Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 37 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Neptune #1001852 Thu 22/10/20 20:07 UTC
M
M
That makes sense Neil ... like a series of 'PM threads'.

MikeD
Neptune #1001857 Thu 22/10/20 22:55 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: That's OK. No need. We'll just use PMs. I encourage every player to keep one thread alive.]

-Nep
Neptune #1001888 Fri 23/10/20 12:24 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: Let me be clearer. PM threads exist, so don't make new ones. Also, I expect 95% of the postings here - not in PM. That PM thing was a general lament about a feature I would love - not a directive for the game.

As for the game, meeting with the Waterbaron and trying to find a member of the Hand of Yartar seem to be the two paths currently identified.]

-Nep
Neptune #1001896 Fri 23/10/20 13:35 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She thinks then offers.

"Well being female and having a past association with a guild, perhaps I might be of most use following that path?"

She does have an errand that might gleam more information but that is best left until evening/night and is a solo mission.

Neptune #1001919 Fri 23/10/20 19:29 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Online Content
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"I will also seek information but I will be better off on my own to gain the trust of those I wish to discuss things with."

Neptune #1002054 Mon 26/10/20 15:01 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

There are a lot of paths to take, but after a long caravan ride, finding a place to stay for the night is the top priority. It had been another full day of travel and it was already afternoon when they first came upon the cocoon by the river. That was several hours ago. Now you are hungry and tired.

The time spent working your way back to the center of the city was time well spent deciding how you would spend the evening and night. The sun was already setting. Arus had recommended that you stay at the Pearl-handled Pipe. It was rather famous and deservedly so. It was known to be expensive and exclusive. It was the type of place which common folk could only dream of staying at.

Meeting with the Waterbaron was a priority for some. Kriv and Zhu already stated that they intend to visit her. She is a major power in the realms and would not likely be open to visits from random adventurers, but Lady Dezhia indicated that she is interested in the disappearances so it's quite likely she will grant audience.

Arus, rightfully so, wanted to get to the Lionshield Coster. He has to make sure that Othivar's harness makes it's way there. He won't be surprised if he's asked to take it to it's destination, since the current plan has the group heading that way. In any case, the caravan had arrived and he needed to check on things. Also, he knows people there and they may offer leads.

For Bern, Davaroar, Jaliera and Sindar there is no obvious next stop. Jaliera might try to seek out the Hand of Yartar on her own, leveraging her talents to do so. For Bern and Davroar, this city is as city as you can get. The further towards the center of town the group gets, the more crowded and noisy it gets. It is a very busy hour of the day in Yartar as businesses work to close down for the night and transform into revelers setting out for night of debauchery. Arus leads everyone through the town square, pointing out locations along the way. Knowing that they need to get settled in, he simply points places out as they pass. OOC: See map.

In short order the group finds itself standing outside the doors to the Pearl-Handled Pipe. The inn is magnificent. There are dozens of people milling about outside but one observation is that many in the party are dressed as adventurers would dress but nobody here is dressed that way. Everyone is wearing their finest robes, cloaks and jewelry. Sindar, who is versed in such things is quick to point out that there is likely a dress code.

Attached Images
Yartar Market Square.gif (344.18 KB, 10 downloads)

-Nep
Neptune #1002096 Tue 27/10/20 12:00 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Not sure this is my type of place. Don't have the right sort of clothing."

She sighs softly.

"And it looks expensive. Perhaps we should look at what alternatives there are?"

She looks around at the others to see how they feel.

Neptune #1002108 Tue 27/10/20 14:00 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

"It might be quicker if we split up for our shopping", he offered. "But I think it would be a good idea to at least 'pair up'. What is everyone looking for", he asked. "Maybe some of us are looking for similar items and could pair up. That would also give us a better picture of the town ... where to eat, where to sleep ... that sort of thing."

MikeD
Neptune #1002127 Tue 27/10/20 21:03 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Online Content
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"I have some clothing that might pass. But my instruments will probably be a better way for me to make entrance. My pockets hold less than I want to spend to stay here. Though comfortable rooms would be a nice change."

He might also be able to talk to some people and gather information.

Neptune #1002153 Wed 28/10/20 06:51 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

The smaller towns like Phandelin he can handle, but the crowds here are definitely making him feel claustrophobic. Standing here in front of the inn and watching all the fancy dressed people just makes him shake his head as he says to Jaliera, "Not my kind of place either."

[ooc: Is Zindra our guide still with us? ]

Neptune #1002189 Wed 28/10/20 12:33 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She has clothes that would be acceptable for a fine establishment. Of course she'd have to remove her traveling clothes and weapons, and unless they have a room first where would she leave them?

She glances at Arus with a raised eyebrow. The man suggested this place. "Is there a more modest place to stay? We can certainly come here for drinks and to talk to others, but we do need a place to wash up and change first."

Neptune #1002213 Wed 28/10/20 19:10 UTC
AJ Online Content
Online Content
Kriv

The noble, who likewise had suitable garb at his disposal, inclined his head in the human manner at Zhu's inquiry.

Neptune #1002216 Wed 28/10/20 19:33 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He likes what he sees. He hasn't enjoyed such luxury since Neverwinter, and even that had a certain stuffiness. Out here on the frontier, things are a little looser.

Arus isn't deterred by his companions' concerns. The wealthy elite in the Protectorates had taken to dressing down some time ago, such that proprietors never can judge a book by its cover.

As far as the triton is concerned, their party has coin to spend and would elevate the status of any establishment they choose to spend it in.

"This is the perfect place to wash and change." He says to Zhu with a grin, before approaching the innkeeper.

"Greetings, my good man. Seven of your finest rooms. One night. We'll be dining in."

Neptune #1002217 Wed 28/10/20 20:15 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She just shrugs. She isn't hurting for coin, and the others, well, many of them have interests in a mine rich in minerals. Still a few don't, and a few seemed concerned about cost, but she is fine either way.

Neptune #1002234 Thu 29/10/20 03:57 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: Zindra isn't with you right now. ]

-Nep
Neptune #1002272 Thu 29/10/20 20:19 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Online Content
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

Watching the Triton approach the innkeeper he smiles. In a soft voice he says "I guess I will have to earn some coin to make my stay worthwhile. Been sometime since I stayed in such a place. However, one can learn a lot from the patrons and a song might loosen a tongue as well."

Neptune #1002511 Wed 04/11/20 16:00 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: It doesn't quite happen as Neal described, and I took liberties to keep you together for a bit, but I'll make it work smile

DM

The group stood outside the Pearl-Handled Pipe for a few moments to discuss whether or not they should go in, but Arus decided to not wait for the others to make up their mind and stepped forward and grabbed the handle of the large, ornately crafted, gilded door and pulled it open.

As the group, some reluctantly, walked inside, the opulence of the inn revealed itself in stages. First they entered into a short hallway. There were three other doors in this area. Immediately to the right was a cloak room which was attended to by a young lady who stood there with hangers ready in her hand. If anyone wanted to shed their outer coats or cloaks, she would take them and hand the person a copper coin onto which a number was inscribed. To the left was a washroom and attending it was another young woman that stood next to front of a small table which displayed perfumes, small scented soaps and rolls of cloth hand towelettes. The woman would offer a moist and warm towelette to anyone that needed the service of a quick face wash or relief. The third doorway was a set of mahogany double doors which were closed. A young man attended to that door and would present glasses of blackberry and mint flavored tea which to new guests. All of the attendants were dressed similarly in magenta crushed velvet robes which were tied at the waist by a gold colored sash which were embroidered with a pearl-handled pipe at the end. None of the attendants accepted gratuities, "Thank you, but your smiles are sufficient" they replied graciously if offered.

When the group was ready to move on, the youn man that served the tea opened the inner set of doors which revealed the magnificent lobby. The inn was much larger than it appeared to be from the outside. The lobby itself was nearly one hundred feet on each side and about fifty feet high and took up five stories. The lobby was lit in a number of ways. There were candelabras in alcoves every few feet along the perimeter lobby walls and there were fire pits with brass chimneys that reached up to to the ceiling which provided both light and heat. But the main source of light was an enormous crystal chandelier that hung from the ceiling and featured hundreds of candles. The flames from all these flickered and reflected off of thousands of small metallic tiles that were inlaid in the vaulted ceiling and each alcove. Looking upward it was easy to tell that the four upper levels were where the guest rooms were. Railed pedestrian walkways wrap around the perimeter looking down to the lobby floor below. Some doors to rooms were visible from the lobby but so were the many corridors that lead away from the center of the inn hinting that there may be hundreds of rooms at the inn. It was easy to see that this was the finest of inns. While there were certainly many examples of opulence, like the chandelier, the overwhelming aura was one of of cozy comfort. The lobby was abuzz with guests garbed in their finest clothes. Most were just milling about, sipping wine, chatting and socializing. Other's sat together in the sofas, club chairs and side tables that were organized in clusters around the fire pits throughout the lobby.

The group stepped into the lobby onto intricately designed parquet floor and made their way to the greeting desk. Arus had wanted to look for the owner, but realizes almost immediately that he would need to deal with the reception at the main desk instead so he walked over to a young man, a half elf, that worked there.

"Greetings. Seven rooms? That should be no problem. It was very busy last week during Highharvestide. Madame Elladuth Myristar said that we had over 500 guests at peak, but it looks like we've had some vacancies open up. Let me see what we have available," the receptionist said as he leafed through a ledger. He ran his finger down a page and exclaimed "Ah!" he exclaimed, "These look suitable. They're all very close to each other on the third floor. I assume you prefer to be near each other?"

-Nep
Neptune #1002514 Wed 04/11/20 16:14 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He looked at all the 'opulence' and sighed. It was clearly designed to separate a guest from as many coin as possible. He would have preferred something more ... 'modest'. But it seemed like most of the group was ... if not excited ... at least intrigued by the place. At least the receptionist was 'savvy' enough to offer rooms that kept them near each other.

MikeD
Neptune #1002562 Thu 05/11/20 13:06 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She makes it halfway down the corridor, keeping her coat, before turning to Davroar.

"Not comfortable with this, let's go find somewhere else."

Then she calls out.

"Sorry Arus, not my sort of place. I'm already on edge, going to find somewhere where I can relax."

She doesn't presume to speak for Davroar or anyone else.

Neptune #1002575 Thu 05/11/20 14:48 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

"I am with you Jaliera", he said with a smile. "A bit much for me as well."

MikeD
Neptune #1002578 Thu 05/11/20 15:28 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: it would seem that a lot of you are going to have a difficult time in Yartar smile I'll let you guys hash it out.

-Nep
Neptune #1002601 Thu 05/11/20 18:22 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Online Content
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He watched the dissension in the party. He understood. The question would be what would help them the most. For his mingling with this crowd, he might get more information than somewhere else.

Neptune #1002632 Fri 06/11/20 05:40 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

His tiny bit of curiosity which made him complacent enough to follow has vanished as he takes in the spectacle of the lobby. Feeling completely out of place here he gives Jaliera an urgent nod and says wholeheartedly to Jaliera, "Yep. Let's go!"

Like Jaliera he kept his furs on and turns his back to leave. He is sure that Kriv, Sindar, Arus and Zhu will be able to find them easily enough later on at some commoners inn or tavern, for there should surely be one somewhere close by.

Last edited by Dugan; Fri 06/11/20 05:41 UTC.
Neptune #1002640 Fri 06/11/20 08:44 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Jaliera, Davroar and Bern depart. Where are they headed?

-Nep
Neptune #1002644 Fri 06/11/20 11:59 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I think there is another inn. Let's head for the centre of town and see if we can find it."

She smiles at her friends, they are often together these days.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Angrboða
Angrboða
Tāmaki Makaurau, Aotearoa
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,828
Posts140,450
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy