belabar's, and those who are not guests seem to be discouraged from waiting there, I'd suggest we meet back here", she gestures to the Pearl Handles Pipe. "Say every even numbered hour if you are not busy everyone will come back to check in? Also leave a message with the desk if no one joins you and you feel the need to go off on your own?"

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 06/02/21 19:16 UTC.
M
M
<Bern>

"I don't have anything to offer at this point. If no one else does, I think Arus and I should get going. Don't want to be out too late", he finished with a grin.

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I'll let everyone get a chance to chime in. It would be helpful if each of you indicate what your next stop will be.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Just a few additions. I have a contact in town now who is looking into things for us so there might be more later. I can confirm that the Hand are all female. My contact suggested that the Waterbaron may be more knowledgeable on the giant or noble issues but that I might not be the best person to make that approach. There are rumours about nobles disappearing but at this stage still just rumours. We have confirmed that the Doppleganger has been around recently as he was seen in the Wink and Kiss where he spent time with one of the girls. I have asked they watch for him but I'm not sure if they will tell us. Also were were advised not to make enemies of the Hand as they could be a good source of information. If we stay in town longer, we are likely to stay at Beldebar's again. Food and privacy are good. The underground area there apparently links a number of warehouses."

She pauses having ticked off the items on her fingers to make sure she didn't forget anything.

"Davroar and I were intending to ask around town about the giants to see if we could find out anything. However, we could check out this house first. And good idea on ways to keep contact Zhu."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She looks around the group and nods. "I will accompany Kriv to the Waterbaron. I had an interest in looking at the abandoned House next, so I'd be availabel to accompany any who choose to do that if they do it later on."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He has fond memories of the Cointoss.

"Maybe one for later." He says to Zhu, then nods to Bern.

It's still early---restaurants are only just clearing the decks ready for lunch---but time is pressing and they hadn't planned on a lengthy stay in Yartar.

"Come then, Bern."

Time to go. To the rest of the party, Arus says: "As with Zhu's idea, we'll be here when the next even hour strikes. See you then."

And then he's underway to the Lionshield Coster with Bern.

M
M
<Bern>

He is grinning as he turns to follow Arus.

MikeD
AJ Offline
Kriv

"On the even hour, then."

Once he and Zhu were underway, he began quietly,

"It's a complicated, very human affair involving a murdered man, his wife, his lover and her being cleared of all charges and insisting it not be raised in her presence again. With me so far?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She raises an eyebrow at the non-sequitur. "The wife being cleared or the lover?" She asks, it not being clear to her from the initial comment. "And is this related to anything about the Lordling, or a completely unrelated item?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: OK, I have...
Zhu and Kriv off to the Waterbaron.
Bern and Arus off to the Lionshield Coster

I didn't see a definitive of where Jaliera, Davroar and Sindar are off to. Feel free to tag along with others. I'll create new threads as soon as you split up.

As for the time, let's call this 10am, so you can gather back here for lunch.

Last edited by Neptune; Mon 08/02/21 23:03 UTC.

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He listened and watched people depart. He had wanted to go to the house while others were doing things, but as it stands, he didn't want to go to the house alone, in case it proved to be interesting.

"I will avail myself of the local area, and return for lunch." He agrees with the group as a general plan. After lunch, they can check out the house.

Till then if he is on his own, he will see what information he can dig up, listening and plying people around the Pipe.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
AJ
AJ
Hertfordshire, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,689
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy