DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Gypsy Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 08/01/23 15:37 UTC
It had been just over a week since that night at the Golden Fleece. Henri and Miranda had been out a couple of times and were getting on well but since the Martial Arts lists went up, the team were heavily involved in practice sessions, taking up much of everyone's spare time. The team had been named as Levon, Guy, Skye and Miranda. Guy is a fierce competitor and his skills were on par with Levon's.

[Linked Image]

Henri, Ian and Emma had signed up as part of the 'supporters team' giving them a place on the coach along with about 5 others, either friends of the team or maybe some who fancied a jolly. Plus there was Mr Harding, Ben the physio and Miss Beech who would be there for the girls.

The competition will start on the Sunday with the first round qualifiers, then Monday would be the semi-finals with the finals on Wednesday, travelling back to York on the Thursday. Accommodation would be provided by Durham in shared rooms in the visitors block, girls in the west wing, boys in the east. Food in the canteen was available free of charge during their stay, competitors and supporters alike.

This is the first time that York have been included in the this competition, something Mr Harding had campaigned for. So their team will only be known by reputation. The other 3 participating universities are obviously Durham, the hosts, Newcastle and Tesside.

Everyone is gathered with luggage in the south car park as the 16 seater minibus pulls into view.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 09/01/23 00:47 UTC
{Skye}

She had one hell of a hangover the day after the Golden Fleece. "Friggin' worth it..." She had mumbled the next day at practice as the hits numbed the heartache that singing hadn't. But the week had gone quickly and now they were ready to take one the world again - this time on the mats.

The minibus pulled into view, and Skye clearly made her statement with a laugh. "I'm not driving this time."
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 09/01/23 18:50 UTC
Emma

Emma was on the coach with the other supporters, wearing school colors, and completely ready to cheer her friends, and the other team members, on to victory. Somehow, though, she suspected the cheer of, We can't be beat, taste our feet, was going to catch on. But who knows? It just might!
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 09/01/23 22:57 UTC
Ian

The rangy dark haired lad walked over in his black coat, school vest on underneath. He smiled at the friends already gathered, stopping next to Emma.

"Should be less rowdy than a football match....unless you start causing mischief." he said with a grin.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 10/01/23 00:47 UTC
Levon
He approached the minibus slightly tardy and saw the others waiting there. "Yeah, I ain't driving this thing either. I still can't figure out which way to look when I'm crossing the street," the kid from Harlem New York added to Skye's declaration. "Do we have a backup plan for when this thing dies on us?" he asks as he glances about the bus with a skeptical frown.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 10/01/23 10:59 UTC
Miranda arrives and grins at the others.

"I'm both excited and nervous. How about you guys?"

She is looking around, trying to spot Henri.

Guy ignores her and edges closer to Levon.

"Been talking to coach and trying to find out more about the other teams. Could be between you and me in the final."

He sounds confident, almost cocky.

Mr Harding and Miss Beech are standing together and consulting a clipboard, ticking people off as they arrive.

"Still a few more to come." He announces.

The drivers climbs out of the bus and moves around to open an outside luggage panel on the side of the bus.

"OK, brings me your bags for stowing as there won't be room in the bus for much."

He sounds cheerful and it is a lovely day. Sun is shining, it is warm, all a marked contrast to their last outing together.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 11/01/23 07:45 UTC
Henri

He is somewhat late and has to quick march across the car park to the bus where everyone is waiting to board. Dressed in his usual black leather jacket underneath he is wearing a dark red crewneck shirt hanging loose over black jeggings. Spotting Miranda early, he approaches from the other side of the minibus and using other people standing around as cover he slips to her side in hoping to gently surprise her he says slightly out of breath, "Salut!" Whether or not he surprises Miranda, he flashes a smile and adds, "You're looking beautiful today..."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 11/01/23 20:54 UTC
Levon
"Could be," he replied to Guy.

Guy was good and Levon knew it. More than a few of his kicks and punches have landed and they did not tickle. That made Guy a good sparring partner. Although they were a team, during competition, it was a one-on-one event.

"I'm looking forward to kicking your ass!" he said lovially.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 12/01/23 11:47 UTC
Miranda had been looking for Henri but not in the direction he came from. She manages a "Hi" before he pays his compliment, making her blush. To cover up she puts her bag down by the driver.

"Come on.." she threads an arm through Henri's "Let's get on the bus and find a good seat."

Guy looks at Levon and stares.

"Not if I kick yours first."

But it doesn't sound that jovial.

Mr Harding calls out. "Last two are just on their way." He points to two figures in the distance. "Let's get boarded."
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 13/01/23 05:47 UTC
{Skye}

She'd packed as efficiently as their last outing, so Skye tossed the overnight bag for the storage part of the coach but kept her backpack. She slid next to Emma and giggled, "Varsity style is back it seems! You look fantastic!"

Skye herself had toned down her own look for a change, opting for a simple tartan skirt in the school colors and a black crop top. She grinned at Ian, "Oh, we love trouble."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 13/01/23 07:10 UTC
Henri

He follows along with Miranda, dropping off his small backpack too for the driver to store, and letting her enter first. Quickly spotting a pair of seats two rows back from the drivers side, he points and says, "Let's sit here", and will defer to her in taking the window seat.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 17/01/23 02:53 UTC
Levon

He simply cocks his head a bit at Guy's statement, gathered his stuff and boarded the bus.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 17/01/23 22:40 UTC
Emma

Emma smiled at Skye. "Me? You look like you are going to take name... on and off the mat!" She gave her friend a wink. Clearly Emma had decided to try and start match-making again. And this time Skye might be the one she tried to match up.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 18/01/23 00:52 UTC
Ian

He grins back and moves to hand over his bag, waiting for the girls and boarding the bus behind them.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 19/01/23 15:25 UTC
Finally the luggage is stowed, everyone has settled into a seat and they are off! As they travel further north, closer to their last terrifying adventure, this time they can appreciate the beauty of the north east of England. Stark in places, wild but with a beauty of its own. And this time it is summer. so against a backdrop of blue skies, small puffy white clouds and sunshine.

The mood in the bus is cheerful, an undercurrent of excitement even from those not competing as people feel they are escaping the studying and even having a small holiday!

There is a fair amount of traffic on the major dual carriageway of the A1 but no real holdups or accidents so about an hour and three quarters after setting off, they are entering the city of Durham.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 20/01/23 22:28 UTC
{Skye}

She could tell that Emma was conspiring for something, but Skye laughed and switched subjects. Throughout the trip they giggled and kept comparing fashion notes and bits of celeb gossip from May's Met Ball and what Simbarashe Cha from The NY Times was shooting in streetwear versus what was happening in London, Paris, and Singapore.

And then, of course, there were the latest music trends they all had to share and what they were hoping to be when they all grew up. Phew! One hundred minutes just flew by!

As they drew closer to Durham, Skye began to focus on more than the holiday. She was there to win. But, she did share some mock-ups of her competition gi.

"Of course I need to have a bit of my own flare out there - despite the official guidelines" She nudged Emma and the others gathered around. "I even brought needle and thread to finish them off. Which one do you think gang? Oh, and the red belt is just me fantasizing to be at the top levels."

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 21/01/23 06:33 UTC
Henri

Getting out to see some place different is always exciting, and the company is especially nice sitting beside him. Hearing Skye, he asks in general, "Thought a black belt is the top level?"
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 21/01/23 23:51 UTC
{Skye}

"You're right - for most disciplines you have the different degrees of blackbelt at the top." Skye nodded almost sagely. "And the red belt is often a pre-black stage --- I had mine in Taekwondo back in high school. But a red belt can also recognize a grandmaster. Jiu-jitsu follows that path - and I've been concentrating more in that discipline as of late.

"Just don't tell my eomeoni! She'd not be pleased I'm not wholly focused on the traditional Korean arts." The young woman laughed, but kept a very serious look.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 24/01/23 06:10 UTC
Henri

"I won't tell. I've no idea who or what an eomeoni is", he says with a slight chuckle.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 24/01/23 12:36 UTC
Miranda is glued to the window, pointing out things to Henri. Then as he talks to Skye, she slips her hand into his, giving his hand a squeeze.

Guy is kneeling on his seat, facing backwards, regaling a couple with stories, all focused on him. They do seem to be interested though.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 24/01/23 19:47 UTC
Emma

"Well I think red is just your color, and your improvements look fantastic!" Emma grinned at her friend. It looked like she would have to take potential match-making behind the scenes, but that was okay. It gave Skye some plausible deniability.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 25/01/23 06:11 UTC
{Skye}

"Eomeoni...my mother -- in Korean." Skye laughed. "I won't tell yours either...yet." She slyly nodded towards Miranda and giggled.

"Now!" Switching direction of conversation, as she was wont to do, "Emma says I need to wear red for my date with her..match-up!" It was a silly half-second pause, and Skye hugged her friend teasingly and lovingly. "We'll be crafty."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 25/01/23 07:55 UTC
Henri

He gives a bit of a sad smile and gently squeezes back when Miranda surprises him as she slips his hand into his, and quietly says to Miranda, "No chance for Skye to get back at me. My mom died shortly after I was born." Not wanting to be so maudlin he adds in a more conspiratorial tone, "But, my older sister is quite the gossip. Better not tell her that though."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 25/01/23 14:54 UTC
Miranda squeezes his hand again as he mentions his Mom. And adds "I'm good with that" when he mentions his sister.

It is a good atmosphere on the bus. Everyone is upbeat and interested.

Then the bus pulls up outside of what must be a college block. Mr Harding stands, holding onto the back of a seat as the bus is still moving, though you can tell he has good balance.

"Right. We are here. This will be where we stay for the next few days. So I want everyone to get off the bus once it stops and retrieve your luggage. Make sure you don't leave anything on the bus, perhaps you could do a last minute check Miss Beech?"

She nods and smiles at him.

As the bus comes to a standstill he gets off and a girl who had been waiting on the pavement steps up to him to confirm they are the York contingent.

"Hi I'm Hilary" she says brightly. "I'm your liaison at Durham. I'm here to see you settled in and answer any questions you may have."

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 27/01/23 06:56 UTC
Henri

It's nice to finally arrive, as Henri steps off the bus and wanders a bit to stretch his legs while waiting for the driver to pull out everyone's luggage.

Feeling a bit thirsty and hungry he asks Hilary, "Where's the best place for food?"
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 27/01/23 12:38 UTC
Hilary smiles at Henri.

"As soon as we have shown you to rooms and you have unpacked, I am going to take you all to the cafeteria. It is pretty good."

At Hilary's smile, Miranda moves to Henri, slipping an arm through his.

"That will be good. Thanks Hilary."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 27/01/23 13:54 UTC
Levon

He's been quiet for most of the ride, but as he gets off the bus carrying his bag he drops it and start doing some stretches to loosen up a bit after the ride.

"Food's a good idea. I'm hungry too."

He grins at the sight of the clingy girl, Miranda as she grabbed hold of Henri. Levon was happy that his friend met someone. Maybe it'll work out for him.

"To the cafeteria!" he says to Hilary. "By the way, I'm Levon" he adds.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 27/01/23 16:09 UTC
"Hi Levon" she smiles at him too.

"Sounds like we need to speed up the settling in. Don't they feed you at York?"

She chuckles, looking around to assess progress.

"Mr Harding, if you could take the male contingent? You have 4 rooms on the top floor, all 2 bed, 11 to 14, all overlooking the front. I'll take the ladies to the other wing, also top floor front, rooms 11 to 13 as one has 3 beds. Keys are in the door with spares."

"OK girls, if you follow me."

She leads the way in and up the stairs which are opposite the glass entrance doors commenting..

"These are never locked so I'd advise that you keep your rooms locked at night and when you are out."

Heading upstairs, you can see she is light on her feet and fairly fit. She points Mr Harding to the left and leads the girls to the right.

"Bathrooms are marked on the doors. Here we go. The first room is the one with the extra bed, the next two have 2 each. You'll need to decide who shares with who."
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 30/01/23 22:45 UTC
Emma

Emma popped up besides Henri. "Oh yes, somewhere with amazing chips, please!"
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 31/01/23 13:56 UTC
Levon

He just picked a room for two, went in, dropped his bag, picked the nearest bed, and plopped himself down.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 01/02/23 01:43 UTC
{Skye}

"I'm heading to Lucky 13!" She smiled like it was witty and challenging, but Skye simply didn't want to deal with traffic going back and forth in front of her room.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 01/02/23 14:03 UTC
Miranda looks disappointed and glances at Emma, sure that they would share. She had been hoping to share with them in the room for 3 but perhaps they don't want her. So she waits to see what others do.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 01/02/23 19:26 UTC
{Skye}

She caught the look from Miranda to Emma. If there was one thing that Skye had learned over the extra years schooling from her peers, was to be aware of moods and responses. It was something that she hoped would help her in the music biz - though she kicked herself for not anticipating better.

"But you know..." She paused dramatically right before passing room 1, "based on my luck it would be the room with the ghost! Hell with that!" Skye pulled Emma and Miranda in behind her."Besides -- we need to know all the deets on you and Henri!"
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 02/02/23 07:17 UTC
Henri

He laughs with Emma's outburst for "amazing chips", and silently hopes the food will live up to Hilary's review. Grabbing his backpack he is ready to go, walking alongside Miranda. Reaching the top of the stairs, he will say, "Miranda, I guess once we get rooms sorted out, let's meet up at the cafeteria, ok?"

Then following Mr. Harding to the left he looks to the other guys and asks just as Levon disappears into the closest room, "Who's going where...?" As he is not sure if Mr. Harding has room assignments or if it is up to them on who is sharing a room.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 02/02/23 12:55 UTC
Miranda agrees with a smile before disappearing with the girls.

Mr Harding responds to Henri.

"Up to you guys. I'll take the last space."

He smiles, noting the first room number against Levon on his clipboard.

On the girls side, Miranda's delighted smile lights the corridor.

"Great to be sharing with you two, as long as it's OK with you?"
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 02/02/23 13:14 UTC
{OOC Take a look in the Gallery under NPCs - York for the rest of the York contingent}
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 02/02/23 13:40 UTC
Ian

"Doesn't matter to me. Henri?" he asks, glancing over at him.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 02/02/23 19:23 UTC
Emma

"Completely okay with me- especially if we get a room with ghosts..." She smiles and gives a look at Skye. "Seriously though, I think it would be fun. Sort of a girl's weekend... with lots of kicking for some of you." Emma's grasp of mixed martial arts was clearly limited.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 03/02/23 06:12 UTC
Henri

Apparently there is no room assignments, so he looks to Ian, gives a sleight shrug, and quickly says, "Sure, let's grab this room together."
The last thing he wants is to share a room with Mr. Harding. Henri does not have a grudge against Harding, it is just that he knows little about the man, and would rather share a room with someone he knows better. With a quick decision made to share a room with Ian, Henri drops his backpack at the foot of one of the two beds and stretches out on it, testing out to see how comfortable it is.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 03/02/23 11:03 UTC
The beds are OK but not great.

On the boys side, the two friends Sam and Geoff take a room. Ross moves into Levon's room asking "Am I OK in here or is this bed already taken?" And Guy moves into the last room. If Ross is acceptable to Levon it looks like My Harding will be sharing with Guy.

On the girls side, Skye, Emma and Miranda take the first room. It is a little cramped with the extra bed in the middle. Janina and Penny grab the second room leaving Beech and Miss Beech together which may seem appropriate.

Hilary is with the girls.

"Everyone ready for the cafeteria? You can leave your stuff in your room but I would suggest locking it. There are 2 keys for each room. Then we'll collect the lads and be on our way."

Hilary smiles, she has the makings of an air hostess the way she is dealing with everyone, or perhaps a tour guide?
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 03/02/23 19:10 UTC
Levon

When Ross walks into the room Levon had chosen and asks if it's okay for him to take the other bed, Levon sniffs the air and squints his eye before letting his smile appear. "You don't stink so I guess it's fine. I'm Levon. I'm from NEW York."
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 05/02/23 22:00 UTC
{Skye}

She giggled at Emma's comment. It was exactly what Skye needed to release the stress and anxiety of the last few months -- some silliness and ass-kicking. She looked around the room and plopped down on the center bed. It didn't have a lot of bounce, but it would be fine.

"No secrets in tight quarters, as my dad would say." Skye nudged Miranda teasingly with her booted foot before Hillary popped back in the room.

"No third key for us?" She cocked her head and asked the hostess as they headed out.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 06/02/23 12:43 UTC
"There are only 2 for each room, though the college bursar holds master keys in case of emergency. Sorry."

She smiles.

Back in Levon's room, Ross replies with a grin.

"New York? What made you want to study over here? I'm from Warwickshire, near to where Shakespeare was born."

He adds a reference that might mean something to an American.

"Are you competing or spectating?"
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 06/02/23 19:14 UTC
Emma

Emma takes the bed off to the right side of the room, and stowed her stuff quickly, making sure it was out of the way for everyone else. As Skye asked about the key, she looked at the other two. "You two take the keys. If something happens and I need to come back here alone, I can always ask the bursar."

Besides, Em doubted she would be without one or the other of her roommates during the trip.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 07/02/23 01:24 UTC
{Skye}

"Oh....we'll be attached at the hip, Em. No worries." Skye laughed as she locked down her own gear in her military-style duffle.

"Now let's go raise some hell in Durham and check-out the competition!" She locked up the dorm behind them all and tossed the other key to Miranda. "Catch!"
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 07/02/23 06:30 UTC
Henri

Getting out of the bed and back to his feet With a bit of a disappointed look on his face, he says to Ian, "Well, not the most comfortable, but it will do."

Henri will grab his iPad out of his backpack, grabs one of the keys, and adds, "Well, let's go Ian, and see what everyone else is up to..."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 08/02/23 20:15 UTC
Levon

"Shakespeare? Hmmm. That's a rapper, right?" he snickered. "Nah. That's cool. Ain't to far from here, right?"

"I needed a change in scenery but didn't feel like learning another language," he replied to Ross when asked about why he came to the UK. "And I guess I'm competing. I just hope to hold my own."
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 08/02/23 20:36 UTC
Emma

"Raising hell? Demonic summoning? Sounds fun!" Emma says with a laugh. Still it would be nice to get out and have an interesting time of things. Durham would not know what hit them, in the matches and outside!
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 08/02/23 22:54 UTC
{Skye}

"You must be confusing me with Wednesday Addams." Skye looped arms with Emma and gestured for Miranda to catch-up. "Well, we do shop at the same boo-tique!"

**Oh. We are going to own this town.** She didn't want to get too cocksure about it...but she was getting excited before reminding herself, **and why did eomeoni always use the formal phrase? Don't be a dick, remember...eolin-i.**
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 09/02/23 12:45 UTC
As the visitors started to emerge, Hilary gathered them together a the top of the stairs.

"Cafeteria next, yes? And I also need to tell you of an event we have planned for tonight which will help you to learn your way around Durham. Just a bit of fun."

She smiles broadly.

Mr Harding steps forward.

"Sounds great Hilary. Is there somewhere the team could have a practice session this afternoon?"

"I'll check and see if I can book you a session in the gym."

She smiles at the teacher who has obviously not forgotten what they are here for.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 09/02/23 18:48 UTC
Ian

He grabs his coat and joins Henri as they gather with the others at the top of the stairs.

"Food and fun, this is sounding like a good time." he says quietly to Henri next to him.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 09/02/23 22:18 UTC
Emma

She laughed at the boo-tique joke. Skye definitely got her sense of humor. Or maybe she was the one who got Skye's... whichever way it was, it worked. And then they were told of an event to help them learn their way around Durham. "It sounds a bit like speed-dating the town. Now- that might be fun, a scavenger kiss-hunt." DOubtful it would be that, but if it was... definitely possibilities.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 12/02/23 08:01 UTC
Henri

He nods in agreement to Ian and asks, "Hilary, come on! Give us some details." Then quickly finding his lack of manners adds, "S'il vous plaît."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 13/02/23 12:12 UTC
Hilary starts down the stairs.

"We can talk as we go. Wouldn't want to deprive you hungry lot of food any longer than necessary."

Henri feels Miranda's hand slip into his.

Hilary continues.

"This event will be in the evening so shouldn't interfere with your training practice if I can get you a slot."

She leads the group out of the building and turns right on the path.

"Not sure what I call it but it is a sort of treasure hunt but with no treasure." She chuckles. "Clues are given that, if worked out correctly, lead you to a pub. In that pub are some Durham students who have the next clue. They are likely to require something from you in order to provide the next clue. You need to form teams minimum 3, maximum 6, in order to participate. We've run them before and they are quite a lot of fun."

As they move down the sloping path, she points out a single storey building, an elongate hexagon shape containing quite a lot of glass.

"That's the cafeteria. I have a pass for each of you that will entitle you to free meals."

She hands these out.

"Don't lose them, they also have my number on them if you need me. I'll leave you now and go sort out your gym session hopefully. Enjoy lunch."

She waves goodbye.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 14/02/23 06:57 UTC
Henri

A quick thanks and a smile to Hilary, Henri takes the cafeteria pass and slips it into his inside jacket pocket. Then turning to Miranda he asks, "So who should we team up with?"

They would be just at the limit, if they want to form one team with Levon, Ian, Skye, and Emma.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 14/02/23 11:35 UTC
Miranda looks over at Skye and Emma with a raised eyebrow. Then grins as she realises that with Ian and Levon they would be just 6. Perfect! She is the outsider here though, so better if one of the others suggests it.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 15/02/23 15:05 UTC
Levon
He takes the slip from Miranda thinking Ain't no such thing as a free meal as he jams it into he pocket.

"Yo. That sounds like it could be fun. Who wants me on their team?" he asked.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 15/02/23 16:00 UTC
Ian

He looks around and smiles.

"Looks like we have the team right here. All of us working together."
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 15/02/23 21:18 UTC
{Skye}

"We're definitely the team! Even with Levon!" Skye shot an easily blockable punch towards her New York friend. "But...West Coast is still Best Coast." She jibed. "But - time to officially welcome Miranda as part of The Gang!

Then, for no apparent reason, Skye added giggling. "Ian - you may kiss the girl now!"
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 16/02/23 14:33 UTC
Levon

Skye's punch is easily blockable but he grabbed her arm, turned his body and using her inertia with a judo move, dropped her to the ground but cradled her head so it wouldn't hit pavement.

There, on the ground over her, Levon moved close and said, "Girl. You're trouble!" before letting go and jumping back to his feet, lending Skye a hand up.

"Yeah Miranda. Welcome to the team!"
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 16/02/23 23:09 UTC
Emmma

"Ah the obligatory kiss to welcome a new member." Em nodded sagely at Skye's idea as if it had always been that way. Let the match making begin!
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 16/02/23 23:32 UTC
Ian

He glanced at the girls, raising an eyebrow.

" What if she would prefer a kiss from one of you instead?" he said with a sly grin.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 17/02/23 18:55 UTC
{Skye}

Admittedly, she was surprised with Levon's take-down move and statement. Skye wondered if he really was still upset with her for pulling away from what could have been a relationship. Then again, perhaps he was simply right. As she got to her feet, she patted Levon's face gently with a softened look and response.

"I'm trying to be better." Skye smiled, thankfully distracted by Emma and Ian's enthusiasm for a kiss. She really was trying to be better - and didn't want to be baited any further. "I believe, then, it is the Lady's choice."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 18/02/23 06:25 UTC
Henri

He is not a typical "kiss-happy" Frenchman, so he is quite nonplussed with Skye's suggestion for Ian to kiss Miranda. Henri still has Miranda's hand in his and she will obviously feel his rigidity in letting go if she does disengage to take a kiss from whomever she wants.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 18/02/23 12:57 UTC
Miranda

She colours but smiles at Ian.

"No offence but if it is my choice, then I choose Henri."

She turns to him and gives his a kiss on the lips. It is short but sweet.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 18/02/23 19:20 UTC
Levon
He said nothing but smiled back at Skye and shot her back a playful wink. He was pretty sure that the wink would get under her skin more than the take down did.

Then his attention turned to Miranda and Henri.

"Get a room you two!" he snickered.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 19/02/23 12:07 UTC
Hilary had left them to their own devices with the cafeteria just ahead of them. They enter the building which is light and airy inside like a massive greenhouse.

[Linked Image]

There is lots of choice. A large self service salad area, a counter serving hot meals such as a tuna pasta bake, chicken pie, chips, beef casserole. Another area with snacks including sandwiches, crisps, yoghurts, fruit.

The noise level hits them as they enter. The acoustics accentuating the sounds. It is lunch time and busy.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 20/02/23 19:03 UTC
{Skye}

She had gotten hungry, but in the cacophony stopped short after the entrance trying to decide the best balance of foods for competition. "It's a pity there isn't a sushi selection," Skye muttered to Em.

"I don't want anything that will make me too sluggish on the mat." She explained absently then laughed. "Salad it is - and let's see if we can find some proteins that aren't covered in English sauce."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 21/02/23 07:48 UTC
Henri

He can't stop his own blush when Miranda kisses him in front of everyone. His relationship with Miranda is only into its second week and Henri still has occasional anxiety about how well it is going. For now, he manages to hide it with a smile and announces, “Ok Miranda, your officially inducted into our group.” He gives her hand an assuring squeeze before releasing it and adds, “Now let’s see about some lunch!”
Moving in, he will get in line to grab a plate and head over to the snack area to grab a sandwich, some crisps and a green apple.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 21/02/23 09:56 UTC
Emma

Emma shakes her head at her friend, Skye might not want something saucy, but she definitely did. "Since I am not going to be tossed around any time soon... that chicken bake looks divine! But, Skye, it looks like they have some sandwiches over there... or maybe some other choices are just hiding around. I mean the team here will have similar food ideas, right?"
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 21/02/23 10:46 UTC
[OOC there are pieces of chicken, ham and salmon next to the salad area.]
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 21/02/23 13:19 UTC
Ian

He hides a grin at Henri's blush and moves along with Emma and the others to the food area, taking a chicken pie, some yogurt and fruit.

"Things are starting out well." he says quietly to Emma next to him with a chuckle.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 22/02/23 03:53 UTC
{Skye}

Skye made do with what was there, separating herself from her friends that dove into the standard college fare. Honestly, she realized, it wasn't much different from the cafeteria fare at her undergrad dorm.

"Salmon, salad, some fruit," she voiced, just to be clear. "Oh...salmon and...bacon - that's good!" It was a pretty immense salad when she was done, but it would do. Skye counted out the calorie and protein estimates. "Need some carbs too..."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 23/02/23 11:47 UTC
The six of them choose their meals and manage to get a table together.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 24/02/23 12:10 UTC
Levon

He was hungry and so he grabbed a sandwich and found a seat with the others.

"I could eat a horse!" he exclaimed. Then he lifted the top slice of bread and looked inside. "This might be horse!" he added.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 25/02/23 02:17 UTC
{Skye}

She laughed at Levon's exclamation, but added as she noshed on her own meal. "Not likely here in Britain anymore. But I had it a few times growing up in Japan. It was thinly sliced, almost like sashimi..."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 25/02/23 12:27 UTC
They notice Hilary move to Mr Harding who is seated at a nearby table.

"I have booked you a 2 hour slot starting at 2.30 this afternoon for your training. Here is a map of the campus. I've marked the gym in red. Hope that's OK?"

Mr Harding smiles at her.

"Thanks Hilary. Perfect. You are looking after us very well."

As she waves and leaves, he goes back to eating his salad and roll.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 27/02/23 21:28 UTC
{Skye}

Catching the scrap of conversation from Hilary, Skye notes that their schedule is filling up. "Bit of a walk after eating. Practice 230 to 430. More food. And then off to find pub clues!"
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 28/02/23 07:58 UTC
Henri

He stops eating his sandwich and washes it down with a gulp of water before looking at Skye with a bit of an incredulous look. "Ugh, you actually ate horse meat?"
Just the though of eating horse meat almost, but not quite, puts him off from picking up his sandwich again to take another bite.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 28/02/23 11:41 UTC
Levon

"What's worse? Horse or snails?" he asked out loud while taking a bite of his sandwich.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 01/03/23 08:09 UTC
Henri

He is not sure if Levon is being rhetorical or not, but either way he makes an ugly face as he tries not to think about eating horse or snails. Looking to Levon and then to Skye, he says to them with a smile, "Honestly, I think you're trying to make me spew."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 01/03/23 10:56 UTC
Miranda pipes in.

"Tripe is worse. Eating the inside of a cow's stomach. Yuck!"
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 01/03/23 17:50 UTC
{Skye}

It was a funny realization that being a few years older, and having travelled more extensively than the others --- **Uprooted and plopped down in the middle of a military stockade more like it!** She thought with only a bit of bitterness --- that some experiences didn't shock her as much.

"Ha!" Skye laughed at Henri's reaction. "Then I better not list out all the other crazy things I've eaten -- like scorpion and sea horses! Crunchy!" She giggled with a bit of a cackle.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 02/03/23 18:55 UTC
Emma

Em shakes her head. "You would think snails would be worse, but really if they are done right... I kind of enjoy them. Not sure I would like sea horses though. They look too cute to eat. Snails, definitely not cute, so they are on the menu." Emma was not a hugely picky eater, and had tried a few things, but sea horse? While she might try it, one day, she would not go out of her way to find a place that served it either.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 03/03/23 14:17 UTC
Levon

"I'll take your word for it," he said dryly to Skye as he took a bite from his sandwich.

Then he wiped his face with his sleeve and said to Henri, "Nope. I ain't tryin to make my team mate blow chunks, but if you feel like you must, turn away from me first."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 04/03/23 08:33 UTC
Henri

"No worries Levon. I'm good, but lets talk instead about this pub scavenger hunt. I wonder how many other teams we're going up against? Hilary didn't mention if there was any prize for being first to complete did she?"
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 04/03/23 16:53 UTC
Levon

"I guess we'll find out," he shrugged.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 04/03/23 18:54 UTC
{Skye}

She'd finished up and was ready for the next adventure or fight - whichever came first. "Okay. What's next? Walking off some of our food before practice?" Skye leaned over to Em and Miranda.

"Shopping counts for walking, right?"
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 06/03/23 12:13 UTC
All their phones beep with an incoming text.

Hi it's Hilary. Gym is booked for competitors from 2.30 to 4.30. Mr Harding has a campus map. And there are seats for observers if desired. Tonight, after you have eaten, can you all meet up outside the cafeteria where we will explain the rules and provide you with maps and the first clue? The team that make it to the end with the most points wins. How you gain points will become clear but it wouldn't go amiss to turn up in fancy dress. Good luck! 🍀
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 06/03/23 22:47 UTC
Emma

"Shopping does count as..." Emma stops as her phone, and that of the others, chimes. "Well sounds like our evening is booked, but we definitely need time to fit in some shopping along the way!" Fancy dress? She had an outfit or two that might work.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 07/03/23 00:16 UTC
Levon
"Fancy dress? Sheesh, I'm gonna need you gals to dress me up. My fashion sense is jeans and a t-shirt."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 07/03/23 05:57 UTC
Henri

With his phone in hand with a concerned look, he says, "Yes. I definitely did not pack anything fancy either. There must be someplace where we could rent a suit at least?"

Henri does not have the sort of cash to just buy a fancy suit at whim. Quietly talking to his phone he says, "Hey Siri. Where is nearest suit rentals?"
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 07/03/23 19:47 UTC
Ian

He hadn't pack a suit either as he hadn't had any idea that this trip would require such. He had a nice pair of slack and a button up shirt at least. Perhaps that would do.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 08/03/23 11:59 UTC
Miranda

"Fancy dress! That could be fun. Perhaps we could go as joint characters?"

She grins at Henri.

"Maybe a couple of ghosts? We could find some white sheets at a charity shop?"

She is thinking about money as she has to work hard to make the most of what little she has.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 08/03/23 22:39 UTC
Emma

"Wonderful idea, Miranda! I am sure we could all find something retro, or interesting, even if it was just something to spruce up what we brought with us."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 09/03/23 08:23 UTC
Henri

He shakes his head at Miranda's idea of dressing up in white sheets, but her idea of going to a second-hand store is a good one.

"No. No ghost for me, but perhaps we can find a charity shop that might offer some period style clothing along the lines of Sherlock Holmes?"
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 09/03/23 13:34 UTC
Siri pipes up.

"You might try Woven, Mr Grey or Parkins. Can I provide directions?"

Miranda shakes her head grinning. "Not that likely but you never know."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 10/03/23 06:08 UTC
Henri

Rather than getting directions, he will check each of the three businesses websites (if they have one). Henri will be looking to see which one might offer some unique clothing at reasonable prices.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 10/03/23 09:11 UTC
They all seem to be selling standard men's suits.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 10/03/23 20:18 UTC
{Skye}

It's fun to see a bit of the excitement and anxiety of getting dressed up. For her part, Skye is excited to see what she can find for herself to play with. She leans over to Levon,

"I'm sure we can find something that might fit..." She laughed. "And is better than a t-shirt. Em, what do you think. It's not like going through London-town, but we can apply a bit of the fancy rock style here? This is still a university town."

She started humming Macklemore's "Thrift Shop"

I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I'm, I'm, I'm huntin', lookin' for a come up
This is fucking awesome...

[Sorry I thought I'd posted earlier in the week...]
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 12/03/23 11:40 UTC
Mr Harding comes over to their table. He is smiling.

"Hi everyone. Everything OK? I assume you will all be joining in the event tonight. Maybe one team?"

He looks around those at the table.

"Myself, Miss Beech, Ben and his local girlfriend, Lorna are entering. Sounds like a lot of fun. And we are hoping that Lorna and Ben's local knowledge might give us an edge."

He chuckles. He is a good teacher and supportive but as they all know, he has a competitive spirit.

"So I'll see at least some of you at 2.30 then? Here's is where the gym is located."

He shows them the campus map provided by Hilary.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 14/03/23 21:58 UTC
Emma

Emma grins at Skye. "Oh I think shopping of any sort is a wonderful way to pass the time. And a store to buy treasures of someone's past? I am definitely in for that. Who knows, maybe we will find outfits enchanted to enamor anyone who looks at us? Or, at the very least, something chic and mysteriously vintage."

When asked by Mr. Harding if they were entering, Emma nodded. "Count on us!"
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 15/03/23 06:49 UTC
Henri

He is not much of a clothes shopper and since all of the shops he has found so far are just selling regular suits, the closest one will probably be the one he will go to. While not sure just how long it will take for him to get to a store and back he asks Mr. Harding, "Will you guys be actually sparring in practice, or is it more of just warm-up exercises?"

The sparring might be fun to watch, otherwise he will probably just spend time walking around to get to know the area before the evening events.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 15/03/23 13:01 UTC
Mr Harding grins.

"Definitely sparring, wouldn't be much of a practice otherwise."
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 16/03/23 18:09 UTC
{Skye}

"Mister Harding - do we have any intelligence on the match-ups?" Skye piped up, remembering why they were actually here. "I'd be happy to beat Levon as usual.." She grinned and made a motion with her fingers towards her friend as if to say, *I've got my eyes on you....**.

"Because they'll be different styles and body-types to handle here, it'd be good to do a little practice that way - without giving away too many of our tricks." It made perfect sense to her.

"And maybe it'll help with my femme mystérieuse look tonight." She made the same eyes on you look towards Emma.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 16/03/23 23:03 UTC
Emma

"Oh you will look smashing, no matter what we find, Skye!" Emma had a few ideas already swirling in her imagination, it was just to see what was available to them when they all went shopping.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 17/03/23 03:41 UTC
{Skye}

Keeping silly, she made a dramatic jazz hands gesture and blushed slightly. But, Skye figured that she'd given Mr. Harding an assignment -- coaches liked that. And that they didn't really need to figure it out here.

"So - we'll see you at the gym at 230, Mister Harding." She rose and started to gather the team. "But there are some major psi ops missions at hand and working off lunch. So shopping it is! Em is now in charge!"

[OOC: actually realized that we could lift a little burden from Gypsy and write silly stuff about shopping before heading back. Mina you should lead. [evil giggles]]
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 17/03/23 11:42 UTC
Mr Harding smiles.

"The format I've been told is a knock out competition, well two. Females in one, males in the other.. so you are safe Levon."

He grins.

"And Ben and I have already decided to scout out the opposition, you guys can probably help there. I believe others may also be sparring in the gym. There will be a draw at the beginning so we don't know who you will face until we start."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 18/03/23 06:47 UTC
Henri

Finishing the last bit of his lunch, Henri is ready to get going with finding a cheap jacket and slacks. Looking at the directions to the nearest place for suits on his phone he asks the women, "So where are going for clothes?"

He turns his phone over to point to where the place he is going on his map, and says, "I'm going here, so don't know if the shops you're interested in are close by?"
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 27/03/23 13:30 UTC
Mr Harding waves Ben over.

"Where's a good place to get fancy dress costumes?"

Ben sees Henri has his phone out and moves around to look over his shoulder.

"I'd try Real Fancy in the market place. Has a good selection."
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 28/03/23 18:28 UTC
Emma

Emma looks at the others. "Sounds like the best bet? Ready now, or shall we look around here first?" Personally Em was ready to do a little retail relaxation.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 28/03/23 21:24 UTC
Levon
"I'm ready whenever. Ain't got no plans but to hang with you guys and maybe spar a bit if we had time. I'm relying on you ladies to dress me up."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 29/03/23 06:44 UTC
Henri

"Thanks, Ben. I'll check it out then."

When everyone is done lunch, he will slip his phone back into his jacket pocket, nods to Emma, and says, "Let's get to this market."
Henri wants to find a decent jacket and slacks without spending too much time just shopping.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 30/03/23 11:53 UTC
They leave the canteen as a group and head into town, finding the market area easily with use of phones. Real Fancy is a small shop front tucked away in a corner but that is deceptive as the shop extends quite a way back. There are 3 people serving as they enter, all moving towards you as their only potential customers right now. The shop is cluttered, racks of costumes take up much of the floor space with each of the side walls shelved and containing hats, belts, scarves, masks and many other items. At the back is a long counter and a door behind.

"Hi there. You all together? What are you looking for?"

The guy is in his twenties, dark with a moustache and wearing a pirate hat. The two girls are a similar age, one has a vampire mask, the other a halo.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 31/03/23 00:12 UTC
{Skye}

They were a rag-tag-gaggle of friends as they poured into the shop. Skye grinned as they entered and whispered to Em holding her arm, "It's more beautiful than Christmas!" She had to laugh when they received so much attention, but it was Skye who spoke up first.

"Yes. We're in town for a competition at Durham. They've invited us to a "fancy" event this eve." Skye naturally started to edge towards the girl in the vampire mask. "Curious if you know anything about it - we're ready for glam up for _anything_."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 01/04/23 09:51 UTC
The pirate grins at Skye.

"No, we have not heard anything but maybe the rest of the day will be busy!"

He looks happy.

"So do you want a themed dress for your group or do want something individual?"
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 03/04/23 05:02 UTC
{Skye}

"Hmmm." Skye turned to Em for the consultation. "There is a power to a themed team - but also we could come off looking like assholes...my dad loved the movie Dodgeball -- but said 'never look like a Globo-gym purple dildo...'"

Skye actually blushed with that. "Oh my gawd. Sorry. It's the life.. as they say."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 04/04/23 03:39 UTC
Henri

He is not sure if everyone should stick to the same theme, but he would be willing to at least try to pair up with whatever Miranda wants.
For the moment, he will just ask, "Is what we see here all you have or you have a catalog we can browse?"
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 04/04/23 11:11 UTC
The vampire girl interjects.

"We don't have a catalogue but we do have some stuff in the back. Let your imaginations run riot. Tell us your ideas. Let's see what we can come up with."

The angel adds.

"Themes can be cool. We can do pirates, undead, heaven and hell, vikings and lots more."
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 04/04/23 15:17 UTC
Emma

Em thinks for a moment. "Skye, themed but not pushing it... We could do a loose theme? Famous actors from the past, or maybe characters in movies? Something that would be recognizable in a group, but not over the top? Famous fictional detectives..." Emma shakes her head. "Let's just go look and see what our imaginations could come up with?"
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 08/04/23 21:05 UTC
Levon
"Youz gals can pick out the costumes but I get veto power. I ain't wearin' no pansy-ass outfit."
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 10/04/23 21:28 UTC
{Skye}

"I guess that's a "hard No" to sparkly red hot pants and matching Kinky Boots to show off your legs?" Skye teased the big man before turning back to Em. "Hmmm. I like the characters in movies - any suggestions for a group this big?"
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 13/04/23 15:16 UTC
Emma

"Clue? Lots of characters in that one with some distinctive outfits." Emma thought about some of her favorite movies, "But it might be easier to keep it to a type of character across a few movies. I think it might depend on what they have. I mean, we could decide on a movie and the outfits just might not match." So, see the outfits, and then try to coble a theme from them? That seemed like a good idea.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 13/04/23 16:39 UTC
The pirate has been listening.

"well we have a number of Star Wars costumes. And we could do something based on fairy tales or nursery rhymes. Marvel? Toy Story?"

He looks at them enquiringly.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 14/04/23 01:26 UTC
{Skye}

"Oh. I think Clue would be fantastic! And it twists our little mystery reputation." Skye turned to the Pirate. "We wanted classy. Can you make it happen? There are lots of characters to choose from for both the boys and the girls..." She began to list each movie character:

"Let's see..there's
* Mrs. Peacock
* Wadsworth the Butler
* Mrs. White
* Professor Plum
* Mr. Green
* Colonel Musterd
* Miss Scarlet - dibs! unless you want her Em....
* Yvette the Maid
* Mr. Boddy even!

What do you all think?" Skye summed up.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 14/04/23 15:07 UTC
"Oh I'm sure we can do something."

The angel says to her boss.

"Just Googling the characters so we have something to work off."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 15/04/23 20:32 UTC
Levon
He didn't play those types of games when he was a kid so he was unsure about it. "Yeah. And if you have pictures or something...."
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 15/04/23 23:12 UTC
{Skye}

She looked at Emma with a bit of incredulity that they seemed to be the only ones to have seen the zany movie. "We'll watch it when we get back home. It's like Agatha Christie goes a bit campy. All the same type of cliched characters." Skye explained. "Unless you really are jonesing to be Thor. We would have to find you a blonde wig." She grinned.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 15/04/23 23:33 UTC
Levon

"Agatha who?" he asked, having never heard of her.

ooc: I started playing in a FTF D&D game last week. I'm sitting at the table and players were describing their PCs. One young woman (20-ish) said her PC's name was (something like) Zeddenathrial "but call me Zed". I said, "Zed is Dead". She responded "Huh?" I said "From Pulp Fiction". She said "Huh?". I said "The Quentin Tarantino movie". She said "Quentin who?". I felt very old.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 16/04/23 11:38 UTC
The Angel turned her hone around for the group and her boss to see.

"Here is the cast of Clue. We should be able to put enough together to do these."

[Linked Image]

She grins.

Miranda pipes up. "The maid for me! Unless someone else wants her?"
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 17/04/23 06:59 UTC
Henri

He knows the board game but never saw the movie. Looking at the pictures he sort of likes the pipe as a prop so he speaks up, "I'll go with Professor Plum..."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 17/04/23 14:10 UTC
Levon
"I guess Colonel Mustard. I like mustard," he said, shrugging.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 17/04/23 15:15 UTC
Emma

"Me... I would go for Mrs. White or Mrs. Peacock... preferably Mrs. Peacock, but I am flexible. HHmm with that like maybe I should go for Scarlet. Ladies? Which ones do you want, and I will pick from the leftovers."
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 17/04/23 17:18 UTC
Ian

"Mr. Green for me then. Looks like a decent enough suit." he said.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 18/04/23 04:39 UTC
Henri

While waiting for the staff to outfit them with their choices, Henri does a quick search on his phone and finds the old movie trailer to get a sense of the characters.
"Found a movie trailer, if anyone wants to check it out. Sure is an old one..."

Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 18/04/23 12:01 UTC
Miranda leans over his shoulder for a better look.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 18/04/23 15:00 UTC
{b]Emma[/b]

"Classic masterpiece, not old." She says that with a smile and does her best not to do the dialogue along with the actors on the trailer while it is playing. One of her favorite movies growing up. It's a matter of life after death, now that he's dead, I have a life, Emma mouths along with Mrs. White.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 20/04/23 03:17 UTC
Henri

He laughs at Emma's comment and says, "Hey, any movie made before I was born, I say is old."

A quick glance over his shoulder to see Miranda and Henri cheekily adds to her, "Picking the professor, guess if I play in character, can I stare at your breasts?"
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 20/04/23 05:58 UTC
[OOC: LOL I just realized I had gotten distracted by work and the new Star Trek story. Completely loved everyone's responses! Especially the writers that don't know the references!]

{Skye}

"Yum." She giggled and loved Em's Mrs. White. "It seems we have things set. And, sorry hon, we'll all stare at Miranda's breasts... in the least like Sophia did Jayne. Look it up." Skye turned to the staff.

"Okay. I assume you can make it happen?" She was imperious and impatient.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 20/04/23 10:47 UTC
Miranda blushes but laughs.

"Not sure my breasts are worth ogling."

The pirate, the angel and the vampire girl all get their heads together and start gathering items, continually referring to angel's phone for the pictures. A few items are swapped to fit but eventually they have costumes approximating their choices.

The angel produces hangers and the costumes are arranged on them, the vampire writes on carbon pads, attaching the inventory top copy to the hanger whilst the copy goes into the till. Pirate covers each hanger with a polythene bag and seals it at the bottom, before turning to the group.

"That'll be £20 each plus £10 refundable deposit on each costume. How would you like to pay?"

Miranda looks concerned.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 20/04/23 23:45 UTC
Emma

"Why don't I take this one," she says, pretending that she did not notice Miranda's reaction. Her father had money, and thanks to the interviews and things, she had a tidy amount of her own. "One of you can buy me dinner sometime to make up for it."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 21/04/23 10:45 UTC
Miranda looks surprised.

"Are you sure Emma? That's a lot of money. Over £200."

She isn't sure if she should accept. She wants to. It has been so good being part of this group, even if on the fringes. And she likes Henri a lot.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 22/04/23 02:26 UTC
Emma

"Trust me, I am sure. I'm looking forward to having a good time, and I'm not going to be bashed about soon. So I think it is the least I can do!" Emma wanted to downplay things, it was obvious money might be a bit tight in some areas. "Consider this my contribution to team spirit! Besides, I love this concept a lot, and I think everyone will look quite amazing in these outfits. Don't you Henri?"

Emma handed over her card to be charged, before any other concerns were voiced. If this was the nudge it took to get Henri and Miranda together, it was worth it.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 22/04/23 03:18 UTC
Levon
"Yeah. That's a lotta bread, girl. Thanks!"
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 22/04/23 07:27 UTC
Henri

He is quite shocked by Emma's generosity too. Henri slowly returns his wallet that was half-way out of his jacket pocket to pay for his own costume, and replies to Emma with a surprised smile, "Merci beaucoup! Yes, I think we shall all look our best for later tonight."

Turning to Miranda, he quietly says her, "Hope, I didn't embarrass you too much there." Then gently taking her hand, he gives her a wink and a playful smile while his eyes try to give her the impression that her breasts are truly worth ogling over.

Once Emma finishes the transaction and they all have their costumes in hand, he asks the fighters, "Now that we got our costumes, guess you have a practice to get to?"
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 23/04/23 00:31 UTC
{Skye}

"Thank you, Em." She gave her friend a little hug. "I'll buy your drinks tonight." She was happy that they had a plan and a look. It was going to be a fun evening. But now, more fun getting to beat on Leon a bit. "YES! Practice!"
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 24/04/23 15:33 UTC
Ian

He smiles his thanks to Emma.

"But I will buy the dinners. Or at least Father will." he said with a chuckle. "I haven't run up the card enough recently. He will think I am up to something."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 24/04/23 15:52 UTC
Miranda

"Thank you Emma, that is more than generous."

Spontaneously she gives the girl a quick hug, before moving back to Henri.

"No, I'm fine. Just wasn't expecting it."

She smiles at him, giving his hand a squeeze and leaves her hand in his as they all turn towards the door to head for practice.

"You know I'm not as good as Skye or Levon don't you? That would be hard as they are really good."

She is hoping he will stay to watch their practice but doesn't want him to expect too much of her.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 24/04/23 20:58 UTC
{Skye}

"Oh. Miranda, you underestimate yourself. I won't allow that." Skye chided her team mate. "You are both a work in progress and a masterpiece. You know I only roll with Royalty - so straighten that crown and fight like a Goddess!" She grinned at the hype-up. She'd been reading Robin Arzon's latest motivational book to get out of her funk of late. The older girl wasn't sure if her new English friend thought all that was too American - but Skye figured it wouldn't hurt.

"All right - now let's go!"
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 25/04/23 02:46 UTC
Levon

"Yeah. Time for me to throw Skye around like a rag doll. Let's get to the gym."
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 25/04/23 02:48 UTC
Emma

She nods at Ian, accepting his dinner decision. When Miranda hugged her, Emma hugged back. Today was going well, and hopefully better than well for Henri later tonight!

As Skye bolstered Miranda's esteem, she discretely gave her friend a thumbs up.

"And I don't root and toot for anyone less than awesome... so you all must be amazing!"
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 25/04/23 11:20 UTC
Miranda giggles. She likes these people.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 29/04/23 11:04 UTC
The group leave the shop with their hired costumes feeling much more prepared for the evening. They head for their accommodation to leave their costumes safe. Levon, Skye and Miranda also grab their gear and head for the gym's changing rooms, one for guys, one for gals.

[OOC Is everyone else going to watch or do you have other plans?)

There is tiered seating on either side of the gym which is already laid out with mats.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 30/04/23 20:08 UTC
Emma will watch!
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 30/04/23 20:49 UTC
{Skye}

Coming out of the changing room, Skye felt good to be back in her go. It was a way to maintain focus and a calm mindset. She had kept with the traditional white, though had started to play with the idea of switching up to black for competition. A little style and badassery. Though that gave her an idea for fun in practice today. Levon had been goading her all day. Rather than fall for it, she simply needed to get him riled up. She'd play defense until then.

Skye waved at her friends watching in the stands and then began to do some light stretching. It wasn't long before Levon and Miranda joined her on the mats. "Stretch. Kata. Then light sparring?" Skye took over - though both she and Levon were equals in the dojo.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 01/05/23 01:06 UTC
Ian

He put his things away and then headed to join the others to watch, taking a seat next to Emma and wait for their friends to come out.

"Been to one of these before?" he asked.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 03/05/23 03:45 UTC
Henri

After dropping off his costume in his room, he will casually walk over to the gym while also familiarizing himself with the campus. Entering the gym he scans the seating areas to find Ian and Emma already here.
With a small wave of his right hand he says to both, "Hey guys! Anything started yet?"
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 05/05/23 17:52 UTC
Levon

He changed quickly at the gym and immediately started stretching and warming up. Soon he was on the mat with Skye and Miranda. Skye was already giving orders, which he was fine with. He was going to concentrate on practicing all his moves, kicks and punches. He never concentrated on what others would do, his focus was totally on the precision of his actions.

When he was ready, he bowed at Skye first to invite her to spar with him. The way he figured it, Miranda would benefit by watching the two of them first. He knew Skye well but had never sparred with Miranda and he was curious to see how she fought.

Once Skye rose from her bow and raised her arms to fight he moved in with a few jabs and a roundhouse kick to the side of her head. She would be ready for the first blows. It was just starting.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 08/05/23 00:10 UTC
{Skye}

Levon had already focused in and was calm. That was great, but meant she'd need to change tactics. His first moves were testing his range and her basic responses. She weaved through the jabs and ducked under the roundhouse. His biggest advantage over her was his length. Her best moves were going to be quick and to the side with her counters.

As she ducked, she took an underneath swipe to his standing leg with hers as she spun to the side. It wasn't meant to bring him down - just off balance to look for a stronger advantage.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 16/05/23 02:45 UTC
Levon

He let his guard down for a moment and Skye unleashed a new move. Good for her! She decoyed a roundhouse and he didn't notice her sweep. That landed him on his rump but also focused him. It wouldn't happen again. After he got to his feet, he wouldn't drop again. In the second round Levon landed several punches and kicks and put Skye on the defensive and he ended up with the win. The rubber match was a good one but it ended with Skye on her back with Levon on top of her. He had taken advantage of his size and strength to put her there and felt a little like a cheater for doing that. It was an advantage of genetics not skill. As he held her down, his face mere inches from hers, he whispered, "Aren't you happy I ate some tic tacs?" before releasing her and offering her his hand.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 16/05/23 15:58 UTC
(Skye)

"Minty fresh," she grimaced as she accepted his hand and lift up. It had been fun, but she felt her advantages giving way as he pressed close in to her.

"Again." Skye challenged Levon. This time she hoped to surprise him with aggressively cutting the distance between them first. She landed a quick punch to the side and went for the grapple take down.

Thwump! Thump!

She wasn't sure if the counter punch or the floor hit her first. Fortunately the expletive came out more as a frustrated growl than what Skye said. She sat there a moment then had to laugh.

"Poor choice there!" She pouted playfully and looked up at the well-built man. "Now don't get smug - you still have to beat the boys team. I'll have more chances at you, my friend."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 18/05/23 02:12 UTC
Levon
"I'm counting on it," he said. "Yeah, that guy Guy looks like he'll put up a good fight, but you never know until you're on the mat with someone." Levon grabbed a towel, wiped the first bead of sweat from his forehead and said, "Let's see that sweep of yours. I need to work on my footwork to counter that move."

This was how they trained. When something worked for one of them, they worked with the other on how to defend that. It worked both ways. Skye was smaller but used speed and leverage to her advantage. She was a good person to train with.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 19/05/23 14:17 UTC
Miranda

She is almost reluctant to make the suggestion. The last thing she wants is to show herself up, especially with Henri watching. But she does need the practice. Only way to get better, especially against more skilled opponents.

"When you have recovered Skye, maybe we could have a go?"

She mouths to Henri. 'Wish me luck'

My Harding

Mr Harding seems content to let them sort themselves out.

"And I can take on Levon. We might be physically more matched."

He grins at Levon, knowing he would likely have to work hard to beat him. Levon was his best fighter and he had high hopes for him in the competition.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 22/05/23 03:55 UTC
Emma

She watched intently, not exactly seeing the appeal, but definitely appreciating the techniques. Emma had started her self defense training, but this group took it too a whole new level.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 27/05/23 06:37 UTC
Henri

He waves at Miranda with a smile and says, "You got it Miranda! Kick some ass."

Watching Levon and Skye's fight, he is doubly impressed with both of their skills in martial arts, clapping for both at the end of each of their bouts.

[ooc: are fighters from the other colleges sparring on different mats at the same time?]
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 27/05/23 12:17 UTC
You guys seem to be the only group although there is another two guys engaged in a practice session.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 29/05/23 19:12 UTC
{Skye}

She'd brushed herself off and straightened the gi as Mr. Harding suggested the next rounds. Skye smiled at Miranda - adding, "We must always be ready, right?"

Skye made her way to the mat and bowed opposite of her teammate. "Osu." Immediately, she struck an aggressive grappling move to test Miranda's strength and reactions.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 30/05/23 10:44 UTC
Miranda tightens her belt, bows and takes a defensive stand but is not ready for the ferocity of Skye's attack. She finds herself flat on her back. She smiles ruefully and clambers to her feet, determined to do better.

[OOC Second bout is more even but Skye's experience will win the day, third bout is closer still but Skye will prevail.]
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 30/05/23 22:12 UTC
{Skye}

Perhaps she was fighting aggressively to release a bit of energy, but Skye hoped that it would inspire some new tactical thoughts with Miranda. The girl was definitely getting better and after the final bout Skye reached down to help the lesser experienced fighter up to her feet.

"Love it! You almost had me in that last one." The American smiled enthusiastically. "Most women won't fight that intensely for competition - but can you see where you can pivot between the aggression and the patience? You picked up on the sweep I gave Levon and countered brilliantly. Excellent." Skye stood back and bowed.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 31/05/23 10:47 UTC
Miranda grins at Skye, accepting the hand up and the compliment.

"You make me try harder."

She laughs.

"Long way to go but I feel I'm making progress. Thanks."

She looks over at Henri to see if he was watching.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 02/06/23 07:57 UTC
Henri

He was indeed watching with high interest to see who would win between Miranda and Skye. While Henri does not know how scoring works for these fights, seeing Miranda being knocked down in each bout leaves him feeling slightly defeated too.
Still not wanting to show it, he says with a thumbs up to her, "Hey Miranda, good fight! You got some wicked moves there!"

Henri will get up from his spot in the bleachers When it seems that both are finished, and will walk over to Miranda and Skye. Henri remembers something about not wearing footwear on the sparing mats in the few gyms he has been in, so he will stop short of actually stepping on the mat and will ask in a more conversational level, "You ok Miranda? Can I get you anything?"

All the while he is silently thinking to himself that he is a dead man if he ever pisses her off after watching her fight.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 02/06/23 11:28 UTC
Miranda grins at him, pleased with his compliments.

"Oh I'm not in Skye's league, far from it but the best way to improve is to go against stronger opponents."

She glances behind Henri, looking at a couple of guys in the stands that had sat behind their group.

"I need to grab a shower and change. There was a coffee machine in the foyer where we came in. A tea, no sugar would be great."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 02/06/23 11:29 UTC
[OOC Once Neptune surfaces, maybe some rolls for his bout with Mr Harding?]
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 04/06/23 00:24 UTC
{Skye}

It was cute to watch Henri and Miranda. It made Skye's heart pang a little bit. She really wanted to fall in love, it had just been so hard over the last few months. So lot's of falling in and out of lust.

**Get out of your head, girl!** She shook it off and looked around - catching sight of and wondering who the guys were in the stands that Miranda saw. Skye probably needed a shower too, but found a spot next to Em to watch the final bout between Levon and Mr. Harding.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 04/06/23 09:18 UTC
As Skye looks into the stands, she sees two young men, one wearing a gi.

[Linked Image]

The young man sitting beside him is wearing jeans and a plain Tshirt but he does look similar. Maybe brothers?

Both men are looking around rather than watching the competitors. Perhaps waiting for others?
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 05/06/23 05:57 UTC
Henri

He follows Miranda's look over his shoulder to see the two new comers, but does not give them any more thought, returning his eyes to Miranda and says, "You got it mon amour." Walking back to where Emma, Ian and Skye are, he says, "Just grabbing a tea from machine in the foyer for Miranda, anyone want something?"
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 05/06/23 18:17 UTC
{Skye}

"I'm good. Water and Nuun here." Skye nodded. She was curious about the two men - and wondering if one was going to a competitor. But, the young woman reasoned that she couldn't worry about it for now. It had been a solid practice, and now they had a party to attend!
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 06/06/23 00:49 UTC
Emma

Em shifts over for Skye. "I know you will do great next time on the mat!" Emma had no doubt that her friend will triumph before all of this is over.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 11/06/23 17:48 UTC
Ian

He stood with his friends, smiling at the competitors.

"You guys looked great out there." he offered.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 12/06/23 12:40 UTC
[OOC I know Neptune is busy, so I could roll & write up his match, then move you onto the evening event?]
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Wed 14/06/23 16:53 UTC
ooc: I'm sorta back. Let's get this bout going!
Levon

He walks to the ring and waits for Mr. Harding to join him there. Skye was good but he knew her. Whether or not Mr Harding had skills, he was an unknown and that meant a greater need for concentration and caution. A good fighter would have good, solid strategies and technique. What separated great fighters from good ones was the ability to anticipate the next sequence of moves.

When Mr. Harding was set, Levon bowed and readied himself for the action.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 15/06/23 09:17 UTC
[OOC Please roll d4,d4,d4 and reroll any aces. wink Welcome back! ]
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 16/06/23 05:35 UTC
Henri

He returns from the foyer with a cup of tea in hand for Miranda, sitting back down with the others just in time to watch Levon going up against Mr. Harding.
“Any bets going on? I’d give a pound for Levon winning.”
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 16/06/23 18:51 UTC
Levon

He first approached defensively. The first jab from his opponent would give him momentum to use against him. It ended up with him trying to parry the jab with the purpose of positioning himself in a balanced position to make the real attacks and still maintain his defense. The first retaliation was a side kick but then he continued to whirl into a massive roundhouse with his right heal and when that landed he continued into a leg sweep that would end with a straight punch to either the chest or face, which ever Harding left exposed.
Levon Fighting Mr Harding
Neptune rolled 1d4,1d4,1d4 and got 2, 4, 4

Levon Two aces!
Neptune rolled 1d4,1d4 and got 4, 1

Levon Another ace!
Neptune rolled 1d4 and got 2
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 17/06/23 10:12 UTC
Mr Harding was generally good, certainly on par with Levon but on this occasion he was performing like a beginner. Probably Miranda could have beaten him in this mode. Their teacher seems distracted as if he has something else on his mind, and physically he does nor perform well either. The bout was quick, humiliating even, and a surprise to Levon, Skye and Miranda who knew his ability.

"Good performance Levon. On that form you should do well. Got to go. See you tonight."

He waves goodbye to everyone and hurries from the room.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 18/06/23 01:31 UTC
Levon
He bowed formally and watched as his opponent left like he had to add time to a parking meter.

As the door shut behind Mr Harding, Levon grabbed his towel and walked over to the others but looked directly at Skye. "I'm not that good," he said.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sun 18/06/23 17:40 UTC
{Skye}

"That was odd. You aren't that good." Skye nodded in response. "He was very distracted. Maybe a hot date? But there's something more." She looked around, as if for clues, but didn't spend long on it. "Well...we have our own party to get ready for - and we both stink."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 19/06/23 09:18 UTC
There are shower facilities at the gym but also back at the accommodation block.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 20/06/23 21:16 UTC
Levon
"We passed the locker rooms when we came in. I think I'll shower here. I would ask you to join me, but I think there are separate locker rooms for men and women," he says to Skye and Miranda with a wink.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 23/06/23 01:04 UTC
{Skye}

"Ha!" She laughed at Levon as she walked back towards the women's lockers - of which she had used upon arrival. "Not even in a drought! Dream on big boy." Skye blew him a teasing kiss. They were still get dressed in their costumes back at the dorms, so it didn't take long for her clean the workout off. When she got back out she asked the girls, "Do we have time to do our hair right, or just fake it for this party?"
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 23/06/23 11:43 UTC
There is about an hour and a half, maybe a bit longer, before the meet up.
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 23/06/23 17:56 UTC
Emma

Em looked at the time. "As long as we are not going for anything intricate, I think we have enough time for hair and makeup. We are going to look smashing tonight!"
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 26/06/23 20:54 UTC
{Skye}

"Of course, darling!" She looped her arm with Em's laughed as they left the gym back to the dorms. "And perhaps we'll solve another murder - or be the murderess with the candlestick in the library!"

[OOC: Gypsy - did you want to start us off elsewhere?]
Posted By: Mina Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 27/06/23 03:42 UTC
Emma

"If I have to choose, I would rather be in the audience tossing popped corn at the screen." Emma grins at her friend. "Murderers come to bad ends. Unless you have a good fall-guy."
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 27/06/23 05:03 UTC
Henri

He will give Miranda her tea when she gets back from the change rooms, and will walk back with her to the dorms.

"Should be a fun event, I guess."
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Tue 27/06/23 10:12 UTC
[OOC I can move you to the assembly point to set you all off if you are ready. ]
Posted By: Dugan Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 29/06/23 06:19 UTC
[ooc: Henri as professor Plum is ready to solve tonight's mystery]
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Thu 29/06/23 12:35 UTC
[ooc: Fine by me, but expect me to be slow for a few weeks as I am on the road on vacation (how can a retired person be on vacation?) ]
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Fri 30/06/23 13:10 UTC
[OOC We are on vacation all year round! grin ]
Posted By: Neptune Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Sat 01/07/23 01:11 UTC
[ooc: Every day is Saturday!]
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Destination Durham - Friday - Mon 03/07/23 10:57 UTC
I'll go ahead and do a new thread. smile
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post