DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Gypsy OOC:Student Chatter - Sun 07/08/22 10:24 UTC
For all comments and questions
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Mon 15/08/22 19:57 UTC
I realized that if this is 9 months later - in our own timeline that would have been during COVID lockdown. Are we to assume that this is an alternative timeline without COVID? (Though, it would make for an interesting story.)
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Tue 16/08/22 09:15 UTC
No covid. wink
Posted By: Dugan Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 17/08/22 03:21 UTC
Being nine months later, anyone celebrating a birthday that would bring us all together again?
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Fri 19/08/22 09:50 UTC
Still working out the details of the game. Had a busy time recently, bear with me. smile
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Fri 26/08/22 05:03 UTC
Does anyone want to write some scenes in the meantime? Short bits might be fun.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Fri 26/08/22 13:59 UTC
That's a cool idea if anyone is up for it. Happy to provide a setting thread and some NPC interaction where needed. smile
Posted By: Dugan Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sat 27/08/22 07:08 UTC
I would be interested. Perhaps another pub night, since we passed on it at the end of the game?
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sat 27/08/22 08:52 UTC
I'll kick off a thread. Take it where you want! wink
Posted By: Mina Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Mon 29/08/22 19:00 UTC
Oh I am down with it!
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sun 04/09/22 11:56 UTC
I have posted your original character sheets from MMH including items you took with you. You may want to refer to them at some point. They are in the gallery under your pics. smile
Posted By: Mina Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sat 29/10/22 15:15 UTC
So I dropped the ball here, sorry guys. I was getting ready for a trip to visit family. I will be gone for about 2 weeks. Please ghost Emma smile
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Fri 11/11/22 14:24 UTC
Once everyone signs on as being here and ready to play I'm going to move us forward to the main game. smile
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sat 12/11/22 00:59 UTC
Apologies. My kid (47-year old) brother died a week ago. It's been a bit of a roller-coaster.

I've been here - as a bit to escape - but not really in a mind set to take anything further without Mina having some fun.

I can move forward to the next song if that would be helpful though. Just ping me.

Thanks for your patience.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sat 12/11/22 02:15 UTC
Iam sorry for your loss Lion. sad
Posted By: Neptune Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sat 12/11/22 05:02 UTC
I am so sorry. I can't imagine the pain of losing my brother.
Posted By: Dugan Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sat 12/11/22 08:56 UTC
I have two younger brothers, and I would find myself very sad if either one of them passes away. My condolences to you.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sat 12/11/22 10:58 UTC
So sorry for your loss. You must be heart broken. I'm happy to wait a while. Mina is back soon. smile
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sat 12/11/22 22:10 UTC
Thank you all. It is simply a reminder to find and enjoy the life we have with those we love.Cheers!
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sun 13/11/22 11:24 UTC
A lesson I learned when I lost my Mum way back. She and my Dad had been planning travel when he retired but put if off to look after my Nan, her Mum. Several years later they made the first of their planned trips and then she died of lung cancer the year after. I now try not to delay anything.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Tue 15/11/22 05:30 UTC
❤️
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 07/12/22 14:37 UTC
Just making sure you all know that I am waiting until all of you are reassembled and ready to continue! grin

Maybe we should set a date, say a short time into the new year? What are people's plans over the holidays? smile
Posted By: KenSeg Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 07/12/22 14:46 UTC
I am here. Having my son in for two weeks so looking forward to that! smile
Posted By: Mina Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 07/12/22 20:09 UTC
Staying home for the Holidays (short day-trips to see friends and family).
Posted By: Dugan Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Thu 08/12/22 07:27 UTC
It is going to be a quiet Christmas for me, celebrating with just my family on Christmas Day.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Thu 08/12/22 19:51 UTC
I am around and available.
Posted By: Neptune Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sun 11/12/22 23:39 UTC
I'm around an ready to go.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Mon 12/12/22 11:36 UTC
Busy today but I'll try and get a major move post up this week! grin
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Thu 15/12/22 11:24 UTC
Haven't forgotten you guys. Christmas prep and looking after Tusk is taking up a lot of my time. Plus we have a visit to an osteopath this afternoon. Please bear with me. smile
Posted By: Mina Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Thu 15/12/22 19:32 UTC
No worries, Gypsy! Have fun with Tusk and Christmas prep! Doing a work event here. Who killed the Gingerbread Man crime scene event.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Fri 16/12/22 12:10 UTC
Sounds like fun! grin
Posted By: Neptune Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 21/12/22 17:59 UTC
Don't sweat it. I've been crazy busy. And to think that I'm retired!
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Thu 22/12/22 12:18 UTC
I know. Wonder how I had time to work! lol
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Fri 06/01/23 11:31 UTC
OK, Tusk has improved quite a bit and I am starting to get my head above water. I have an opportunity on Sunday to get a start post up. Then I have a new computer to set up but can't start that until Tusk has done his bit which will not be for about a week! Fingers crossed! smile
Posted By: KenSeg Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Fri 06/01/23 13:13 UTC
Just glad to hear that Tusk is doing better. That is what is important.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sun 08/01/23 12:54 UTC
Agreed! grin
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 18/01/23 03:29 UTC
I've been playing with DiffusionBee AI to see if I can create character photos. It's all very weird and a high learning curve to get something that looks decent. Here are a couple examples:

Original magazine photo of Sora Choi, model: https://www.dreamlyrics.com/forums/gallery/725/full/18892.jpg

AI attempt to reconstruct: https://www.dreamlyrics.com/forums/gallery/725/full/18893.png

It took me between 8 - 12 attempts to get this one.

Thoughts? Has anyone else played with this tool?
Posted By: Dugan Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 18/01/23 05:27 UTC
I have read some articles about AI generated art in general, but have not tried any yet. It is certainly an interesting set of tools, but there is a debate from artists and other content providers that remains to be seen how this will all fall out.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 18/01/23 11:47 UTC
Pretty good attempt though.. impressed. smile
Posted By: Mina Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 18/01/23 20:27 UTC
Has anyone else tried Night Cafe? I've played with it a bit and for face shots it's fun. https://creator.nightcafe.studio/
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Thu 19/01/23 03:38 UTC
Dugan,

It was actually after reading several articles on the AI debate that prompted me to take a look. I agree that there are some major ethical dilemmas:

Context of use: There is a major delineation between commercial use (and sale) vs. personal use (including fan-fiction, such as ours on Dreamlyrics.) Historic and/or journalistic representation vs. illustration also needs to be very clearly defined.

Emulating the art-style of copyrighted materials - by feeding those specific art examples into the AI model - and then commercially charging for use of that AI seems to be a potential violation of copyright law. This also could include the many sources/people themselves (models, celebrities, etc.) that have been input as examples.

[NOTE: I have been using the free, open-source AI engine DiffusionBee as opposed to a pay-service like Lensa or Lexica.]

I think the Charlie Warzel quote from Dugan’s link hits these examples: “Like others, I also have questions about the corpus used to train these art tools and the possibility that they are using a great deal of art from both big-name and lesser-known artists without any compensation or disclosure to those artists,” Warzel writes.

However, beyond the legal ramifications, I’m also seeing how the manifestations of sexism, racism, etc. (And truthfully probably remind me of my own personal biases that I continue to work through.)

Some interesting observations in these regards testing out prompts from the AI community:

Christina Hendricks (Caucasian-American) brings up more frequent and accurate look results than a model like Sora Choi (Korean) or Micah Gianneli (Filipino-Spanish-Australian).

So many big boobs!!!! Sigh….

More accurate rendering in painting and illustration styles than realistic photography. Could this be a tech limitation or sourcing?

I’m curious that one of the biggest critics I’ve read regarding AI art generation has been the artist, Greg Rutkowski. However, his D&D style art is super common in the AI prompts I’ve seen. {Return to legal arguments…}

All and all it has been an interesting experiment for someone that doesn’t have artistic skills. For my two-cents of use in fan fiction, it’s about the same as clipping webpics to represent a character. However, I hope to stay on the right side of this topic - and give fair due to the sources when appropriate.

Would love to continue to hear more thoughts.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Thu 19/01/23 03:40 UTC
Mina,

I'll take a closer look. Thanks for sharing!

- L.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 01/02/23 01:39 UTC
OOC: sorry - completely swamped with work, including on-boarding new staff. I'll add something just to keep things going.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Sun 07/05/23 12:23 UTC
I have put up the competition ratings & rules.

As Skye and Levon are fighting first, can you eat make 3 rolls of 1d4? We will then add your rating and determine the results. I am happy for you to write the posts describing your bouts. smile
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Mon 08/05/23 00:03 UTC
I didn't see a dice roller set up, so I used FFH:

2023-05-08 00:01:21
n/a die roll for DUC
Lionhawke rolled 1d4,1d4,1d4 and got 4, 1, 2

2023-05-08 00:00:56
n/a die roll for DUC
Lionhawke rolled 3d4 and got 12

I thought to save time and did the 3d4 first - then thought there might be a reason you wanted them separate. Take whichever you wish.
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Mon 08/05/23 00:11 UTC
Thanks for your patience while I was working and then family obligations.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Mon 08/05/23 10:51 UTC
Yes, as each roll is for a round. Need to roll another d4 as you aced the first roll. And no worries. smile
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Mon 08/05/23 10:52 UTC
Dice roller is there now smile
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Mon 08/05/23 18:00 UTC
2023-05-08 18:00:17
Skye
Lionhawke rolled 1d4 and got 4
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Tue 09/05/23 10:53 UTC
Thanks. Need Levon's rolls now
Posted By: Neptune Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 10/05/23 03:45 UTC
Levon Fighting Skye
Neptune rolled 1d4,1d4,1d4 and got 3, 1, 4
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 10/05/23 14:07 UTC
You can roll the last 4 again.
Posted By: Neptune Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Wed 10/05/23 21:11 UTC
Lomax Reroll last '4'
Neptune rolled 1d4 and got 1
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Thu 11/05/23 15:23 UTC
OK. This seems to work quite well I think.

First bout Skye 12 Levon 9.. so fairly closely fought with Skye winning

Second bout Skye 5 Levon 7.. again close but Levon wins

Third bout Skye 6 Levon 11.. so conclusive to Levon.

I think it would be nice to write up your own bouts so you can add your style and your cheerleaders can encourage and support! grin
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Fri 19/05/23 14:10 UTC
Nice guys! grin
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Thu 25/05/23 09:00 UTC
I had intended to run another bout - Skye v Miranda and Levon v Mr Harding and i'll need your rolls if you are OK with that. If you would rather move forward to the evening, I can do that. Just let me know. smile
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Mon 29/05/23 19:03 UTC
I'm back. Let's go one more round. It's something different.

First rolls:

Skye bout with Miranda
Lionhawke rolled 1d4,1d4,1d4 and got 3, 3, 1
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC:Student Chatter - Tue 04/07/23 10:27 UTC
Interestingly I participated in a Pub Treasure Hunt in my first year as an accountancy student.. then volunteered to help with the one we ran a year later for the new first years. grin
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post