Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Phoenix Prime, Pandemonium, Mina), 30 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Zindra
The group pays for the room and joins Zindra at her table. She was just relaxing, enjoying an ale when you get there. "Greetings. I see you found the Rest. So, what happened with that man you found near the river and where are the others?" she asks when you get there.

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"We got him back to his estate. You should have come. You missed out on some really good cookies and sweets."

If there is a server wandering around he will wave a hand to grab their attention, before continuing, "We left Lord Artan still suffering from his skin sickness. Judging from his manor, they're rich enough to get the best cleric or healer in town. Hopefully Artan will survive."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"And the others are at the Pearl Handled Pipe. Bit rich for us, so we came here."

She smiles at Zindra.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

A server comes over, a larger middle aged woman who wears an apron.

"Are you eating or just drinking? The kitchen is closing."

The waitress takes your order and leaves before Zindra answers.

"If I would've known there were cookies and sweets, I might've considered, but I'm not much for spending time with city folks, especially high and mighty, silk shirt nobles. I'll leave that for you guys. I've stayed at the Pipe and it's really special and less expensive than you might think. Taking a hot bath is always nice. But I prefer to stay here at Beldebar's. It's simple and it's cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I think the food here is the best in Yartar. Mostly adventurers and frontier folk of all sort come here, so mind your belongings and secure your rooms."

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

"I'll take a plate of 'what ever' and another beer", he said with a grin. then drained the rest of his current mug.

"I'm happy to stay here with you ... and the beer", he told Zindra, "when 'they' go off to chat with the 'hoy polloy'", he said with a grin.

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He just orders a drink from their server since he had eaten earlier, and laughs at Bern's words of 'hoy polloy'. "Yep, that place was a bit strange", he adds then yawns as he looks around at the other customers. "The inn keep said the same, Zindra. Lock the doors and mind your own business. Cam it really get that bad here?"

M
M
<Bern>

"Hard to tell", he offered. "One man's 'bad' is another man's 'boring'", he finished with a grin.

MikeD
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She just orders a soft drink and no food as she is still full from the fish soup.

"Anything else happened to you Zindra? Any news?"

It is a casual enquiry as she doesn't expect anything in the short time that has elapsed.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Zindra

The half-elf scout thought that it sounded like Bern would stay with her for a bit after Daroar and Jaliera were to retire and that made her smile. "If you're looking for something light, get the chicken heart skewers or the home made sausages. If you're really hungry, get the Mash but you better be really hungry to order that! Whatever you do, get the potatoes. They chop them, fry them then it's topped with a white sauce of chives, sour cream and parsley. It's just mmmmm." She seems quite excited to recite some of her favorites on the menu to the ranger.

She turned to reply to Davroar and nodded in the affirmative "Yes, it can get rather rough but mind your business because Beldebar has thing under control. If a drunken brawl breaks out, just stay clear, they're probably just having fun. Same goes if If someone goes running by you getting chased by someone else, just let them run past you; they might be playing some game. If you hear screams of pain or the sounds of whips cracking, just ignore them, they might be having fun. If there's real trouble, there's a gong in each room. Help will come fast."

Finally she at the looks at Jaliera more seriously and answers, "Well, your brothers have been telling tales of your exploits with fire giants in Triboar and the whole town must know the story about how you found the young lord." She had a certain look about her when she said the word brothers. It was either a poke or a probe.

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

"Thanks for the suggestions", he told Zindra with a smile. "I have already eaten, but will keep them in mind for the morning."

He decided to leave things there until the others had moved on.

MikeD
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I presume you mean the caravan guards. So much for a low profile."

She takes a seat as she waits for the drinks.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Zindra

"Yes. The ones Urlam put under your direction. Mercs aren't known for their discretion.

The drinks came and they talked about mundane things. She didn't offer anything pertinent, claiming she was "off duty" and that she thought "you had things well in hand", so she wasn't digging for information. "How long are we staying here? Do you have thoughts as to when we'll be off to Silverymoon? There is no great rush, but it is good to plan ahead."

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

He was not the 'talkative' type, so was happy to let Jaliera and Davroar do the talking. But to her question about 'longevity', he smiled and said, "I have a final beer on the way. After that, I am off to enjoy a night in a real bed!"

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"Not exactly sure, Zindra. We'll meet up with the others in the morning, and see."

The second ale is making him sleepy as he stretches out a yawn before emptying his mug with a final gulp.

"Let's find our room. Tomorrow might be another long day."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"See you at breakfast Zindra."

She downs her drink and is ready to head to their room. A good night's sleep will be welcome. Let's hope they get one.

M
M
<Bern>

"I think I will stay a bit longer and enjoy this beer", he told his friend. "And ... and catch up with Zindra", he added with a smile for her.

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Knowing that Bern probably won't be too long, perhaps a half hour, Davroar and Jaliera discuss with him a way for him to knock on the door so that they can let him into the room. They depart, leaving Bern with Zindra.

OOC: I'll take the conversations into PMs. In order to get the game moving, we won't stretch it out long.

-Nep
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

More than a half hour passes before Jaliera and Davroar hear the knock on the door. They let Bern in and he looks about. Their room looks like a repurposed storage room. Along two of the walls there are storage shelves and cabinets. There are four beds, a table and four chairs. Two of the beds, very close together, look like they've been taken by Jaliera and Davroar. A section of the room, the privy with a washbasin, is hidden behind a dark, heavy curtain. The room is rustic and simple but it's warmer here than outside. And there is a gong hanging from a rope near the door, next to the bar that is clearly there to be used to lock the door.

OOC: MikeD, make sure to read your last PM carefully. A reminder, do not remove yourselves from those PMs either. Let's get one post each before you wake up in the morning. You can have your sharing moments at breakfast. I want to unify the threads as soon as possible.

-Nep
M
M
[[ got it open now <g> Back with a post in a bit <wink> ]]

MikeD
M
M
<Bern>

His talk with Zindra had been informative, but it left more questions than it answered, he thought as he stood. But at least he had some direction, he thought as he walked with Zindra to the rooms. "Good night", he said to Zindra, then knocked on his door. He didn't want to 'surprise' his roomies.

He tossed his gear on the bed farthest away from his friends, trying to give them as much privacy as was possible ... given the situation.

He took stock of the rest of the room as he talked. "We are going to have to talk in the morning", he said to Davroar. But left it at that. For one thing, he didn't want to kick Jalaria out of the room at this point. But he also wanted some time to think about what he had been told and try to figure out what to do about this 'news' in terms of how it would affect the group and their plans.

MikeD
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She wrapped the bed cover around herself to unbar the door, once she had established that it was Bern's voice on the other side of it. It did occur to her that she might be opening the door to the doppleganger but given that they had left Bern just down the corridor, chances were slim. Once he is in she bars the door again.

She is not too modest around Bern, after all they have shared many campfires and nights as a group and with just the three of them during their recent journey before all reuniting back at the mine.

She clambers into the bed next to Davroar's.

"So are we going to set a watch? Or just trust this place is secure?"

M
M
<Bern>

"I wasn't planning on it. This seems a decent enough place ... unless you heard something while you were exploring."

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
After barring the door the trio went to sleep and had a very restful night. No light poured into the room, as it was beneath the ground, so nothing disturbed their rest. It is now morning and you have awakened to start a new day.

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Like a bear rousing from its den, he sleepily wanders to the privy to relieve himself then looks to see if Bern or Jaliera are already up. If neither are up, he will use his druidcraft to produce the smell of a fresh morning snow he knows so well from home to gently wake them. The sensory effect does not last long, but he figures it is better than suddenly lighting up the room along with a boot in the rump his father used to do to him.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Consciousness returns slowly. She feels so good and so rested. That must rank as one of the best sleeps she has ever had. And as she remembers the evening before, she smiles to herself, opening her eyes which immediately light on Davroar. Her smile broadens.

"I slept so well. Amazing. Feel good.. but hungry. You?"

She glances towards Bern, suddenly remembering they are not on their own.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
Lionhawke
Lionhawke
Seattle, WA, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,689
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy