DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: nem Q2 2011 Genre Survey - Tue 26/04/11 19:19 UTC
http://www.dreamlyrics.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=462663#Post462663

As scary as it may seem, we're half a year onwards from our last genre survey, so it's that time again...

Last time we had a marked demand for Espionage games and Historical games. Only one Espionage game has emerged since then, and no overtly Historical games. Does this mean the demand is still there?

What of Horror games? 4 started up in response to the demand in Q2 2010's genre survey, but only 2 remain and neither are archetypal Horror. Does this mean the demand will have returned?

So many questions. Only one way to find out the answer. wink

Tell us what genre of message game you'd like to see more of on DreamLyrics, and if you have a specific game, tell us in a reply.

PS: And if you have any suggestions on how to improve the poll, do tell. cool
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Q2 2011 Genre Survey - Tue 26/04/11 19:55 UTC
The three that I am interested in are Supernatural, Super and post-apocolyptic. I really missed the Dresden game that Mina was running before she left, so I created one but I want to play in one too! smile

I also like Supers as always and would like to try a post apocolyptic/zombie outbreak game if anyone could figure out a good way to run one. I have tried twice and failed both times.
Posted By: ividia Re: Q2 2011 Genre Survey - Tue 26/04/11 20:50 UTC
Can ya make it multiple-choice?

Not that I have any time or creativity right now...even had to put my 2 GM'd ones on hiatus...

Posted By: Doretta M. Reily Re: Q2 2011 Genre Survey - Tue 26/04/11 21:22 UTC
This time, my choice is 'Other'. And of course, I'll tell you what it is. smile

I'd like to see a few of those 'overtly Historical games', if possible. That way, players will have a good selection from which to choose. Yes, they're often more time-intensive for the GM and the players, but they can also be well-done, highly creative and a lot of fun to play and/or read too.

While that kind of game is definitely a challenge, I would think we're capable.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Q2 2011 Genre Survey - Wed 27/04/11 03:45 UTC
I picked horror, but I agree with Doretta. Historical is up there for me. I really enjoyed Nicki's DSP game, and Paul From Ottowa ran a historical game a while back (I can't remember the name) that I really liked.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Q2 2011 Genre Survey - Wed 27/04/11 05:23 UTC
I voted Supers, but post-apocalyptic was a close choice. I was working the plot details for an alien invasion offering until Falling Skies was announced. Maybe I should close my blinds <g>.

Posted By: nem Re: Q2 2011 Genre Survey - Tue 03/05/11 20:03 UTC
Yep, I think my taste-buds still fancy a Historical game, so I voted "Other" too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Q2 2011 Genre Survey - Sat 21/05/11 21:36 UTC
I'd like to see more 'genre mash-up'-type stuff - I admit there's a few combos that might be hard to work consistently ("Post-Apocalypse Espionage" would be a particular challenge), but I find them kinda neat..."Post-Apocalypse Supers" and/or "Post-Zombie-Apocalypse Supers" seem especially fraught with potential to me...
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post