Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Asta), 12 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
nem #1000394 Fri 25/09/20 12:22 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Amos

The lanky ex-lawman rubbed his stubbly chin and frowns, looking like he wants to spit out a bad taste at what he listened to.

"We don't bow down to any tyrant. Whats your orders boss?" he said, looking to Winta.

nem #1000398 Fri 25/09/20 15:04 UTC
Jelly Bean

As if she needed more pressure.

All too soon now the Bargon Flit would arrive at its destination and the team would have to make the dangerous, desperate move to seize the station, noide, whatever a Ghidrah was... take it over, and thus take over the whole network, and broadcast a plea for help to the Galaxy.

Jelly Bean closed her eyes as the latest message was broadcast.

She had tried several times to master this last step... the assembly of her own Lightsaber. More than just a rite of passage to the young Jedi, it was a marker, a stepping stone of confidence, a symbol that they had mastered an important lesson and were now ready to become Padawans. But Jelly Bean was no youngling, and there were no more Padawans. Their really was no Jedi Order anymore.

Four years of training, and she had mastered all the physical arts and talents necessary to rise through the ranks if there was such a thing as Jedi Order. Her body was born for that, and it was trained over a lifetime of harsh circumstance to perform. In fact, she had excelled at it beyond measure. She had to, in order to survive. But she had always been alone in her fight to endure and survive. Even in the vast halls of the Hutt's palace on Nal Hutta or in the spires of his fortress building on Nar'Shadaa, among hundreds of other slaves... she was always alone. Survival always felt like a zero-sum game. How many times had she been punsished for helping another when they seemed at that edge where life has lost all meaning, a kind word, a sharing of food for the weaker among them, only to be betrayed for the price of an extra ration.

But Maz Kanata kept reminding her that it had taken her more than total mastery of her body to endure and survive, but also her mind. It had taken enormous willpower and mental fortitude to keep from being broken herself. She tried to teach JB to use that willpower along with her physical prowess, harnessed together, to reach her destiny. All things working together, within the will of the Force. Even a slave girl had a destiny bigger than she might ever imagine.

But here she sat, her team mates now voices their defiance, rallying themselves, encouraging the rest, unifying themselves with purpose... while JB stared at the unassembled Lightsaber...

Maybe none of them were ever meant to do this alone... any of it... There was no Jedi order to teach and guide and train and serve and protect and keep the peace. But those younglings were never on their own... the Padawans were under the care of a Master...

But the Jedi Order was gone...

Jelly Bean wasn't even sure that she was ever going to walk that strict path either. Maz Kanata had said as much... Hearing the words, seeing the vision of a real Jedi Master, a survivor of a war that might as well have been ancient history now... That gave her a small hope...

When you're ready to begin again... I'll be here.

Jelly Bean took a few deep breaths as she stared at the parts and pieces of her own lightsaber. She wiped her eyes to clear the welling tears and squared her shoulders to the D'jarik table. She could visualize the the shoto saber in it's final form, just as Professor Huyang instructed. This was the last step in a Jedi Ritual known as the Gathering. It begins with a quest to find the the Crystal that 'belongs' in your saber. There was no trip to a secret and sacred planet to wander through caves. Those days were gone. But Maz had collected a number of crystals through her many centuries of life and she presented them before Jelly Bean... The secret of this first step in the Gathering was that the Crystal chose you...

Jelly Bean looked at the Sapith Gem sitting among the various components and remembered how she and it connected in a way she couldn't describe. That moment of bonding where the Force connects the two of them, and a part of her becomes infused with the Crystal and the Crystal will reflect that in the color of the Blade. Those with the nature to be Guardians reveal a blue blade, and the Sentinels bear yellow as their color, and Green for the Consulars. There were a few other colors, or so Maz had taught her. For Jelly Bean, that moment of truth had yet to be reached...

Another deep breath. Focus.

Maybe the hardest thing that Jelly bean had yet to Master was the understanding that the Jedi were not meant to be alone. But Alone was really all she knew...

She looked up at the others from the corner of the room, her box of treasures and her lightsaber components before her.

"I think I need your help," she said aloud. "I think that we are together for many reasons... For each of us alone is not as strong as all of us together... This is the hardest thing for me to accept... that I can't do everything by myself... that I have to trust someone else."

nem #1000452 Sat 26/09/20 14:36 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jix

He has always been a part of a group. The Hive was his home, his family, his all. And the knows that there is more strength in joining than staying apart. Perhaps he too has to commit fully.

He lifts his head, then pushes himself upright walking over to the table.

"I will be part of your Hive. What do you want from me?"

It won't be the same. Cannot be the same with other species. It is essentially Verpine. But he can try to make it similar. Even though it will mean he has to make himself open, vulnerable.

nem #1000459 Sat 26/09/20 16:00 UTC
Arssanguinus
Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
Sirra

She looks to Winta:

“Yes, I did. It called for heroes and for some reason included me in the call.”

She looks to JB.

“If I’m committed to something I’m committed all the way to the end. No hero, but you have all of me in the fight.”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sun 27/09/20 10:11 UTC.
nem #1000496 Sun 27/09/20 18:03 UTC
Winta

"Preach?" she said with a glance towards JB. "Could you give her some help?"

"I think," she continued, looking at the others, "that we should continue with the original plan, until such time as we succeed or are given new orders or discover something that makes us think about better alternatives."

nem #1000522 Mon 28/09/20 05:33 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Preach

When the parts of the light saber were uncovered on the table the old man rose with a couple of pops from his joints.

He started toward the table only to be interrupted by the captain. He listened and watched. "The Resistance lives as long as one chooses to fight on the light side. I will face and fight those who choose darkness as The First Order has."

nem #1000536 Mon 28/09/20 17:47 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
GM

Another loud jarring of the hull. Not a nightmare or a vision this time. It reminds all aboard that they're entering the Unknown Regions, which have remained unknown for millennia due to their high density of hyperspace hazards.

"Gravity rips, getting worse." Bek explains, expecting no less, "We're in for a bumpy ride."

The Lieutenant looks around.

"2BB-2, we should get back to the cockpit. J.B., Preach, no pressure but you had better get that lightsaber right first time and quickly.

"It looks like your gear is prepped, so everyone else strap in. I'll let you know when we exit hyperspace."

nem #1000539 Mon 28/09/20 18:08 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Amos

He pauses long enough to rest a comforting hand on JBs shoulder.

"You are doing just fine." he said before going to strap in and wait for the time when his skills are needed.

nem #1000549 Mon 28/09/20 21:11 UTC
Jelly Bean

Jelly Bean was grateful that she had support from her team. She wasn't sure there was anything they could 'DO' except be there to support her. They would be a reminder of just how far she has come in four years and how much different she is now. She motioned for Jix to sit to one side of her, and Sirra to the other and Preach would then be directly across the Djarik table from her. But he was not an opponent, but rather, she wanted him to be the person she saw as she tried to finish this final step in the Ritual of the Gathering. All her lightsaber parts her here, many of them had specific meaning an impoirtance to her. her connection to them was strong. Her Sapith Gem had already been though the crystal Meditations.

She smiled up at Amos as he rested a hand on her shoulder before going to strap himself in. This could be dangerous, but time was running out all he same. Maybe she would work better under pressure. No time for thinking about her doubts and insecurities this time.

"First... thank you. I am... grateful to know that I am among those who support me. I find it hard to have confidence in myself, despite being well trained to pretend. Someone once told me that they could guess my age. That it was a gift he had. He guessed wrong. He said I was lying. I wasn't allowed to tell him he didn't have a gift. He told me that it didn't always work on 'tail-heads' but who cares anyway because the Hutts didn't send me to him to talk about myself. I was 14 at the time. I told you that so that you would know that I am 23 Galactic years old now... Maz Kanata began my training when I crash landed on Takodana 4 years ago. I can't say that's I am a Padawan because the Jedi Order is no more. Maz is pretty sure that I am something different than a Jedi, but since Preach and Winta are the only ones here who might call themselves that, I'm not sure how I might know if I am or not. But I think not... Still, the training is the same she says. And so I trained with her and then wit Master Huyang to undergo my Ritual of Gathering. But I have struggled... I rely on my emotions as much as logic. All my life since I was taken by... given to slavers by my family... every day has been a battle to stay alive. I know I'm not Sith, but I don't think I am Jedi either... something else... something in between. Maz calls it a Grey Area. I don't know what that means... and my doubts have troubled me... but I am trying again. I think i have accepted a truth about myself that I have refused to believe and maybe that has freed me to find the balance I am seeking."

"I am ready Master Preach..."

nem #1000564 Mon 28/09/20 23:54 UTC
AJ Offline
2BB-2

All the pledges of seeing this through to the end are meaningless if that end is premature. With an affirmative trill, the BB-unit rolled back into the cockpit to do his damnedest to ensure everyone arrived safely.

nem #1000565 Mon 28/09/20 23:59 UTC
Arssanguinus
Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
Sirra

She sat where indicated - but it seemed evident she had no idea how she could be of any use.

Whatever she was, she was absolutely sure she was no Jedi. No ‘something else either’.

She was Sirra.

“What you are is a survivor.”

She says quietly, almost more to herself than JB.

nem #1000583 Tue 29/09/20 13:07 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jix

"Surviving is kind of important.. though not at any cost."

That might even pass for humour. Jix takes the seat offered, bending, all angles showing.

nem #1000589 Tue 29/09/20 17:18 UTC
Winta

She chuckled at Jix's unexpected quip as she followed Lt Bek, to take one of the jump seats in the cockpit..

nem #1000732 Thu 01/10/20 23:47 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Preach

He took the seat as asked eyes not leaving the various parts in front them. He sat still eyes closed and he let his sense reach out and touch her, the saber parts everything in their little space. He focused his sense just so he could just feel what needed to be done.

His eyes opened and he looked at her. "You have all it takes to do what you want to do." He said softly a voice he had used a thousand or more times in his life training other guardians. "I was much older than you are now when I first attempted to assemble a lightsaber. Take heart it was decades later when I was able to complete it."

He put his hand out to her and touched the back of hers lightly. "Feel this? It is as real as your feelings, and as real as everything else. The only thing to remember is The Force encompasses all things. There is no one way to do anything."

He took his hand back and with his other he brought out his own saber. It was a rough looking device, a bit ragged like the edge of the violet blade that is produced. In many ways the saber was like the old man rough around the edges.

"My wisdom is very, very simple. Deep breath, feel the force, you already know yourself far better than anyone else ever could. That is how well the Force knows you and how well you know the Force. It runs through you in everything to do and feel, emotions, everything.

"The simplest thing is The Force is life. You are a survivor so you know what life feels like. Tap into that, feel it, let The Force guide you, help you understand how the pieces fit. The way they go together may be similar to my saber here, but they are unique to you too. You already know the pieces better than you might think. They are a part of you as much as you are part of them. Feel your life, feel their life, feel the interaction between the two. It will come together.

"Though I can't guide your hands I like the other are right here to feel you complete your training and your process. You know you can do this. Remember what I said in the beginning of my little speech here it is about choice. Time to make your choice."

nem #1000757 Fri 02/10/20 18:49 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
GM

The interior lights switch to low intensity. High alert. There could be a ship-wide emergency any second, power could be lost any second, the interior plunged into darkness.

The Bargon Flit shakes, side to side, up down, slam shudder.

The team strap in. Extreme close-ups of armour, of helmets, new blasters and grenades. The eyes of J.B. and Preach, sweat on skin, a Sapith crystal levitates into the air between them, the components of the lightsaber coalescing around it.

In the cockpit, warning lights flash across the consoles.

Some kind of luminous, rippling halo speeds down the blue tunnel of hyperspace towards them.

"HOLD ON!" Yells Bek.

In the rec-room, the lightsaber click-clunks together and then the lights go out.

[Go to CFH8: Assault on GH-531.]

Last edited by nemarsde; Fri 02/10/20 19:05 UTC.
nem #1000800 Sat 03/10/20 12:08 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Nice post Pande! smile ]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nem 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
AquaDyne
AquaDyne
Seattle, Washington, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,482
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy