DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: nem Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Fri 03/09/21 09:04 UTC
Round 45!

Here are the rules as composed originally by Don, iirc.

Player one: Star Wars, Player Two: Mark Hamil, Player Three: Corvette Summer, Player Four: Annie Potts, Player Five: Ghostbusters, etc., etc.

[nemarsde tweak]No repeats within 5 steps and avoid getting caught in a loop with MCU or Fast & Furious movies, for example. Long-running franchises with ensemble casts can allow you go round and round indefinitely.[/nemarsde tweak]

No IMDb please <expect to look up dates of movies with identical titles or spellings of names>. grin

You need to follow the chain as it is drawn, no jumping. If we have Stephen Moyer on the table and someone plays Prince Valiant then the Prince Valiant you have to go out of is the one that had Stephen Moyer in it, no matter how many other movies out there are named Prince Valiant.

A clarification on play. We want to avoid using archival footage. For purposes of our game Dick Clark, Bob Hope, President Kennedy etc. Did not appear in Forrest Gump.

I won't make this a rule but rather a recommendation. Please avoid films that have not been released/aired in the U.S.

And just for the sake of putting it into the written rules mostly for sake of newcomers voice work (animated films) and made-for-TV movies are allowed but not mini-series.
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Fri 03/09/21 09:10 UTC
September. Not known for its big releases, it's often a good time to catch a slower, more intelligent flick at the cinema.

Here's one from 2015 that I watched at the cinema that you might know.

Sicario
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Mon 06/09/21 09:30 UTC
This is a big, well-known film that even had a (much inferior) sequel made released in cinemas. Great musical score. Anyone? Three well-known actors in the lead.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Mon 06/09/21 13:31 UTC
emily blunt
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Mon 06/09/21 18:10 UTC
Mary Poppins Returns
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Mon 06/09/21 18:14 UTC
Meryl Streep, best scene in the film imo
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Mon 06/09/21 18:16 UTC
Well, now you've put me in the mood to go watch Mamma Mia!
Posted By: Mina Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Mon 06/09/21 21:14 UTC
Julie Walters
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Tue 07/09/21 07:02 UTC
A film of hers with other famous actors, hmm... got to be a Potter, I think.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Tue 07/09/21 19:16 UTC
Ralph Fiennes
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Tue 07/09/21 19:28 UTC
Great actor imo. My favourite film of his is actually Katheryn Bigelow's Strange Days but it's not exactly loaded with big names... sooo, Clash of the Titans (2010).
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Thu 09/09/21 08:03 UTC
C'mon, a board of role-playing gamers and you're telling me none of them watched the Clash of the Titans remake? jk The Medusa was rubbish compared to the Ray Harryhausen original but the Kraken was more threatening and made for a novel climax in 3D.
Posted By: Phoenix Prime Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Thu 09/09/21 13:14 UTC
i know there was a god that had 'a very particular set of skills'... as mashups go, that is

Liam Neeson
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Thu 09/09/21 14:44 UTC
He voiced the Good Cop/Bad Cop in The Lego Movie
Posted By: Argus Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Fri 10/09/21 01:38 UTC
And Vitruvius in that film was voiced by Morgan Freeman.
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Fri 10/09/21 03:27 UTC
I just watched Now You See Me a few days ago.
Posted By: Dugan Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Fri 10/09/21 04:15 UTC
Woody Harrelson
Posted By: Mina Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Fri 10/09/21 06:45 UTC
The Hunger Games (the first one)
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Fri 10/09/21 07:26 UTC
Jennifer Lawrence
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Fri 10/09/21 18:50 UTC
I recently saw her in Silver Linings Playbook with some other A-listers.
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Sat 11/09/21 08:11 UTC
Bradley Cooper was in it, but I haven't watched it. (Imo Lawrence was never better than when she was in Winter's Bone.)

Here's a challenge: Can we get from Bradley Cooper to the Matrix Trilogy, in celebration of the Matrix 4 trailer?
Posted By: Mina Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Sat 11/09/21 08:15 UTC
He was in the A-Team!
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Sat 11/09/21 08:21 UTC
Originally Posted by nem
Bradley Cooper was in it, but I haven't watched it.

I highly recommend! It started out somewhat slow, and mental illness is a difficult subject to deal with but this film did it brilliantly. It took a bit but I ended up fully invested in the story. I think Ms. Lawrence got an Oscar nod for her performance.

Mina beat me to a movie as I was trying to think about a possible Matrix connection and I'm drawing a blank on anyone other than a repeat from 5 actors ago.

(For the record, my thought process was in the Hangover direction.)

Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Sat 11/09/21 09:32 UTC
I have one in mind! Liam Neeson
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Sat 11/09/21 09:51 UTC
That's the one I had 5 rounds ago. Too close for a repeat?

If not, I'll go a totally different direction. He voiced Aslan in The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Sat 11/09/21 15:13 UTC
Each round is self-contained, so if you wanted to choose a film about a certain caped crusader, that would be fine too.
Posted By: AquaDyne Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Sat 11/09/21 17:04 UTC
I didn't mean chain 40. I meant literally 5 actors, 10 posts previous. I guess "steps" according to the rules. If it's legal, I've already offered some Turkish Delight. If it's not legal, is the chain broken?
Posted By: nem Re: Neverending Movie Chain 45 - Sun 12/09/21 08:17 UTC
Oh crap, yeah, I see your point AquaDyne!! I screwed the pooch on that one. grrr Liam Neeson twice in one round.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post