DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Gypsy Closed Games List and Status - Thu 14/02/02 13:29 UTC
GMs - please note

All GMs of closed games should be aware that games are only retained for six months. Unless there are special circumstances, the likelihood of games recommencing that have not been posted to for six months is very small.

Please take note of your last post dates above and make every effort to restart your games well before your time runs out. smile We hate to see games die.. but if it is really the end of the road, then we need to make room for the new ones.

Thanks! smile

Here is the current list of retained closed games and their status. This will be updated as information is received from GM's. Thanks!

Role-playing Games
Code
Game Title/Name               GM            Review Date   Last Post      Max closure
MSK - Masks                   Phoenix Prime Mid May       25 Oct         mid Apr 24
TMD - Through Mirror Darkly   Art           Mid May       15 Nov         mid May 24
UFA - Urban Fantasy Adv       KenSeg        Mid May       05 Jan         mid Jul 24

GMs & Players - What happens when a game closes..?

Well for up to six months we keep the forum intact just closed from public view, revisiting the status with the GM partly to encourage a restart if that is possible. Once the final decision is made to close permanently, the forum is archived and copies are available to anyone who asks for the file. However, that file cannot be returned to a forum format. All the information is still there though so that a GM could recreate it in a new forum. smile

The reason we have a six month rule is because we cannot keep games indefinitely and experience has shown that games this old, even when they have run a long time prior to closure, do not succeed but fold again very soon. I believe this is because players lose touch with their characters and mentally move on. Something GMs should note. smile Also final closure - sad as it may be - does release players to take up new characters and new games. It always cheers me to see a restart smile but this should really happen within 3 months if the game is to have a good chance of surviving.

We haven't done the archiving since the beginning of DL but I think we can go back to around 2005, maybe earlier smile
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Closed Games List and Status - Fri 15/03/24 14:09 UTC
ARL - All Roads Lead - has closed temporarily
Posted By: Zeim Re: Closed Games List and Status - Fri 15/03/24 17:14 UTC
<sigh>
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Closed Games List and Status - Fri 15/03/24 20:09 UTC
Reopened!!
Posted By: AngrboĆ°a Re: Closed Games List and Status - Sun 17/03/24 16:39 UTC
Yay!
Posted By: Alduin Re: Closed Games List and Status - Sun 17/03/24 21:55 UTC
Not sure - but I am betting that has been the shortest 'temporary closure' in DL history grin
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Closed Games List and Status - Mon 18/03/24 10:37 UTC
There have been a few.. but it is up there! grin The kind I like! smile
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post