DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Pandemonium OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 06/10/14 20:53 UTC
Welcome folks. This is the place to talk about all kinds of things.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 06/10/14 22:24 UTC
Woohoo!

The question is what's all kinds of things.

Why we like cats? What type of cats? Why we don't like cats?
Indoor versus outdoor?

How many cats one needs to be considered a 'crazy cat owner'?

Television shows?

T. S. Eliot?

Names for cats versus names for dogs?
Posted By: TheDarkJedi Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/10/14 01:24 UTC
The naming of cats is a difficult matter. It isn't just one of your holiday games.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/10/14 13:01 UTC
From a game mechanics point of view it would probably be good if we try to cover different schools of magic. Anyone have a favourite? smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/10/14 13:10 UTC
I like warding myself...
but I'd be willing to go with something else if someone else wants main claim to it. Probably not shaping though.
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/10/14 13:22 UTC
I leaned toward Seeking in the concept I posted, though I'm sure I'll be looking longingly at Cat Walk in the Warding list.

Indoor cat by inclination (more breakable things up high!), but trees are oh so interestingly tall!

Dogs get names? Whatever would they do with them?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/10/14 13:51 UTC
List? Lists?

And <whispers> I think dogs probably pee on their names or something.
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/10/14 14:05 UTC
Richard was cruel when designing the setting and put the best powers of each area on an "exclusive" list.

Or, more fairly, he decided that some niche protection was good, so won't (by the book) let you cherry pick all the coolest powers. If you want one of the cool powers, you have to put the appropriate title (Warden, Seer, that sort of thing) in your high concept aspect and then you can't have any other exclusive trick.

Of course, we can do as we like.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/10/14 14:47 UTC
I lean towards Shaping.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/10/14 21:51 UTC
I would lean toward warding but see no reason for exclusivity in that area, Raven.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/10/14 23:31 UTC
I understand, Ex, but I didn't want people feeling awkward if they wanted sole expertise, or if no one wanted the other area.
Posted By: Wolf Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 08/10/14 00:55 UTC
<pokes his nose in ... just to say ... kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawai! That's the absolutest cutest game banner on Dreamlyrics!>
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 08/10/14 00:59 UTC
Heh, and it will be a cute and cuddly horror game, um RIGHT!
Posted By: TheDarkJedi Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 08/10/14 03:48 UTC
The concept I have could be a namer or a warder.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 11/10/14 17:06 UTC
I am going to run concurrent threads I think. One will be the Parliament of the New Moon where all are welcome to attend and interact, as well as some solo threads as part of the introduction to the cats and events in the area.

Rules of Parliament are petty simple, respect others and give each a chance to have their voice heard. It isn't quite as formal as a human parliament but there is a certain feeling of ritual to much of what goes on.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 11/10/14 17:35 UTC
Ok threads up for most characters. If you don't see one it is because either I forgot, or I don't have enough information to craft that opening scene. No worries on either account they can be fixed. I had time so I posted. We are not off to the races here. Just trying to give people something to enjoy. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 12/10/14 23:50 UTC
There has been a question posed. For game purposes is your cat altered (spayed or neutered)? It doesn't matter a huge deal but people seem to want to know. If it is something known, let us know. If not, then don't. wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 12/10/14 23:59 UTC
Altered.

Ex - I keep looking at Gordo's picture since it looks just like my first cat. He was a very large cat and the vet wasn't sure what his Maine Coon heritage was mixed with.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 13/10/14 00:00 UTC
In Shadow's case? Nope, definitely not. Woe betide any burdens that might seek to cause harm to their beneficent protector.
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 13/10/14 00:26 UTC
I think Seeker is most likely altered.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 13/10/14 00:36 UTC
Maine Coon and Manx...
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 13/10/14 01:01 UTC
Heh Ex neutered or spayed or neither?
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 13/10/14 21:41 UTC
Hmmm... I'd like to say neither, but it makes more sense to me for him to be neutered.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 13/10/14 22:47 UTC
Say what you want to say. It doesn't have bearing other than to roleplay. A player asked, so I asked. wink
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 13/10/14 23:05 UTC
I'll stick with neutered.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 14/10/14 17:28 UTC
Oh hey I am married too. wink
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 14/10/14 22:36 UTC
I was once in the long ago and far away but in about a month, I'll be divorced for 40 years.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 15/10/14 00:22 UTC
Wow. You have been divorced longer than I have been married. Only twenty three years married here. But I got the right one, she and I are perfect for each other. grin
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 15/10/14 01:18 UTC
Happy for you. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 15/10/14 17:09 UTC
Not so sure, AJ, of the relationship of the perch heights to each other. <shrugs>

Not sure if it really matters.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 15/10/14 17:11 UTC
They're cats. They're fully capable at looking down at others even if they're at the bottom of a well. wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 15/10/14 17:23 UTC
And I wish I know how they did it!
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 20/10/14 17:37 UTC
Started a new thread All Wet for the dealings with the Water Spirit at Old Man's McGee's domicile. It starts the night of the Parliament.

If you would like I can start the Kennel Club thread as well, which will happen on Saturday night, two nights after the Parliament thread.

I am fine with one or both threads at the same time. Up to you guys.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 20/10/14 21:16 UTC
Tempted to do some shadowform scouting of the kennel prior to Saturday Night. Wouldn't want to hold everyone else up, however.
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 20/10/14 23:55 UTC
Seeker should find something to knock off a shelf before then, too, to read the future in its broken bits.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 21/10/14 00:19 UTC
Bringer would like to know someone or something's true name so he could hurt 'em. weg
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 21/10/14 01:45 UTC
Kennel Club To The Rescue is up so that exploration or whatever else needs to be done prior to Saturday night may now be done. Of course some of the first night might be chewed up in the other thread, but...
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 21/10/14 23:08 UTC
I got distracted and then realized, once undistracted, I was confused. Which thread should Bringer be in. I know he was following Shadow and the others to do a little investigating.

The All Wet one?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 21/10/14 23:11 UTC
That is correct.

The other thread... Kennel Club is for the initial investigation which Shadow wanted to do, and then the subsequent rescue mission.

Bringer can be in either or both as he chooses. Note though the second one, might be tougher to investigation if one can't travel quite the same way as Shadow.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 01:23 UTC
I feel sure Bringer is not nearly so stealthy as Shadow. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 11:38 UTC
I figured I'd check here if there are specific posting guidelines when many/all of us in the same thread so as to let the more and less sporadic posters all get their shot at actions etc.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 12:32 UTC
Thanks Raven. It is usually me that gets affected by this, maybe AJ too as we are in a different time zone to the rest of you and are usually in bed asleep when you guys are posting.

I generally favour that people don't make a second post until either everyone in the thread has posted or 24 hours has passed which ever happens sooner. It tends to be fair without slowing things down too much.

However this is Pande's game and his decision which I will abide by. smile
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 14:07 UTC
I can work with a "everyone or 24 hours" rule, certainly.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 15:11 UTC
I am fine with 24 hours. I want the game to be fun and playable for all. Let's see how it goes.

I am not always as fast as I have been. So it should play a bit different now that we are in the meat of things.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 15:23 UTC
Thank you for the clarification. So, once until everyone has posted or 24 hours have passed?

I'll keep it in mind when I read/respond.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 15:30 UTC
If I can clarify something and not move the action forward I may do that. But I expect daily is the best I will normally maintain. It might be two to three times a week as my usual pace.
Posted By: TheDarkJedi Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 16:00 UTC
I'm very happy with an every 24 hour posting guideline!
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 16:58 UTC
Speaking of the '24hr or everyone' rule, anyone else in on the scouting thread or can I reply to Tiger-Lily?
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 22/10/14 17:52 UTC
Physically scouting the kennel? Not Seeker, no.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 23/10/14 01:54 UTC
Bringer isn't stealthy enough to contribute to what Shadow's doing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 23/10/14 11:18 UTC
I had been trying to consider it and thought I had a bit more time. It makes more sense for her not to go so...

I guess Soot isn't going. I'm sorry for not responding sooner.
Posted By: TheDarkJedi Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 27/10/14 04:03 UTC
I'll have Terror in the Kennel thread probably tomorrow! Sorry for the delay -- dealing with an oncoming cold. sad He'll be able to scout outside along with the pretty blue-eyed newcomer.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 27/10/14 08:28 UTC
Feel better soon!
Posted By: TheDarkJedi Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 28/10/14 02:02 UTC
Not taking "non-drowsy" medicine before going to bed would really help. Boy was I stupid yesterday.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 30/10/14 00:35 UTC
I'm generally good only for one time frame thread at a time, so let me know when Kennel thread moves past the scouting to the next night (or whenever)
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 30/10/14 13:25 UTC
Will do! smile I expect we'll be having a get together before the main event anyway. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 31/10/14 05:29 UTC
Gypsy is correct. All the PCs will be involved in the kennel rescue.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 23/11/14 11:44 UTC
This invisibility.. and other spells.. do they have a duration? Can they be cancelled at will? smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 23/11/14 18:09 UTC
They last for a scene mostly. Yes they can be invoked and or dispelled at will. Merely a story element that you get to choose how they are used in the fiction.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 24/11/14 17:22 UTC
OK thanks! smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 27/11/14 15:19 UTC
Happy Turkey Shenanigans to all if you observe that sort of thing. wink
Posted By: TheDarkJedi Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 10/12/14 03:46 UTC
Sorry for the absence. Holidays got a bit crazy.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 10/12/14 06:06 UTC
That will happen. Welcome back. Now stop putting fur on my pants!
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 10/12/14 08:27 UTC
If you didn't want fur on them, you wouldn't have worn them in brush against range. Silly human.
Posted By: TheDarkJedi Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 16/12/14 03:09 UTC
Shedded fur is the latest in fashion trends.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 02/01/15 20:11 UTC
I know it is the holidays and everyone is busy. But I wanted to let you all know that I am waiting on more cats to chime in on Soot's suggestion before I post again. wink

Hope everyone that does celebrate at this time of year enjoyed themselves.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 13/01/15 07:17 UTC
We have fallen into a lull as people get busy. Do you want me to start the dreaming thread? Or?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 13/01/15 11:54 UTC
Surely - I'm all for it.
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 13/01/15 15:46 UTC
Sounds like a good plan to me.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 14/01/15 06:15 UTC
New thread is up. We can keep playing in the other threads. But those who wish to dream walk can join the new one. Note if your cat doesn't have the ability to dream walk they call still go as observers, they will just be invisible and intangible to the dream world and its participants. Which in some ways could be safer. razz
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 14/01/15 14:47 UTC
Which of us have Dream Walk?

Seeker doesn't and was planning to stalk around Astrally to watch for intrusion, which might look like Dream Walking to anyone awake, but isn't the same thing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 14/01/15 15:18 UTC
Obviously Soot does! She can pull others w/out it into the dream if you want.

Gee, P, thanks for the safety commentary. wink
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 14/01/15 23:52 UTC
Shadow will stay out of it, he's happy with the whole invisible and intangible schtick in the real world. Besides, someone needs to keep an eye on things.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 23/01/15 22:46 UTC
Well the dream thread doesn't seem to have gathered participants. Shall I skip on to the main part of the game? We can run both concurrently. Just want people to have something fun to enjoy not waiting on me. smile

Things on the horizon The Kennel rescue, and dealing with the main plot which will happen shortly.

Looking for feedback so I know where the cats want to go, because herding them is so darn much work.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 24/01/15 14:31 UTC
I got the impression that Soot was waiting on the GM for the Dream thing, several of us were observing and/or on guard duty.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 24/01/15 17:40 UTC
Well I was under the impression that only one went in with Soot. So I paused to see if we had more takers. In either case it will be more to read as a solo adventure so I wanted to offer another thread at the same time.

Thanks for keeping me on track.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 24/01/15 19:54 UTC
I thought Bringer was in on the dream...
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 24/01/15 20:48 UTC
Seeker is outside of the dream proper, but also snoozing as he watches for intrusion from the Astral.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 25/01/15 01:09 UTC
Bringer was the only one to join as an observer as near as I have read. Which is fine by me, just didn't want to make assumptions...

Guess I will have to have something exciting happen outside of the dream world too. wink
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 22/02/15 22:46 UTC
We seem to have stalled. Move on to the next event? (The kennel rescue.) I can give a summary of what might or is learned with this encounter.
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/02/15 00:43 UTC
Sorry... I saw nothing to respond to in the last post, so didn't respond.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/02/15 03:06 UTC
My intention was to force a physical confrontation with the spirit, and there by allow them to not only show their catness, but also possibly learn some information.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The intended threat was the physical movement of the spirit. If she/it isn't stopped it could drown the burden. Just as the cat was drowned, if players remember.
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/02/15 11:35 UTC
I recognize the threat in the scene, which is why I was expecting something dramatic and got... essentially nothing.

I just didn't see any way in which to change my prior post, given the lack of change in the situation. I simply didn't know if there was anything *to* do, given that what I did got no reaction at all.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/02/15 12:58 UTC
From the write up of the dreamwalking, I believe my character is in the dreaming and not seeing any of it?
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/02/15 13:46 UTC
My cat is not confrontational or very experienced in spirit issues.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/02/15 15:51 UTC
My cat is confrontational and has some anti-spirit capabilities, but isn't sure what the commotion is having just turned up in the room.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/02/15 16:30 UTC
Heh. It's like herding cats. Let me see what I can do to help the scene along before we skip ahead. I will try and get something up today.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/02/15 17:51 UTC
Well... you could have picked dogs, but that would be no fun!

If mine isn't out of the scene, please let me know.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 24/02/15 03:45 UTC
You have a good handle on what is going on. I was just trying to deal with both in and out of dream kinds of things at the same time. Which with cats complicates things. smile
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 24/02/15 11:16 UTC
I guess I need to ask outright, then...

Is the approaching spirit showing any sign of noticing Seeker and just ignoring him or is it not seeming to see him at all? "Seems Unaware" wasn't sufficiently clear to me the first time, nothing was adding this time.

Is she acting like she was earlier or somehow different in any noticeable way (Seeker's theory that maybe something else is riding in the spirit not the woman who they think it is)? Might be hard to tell if it's just moving forward without any color... but it's hard to do *anything* responsive if it's offering little to respond to.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 24/02/15 17:10 UTC
That helps. Thanks.

The spirit seems about the same to Seeker. She seems distracted which is likely an effect of the dream walking. She shows no signs of stopping. No she seems to be completely unaware of the real world.

Does that clarify things?

And a note to all. The game is more of an interactive work of fiction. Please ask, suggest, heck out right create if it helps tell a better story.

Lastly but certainly not least. We all miss stuff due to RL's little distractions. I for one appreciate the help in being reminded of something I might have missed.
Posted By: The Ghoul Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 24/02/15 17:26 UTC
OK, completely unaware is one of the possibilities (and the most obvious one), but I needed to be certain given Seeker's current theories. It certainly divides what he was most worried about from what's happening (which he should be worried about, but he's not always the most focused-on-the-real-issues sort of cat).

A real reply coming soon.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 11/03/15 05:35 UTC
Every cat has been here's back into the main thread. All is furry and quiet.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/03/15 18:25 UTC
At this point the cats can stay and watch or they can depart without interference.

Where to and what do they do?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 09/04/15 03:21 UTC
I don't need no stinking word of the day lists. I have AJ and he keeps making me look up words. Good Job! Keep it up. Oh and thanks. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 02/06/15 07:51 UTC
I know people are busy. But I expect when the time comes we can continue with the kennel rescue and finish the other scene. Then on to the main event. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 27/07/15 16:30 UTC
I know people are busy. Yet we have had some no shows and a decided lack of interest. Is it time to move the plot on or kill the game? I only want to do it if people want to play it. Looking for feed back. Failed experiment or no?
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 27/07/15 17:59 UTC
Still here and still interested.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 28/07/15 00:18 UTC
You've provided a good, interesting setup and have run the game well so far, Pandemonium, but, to be honest, I just have never been able to develop a strong feeling for my character.

Not your problem, all mine, but I think I'd be better off dropping out of this one.

Sorry about that...
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 28/07/15 03:52 UTC
I wasn't looking to push anyone a direction. But I do understand. If it isn't interesting and fun then there is no point. Your always welcome.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 29/07/15 13:55 UTC
I'm in the Exeter camp. Though it would be cool to play a cat - harder than I thought. sad
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 29/07/15 22:18 UTC
Do we need a massive transmorgrification? All cats become burdens? (Snicker)
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 30/07/15 13:14 UTC
Nope.. though a mix could have been interesting. grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 30/07/15 13:16 UTC
I'm interesting in continuing, but Soot isn't a main mover and shaker I'm afraid. I appreciated the chance to try it at the very least.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 01/08/15 18:00 UTC
Well I am all for continuing. The premise for the game is cats are the end all be all. But if a couple of people want to change things up and play burdens to jon the adventure. I could certainly adapt.

That sound interesting? Mainly throwing it out to spice it up. I am fine with continuing even in the face of people dropping out. Just want to entertain.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 02/08/15 10:47 UTC
I'm willing. The idea reminds me of the Duane book crossover with the young wizards series. But it's up to the others
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 02/08/15 11:18 UTC
Exeter, want to play my burden? smile
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 02/08/15 14:45 UTC
I could give it a shot if you'd like, Gypsy. I'm pretty good at playing oblivious, perhaps even dumb, humans.

What exactly did you have in mind?
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 02/08/15 14:46 UTC
I'll send you the details! smile
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 02/08/15 14:51 UTC
Emailed smile
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 02/08/15 14:53 UTC
I'll get back to you soonest. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 02/08/15 23:59 UTC
Ex, feel free to make the burden special. Maybe not quite as magical as a cat. But let's come up with something to make he or she a participant too.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 03/08/15 00:34 UTC
I was wondering how you'd play this... So far, he's just a graphics designer/artist. I'll have to think of some quirks for him.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 03/08/15 12:07 UTC
He & Tiger-Lily are a fairly new partnership. She has no idea why he 'rescued' her - might be more to that! grin And they don't know each other very well yet. She is determined to 'protect' him and will have left dead mice (wards) around the outside of the house. He has been kind to her. Happy for you to enlarge on him. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 03/08/15 19:52 UTC
Sounds like a nice start. I will put the old grey matter to work.
Thanks
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 21/08/15 02:17 UTC
Short piece for Soot in The Report.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 21/08/15 06:42 UTC
Shadow is headed off to lord over his territories.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 21/08/15 07:15 UTC
That works. Like a vampire game not playing out the hunt, we won't play out territorial disputes. Unless they add to the story of course.

I will be starting the main thread shortly. Just have to write it up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 07/09/15 21:12 UTC
I'm really enjoying the training thread! One of these days those two will have to dream together so they can communicate!
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 08/09/15 04:14 UTC
That would be entertaining.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 08/09/15 18:45 UTC
Thanks! smile And so am I grin
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 08/09/15 21:55 UTC
And so am I in my attempts to be appropriately burdensome. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 09/09/15 05:05 UTC
Oh you are, you are. smile
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 11/09/15 14:39 UTC
wink
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 06/10/15 23:18 UTC
I have no idea whether the gun fits into your scenario, Pandemonium, but I needed something for Jayden to do while that damned cat is out cavorting in the woods. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 07/10/15 04:40 UTC
Fine by me. Of course he might be a burden if he gets hurt. smile
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 07/10/15 11:25 UTC
And might be if he's not... grin
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 05/11/15 13:02 UTC
On the one paw, Shadow is missing out on a fight. On the other, is that a promotion opportunity? weg
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 06/11/15 03:42 UTC
Heh
It certainly seems that way.

Sorry about the delay. I will work something up, just have to get a moment to create.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 16/11/15 19:38 UTC
Howdy folks. Just checking in to see who I can involve in what thread. I know AJ, Ex, and Gypsy are still interested. Who else?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 25/11/15 03:29 UTC
So looks like just three left. Shall we draw the battle to a close, and get the cats together with the lowly burden?
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 25/11/15 08:30 UTC
Ready, willing and able as and when.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 25/11/15 12:39 UTC
Sounds good! smile
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 25/11/15 14:26 UTC
Suits me...
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 10/01/16 07:57 UTC
Gypsy, was waiting to see if Tiger was going to let her silly burden leave the bad smelling place and abandon Jezzabella. Once that is answered, I can move that thread forward.

I am inclined to start a group thread, though it might be bumpy for including Jayden, but the main part of the adventure is coming up. The night of All Hallows Eve. I am open to suggestions.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 10/01/16 11:44 UTC
Actually yes, she was. Her attention is to try to lead Jayden to Jezzabell's home. After all she has no idea that burdens might be clever enough to figure that out by themselves! grin

As to group thread, yes. Much better if all of us can join in. smile

I was wondering - an idea that may or may not fit - Jayden is obviously aware that something is a bit different with Dizzy, especially given the other two cats now being involved. So maybe they could learn to communicate through the spirit? Probably a big adjustment of both their thinking of each other. But it might give better involvement for everyone? If Pande is happy to explore the idea I'd want to know the others are OK with it as players. smile
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 10/01/16 15:30 UTC
At the very least, I am willing to hear a discussion on the matter. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 10/01/16 17:23 UTC
I am open. Grandfather spirit is there to help. wink
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 11/01/16 13:31 UTC
I just thought that as Dizzy can communicate with the spirit.. and the spirit seems to be able to communicate with Jayden, then it is at least possible. wink How many cat laws would Dizzy be breaking? grin
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 12/01/16 02:11 UTC
Got me. One at least. Cats are not supposed to let their dumb burdens know of their magical nature. But maybe if Jayden didn't let anyone else learn it could be ok.

Hey Ex. Did you know you were going to play a crazy cat lady.. I mean guy? smile
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 12/01/16 02:24 UTC
I didn't know it, but I've started to see it coming for a while now. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 12/01/16 02:40 UTC
Heh. New thread up. Initially for DC and Jayden but soon to work in Shadow.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 05/02/16 00:45 UTC
AJ Gypsy suggested a scene for Tiger, Shadow, to meet in the yard while Jayden spruces up. That work for you?

We need to get the spirit translating so that we can loop Jayden in and get to the name for which the game has been, well named. smile
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 05/02/16 01:48 UTC
Whatever suits you all suits me fine. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 04/05/16 16:34 UTC
No need to worry about Jayden, not like he is going to be seeing dead people anytime soon. wink
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 04/05/16 19:37 UTC
Where would you see dead people in a game like this? smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 29/10/16 02:38 UTC
The morgue, the cemetery, I can come up with a few more places if you would like. smile
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 29/10/16 13:22 UTC
Almost 6 months between question & answer wink This a record? lol
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 31/10/16 04:14 UTC
LOL. Darn cats are so difficult to make do anything. smile
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 17/11/16 22:58 UTC
Are we waiting on anyone?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 18/11/16 22:34 UTC
I believe the ball is in Jayden's corner. Though we could skip on. Silly burdens don't make decisions anyway.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 17/01/17 13:49 UTC
Apologies guys, seems I dropped the ball here. Always feel free to nudge me. I do pretty much post daily. grin
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 20/02/17 16:27 UTC
Is the spirit likely to speak further or are we free to move on?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 24/02/17 03:23 UTC
Free to move on. It has given what it knows. smile
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 24/02/17 12:42 UTC
How far away are the woods? As a player I would like to include Exeter, as a cat I think my burden is safer at home. grin
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 24/02/17 22:26 UTC
Jayden just might drop off into a snooze. smile
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 25/02/17 01:34 UTC
Shadow is very much against involving humans, especially not one who has already come close to seeing too much, to the point that they might irrevocably break, or need to be removed to maintain the First Rule.

I, on the other hand, don't want to exclude, block, or cold-shoulder Ex. It's a definite clash of story versus character, though. Don't suppose you could bring your original cat along?
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 25/02/17 02:12 UTC
I'd have to go back and reread to even get an idea about my original cat character. If I find the time, I might do so...
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 26/02/17 16:51 UTC
Not a bad idea AJ. That way it works for cats & players! grin
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 28/02/17 22:19 UTC
I am open to petting a new/old kitty. It is up to you. One way or another we need all the PCs out in the woods in the dark on All Hallows Eve. smile
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 28/02/17 22:53 UTC
Jayden is easier to play but, if you like, I can go back and see if I can refamiliarize myself with that cat...
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 01/03/17 04:52 UTC
It is literally all about you.

Like I said, as long as the PCs all end up where they need to be, the world can end... I mean... well maybe just this little town. Either way, the adventure will come to them, if they don't go. Horror is just better in a dark wood on a dark night.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 02/03/17 15:10 UTC
Or maybe Grandpa knows something..? wink
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 02/03/17 19:27 UTC
He's bound to know more than Jayden does. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 06/03/17 07:42 UTC
Quite possibly.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 06/03/17 11:09 UTC
So, how are we proceeding here?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 08/03/17 19:39 UTC
Well I was wondering if the cats were going out into the woods by themselves, or if they were going to take Jayden. Or if they weren't going into the woods at all?

I can't really pick a route for the characters. I was hoping you guys would decide and I could write the scene appropriately.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 08/03/17 20:06 UTC
Shadow is all for going into the woods by themselves. AJ is for finding a way to accommodate Ex despite that.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 09/03/17 00:05 UTC
It's aggravating to disagree with your character, isn't it? smile

Jayden would be pleased to chauffeur the cats to the woods. Maybe Spirit Grandpa could let him know what was needed.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 09/03/17 15:00 UTC
To sum up:

AJ wants to involve Exeter but Shadow does not want to involve Jayden.

Gypsy wants to involve Exeter but doesn't mind Jayden being involved.

So we need Exeter & Pande to either contrive a way to bring Jayden in or for Exeter & Pande to reestablish Exeter's cat and get him to turn up.

Over to you guys! Make a decision and enact it. AJ & I have had our say. smile
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 10/03/17 00:30 UTC
Which do you prefer, Pande?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 11/03/17 03:23 UTC
Wait, I spend all my time herding cats and now you want me to make decisions too? Sheesh you guys are harsh.

I think we may end up with Jayden being killed by the cat council after Shadow rats him out. smile

But we can stick with Jayden because Ex prefers that.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 11/03/17 03:29 UTC
New thread OAHE: Into Darkness They are Borne for all.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 11/03/17 14:17 UTC
Originally Posted By Pandemonium
I think we end up with Jayden being killed by the cat council after Shadow rats him out. smile

It's for his own protection! And ours! wink
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 04/04/17 11:46 UTC
Seem to have stalled.. wink
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 12/04/17 21:04 UTC
Yes Ex seems to have missed us. Ex you are petting your cat, next?
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 13/04/17 00:33 UTC
Ex' post is the penultimate one in the thread, we may need a Pande-post to move forward. Or to sharpen claws on, either way.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 13/04/17 19:44 UTC
I can easily post, I was just awaiting Jayden. My bad I guess.
Moving on.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 16/05/17 23:31 UTC
Shadow is nothing if not inappropriately ambitious.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 17/05/17 11:27 UTC
Always! grin
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 17/05/17 19:12 UTC
LOL Nice.
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sat 03/06/17 14:07 UTC
Does it? Good question, don't know offhand.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 09/06/17 11:14 UTC
We seem to have come to a halt again wink
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 09/06/17 19:10 UTC
The clog should be cleared now. grin
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 21/07/17 14:26 UTC
Away from Mon-Thu next week. Waiting to hear what AJ/Shadow wants to do. smile
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 21/07/17 17:33 UTC
I was the last person to make an in-character post!
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 21/07/17 20:12 UTC
Hmm, might refresh your browser, there is a bunch of OOC stuff in the main character thread and I have the last post. smile
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Fri 21/07/17 22:24 UTC
Played the last character to make an in-character post, then.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 23/10/17 16:55 UTC
I put up a new thread for the cat council resolution. I just set the scene, go ahead and post what you will. If we need a few to get the flavor that is fine to. Whatever you guys would like.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/11/17 17:25 UTC
This seems like a good spot to end, does that work for you guys? Or is there another scene you would like for closure?
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/11/17 17:51 UTC
Works for me.. unless Exeter wants in on the action, welcoming Dizzy home! smile
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 07/11/17 20:35 UTC
Looks great to me. Shadows inevitable downfall due to overreaching can wait. wink
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 08/11/17 00:34 UTC
Whatever suits you suits me fine. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 08/11/17 19:51 UTC
It is not about me. wink
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 13/11/17 09:21 UTC
Given the response, is that a wrap, then?
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 14/11/17 12:10 UTC
I think so. As the game finished, it will be moved to the Hall of Fame section. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 14/11/17 15:38 UTC
Works for me. Thanks for the fun guys!
Posted By: AJ Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 14/11/17 16:23 UTC
Been a real pleasure.
Posted By: Exeter Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Tue 14/11/17 17:11 UTC
And an unusual pleasure at that. grin
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Wed 15/11/17 11:47 UTC
Agreed! grin I'll get this moved shortly. smile
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Thu 16/11/17 15:20 UTC
Thanks for moving it. It is quite odd to know that I have now finished two PBP games. smile
Posted By: Gypsy Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Sun 19/11/17 15:00 UTC
Well done! grin
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: OOC: Now Scatter! - Mon 20/11/17 18:59 UTC
Thanks!
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post