Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phoenix Prime), 15 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1 Thu 05/09/02 21:10 UTC
Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
If you are looking for a game in general.. or are interested in seeing if someone would like to GM a certain type of game, this is your thread! A place for players to post their interests. Once a certain time has elapsed, requests will be deleted to keep the thread current so if a players gets no response, then he/she can post again at some later date. smile

Freelance Madman
Freelance Madman
I want to play in a Saint's Row game - have all the players be members of a gang, in a fictional city, trying to take over by brute force. The Saint's Row series does a remarkable job with making a group of characters that should, by all rights, by psychopath antagonists be fun and engaging. It might need some tinkering, but I think a group of bad, bad gangers out to have a good time and take over the city (with madcap violence,) could be a lot of fun.

It could be at times silly, frequently over the top, and the kind of game where style is far, far more important than substance. (And I might well be the only one interested.) I just wanted to poke and see if anyone poked back.

Wow! Okay first time I've looked at this thread in a while.

As for STS (despite the fact we started) -- do I really have to figure out a way to convert all my CIS files? Amazingly I still have them on 3.5 floppies! Character sheets were in Word Perfect for Mac!

Saint's Row could be interesting. I haven't played the game, but liked the promo from E3. And as you know, I'm a sucker for the video game tie-in. {Now if only I could find a job in that field.....}

And lastly, to paraphrase Lita Ford: [A Rock Band game] isn't dead...I'll be here when it comes back!

*Technically she said Heavy Metal..... *S*

Last edited by Lionhawke; Tue 09/08/11 05:23 UTC.
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
As for your old STS files...the simplest way is to use a utility to append a .txt on the end so can open them in Notepad or similar. The messy part then would be concatenating them all and pulled out the message header garbage. It's a lengthy process but can be quite fun reading the 'historical documents'. smile

M
M
Actually I =think= that Open Office can read the old WP file formats. You might give that a try.

MikeD
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OpenOffice is now LibreOffice, btw, for anyone wondering why OpenOffice had stopped getting updates. smile

Loved Saint's Row 2. Eagerly awaiting Saint's Row 3.

M
M
Hmmm ... I am still seeing the OO site with no big banner about Libre. This will bear some investigating <g>

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
When I look at the OO site, I see an announcement that the code has been given to Apache, with absolutely no reference to "LibreOffice".

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Oracle have basically kicked OpenOffice into the long grass because of the LibreOffice offshoot that sprouted after they bought out Sun Microsystems.

OpenOffice was donated to the Apache Incubator project, which is like the backburner of the Apache Foundation, whilst LibreOffice garnered support of Novell, Red Hat and Google and continues to be developed. It's now on version 3.4.

OpenOffice 3.3 and LibreOffice 3.3 are roughly the same suite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice

AJ Offline
Here's a game archetype I haven't had an opportunity to delve into in years. A political game, where each player has a high degree of agency, representing a given faction as part of a larger overarching entity. Think the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros with players as the leaders of the Great Houses, or Babylon Five with each as a beleaguered ambassador trying to avert interstellar war whilst ensuring their side's interests and past grievances are resolved.

Games of this type tend to put a lot of responsibility onto the players themselves to help move them forward, with plots, schemes, alliances and feuds something of a requirement. There have been attempts to run these in Dreamlyrics' long life, I've tried myself once or twice and eagerly jumped on the opportunity when offered. Does this sound appealing to anyone else?

D
D
Of course, it does. smile I would love to see something similar to the flavor of URC, with its kingdoms, houses and principalities. And yes, it's a great deal of responsibility for everyone participating, but I always found that game very intriguing, enjoyable and even easy to maintain, since it was principally based on great storytelling without the use of systems and/or dice-rolling. I know that's not such a popularly-held viewpoint to share in a games forum. Still, I often feel as though the strict reliance on systems and dice-rolling completely cancels out the fun of the game, at least for me.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested and would like to hear more.

Numbers Geek
Numbers Geek
I need a game.

I'm not real fussy about genre, though I tend toward Modern/Historical, Horror, and Fantasy. What's more important is the chance to roleplay.

So who out there is looking for new players?

M
M
Ya gotta be proactive ... go out there and hunt down those games <weg>

Have you talked to Pande about RGK? Not sure if there are any openings still, but we were recruiting recently.

And you might see if KenSeg has a spot in his AGF.

Oh, and I think TBC just had an opening ... not sure if they are planning to fill it or not.

MikeD
The Computer requests your presence. Happiness is Mandatory (HIM)

Numbers Geek
Numbers Geek
Thanks for the suggestions, folks. I'll be taking a look around.

I'm going to pass on HIM, but I have to commend Khamsin for jumping in with both feet here. smile

M
M
J-J ... you might take a look at HIM. It is often an 'over the top' sort of thing that is a lot of fun ... depending on what you like <g>

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
While RGK is modern day fantasy, it involves the the children of gods stomping around alternative realities at the moment. Ragnorak has begun. So by definition it is very different. Yes we do have openings, if you are interested JJ. smile

O
Revenant
Revenant
O
Also, I've been reluctant to start another game, seeing as how I'd gotten so much started and then faded - for a year. Seeing the slow development of Raven's HUF game has given me a bit more confidence.

Willing to start a one-on-one with anyone, pretty much any genre, and give it the chance to maybe grow enough in time to include others. If this sounds of interest, PM me.

O
Revenant
Revenant
O
AJ, I also would find a game of this type Most Interesting.

I am dying to play Numenera...just sayin'

O
Revenant
Revenant
O
Hadn't even heard of that until just now. Thanks Khamsin.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
I have a copy of the game. But I would rather play than run. I haven't played so I can't compare to 13th age, but both are good reads.

AJ Offline
I've got the Numenera book, waiting to see how it plays in Torment: Tides of Numenera.

I'm not presently in a position where I could GM a political game, but maybe we could grassroots it.

AJ when you say "grassroots it", what does that mean? Sorry, just unfamiliar with the term.

AJ Offline
Trying to find a term for a concept, from the ground up. In sport in the UK, the grassroots level is basically getting together with a few friends an organizing something together, far below the professional league tiers. In this case, we have a great many people expressing interest in this game concept (which involves the players shouldering a larger proportion of the creative burden) but no-one able to take the reins as a GM.

So, a pooling of resources, if you will. Building up from the ground up together rather than relying on a GM to set the scene.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pit Friend
Pit Friend
Midland, MI USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,440
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy