Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Phoenix Prime, Zeim), 9 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
M
<Bern>

Davroar's movements were enough to awaken him. But he continued to lay there there, enjoying soft warmth of a bed. He does notice Jaliera's gaze and gives her a wink before, with a reluctant sigh, sits up. "I would enjoy something warm to eat",

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"Definitely hungry."

He starts gathering up his gear and packing his blankets back into his pack.

"Hopefully this place has good food, and then I guess we wait for Zhu to track us, or should we go looking for them at the other place?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Be a good thing to pass on our information and see if they have learned anything. But breakfast first!"

She starts to get herself ready, hunger being a good motivator.

"Should we reserve a room for tonight?"

M
M
<Bern>

"I say we break fast and if they have not found us by then we can go looking for them", he said with a grin for Davroar. Turning to Jaliera, he replied to her query. "I would hope that we are long gone from here and back on the trail to our destination."

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He shakes his head to Jaliera's question, as with Bern he hopes they will be on the trail again by days end.

When it seems everyone is ready to go he will unbar their door and slowly poke his head out, not knowing if this place is as sketchy as it was last night. If the hallway is clear he will head back the same way they came to find a table in the common area.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She grabs her stuff, a last look to check they haven't left anything behind, and follows Davroar. She is in two minds. There is a simplicity to life on the trail, a purpose. It is her life now and she is content to lead it. However a real bed and private time with Davroar has a special attraction too. Maybe more special with its rarity?

Mentally she shrugs. Breakfast is her first priority.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
The trio make their way back to the common room. It looks the same in the morning as it does at night, dimly lit but warm. The one difference is the smell of breakfast. The scents of fried eggs, bacon, sausage, roast potatoes and fresh baked bread all mingle in a harmonious blend. You also see some folks eating porridge and pancakes drowning in maple syrup. A booth is available and as the three friends sit down, a waitress approaches with a pitcher of steaming tea and three mugs.

"Some warm tea to start your day?" she asks. For those that nod or say yes she pours a cup. She puts a jar of honey and a glass with sliced lemons on the table and then takes their orders. Once that is done, she leaves to place the order with the kitchen and serve other tables, leaving the three alone to plan their day and reunite with the others.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Oh yes, tea please."

She is parched. And those scents are so enticing, her stomach rumbles, though not as loudly as Davroar's had the night before in the Wink and Kiss. Still she is not sure she can manage porridge as well.

"I'll forego the porridge but would love the cooked breakfast please."

Then she has a thought.

"Could I have that straight away?"

M
M
<Bern>

He nods indicating a desire for some tea. He nods again thanking her as he takes a sip and smiles appreciatively. "The porridge sounds good and some warm bread and some butter would be good."

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
The waitress pours tea for all three and once she receives all orders, heads off to the kitchen to get them started on it.

The trio are alone to now plan their next step.

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He agrees with the tea and asks for the cooked breakfast of eggs, bacon, and sausage with maple syrup poured over it all, since it is not often he can indulge his tastes for sweets. Last night with Jaliera has made him exceptionally happy. "Ah! All this smells. It's the beginnings of a good day, I think."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She cannot keep the smile from her face but they do have a number of missions underway. She leans back, relaxed, but keeping her voice low.

"So we go report in first thing? Then what? Do we try to find more information about the giants.. or the disappearing nobles?"

She looks around before turning back to the other two.

"It strikes me that this might be a good place in which to find information if those here are fellow adventurers but it could mean losing a competitive advantage."

She smiles to herself, hearing Randal's words coming from her mouth.

M
M
<Bern>

"Probably more 'reward' if we recover missing nobles", he offered with a grin. "Depending on how long that takes, maybe we can consider the giant problem."

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Monetary rewards are nice but it is not his driving reason to help as he says, "We're here. So I'm good in helping out the nobles. The condition we found the young lord in I would not wish upon my worse enemies, but the bigger problem is the giants. We can not delay too long on that."

He shrugs his shoulders and continues, "I'll follow your lead Jaliera, as this is your world, city life, I mean."

While he is not a physically large man for having a barbarian heritage, Jaliera would know he will back her up in any situation here in the city.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"It might be an idea if we three stick together, assuming you want to Bern? I was just thinking that you might attract trouble that your doppleganger might have created and having friends along to watch your back.. not a bad thing."

She smiles at him.

"I favour finding out more about the giants too and I expect the others might be more engaged on the 'noble' problem. We can try to find out about other sightings. We can try to find out what that metallic object they dug up was all about. We can try to find out general lore about the giants so we are better prepared should we meet them again. Any other thoughts?"

M
M
<Bern>

He nodded. He had been thinking much the same on the sticking together part. "I agree", he said returning her smile. "That is not a bad plan."

He looked to Davroar to see what he thought.

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He nods in agreement for sticking together.
"Right. Nearly forgot about what the giants dug up. Let's do it."

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,436
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy