Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Argus, Alduin), 28 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Online Away
OOC: questions from our character's perspective-

1) What would we expect to find inside the bunker? i.e. personnel and Layout?

2) can we do the mission from the outside? i.e forget going inside to the terminal and control areas and just climb up and jack in from the exterior

3) can we identify if there is another route in that might offer a better approach, more secrecy, less exposure?

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
And 4) what does the force tell her? wink

nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Given the high level of radiation, it's unlikely there will be any personnel inside the bunker. But the First Order do use various sentry and security droids.

Best bet is that to take control of Ghidrah, you'll have to penetrate the bunker and find Ghidrah's computational databanks.

From the outside, you could definitely sabotage the repeater but that would only effect this one Ghidrah node. From a Galactic standpoint, ineffective.

So entry into the bunker is almost certainly required.

Let's use a mechanic from Fate Accelerated here. Because it's a play-by-post game, so we have time! smile

We don't have a blueprint of the bunker but we can decide how the team will approach the task.

Will they entry the bunker:

• Forcefully
  • Speedily
  • Brazenly
  • Deviously
  • Stealthily
  • Carefully

An approach might be start out as a combination, or end up as a mix of the above, but primarily how would you describe it?

"It depends which approach is best" isn't a valid answer in this case. The best approach is the one you players want to take.

Once we know that, we can envisage how the characters might achieve it.]

Online Away
OOC:

While none of us are expressly suited for Stealth like Sirra, we can do our best to follow such an approach. But time is of the essence and I would argue that speedily is important as well.

Perhaps a combo of the two... stealth and caution when necessary and speedily when we can afford to make up time.

In our current situation (where we left our intrepid heroes), the characters were clinging to the outside of two different carriages being pulled by the lower engine of a dual engine railcrawler. We have no idea what we will see or what might see of once we cross the shadow horizon upon entry into bunker depot tunnel. Any hope of surprise could be lost right there... But we could drop off a few seconds early and sneak up to take a peek inside. I think I opt for the latter- we just saw major reinforcements arriving, and i say reinforcement because those Ties looked shiny and new and everything here was definitely well worn and aged... not only in years, but also in terms of the environmental wear as well. And this would occur to my character that perhaps the First Order has some intel that something like this might occur at one of their Ghidrah bases- especially if they did some backtracking on what was really happening on Jakku- and so they have put measures into place to inspect as many Ghidrah nodes as they can... that means we are just a mere steps ahead of them right now.

I would opt for the latter and once we can talk a moment JB has a couple other ideas she will want to present to Amos and the other two.

Jelly Bean
https://i.imgur.com/5u4oxaT.jpg

nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[2BB-2, Amos, J.B. and Jix can talk over comlink safely. It's just if they open a longer range channel to Smoke Team that they take a higher risk of discovery.]

Online Away
Jelly Bean

JB tapped the commlink active for her team only. And she spoke quickly at that...

"We're coming up on the Ghidrah bunker. Chances are, there's droid sentries on patrol inside. And those TIE ships, especially that big one... they looked shiny fancy, like they don't belong here... Not a good sign... What if the First Order knows we're here somewhere? Or even just thinks we could be at some Ghidrah base? If they investigated Jakku, maybe they know something. Might not be which Ghidrah, but they might be checking a lot of them out right now. The overflight was a surveil sweep... they're going to land and I bet there's a lot of troopers with them."

"We need speed and stealth right now... Stealth says we drop off in the next minute before the train gets inside. We can't see into that tunnel, might as well be night and day... but if we're discovered and they take the array offline too soon... It's over. So, Drop off, crawl up- take a peek and then get moving. Yeah, move as fast as we can when we can... If we can get Babay to a droid port, then he can scomp link in and we can figure out exactly where we need to go... He can also shut down a lot of their surveillance eyes and take us off their grid. Plus Babay is equipped to scramble their comms frequencies, yes? So if we do get spotted, we can jam them up and keep moving. Every second counts now."

AJ Offline
2BB-2

The droid chirruped assent to JB's plan, keeping his contribution short to avoid mistranslation.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Amos

"That plan works. Prepare to drop off before we enter the base. Keep it tight and quiet people." he murmured back over the link.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jix

"Ready. Do my best."

He slings his weapon again, leaving his hands free. It is only ever a few seconds from being brought to bear. He knows this in important and hopes that luck, fate or the force.. ideally all three.. are on their side.

Online Away
Jelly Bean

Babay's drop was the most concerning for JB. He always surprised her with his capabilities though.

But now was the time... she focused on the Force and dropped off the side. If she landed first she might be able to help any who looked to have a problem, or if Babay need a soft landing himself.

AJ Offline
2BB-2

The highly manoeuvrable orb with built-in grappling hooks was the least concerned with his own drop. He was a professional, he had the requisite tools built-in, and the relevant vectors were plain to his sensors.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Amos

The lanky, duster-coated man eyed the upcoming bunker and at the right moment dropped from the crawler, tucking into a roll for when he hits the ground.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jix

He prepares.

Disadvantages: large eyes vulnerable, long limbs stick out, hard skeletal exterior.

Then turns the thoughts around to positive:

Advantages: large eyes to see better where he is going and judging distances, lomg limbs give reach, skeletal exterior is an armour of kind.

He jumps.

nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
GM

As the Railcrawler turns in towards the terminus, the team spot a scree slope, perhaps rubble from when the bunker was excavated, broken down into finer, looser stone by thirty years of storms.

Better than solid rock.

Hustling into position on the carriage, the team jump from the conveyex, first those at the front, then those at the rear.

Scree isn't a soft landing but the team soak it up. 2BB-2 chassis has been reinforced specifically against fall damage. He thuds and bounces along. J.B. and Jix's landings cause a cascade of scree but they aren't carried away with it. Amos lands, rolls and strikes what turns out to be a half-buried plascrete block.

Dusting himself off and opening his longcoat, Amos would see a hefty dent in the plate of his battle armour. Better his armour than his ribcage.

Ahead of them, the conveyex disappears into the sheer, grey sides of the Ghidrah bunker.

[
2BB-2: Ph Stress 1<9 +1 Resist, Me Stress 1<9 +1 Resist, So Stress 0<9 +0 Resist;
Amos: Ph Stress 1<9 +1 Resist, Me Stress 0<9 +0 Resist, So Stress 0<9 +0 Resist;
J.B.: Ph Stress 1<9 +1 Resist, Me Stress 1<9 +1 Resist, So Stress 0<9 +0 Resist;
Jix: Ph Stress 1<9 +1 Resist, Me Stress 2<9 +1 Resist, So Stress 0<9 +0 Resist;
Preach: Ph Stress 1<9 +1 Resist, Me Stress 2<9 +1 Resist, So Stress 0<9 +0 Resist;
Sirra: Ph Stress 1<9 +1 Resist, Me Stress 3<9 +1 Resist, So Stress 0<9 +0 Resist;
Winta: Ph Stress 1<9 +1 Resist, Me Stress 2<9 +1 Resist, So Stress 0<9 +0 Resist;

=UNSTRUCTURED TIME=
2BB-2. "Jump from the conveyex" Physical-Def2. G+GG¬PP (*Enduring² vs Easy, Situ)...
=G(6,1,1), P(4,2). YES! Success but suffers +2 Physical Stress, -3(1,2) Resistance =0
Amos. "Jump from the conveyex" Physical-Def2. G+G¬PPP (*Frontiersman vs Easy, *Lanky, Situ)...
=G(4,1), P(6,2,1). NO! Fail and suffers +4(2,1) Physical Stress, -4(1,3) Resistance =0
J.B.. "Jump from the conveyex" Physical-Def2. G+G¬PPP (*Force Awakened vs Easy, *Short, Situ)...
...=G(6,2), P(6,5,5). YES! Success but suffers +2 Physical Stress, -2(1,1) Resistance =0
Jix. "Jump from the conveyex" Physical-Def4. G+G¬PP (*Athletic vs Easy, Situ)...
=G(3,2), P(4,3). YES! Success but suffers +1 Physical Stress, -3(1,2) Resistance =0

=KEY=
G Green dice (aka positive dice)
P Purple dice (aka negative dice)
* Green or purple feature
† Trauma
² Worth two green or purple dice
³ Worth three green or purple dice

]

[Go to CFH10m: Arrival]

Last edited by nemarsde; Sun 25/10/20 17:55 UTC.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nem 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gryphon
Gryphon
California
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,838
Posts140,645
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy