Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mina), 61 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He nodded and returned to his room. He waved her permission to enter.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Entering the room she pauses in the living area. "If you would take the clothes you'd like cleaned and put them together in a pile?"

She waits for Sindar to do so, then she waves her hand and speaks a short word. "There you are." She says.

When he looks, all of the dirt and dust of the road have vanished from the clothing. They are as clean as they would be taken in off a washing line.

"It's a small magic. One of the first ones I ever learned. But it comes in handy."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"Very handy," he admits. "I know that we look at magic in different ways, but I would like to learn something like that. I am sure you can imagine how often I am dirty and need to appear at my best for a performance."

He then puts the clothing back away and says a sincere "thank you," to her.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Wed 18/11/20 22:23 UTC.
AJ Offline
Kriv

At about this time, the Dragonborn emerged, practically gleaming, bedecked in his finery. Usually much more comfortable when more practically equipped, this was a rare occasion where the more social side of his heritage could come to the fore. He stood outside his door and took stock.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Certainly. When we have some time I'd be happy to show you. It actually has several other handy uses besides cleaning (presuming a Sorceror can teach a Bard?)" She opens her hand and floating on her open palm is a small, 3 dimensional image of the face of the Lordling they rescued.

At the sound of heavy footsteps in the hallway she looks up and smiles. She closes her palm, dismissing the image, and snaps her fingers and the candles on the mantle in the room go out. "I think that must be Kriv. Shall we join him?"

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 19/11/20 00:39 UTC.
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

Arus leaves his room roughly on time, his joints throughly cracked and loosened by a dwarf masseur. Not exactly the service he'd asked for, but at the same time if one is in need of theraputic massage, there's little point in seeking a soft-limbed honey.

He wears his shearling vest and rugged trousers, clean lines and practical, but these are offset by his fine undersea jewelry of hard pearlescent nacre.

In the hallway, Arus hears a door shut and turns to see Kriv. The dragonborn's scales are finery enough. Arus thinks they'll both fit in nicely.

"Looking good, Kriv. Maybe I should try some of that polish on my suit of armour."

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn noble acknowledged the Triton with a nod in the human manner, answering laconically,

"Shining armour can be a liability sometimes, down in the depths, but it certainly leaves a good impression on parade."

A change in the quality of light as Sindar's room darkened drew the eye to that doorway.

"I suspect our companions of Elven heritage will be ready shortly, though I do wonder how our human contingent is getting along. I have no idea why this place spooked them like that, from what I've seen of them I can't imagine they'd have found this arduous, and they're reasonably adept at bathing regularly, which is sadly not a universal trait among humanity."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He nodded and said "I would appreciate that.

When the light went out, he followed her from the room. He hesitated a moment to shut and lock his door. He hadn't left much of value in there, but one should take advantage of what was offered.

Smiling at the other two on the balcony he says "good to see you." His clothing might not be up to the finery they were sporting, but it was much better than his traveling garb.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She heads out into the hallway, greeting the others. "Arus, Kriv, shall we head downstairs?" Her already somewhat ethereal look is only enhanced by the dress she wears.

AJ Offline
Kriv

"By all means." The scholar responded, going in that direction after a brief check for dissent.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He greets Sindar and Zhu with a bow of his head, and admires Zhu's turnout.

"A charming dress but a spellbinding model." He says as a compliment.

Either way, Arus certainly has an appetite now and falling in step with his companions makes his way to the dining hall.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

The four meet in the hallway outside their rooms after their baths and all look and smell remarkably cleaner and fresher than before. They cleaned up really well. So they make their way to the lift platform and after a fumbling a bit, and with help from some others that joined them there, they made their way down to the main floor walk down another set of steps to the lower level where they were told they would find the dining hall.

The dining hall was not the only room on the lower level but it was the first thing that they saw when they got there. It was a sprawling room, much like the lobby above. There were scores of tables of various sizes that surrounded an elegant center spread buffet of food. The spread was arranged around a circular path that had a singular entrance facing the the stairs that led folks down. Plates and silverware were handed to guests as they entered and they were urged to turn to their right and walk around.

Food was laid out both to their right (the outside) and left. On the outside there were various side dishes and vegatble dishes laid out for self service. The inside included numerous carving stations that offered servings of different meats and seafood. The assortment of meats included both standard fare like beef, pork and chicken and also an assortment of game meat such as venison, boar and elk. Seafood however dominated the offering. Various fishes were served spiced and whole or stewed in various sauces. Crabs, shrimp, oysters, clams and octopus sat on large trays of ice, ready to serve raw or to be sauted or steamed right there on request. The centerpiece was a giant lobster claw, at least six feet long, which was being carved on request and served with a topping of a creamy butter sauce. In the center of all that was a large oven that was tended to by two grill masters.

In one corner of the room a bard filled the room with calming music as he plucked away at a large black harp. Another corner served cheeses, sausages and breads. The third served deserts and hot drinks. The fourth was a large bar. The bar had a long line.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - It's a Bar Mitzvah!)

Zhu

Stepping off the platform once it reaches the bottom, she smiles slightly, always amazed at how much food humans tend to consume. For herself, some wild fruits and vegetables would be a normal days meal, but in this setting perhaps she can indulge a bit?

Moving along with the others she wanders towards where the plates were being handed out.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He watched as they rode down and to the level with the dining halls. The smells were amazing long before they even saw the buffet. His mouth started watering.

He accepted the tools for the evening and followed the line. He hadn't had a good variety as he traveled but he knew how good food could taste. So many choices did present a problem. There was no way he could eat a little bit of everything.

He selected a bit of venison and a bit of the huge lobster claw. He couldn't resist. The vegetables and fruits that filled out his plate would help balance things and make the feast a little less heavy.

The pleased look on his face couldn't be mistaken though as he gathered his choices.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Mazel tov!! jk ]

Arus

He decides to save his reserve his appetite for flesh, and instead considers the vegetarian options.

To a triton, vegetables are something of a delicacy. Fish and meat can be found in the ocean, fruit is often grown along coastlines in warmer climes.

But vegatables tend to be cultivated more inland. (When he'd first tried beans Arus had been entirely perplexed by the flavour and texture.)

He finds slices of some strange, exotic dish. Crisp leavened flatbread---no baking under the sea---spread with pureed tomatos and melted cheese, neither of those found under the sea either.

He loads his plate with a slice and takes a bite, chewing throughtfully.

"Hmm, delectable."

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn was fastidious in his consumption, and sparing in his selection, judging a quantity of viands that would satisfy his substantial appetite without being overindulgent. As ever, he favoured his meats rare, and ate that which ended up before him in a genteel manner which was a degree less out of place in these environs than it may have seemed to travelling companions on prior occasions.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Moving along the line, she takes only small bite size samples, focusing mostly on the lobster and fish platters as she doesn't get to each much from the sea very often.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He walks passed Zhu at the buffet on his way to their table, noting that they seem to be heading in opposite culinary directions. Opposite starting points, presumably.

Arus smiles and nods to the eladrin, then takes his seat next to Sindar and Kriv.

"So, tell me, Sindar, dost thou play venues like this? Wouldst thou tonight?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"It is a sound question," he admits between mouthfuls. "I suspect that they have a long list of potential players available. I certainly have played places like this in the past, though not here, as of yet. The last big place I played was Waterdeep."

"As you can imagine most of the places I play are much smaller, more intimate."

"I will likely try to make acquaintance with those who are playing though. One never knows who you might run across." He smiled.

"What plans might you make in a place such as this?" He inquired with a slightly raised eyebrow.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He listens as he eats, ordering wine from a waitress when the opportunity presents.

"We'll have a Westgate Ruby and a Goldenfields White, my thanks."

Once Zhu has joined them, he talks more about plans.

"I will enjoy this food and a goblet or two, Sindar, then perhaps find a game."

The triton looks around at inn's clientele, intrigued.

"I'll speak to Aldis and Scimitar Sally first thing on the morrow. But I wonder about tonight...

"There is gold being spent aplenty here at the inn. Will all these wealthy travellers seek their beds after light's out?

"I suspect there will be a hardcore crowd seeking late night entertainment elsewhere. Much like Lord Artan.

"We need not make our move tonight but we might learn something from this crowd that can be applied tomorrow night."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: there are many places to have fun and gather information. Arus knows a few. If you finish dinner and go out, we'll do some rolling for that information gathering and roll some dice to see what you learn.

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"I completely agree with you," he said around mouthfuls. The plan of feeling out the crowd and learning who was who was a sound one. He also had his own reasons to discover what might be discussed at a place like this inn.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Sitting with the others she delicately picks up small slivers of seafood from her plate, using the utensils to slice them into fine, almost hair thin pieces. She savors each tiny piece, placing her silverware on her plate in between bites and chewing almost imperceptibly.

She nods at the conversation. "I am sure there are many places in this city to gather information of use. In my experience people love to talk, especially when they are relaxed and have been drinking."

AJ Offline
Kriv

As inscrutable as the Dragonborn could be, it was safe to say he did not radiate being too thrilled at the possibility of necessary close contact with a bunch of inebriated humans.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

The triton watches Sindar and Zhu eat with a slight smirk.

"You know where I'm from, they see lobsters as rather like badgers."

Still, tradition dictates he make a toast. He raises his goblet to his companions, Kriv included.

"To the bounty of the sea."

Arus sits back, taking in the crowd as he reflects, reminded of his homeland.

Homeland but not home. No, Arus is certain that the day he finds a place to call home it will be on land. A sea-shore. Somewhere with plenty of bird-life, where the sun shines and local women aren't overly burdened with clothing.

He looks back to his companions.

"I take it you've all seen the sea? I'm curious, what was your first experience of it?"

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,686
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy