DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Zeim Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout - Wed 01/10/14 13:05 UTC
DM

The torch spills light twenty feet around the torchbearer as the party begins to explore the dark cave. The passage has a steeply sloping ceiling that has created stalactite-covered vaults rising twenty feet up. The sound of water in the cave is loud and you can tell that it would muffle noises. You wade through the shallow stream, only two feet deep. It is cold and slow moving making it easy to wade through.

Just inside the cave mouth, a few uneven stone steps lead up to a small, dank chamber on the east side of the passage. The cave narrows to a steep fissure at the far end and is filled with the stench of animals. Savage snarls an the sounds of rattling chains greet your ears where three wolves are chained up just inside the opening. Each wolf's chain leads to an iron rod driven into the base of a stalagmite.

Attached picture crag4.jpg
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 01/10/14 15:06 UTC
<Bern>

He takes a moment to see if he can see any tracks on the 'ledge' to the east of stream.

so the wolves are to the north, further 'up stream' ... right?

In case you need it ...Bern perception at cave MikeD rolled d20+2 and got 6.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 01/10/14 15:11 UTC
DM

I knew I should have put them on the map. Here is a new map. The wolves are in the cave, tied to the stalagmite by a chain with a spike driven into the base of the stalagmite.

BTW, since these are your favored enemies you get to roll with advantage.

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 01/10/14 20:21 UTC

ya know, like you, I knew I should have included that 'advantage' roll ... just in case <g>

Bern perception adv additional roll MikeD rolled d20+2 and got 21
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 01/10/14 21:48 UTC
(OOC - Even with a success you probably aren't going to learn much that is surprising here. Bern sees wolf and Goblin tracks that lead into and out of the Cave. Also he sees Goblin tracks that lead along the narrow ledge back outside to the brushy area and more Goblin tracks that lead along the narrow ledge deeper into the cave complex.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 02/10/14 00:14 UTC
<Bern>

An examination of the tracks told the story. The rest of the goblins were likely split between the two paths. But he was not sure which was the better choice ... the cave or deeper along the river. He hated the idea of leaving anyone behind them, but even if they went in with the wolves, any goblins from further up the stream could come in behind as well.

In the end, the noise the wolves were making decided him on taking care of them first. He pointed into the cave and got his bow ready. They could take =them= out from range. He stated with the one on the right (w2).

Bern shoot wolf-2 MikeD rolled d20+5,d8+5 and got 14, 9
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 02/10/14 01:17 UTC
Ryssa

Seeing Bern shoot at the closest wolf and not having a clear view of the next closest one, Ryssa aimed and loosed an arrow at the wolf farthest away from where she stood.

Shoot W1: 1d20+4,1d6+3 = 19,8
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 02/10/14 01:18 UTC
Balthazar

Not able to see any of them, he watches for trouble coming from behind and in front of the group.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 02/10/14 01:36 UTC
Luminmorn

He prepared himself for trouble. He watched and listened.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 02/10/14 13:49 UTC
(OOC - Need an action from Lingo)
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 02/10/14 18:34 UTC
OOC: Zeim, for the most part Lingo will tag along until someone asks him to do something. I know what the right thing to do is so it isn't quite fair. So, don't wait on my posts.

Lingo

The halfling glares and taunts one of the chained up wolves and giggles as they try and attack him but are restrained by the chains.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 02/10/14 23:45 UTC
[OOC: Okay, since we need to prompt Lingo, should we have him check for traps and the like?]
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 01:03 UTC
[[ that might be nice, but maybe we should wait until the wolves are dead <g> ]]

Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 01:33 UTC
[OOC: Well... tell Lingo to kill 'em then! grin ]
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 11:56 UTC
[ooc: Exeter, yes. That's precisely what I mean by you have to tell Lingo. I know where every trap and secret whatchamacallit is. As for killing stuff, he'll do what the others do for now. He's not your private assassin.]
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 13:58 UTC
[OOC: Damn... And I always wanted a private assassin of my own. smile ]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 14:32 UTC
(OOC - Nep - That is what I meant when I said I needed an action. The group seems to have come to a decision to kill the wolves with arrows. As Lingo is one of the archers among the team I was waiting for an attack roll. If he will watch them fire at the wolves instead, that's fine. I just needed to know.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 15:30 UTC
[[ hell, based on his location on the map, I am not sure Lingo can even =see= the wolves ... he =is= short and standing in the stream <chuckle> ]]

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 16:06 UTC
OOC: Yeap, that is why Balthazar isn't doing anything. He is way to far back to even see the wolves so he is looking out for trouble instead.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 17:59 UTC
ooc: ok. He fired lots of arrows and missed a lot. I don't have my books with me so I can't tell if I hit or not. I'll shoot until they all die and then pick up the arrows. Do I get all the XP's???

I'm crazy busy at work so work around me to get this done.

Lingo Arrows at wolves
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5 and got 13, 8, 8, 7, 16, 10
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 18:34 UTC
GM

The party decides to attack the snarling wolves, rather than try to bypass them. Moving up for better positions, Bern, Ryssa, and Lingo all fire arrows at the chained wolves.

Bern fires an arrow at the wolf in the southern end of the cave (W2) and hits. Ryssa fires at the wolf on the eastern end (W3), and also hits, and Lingo fires at the other wolf, on the northern end, and he likewise hits (Nep - you didn't roll damage so I rolled the d6+3 for you). None of the wolves takes enough damage to kill it.

If the wolves seemed agitated before, they are in a complete frenzy now. They tug and pull on their chains, snarling and snapping, trying to get at the pcs who are just out of reach.

Wolves break chains DC 15
Zeim rolled d20+1,d20+1,d20+1 and got 20, 6, 13

One of the wolves manages to pull hard enough on his chain that the anchor bolt connected to the floor groans and begins to pull loose.

Actions? Also please all make initiative rolls.

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 19:24 UTC
<Bern>

Since they were still up, he was still firing.

Bern Init and 2nd att on wolves MikeD rolled d20+3,d20+5,d8+5 and got 17, 10, 11
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 19:25 UTC
Luminmorn

He is read to act but can't disturb the archers. He assumes that they will let him know when he needs to move and he waits for a sign.

Initiative 11
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 23:40 UTC
Ryssa

Ryssa nocked another arrow, aimed and shot at the same wolf.

Initiative Roll: 1d20+2 = Unimpressive 3
Shoot W1: 1d20+4,1d6+3 = 12,4
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 03/10/14 23:53 UTC
(OOC - Rolling Initiative for Lingo:

Lingo initiative
Zeim rolled d20+3 and got 16 )

Just need Balthazar to roll initiative and act if he chooses for this round and I will resolve.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 04/10/14 00:03 UTC
Balthazar

He moved into a support position and will fire off a firebolt at the wolf that has broken free if it is still up, otherwise at one of the other wolves.

Initative 1d20+2 = 22. Firebolt hits 1d20+5=23, 4 points of damage
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 04/10/14 17:13 UTC
Lingo

He moves behind Bern and ducks behind the wall.

Lingo Drops bow, attacks with sword Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d6+3 and got 24, 8
Lingo Since Bern is adjacent he gets sneak dice Neptune rolled 1d6 and got 2

Moves north 2.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 04/10/14 17:55 UTC
GM

Nep - No wolf is attacking, yet. They are all still chained. One has loosened it's chain but it is still tied. They have not yet broken free so I am using your earlier set of bowshots still. I can move you north 2, to just above Bern right after your shot missed. You are directly above Bern.

wolf initiative
Zeim rolled d20+2 and got 17
wolves break chains
Zeim rolled d20+1,d20+1,d20+1 versus DC10, DC15, DC15 and got 8, 19, 16

Balthazar - 22
Bern - 17
Wolves - 17
Lingo - 16
Lumimorn - 11
Ryssa - 3

Balthazar's attack on the wolf that loosened it's chain hits, but does not kill it. Bern fires his bow at it and misses. The wolves are in a frenzy and continue to strain at their chains. The first wolf, who had loosened his chain earlier still can't break it. The other two wolves have now loosened their own chains, but all the wolves are still tied.

Lingo fires his bow once more and misses, as does Ryssa. Lumimorn continues to stand guard.

OK, we are back at the top of the new round. Balthazar and Bern are up. All three wolves are wounded and all have partially loosened their chains.

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 04/10/14 23:39 UTC
Balthazar

He loosens another firebolt at the same wolf, hoping to finish it off and hide behind the others.

1d20+5, 1d10 = 23 to hit, 8 points damage
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 13:43 UTC
(OOC - Balthazar drops Wolf 1. MikeD - Need an action from Bern for new round.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 15:40 UTC
<Bern>

There were still wolves ... so he fired again ...

Bern fire at w2 again MikeD rolled d20+5,d8+5 and got 20, 9
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 18:45 UTC
GM

Bern drops the second wolf, and only one is left. It struggles mightily against the restraining shackles......

Wolves break chains
Zeim rolled d20+1 and got 8 (DC10)

and fails. It is still shackled. Lingo, Ryssa, and Lumimorn go. One wolf left alive.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 19:21 UTC
Lingo
He comes out from hiding to fire another arrow at the remaining wolf but misses again.

Lingo Attacks lone wolf (with sneak damage)
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d6+3,1d6 and got 7, 9, 2
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 19:51 UTC
Luminmorn

He will hang back and let the archers have at their play. It seems quite unfair but he was sure that the wolves would attack given the opportunity.

Hold unless either a wolf or a goblin makes it possible for him to attack in hand to hand.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 20:55 UTC
Ryssa? You're up.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 22:45 UTC
Ryssa

There was one wolf still alive and it was struggling to pull loose from it's shackle so Ryssa drew, nocked and fired again.

Shoot Last Wolf: 1d20,1d6+3 = 17,5
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 22:46 UTC
And it is dead.

OK, where to next? Searching? Entering the cave? Moving further along the stream? Other?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 23:26 UTC
<Bern>

When the last wolf fell, he started making his way carefully into the cave. He was leery of goblins, of course. But the thought of more traps was a bigger worry for him at the moment.

Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 23:26 UTC
Ryssa

Seeing the last wolf fall, Ryssa moved forward to recover her spent arrows and then turned to the others, especially Bern, Lingo and Luminmorn.

"So what do we do next?"
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 06/10/14 23:48 UTC
Lingo

With the wolves dead now the halfling marches into the cave and picks up all his arrows. He looks around too.

Lingo Perception Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 2
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 07/10/14 00:06 UTC
Everyone entering the cave, either to retrieve arrows or to search make an Active Perception roll.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 07/10/14 00:27 UTC
Ryssa Perception Roll: 1d20+2 = 17
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 07/10/14 00:37 UTC
Balthazar

He will step near the entrance to the cave to keep an eye open for any trouble coming from further within the cavern system while the others retrieve arrows and such.

Perception - 14
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 07/10/14 01:19 UTC
Luminmorn

"Go where the wolves were guarding? Or is that too simple? "

Perception 7
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 07/10/14 01:31 UTC

Bern perception in cave MikeD rolled d20+2 and got 4

Cave? What cave? <sigh>
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 07/10/14 17:32 UTC
DM

As Ryssa and Balthazar look around, they can both see a narrow opening in the east wall leads to a natural chimney that climbs up. Garbage is scattered at the base of the fissure.

Actions?

Attached picture crag1.jpg
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 07/10/14 21:36 UTC
Ryssa

"Hey... look there," the cleric called out, pointing toward the fissure in the east wall. She walked over toward it, stopping before quite getting there and looking down at the rubbish.

"Say, Lingo... can you check this out for us?"
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 00:18 UTC
Luminmorn

The dragonborn was patient and waited. It didn't look like they could go further in the small room, but then the cleric called. He still waited because anything Lingo was being called to check out, Luminmorn knew he wouldn't fit in.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 01:17 UTC
Lingo

"Yeah sure I want to go check out that place over there."

He grabs the torch sticks his head up the chimney and looks to see what he can see.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 01:30 UTC
Balthazar keeps watch in the tunnel to make sure that they are not snuck up on while the others are looking at the chimney.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 12:16 UTC
[OOC: Lingo needs to make a perception roll. grin ]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 13:03 UTC
DM

Lingo, examining the fissure and it's base can see that the rubbish seems to be trash discarded by someone up above. The chimney itself is a narrow opening leading upwards. It is rough, and bends a bit here and there as he looks up it. It is definitely wide enough for a person to fit, especially a halfling, however trying to navigate it would involve climbing up (OOC - Athletics Checks would be required).
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 15:03 UTC
Lingo

"It goes up and obviously garbage comes down. It might be some sort of escape chute. Oh, I'm not a great climber so if you want to go up this way, I suggest that someone else does it."
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 16:37 UTC
<Bern>

"OK, then it sounds like we want to go further up stream to find their nest", he suggested with a nod of his head back out to the stream.

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 17:14 UTC
Luminmorn

"Sounds good to me," the dragonborn agrees.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 19:07 UTC
Ryssa

Ryssa moved closer and did a brief search of the garbage, making a brief apologetic gesture to Lingo, one of the not that I don't trust you variety.

"I don't like leaving this behind us, but I trust you two as far as tactics are concerned," she said.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 20:55 UTC
DM

The party has decided to head back out into the corridor and follow the stream further into the lair.

The main passage from the cave mouth climbs steeply upward, the stream plunging and splashing down its west side. In the shadows, a side passage leads west across the other side of the stream.

OK. I need you to place yourselves on the map using the coordinates given. The walkway paralleling the stream is on the eastern side of the corridor. The stream runs pretty quickly, crossing over several sets of rapids, but does not seem to be more than a few feet deep. If you choose to walk in the stream it is considered difficult terrain so will cost double movement. If you don't walk in the stream, then it will be single file along the path on the east.

Note the light from outside doesn't reach this far in and it is dark. If you are using torches or light spells I need to know who is carrying those as well.

Once you have placed yourselves, and the light sources, I will update the map and call for actions.

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 23:28 UTC
<Bern>

It was his idea, so he took the lead. He lit a torch and moved carefully forward.

Bern perception looking for traps on the path MikeD rolled d20+2 and got 18
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 23:28 UTC
[OOC: Ryssa would defer to the more combat oriented of the group (Bern and Luminmorn) as to whether they'd walk in the water or single file along the right side. She'd position herself toward the middle of the group and would carry a torch if needed since she does not have a light spell. Took the lead where, MikeD?]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 08/10/14 23:41 UTC
(OOC - Yes. Assume you can place yourselves anywhere that is visible on the map. You all started inside the cave. So I need specific coordinates for each of you. MikeD - I will take your checking for traps into account. And I will ask for rolls or actions once I know where everyone is and who has the light. Remember a torch only illuminates brightly for 20 feet and dimly for another 20 feet.)
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 00:53 UTC
Luminmorn

He would prefer not to carry a torch as his massive weapon is two handed. He intends to walk beside the stream rather than in it, and farther back in the group as his chain mail is not quiet.

I am guessing that the group starts around E1. So probably C4 or C5 for the dragonborn.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 02:45 UTC
OOC: Balthazar will hold the torch. He can always drop it and do light if more is needed and he will be in the middle of the group. Nice squishy protected. smile
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 11:41 UTC
Lingo
Since Lingo is up front he'll position himself at C3.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 11:46 UTC
Ryssa

Okay then, I'm assuming Bern's at C2? Ryssa at D4, out of the water.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 12:34 UTC
GM

OK, assuming no one has any issues with this placement (see map) we will continue.

Across from you, on the other side or the rushing stream, is a side passage that heads off to the west. It's entrance is choked with rubble and has a steep escarpment.

In the shadows of the ceiling to the north you can just make out the dim shape of a rickety bridge of wood and rope crossing over the passage ahead of you. Another passage (east-west) intersects this one, twenty feet above the floor.

Lingo and Bern make Perception checks please.

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 13:38 UTC
<Bern>

He continued along, taking time to look for tricks and traps. It was the sort of thing that they did.

Sorry for the delay, got busy with 'admin' stuff yesterday. But since most of it was adding three new fora, I consider that good news <g>

Anyway, Zeim, placement is fine. I had meant to include an out of water placement and that one is perfect.

Is this a new perception in addition to the one above? If so ...

Bern Next perception MikeD rolled d20+2 and got 13

Othewise, there is an earlier one above <g>

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 14:09 UTC
(OOC - Yes, MikeD. Your earlier roll was for traps on the path, which you don't find any of. This is for something different. Just need Lingo's roll and I can see what happens.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 15:41 UTC
Just checking <g>

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 19:18 UTC
BTW, MikeD, you can roll with advantage as these are Bern's favored enemy.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 09/10/14 22:45 UTC
Damn ... I keep forgetting that <sigh> It is gonna take me a while to get used to this new version :-/ Sadly it didn't help any <g>

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 00:47 UTC
Lingo

Creepy place ... keep an eye out ... goblinses are tricky ...

Lingo Perception Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 10
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 00:56 UTC
DM

OK, you see nothing new. To repeat:

Across from you, on the other side or the rushing stream, is a side passage that heads off to the west. It's entrance is choked with rubble and has a steep escarpment.

In the shadows of the ceiling to the north you can just make out the dim shape of a rickety bridge of wood and rope crossing over the passage ahead of you. Another passage (east-west) intersects this one, twenty feet above the floor.

Actions?

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 01:05 UTC
<Bern>

"That passage to the west doesn't look that promising. Lets continue on, shall we?"

Just in case <g>
Bern yet another Perception chk w/ adv MikeD rolled d20+2,d20+2 and got 17, 3
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 01:27 UTC
[OOC: The dragonborn is the caboose of this train, so he will go where ever the engine goes. ;)]
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 12:09 UTC
Ryssa

She peered forward and to the side, unable to see as clearly their options from her position in the line, and nodded, frowning with concentration.

"You are in the lead, Bern. You lead."
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 13:07 UTC
[[ hey ex, you going for the Jack character in Pitch Black ... emya-latin' yer new hero? <weg> ]]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 14:01 UTC
DM

Bern examines the escarpment across the stream and feels like the passage up may be unstable. he can't tell for certain without crossing the stream and checking it more closely however.

Proceeding onwards, you carefully move further along the passage until you reach a spot directly under the bridge. You can see it is poorly constructed of broken boards and tattered rope. It spans an east-west passage that is a full 20 feet up above you in the corridor. The stream, and the path you are on pass underneath the bridge.

(OOC - I need perception checks now from Ryssa, Lumimorn, and Balthazar. Lingo and Bern already made theirs.)

Attached picture cragmaw.jpg
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 14:10 UTC
Balthazar is obviously intrigued by the haphazard nature of the bridge, failing to look around.

Perception 1d20+2 = 6
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 14:51 UTC
[OOC: Haven't seen Pitch Black, so I can't say for sure. smile ]

Ryssa Perception Check: 1d20+2 = 8
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 18:04 UTC
Just need Lumimorn.......
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 18:06 UTC
[OOC: Oops, sorry. Perception 8]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 19:22 UTC
DM

(OOC - 5 Perception rolls, one with Advantage, and no one can beat a 14?)

As the group pauses under the bridge to decide what to do next, you can see that the stream passage continues up beyond another set of uneven steps ahead, bending eastward as it goes. You can hear the sounds of a waterfall from somewhere up ahead of you, as well as the sound of rhythmic banging which suddenly stops as you pause to listen. The rickety bridge connecting the two tunnels is 20 feet above you.

Just as you note the end of the rhythmic banging, it is replaced by a tremendous ROAR that fills the passageway, along with a huge rushing wall of water that comes barreling down the passage from up ahead of you!

Bern, Lingo, and Balthazar must make a DC 15 Strength saving throw in order to be able to find a rock to grab on to and avoid being washed back down the tunnel by the flood.

Ryssa and Lumimorn have a second option. They can try to run/jump across the stream to the tunnel entrance labelled #4 on the map, which would require a DC 10 Dexterity Save. If you fail that roll, or you choose not to attempt it after Bern's warning that the area looked unstable, you could then try to hang on like the others and make the same DC 15 Strength Save.

I also need everyone to make an Initiative roll!

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 19:51 UTC
Balthazar

He looked up at the sound of the water rushing toward them and desperately looks for something to hold on to!

Initiative 1d20+2 = 13
Saving Throw 1d20 = 6 (tumble, tumble, tumble)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 20:24 UTC
<Bern>

[[ and =that= is why we hate this dice roller <chuckle> ]]

He had been listening ... hoping to hear something that would suggest which way to go. The sudden silence was ominous ... it seemed to suggest that they had been discovered. The sound of the rushing water made it pretty clear what was coming. He had time to call out, "Hold on to something", then he was jamming his hand into a crevas ...

Bern str chk MikeD rolled d20+4 and got 14
Bern Init again MikeD rolled d20+5 and got 18

Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 23:12 UTC
Ryssa

"Lathander, save us," Ryssa called out, glancing from the wall to her right to the onrushing water to the partially blocked tunnel to her left. She jumped for the tunnel opening, hoping it was not a mistake.

Initiative Roll: 1d20+2 = 7
Dexterity Roll: 1d20+2 = 8
Slow, stupid AND clumsy
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 23:25 UTC
OK, Ex, now that you failed the Dex roll to jump to safety, you get to try the same Str roll (DC 15) as everyone else, to grab onto something.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 23:30 UTC
Ryssa

Floundering around, Ryssa desperately reached out for a handhold.

Strength Save: 1d20+1 = 5
Slow, stupid, clumsy AND puny
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 10/10/14 23:38 UTC
Just need rolls from Lingo and Lumimorn (Lumimorn has the same options Ryssa did).
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 11/10/14 01:05 UTC
(OOC: Any chance Luminmorn can aassist Ryssa? If so what kind of a roll?)

Initiative 10. Dex Check 10, Str Check 19. And as soon as I find out the other roll I can make that too.

2014-10-11 04:30:49
Luminmorn Str Check
Pandemonium rolled d20+3 and got 19
2014-10-11 04:30:28
Luminmorn Init
Pandemonium rolled d20-1 and got 10
2014-10-11 04:30:17
Luminmorn Dex Check
Pandemonium rolled d20-1 and got 10
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 11/10/14 14:17 UTC
Pande - The checks come along with a conscious choice. Do you want to try to jump across the stream to the unstable escarpment and climb it, or do you want to hang on to the rock wall where you are?

You can't really assist Ryssa here.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 11/10/14 16:37 UTC
[OOC: Well the dragonborn knows he is not very quick. So I guess the conscious choice is to hang on. Even though as a player I would want to jump and hang on elsewhere so that he could offer an arm to Ryssa as she goes down stream. So hang on and figure out how to help in the next round.]
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 12/10/14 14:40 UTC
Lingo

He tries, in vain, to latch on to a ledge or a rock but his hands are not strong enough

Lingo Strength check, Initiative roll
Neptune rolled 1d20+1,1d20+3 and got 10, 8
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 12/10/14 17:41 UTC
DM

The water comes rushing down the tunnel in a tremendous flood. All of the pcs grasp desperately for handholds among the rough cavern walls, but only Lumimorn manages to grab hold of a crevasse. All the others are washed away, tumbling head over heels as the water washes then back outside the cavern complex to the open field outside.

Everyone except Lumimorn takes 4 points of damage from bumps and bruises during the tumbling. Lumimorn, unfortunately, can no longer see as Balthazar and his light source has been washed away.

(Lumimorn is in Darkness. He can see light back in the distance at the cavern entrance but where he is is dark. He is effectively under the effect of the "Blinded" Condition:

Blinded - A blinded creature can't see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight.
Attack rolls against the creature have Advantage and the creature's attack rolls have Disadvantage)

Just as the flood came rushing down, Lumimorn could see a Goblin come running out onto the bridge from the upper eastern tunnel, then the light goes out.

Goblin Initiative
Zeim rolled d20+2 and got 12

Initiative:

Bern - 18
Balthazar - 13
Goblins - 12
Lumimorn - 10
Lingo - 8
Ryssa - 7

So, everyone is prone. It takes half your movement to stand back up. Bern and Balthazar go first.

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 12/10/14 17:50 UTC
Balthazar

The wiry mage, now thoroughly wet and bruised from the rough tumbling, got slowly to his feet and felt for all of his things and looked around to make sure that nothing was about to eat him.

Literally.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 12/10/14 19:22 UTC
<Bern>

He would have been cursing, but he was busy trying not to drown. He finally managed to drag himself out of the water enough to catch his breath. He looked around and started counting to see if anyone was missing. "Anyone see Lumimorn", he asked as he checked his personal belongings.

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 12/10/14 20:09 UTC
Lingo
He gets up, lights a torch and starts back up with his sword in hand.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 12/10/14 20:39 UTC
DM

The Goblin on the bridge, seeing Lumimorn hasn't been washed away, hurls a Javelin at him.

Goblin Javelin w/advantage
Zeim rolled d20+2,d20+2 and got 12, 11

He misses as the Javelin flies past the Dragonborn's head.

Lumimorn and Ryssa's turn.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 12/10/14 20:50 UTC
Luminmorn

There were no sounds of water, nor of his companions in the dark. Yet there was the sound of a weapon hitting the wall near him. It would do no good to charge blindly forward. No he had to retreat.

Letting go of the wall he moved back towards the light and hopefully out of sight or range of his attackers. He stopped in the opening to the wolf room and tried to signal his companions with a wave.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 12/10/14 21:28 UTC
Ryssa

Struggling out of the water and gasping, the cleric ran one hand quickly through her hair, the other hand checking to make sure her weapons were still secure.

Then, seeing Lingo heading back into the cave with a lit torch, she nocked an arrow and followed the little one.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 12/10/14 22:53 UTC
DM

Lumimorn moves back around the corner and pauses near the entrance to the cave where the wolves were. Lingo, carrying a torch, appears and approaches, followed by Ryssa. Bern and Balthazar (now without his own light source, it having gone out during the flood), paused to take stock.

Round 2 - Bern and Balthazar go. (We will keep the initiative order going for now).

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 01:06 UTC
<Bern>

With everyone else heading back into the caves, he decides he should probably follow. But he, among others, needed a light source to see. As he headed back into the caves, he got out a torch and worked to get it lit.

[[ I am sure that ... especially the lighting part ... will keep me from full movement. I leave it to you to decide how much is lost. ]]

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 14:55 UTC
(OOC - MikeD - You would use your "Action" for the turn to light the torch. You then could still move. Since you stood up last turn to look around for everyone you would have your full move. So you could move up to Lumimorn, or up to 10 feet past him if you choose.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 16:32 UTC
[[ works for me <g> Thanks. ]]

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 18:47 UTC
OK, just need a specific location, relative to Lumimorn's position.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 18:54 UTC
OOC: Didn't Lingo light you all up already? He'll pass the torch to Bern.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 20:53 UTC
[[ the coordinates are missing, but he would be 2 squares behind Lumimorn ... assuming no one is already there <g> ]]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 21:02 UTC
Ryssa is there now. You can move up behind Ryssa or you can pass her and enter cave 3.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 21:25 UTC
[OOC: Ryssa was counting on using the light from Lingo's torch.]
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 21:37 UTC
[OOC: Luminmorn was waiting because he was a wet blanket and needed a light source too. Though he will point out they are walking into an ambush. ;)]
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 13/10/14 22:07 UTC
[[ behind Ryssa is fine ... and I think his torch light will work for Ryssa and Luminmorn <g> ]]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 14/10/14 16:30 UTC
DM

Updated position map. Balthazar is up.

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 14/10/14 22:10 UTC
[[ works for me <g> ]]

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 15/10/14 22:35 UTC
Balthazar

He will follow the others into the tunnel against, casting a light spell on a stone and carrying it in his hand.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 15/10/14 22:46 UTC
(OOC - OK, Lumimorn, Ryssa, and Lingo go. The party has moved back into the tunnel and pauses near the entrance to the wolf cave. There is no sign of the Goblin Lumimorn saw earlier, although if he is still on the bridge he'd be around the corner from where you are now. Please provide co-ordinates of where you are moving to if you move.)

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 16/10/14 00:25 UTC
Balthazar

He is bringing up the rear so he will follow the person in front of him for now.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 16/10/14 05:58 UTC
Luminmorn

"I think they know we are here," he says with a bit of humor in his deep voice. Then with his weapon in his hand he moves back up the cave.

I think he can reach C7 in the lead. Unless someone else wants to go first.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 16/10/14 11:18 UTC
Ryssa

"You think so," she replied with a little less humor. "Someone apparently arranged quite an ablution for us."

Ryssa didn't much believe in coincidences. She continued forward, bow and arrow in hand, peering all around.

Depending upon Luminmorn and Lingo's moves, she'll most likely end up around E5
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 16/10/14 20:39 UTC
(OOC - OK, what are Bern and Balthazar going to do? Lingo will follow along with Lumimorn and Ryssa unless Nep tells me differently. If you all intend to move up behind Lumimorn you'd be in single file stretching from about C7 to about F4. MikeD, Ken? Just let me know if you intend to follow.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 16/10/14 22:03 UTC
Bern is working on getting back towards the front of the group ... there are goblins to kill <weg>

Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 16/10/14 22:04 UTC
[OOC: Ryssa would be happy to let Bern pass her.]
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 16/10/14 22:11 UTC
[OOC: As would Luminmorn.]
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 16/10/14 22:49 UTC
[[ Bern has to wait for his turn in initiative <wink> ]]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 00:02 UTC
DM

OK, here is a new map. We are at the top of the order. Lumimorn, Ryssa, and Lingo moved forward. Bern and Balthazar are a turn behind after delaying moving two turns ago. The sounds of the waterfall from up ahead get louder as you approach the bridge above you.

I need Lumimorn, Ryssa, and Lingo to make Perception Checks.

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 00:17 UTC
Luminmorn

Perception 15
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 00:37 UTC
Ryssa

Perception Check: 1d20+2 = 7
Here we go again.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 03:32 UTC
Lingo
Lingo Perception
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 10
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 13:21 UTC
DM

Lumimorn thinks he caught sight of a Goblin dashing back down that upper eastern tunnel and he can hear the sound of rhythmic banging again.

We are at the top of the order. Bern then Balthazar.

Actions?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 15:09 UTC
<Bern>

With his torch in hand he moves forward. "Here", he said as he handed his torch to Ryssa. That freed him to get his bow back out.

[[ looks like E4 is open =and= is next to Ryssa <g> ]]
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 15:32 UTC
Balthazar

He followed Bern with one hand prepped to cast, looking around for any sign of goblins sneaking in behind them.

I believe I will end up in F3
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 16:07 UTC
DM

Bern and Balthazar move up to the others. Everyone can now hear the same rhythmic banging sound over the sound of a waterfall up ahead somewhere. The passage ahead continues up some rough stairs and curves from north-east to more due east and disappears around a corner and beyond the light. The banging sound suddenly stops.

Actions everyone? We are going to stop the initiative order for now and everyone gets to declare an action. Most of you recognize the banging sound stopped right before the last deluge also.

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 16:15 UTC
Luminmorn

He doesn't want to be in the dark and washed away again but he doesn't think he can make the bridge by climbing. So he will charge forward.

Move forward as far as he can.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 16:32 UTC
<Bern>

"Does anyone else have some rope? If we could get up there", he said pointing to what passed for a bridge, "we could take them by surprise."

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 18:01 UTC
Lingo

"I have rope", the halfling says as he hands it to Bern.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 18:18 UTC
(OOC - OK, talking is a Free Action. I am also going to assume you have rope where you can easily get to it so I will count taking it out as a Bonus Action. I need a "Standard" Action, so if you are going to try to use the rope for climbing, then your action would be "Using Rope to try to Climb up bridge, or up wall, etc.". Naturally tell me how you are using the rope to try to climb.

So at the moment I only have a Standard Action from Lumimorn, which is to move ahead as far as he can, i.e. using "Dash" action.

Let me be less vague:

Banging sounds stop..... tick, tick, tick, tick......)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 21:08 UTC
<Bern>

Getting his rope and the rope from Lingo, he tosses the two up over the bridge above them. [[ lemme know if you want a roll for that ]]

Slinging his bow over his shoulder, he begins to climb up one of the ropes. "If we can all get up there, we can surprise them", he said as he climbed.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 21:51 UTC
OK -

Lumimorn - Dash ahead
Bern - climbing rope (make an Athletics check please, and what are you doing with your torch?)
Lingo - ?
Ryssa - ?
Balthazar - ?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 22:02 UTC
[[ handed the torch to Ryssa in my previous post while we were still posting in Init Order <g> ]]

Bern athletics - climb rope MikeD rolled d20+4 and got 21\\
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 22:11 UTC
Ryssa

The cleric grimaced as she accepted the torch from Bern, which allowed the ranger to use his own bow, but caused Ryssa to have to put her own bow over her shoulder.

She scowled briefly at Bern. He'd better be good with that long bow... she thought.

"I can't carry the torch and climb the rope," she called out, near frantic as the banging stopped.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 22:56 UTC
<Bern>

"You can toss them up once I get up there to catch them", he said as he climbed.

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 17/10/14 23:42 UTC
(OOC - Still need an action from Ryssa. Are you moving somewhere or standing and waiting. Only one can climb the rope at a time.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 00:23 UTC
[[ There were two ropes so two could climb at once ]]

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 00:52 UTC
Balthazar

Seeing that it was going to take a while for people to climb ropes and such, Balthazar moves into the entrance to 4 where he can still cover with group with his spells but have cover and potential to avoid another deluge.

Besides which, he wasn't sure he could actually climb the rope. He had never done that before.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 00:53 UTC
Ryssa

"Here, hold this," she said, handing the torch to the mage.

Ryssa took the second rope and threw it up over the bridge close to where the ranger had thrown his and then began to climb.

When she made it to the top, she called out, "Throw me the torch."

Athletics - Climb Rope: 1d20+1 = 19
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 01:10 UTC
[[ The rope is already in place. Bern threw both ropes over the bridge at the same time <g> ]]
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 03:02 UTC
Lingo
The halfling tries to follow Bern up the rope.

"You might have to pull me up."

That wouldn't be a challenge; he weights a scant 35 lbs.

Lingo climb rope Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 6
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 13:03 UTC
<Bern>

"If I am pulling, once I get up, grab one of the torches to bring up with you if you can."

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 17:54 UTC
DM

OK, lots of stuff happening simultaneously here.

First, Bern and Ryssa climb the rope, Balthazar takes Ryssa's torch and crosses the stream to wait near the entrance to #4, and Lumimorn runs ahead around the corner and out of view. Just as that occurs, there is another ROAR as another river of water comes pouring down the streambed.

Lingo, after reaching for the rope finds himself unable to climb and picking back up the torch he had to lay down to try to climb he calls for Bern to pull him up. Bern grabs the rope Lingo clings to.

Lumimorn runs ahead, the rushing water sweeping past his feet, reaching almost to his knees, but he manages to not be knocked down. His more immediate problem is in rushing ahead he has run beyond the reach of the light carried by others in the party. He is standing in the dark and cannot see (Blind conditions listed before apply, but see notes below)

So. I now need the following rolls:

Balthazar - DC 10 Dex check to jump up onto the rubble leading to #4 and avoid the water.
Bern - DC 5 Strength Check, with Advantage to pull Lingo to safety.
Ryssa - DC 18 Perception Check to see Goblin Hiding in tunnel. (Note: Bern is focused on saving Lingo so isn't looking around)
Lingo - DC 10 Acrobatics check to keep hold of the torch as Bern pulls him up (I am assuming Lingo is focusing on making sure he doesn't loose hold of the rope as his primary goal) and a DC 18 Perception Check to see the hiding Goblin in the tunnel.

Notes: we will readdress the situation if Lingo loses the torch and Balthazar fails his roll and is swept out of the cave with the other two lights. Also, if no one sees the Goblin he will have a surprise attack. Also, although the map shows two pools of water in reality both of those are empty. There is a waterfall in the far east corner of cave #7 that feeds the stream. There had been two dammed pools of water but both of those have been released now. The Goblins in that cave are standing on the rock wall of the far pool having just released it. And finally, if Bern pulls Lingo to the top of the bridge, and Lingo keeps hold of the torch, Luminorm will have enough light to see around where he is standing and for 5 feet beyond. Not far enough to see the Goblins who are not hiding as they did not expect anyone to come running in.

Goblin Stealth
Zeim rolled d20+6 and got 18

On top of all of that I need new Initiative rolls for everyone.

Goblin Initiative
Zeim rolled d20+2 and got 9

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 18:09 UTC
Luminmorn

Init 7
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 18:26 UTC
Lingo

lingo Acrobatics, perception
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d20 and got 24, 12

Lingo Stealth
Neptune rolled 1d20+7 and got 19

Posting from JetBlue. sweet!

He grabbed the torch with one and then grabbed onto the rope, dexterously wrapping it around his furry foot. Bern raised the halfling onto the bridge with ease. Lingo immediately moved into the passageway to the east and set the torch down 10 feet before it ended. He stayed close to the wall and looked for enemies. If they are attacked he uses his stealth to hide behind Bern.

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 19:03 UTC
(OOC - Nep - Note, Lingo's action is to climb and get up top, and he successfully holds on to the torch, and then make his Perception roll to see if he can see anyone around. He fails to see the Goblin. He can then also try to hide behind Bern. He can't do anything else this turn, so he can't yet move into the corridor. Climbing movement, which is what I am counting this as, cost double and it is 20 feet up. Note all of that presumes Bern makes his Str check.

Oh, I also need an Initiative roll for Lingo.)
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 19:06 UTC
Ryssa

Here we go again...

"Lathander, provide for us."

Perception Roll: 1d20+2 = 13
Initiative Roll: 1d20+2 = 5
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 21:55 UTC
<Bern>

DC 5? Bern cannot fail such a strength check ... he is +4 but for proprieties sake ... <g>
Bern Pull Lingo up (str) w/ adv MikeD rolled d20+4,d20+4 and got 23, 6
so of course I waste a 19 <sigh>

Bern latest init roll MikeD rolled d20+5 and got 10
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 18/10/14 23:04 UTC
Balthazar

He tries to scramble up on the rubble to avoid being swept away again, tossing the torch up on the rubble and stuffing his light stone in his pocket as he climbs.

Dex check 1d20+2 = 20
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 19/10/14 13:57 UTC
DM

Rolling Initiative for Neptune..

Lingo Initiative
Zeim rolled d20+3 and got 11

OK, so first thing is Balthazar is able to climb the rock scree and avoid the flood. Lumimorn ran ahead and the other three made it up on to the bridge. So no one is washed away. Lingo managed to also hold onto the torch so there is light in addition to the two lights Balthazar has.

Next. No one spotted the Goblin. The Goblin also did not spot Lingo, so in round 1 the Goblin gets to attack, but can't attack Lingo. So....

Goblin Attack Bern
Zeim rolled d20+4 and got 6 , and he misses.

Lingo holds on to the torch, so dim torch light reaches Lumimorn, allowing him to see. It does not come from behind him, as he might expect though. Rather it comes from a tunnel leading off from the west out of the larger cave he finds himself in after charging ahead. The light just barely reaches the edge of the rock wall a few feet past where Lumimorn stands, so he can't see the two Goblins in the room. If Lingo advances down the tunnel on his turn, or the Goblins close with Lumimorn, that may change. Otherwise he can hear them moving and under the "Blind" rules he can attack them with Disadvantage if they remain in the dark when it is his turn.

So, we now go to the Initiative Order which is:

Balthazar - 15
Lingo - 11
Bern - 10
Goblins - 9
Lumimorn - 7
Ryssa - 5

I need an initiative roll from Balthazar. However Lingo and Bern can act if you choose, or wait for those in front of you to go.

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 19/10/14 14:09 UTC
Balthazar

Reaching the top of the scree, he turns to look and see if his companions are safe and then spots the goblin. Leaving the torch on the ground, he prepares to cast his fire cantrip as soon as he could.

OOC: Initative = 15
Firebolt Spell = 1d20+5,1d10 = 18,7
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 19/10/14 14:27 UTC
<Bern>

He had been so focused on getting Lingo up he had not seen the vermin coming up behind. Well at least the damned thing missed. He pulled his rapier and attacked.

Bern kill goblin w/ rapier MikeD rolled d20+5,d8+5 and got 6, 9 and missed as well <sigh>
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 19/10/14 15:12 UTC
DM

Just as Bern turns to confront the Goblin that had attempted to stab him in the back, a bolt of fire comes flying over his right shoulder, barely missing his ear. It strikes the Goblin in the chest, flinging him back into the wall, where he collapses, dead.

(Ghosting for Neptune in case he's on the beach)

Lingo then grins at the dead Goblin, and Bern, and rushes past them both. He enters the room where Lumimorn is, drops the torch on the floor (which now illuminates the entire room), grabs his bow and fires at one of the Goblins, but misses.

Lingo Attack Goblin
Zeim rolled d20+3,d6+3 and got 12, 7

New map posted below. Small yellow star is the torch Lingo dropped. Bern is up, followed by the Goblins.

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 19/10/14 15:38 UTC
[[ Since Baltazar went before Bern could he pull his bow and move forward towards the light of Lingo's torch? ]]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 19/10/14 15:56 UTC
(OOC - Yes. As I said, redo Bern's turn. He can get an attack as well when he enters the cave.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 19/10/14 19:29 UTC
[[ Well that shot already missed <weg> ]]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 20/10/14 16:06 UTC
DM

Bern rushes into the cavern where Lumimorn and Lingo went to and stops where Lingo dropped his torch to fire an arrow at the Goblins, but misses. The two Goblins pull their scimitars and charge across the rock wall to attack Lumimorn, screaming a battle cry. One misses badly, but the other strikes true (Crit!) Lumimorn takes 10 points of damage.

Goblins Attack Lumimorn
Zeim rolled d20+2,d20+2 and got 5, 22

Lumimorn then Ryssa goes, and then we are back to the top of the order with Balthazar Lingo, and Bern.

Note: Ryssa may want to wait for Lumimorn's action to see if Lumimorn is still up before acting. Also, for Balthazar, the ropes Bern, Ryssa, and Lingo used to get up on top of the bridge are still there. It will take an Acrobatics check to climb, DC 10, and he can only get partway up the rope this turn. Or he can run down the hallway like Lumimorn did. If he uses the "Dash" action he can make it all the way to the room, but gets no attack.

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 20/10/14 16:56 UTC
Lingo
He drops his bow, grabs the hilt of his short sword and slashes at the goblin in front of him. The sneaky halfling uses Luminmorn to hide behind as he does so.

Zeim, I have full internet access but I'm headed out for a day-long excursion with the boys so here's my move in advance....

Lingo attack with sneak damage with shortsword
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d6+3,1d6 and got 10, 8, 4
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 20/10/14 17:06 UTC
Balthazar

Seeing all of his companions disappearing into the cavern beyond where he can not help, he takes out the light stone and races along the tunnel to find his way to them, arriving at the cavern.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 20/10/14 19:15 UTC
<Bern>

He had clearly been in too much of a hurry. He took a breath, let it out slowly and fired again.

Bern Kill #2 MikeD rolled d20+5,d8+3 and got 18, 6
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 21/10/14 00:08 UTC
Ryssa

Arrow nocked and bow at the ready, the cleric moved forward with the intention of killing a goblin, but when she saw the dragon-born take the serious wound, she ran forward and up behind Bern as close to the paladin as she could get, putting her bow and arrow away as she ran.

She thought of a paladin's ability to heal, but the wound looked so nearly mortal that she thought she had to act immediately.

[OOC: Can she reach past (or squeeze past) Bern to touch Luminmorn and cast Cure Wounds upon him?]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 21/10/14 01:43 UTC
(OOC - Remember you can always move "thru" an ally's square, you just can't stop there. So Ryssa can move thru Bern to the square directly above him, from where she is adjacent to Lumimorn. You may want to wait for Lumimorn to go first though, to see if he wants healing. He is ahead of you in the order anyway.)
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 21/10/14 01:52 UTC
[OOC: Is Lay on Hands (Paladin Heal) an action? IE instead of attacking? Oh and the goblins get to attack Luminmorn before he can do much of anything. ;)]
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 21/10/14 01:57 UTC
[OOC: That's what I was wondering about... that, if the goblins attack him before he gets to do anything and if they get another critical hit, Ryssa just might not have anything left to heal.]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 22/10/14 22:13 UTC
Pande - No. Lumimorn goes right after the Goblins (see the Initiative order). Several others have jumped their turns. I am waiting for you before I resolve Ryssa, Bern, Lingo, OR Balthazar's last action.

On your Lay-on-Hands question, Yes, it is an action.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 23/10/14 02:28 UTC
I knew that I went out of turn but didn't want to hold up the game so I pre-posted my roles. Sorry
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 23/10/14 02:31 UTC
Luminmorn

He feels the goblin's blow and the pain distracts him from striking true.

OOC 5 to hit whiff.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 23/10/14 13:44 UTC
OK - Ryssa goes. Everyone else I have your moves and I'll resolve after Ryssa's action. Ryssa has moved up to the square right above Bern, and behind the stalagmite.

BTW - It is not a problem if you go out of turn (especially if you are away), however you may end up needing to change your action and repost if the actions of the person/s in front of you have changed the situation by the time your turn actually rolls around.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 23/10/14 15:48 UTC
[[ good ta know, thanks <g> ]]

Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 24/10/14 00:34 UTC
Ryssa

The cleric moved past Bern and took up position behind the stalagmite. Holding her holy icon in her left hand, she murmured a healing prayer to Lathander, The Even-Handed as she reached out and touched the dragonborn.

Almost immediately a light blue glow appeared around Luminmorn's wound and it began to heal.

Cast Cure Wounds: 1d8+6 = 12
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 24/10/14 14:30 UTC
DM

Lumimorn, ignoring his wound, stands his ground and swings at the Goblin who struck him. However his wound may have affected his attack more than he expected as he misses badly.

A moment later, Ryssa steps up into the space beyond Bern and seeing the blood dripping down Luminorn's side, she touches him and invokes Lathander's healing touch. A brisk influx of cool healing flows from her fingers into Lumimorn, completely closing the slash in his side.

Bern draws a bead on the Goblin who hit Lumimorn and his arrow flies true, staggering the Goblin but not killing it. Lingo tries to stab it with his short sword but misses.

Finally Balthazar hustles up the corridor, appearing in the room above Ryssa.

The Goblin attack Lumimorn again, both striking at him with their swords, but the appearance of re-enforcement, and the fact they now no longer outnumber their foe, the preferred situation for Goblins to fight, both of their attacks miss.

Lumimorn now goes followed by Ryssa.

Goblins Attack Lumimorn
Zeim rolled d20+2,d20+2 and got 4, 5

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 24/10/14 15:03 UTC
Luminmorn

The large dragonborn grunts in happiness as his nearly fatal wound closed. He swings his weapon with renewed vigor.

13 to hit 5 damage
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 24/10/14 17:05 UTC
<Bern>

He has another arrow ready and lets it fly

Fire at 2 if it is still up, otherwise 3
Bern fire at whichever goblin is still up MikeD rolled d20+5,d8+5 and got 16, 6
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 24/10/14 19:04 UTC
Ryssa first, then Blathazar, then Lingo, and then Bern.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 24/10/14 20:14 UTC
Lingo
The little guy will attack the nearest goblin. It's sure to be focusing it's attention on another attacker and that just makes the halfling more lethal. He tries to stick it with his short sword.

Lingo Attack nearest living goblin with sneak dice
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d6+3,1d6 and got 23, 6, 4
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 24/10/14 21:01 UTC
DM

OK, rather than wait for Ken and Ex, since MikeD and Neptune both go before the Goblins too, and between their two actions the two Goblins both die, we can just move on.

You have killed the Goblins in this cave.

Between the Wolves and these Goblins everyone take another 75 exps! (You are halfway to 2nd level at this point.)

Note: You are all in Cave 7. There is a waterfall in the eastern wall that is the source of the stream you've been following. Both pools shown on the map are empty now. There appears to be an set of stairs leading up at the far south-east part of the room. The Goblins have nothing on them but a few bits of bone and shiny rocks. You find 3 Javelins in the room and the three scimitars the Goblins had.

What are you doing next?

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 00:39 UTC
<Bern>

"Well we can either take the steps up or the bridge. Anyone have a good idea, or should we just flip a coin?"

Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 00:56 UTC
Ryssa

"Either is all right with me," she said after looking in the two directions Bern mentioned, "but we need to rest soon."

"I have used up all my healing spells and that is the only way I can recover them."
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 01:43 UTC
<Bern>

"I know, Ryssa. We are all tired! But we need to make sure that the place is free of vermin =and= we still have to see if we can find our employer and his friends."
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 01:54 UTC
Balthazar

"Only up to a point. There is no sense all dying to save them. It was not part of our bargin with them."
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 03:52 UTC
Luminmorn

"As you have been keeping me alive. I am willing to rest."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 04:48 UTC

A word about Paladins. They are great healers in a crunch - as long as they survive. The paladin can split his lay-on-hands points as he desires. Since a person that is "down" is always at zero, a LOH for a single point gets that player up. So, if Liminmorn has 5 points to use, he can use it on 5 unconscious comrades and get them up. So the trick is for the cleric to always have a single healing left for him in case he goes down.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 14:04 UTC
<Bern>

"So ... you want to sit here and rest ... while any goblins still lurking in here can organize and set up more 'ambushes' like that water trap? I think I will pass on =that= plan. You can stay here and 'rest' if you need to. I will see what I can find."

He turns and heads up the steps at the south end of the cave. He moves with purpose until he gets a couple of steps up. Then he slows and begins moving more slowly, looking for any traps, listening for any sounds from above.

Bern search (per), listen (per) & stealth MikeD rolled d20+2,d20+2,d8+5 and got 14, 4, 13
Apparently the others are still making too much noise <chuckle>
Bern Ooops wrong die MikeD rolled d20+5 and got 15

So final results: 14, 4, 15
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 14:44 UTC
What was the d8 for? Stealth is a D20 I believe.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 15:15 UTC
Ryssa

She smiled at Luminmorn, but turned to follow the ranger. Bern's ideas made sense and she was sure he was much better acquainted with combat tactics and the like than she herself was.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 16:10 UTC
Luminmorn

He shrugged in a very human way. He went up the stairs after them. The Great Dragon would choose whether he lived or died.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 16:48 UTC
Lingo and Balthazar?
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 19:17 UTC
Lingo
The halfling will follow the dwarf to the south and is doing the stealth thing, pressing his body against the wall. He has the torch, but if he sees another source of light, he'll drop it quietly.

Lingo Stealth
Neptune rolled 1d20+7 and got 12
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 25/10/14 23:43 UTC
Balthazar

Bringing up the rear, Balthazar has his light stone in hand as he follows the Halfling, keeping one eye behind them just in case.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 26/10/14 16:54 UTC
DM

OK, several steps here. First, the party enters the room. Bern and Lingo are attempting to enter stealthily, Lingo dropping his torch near the room entrance as Balthazar is carrying one.

You see a large cave. Sacks and crates of looted provisions are piled up in the south end of this large cave. You enter from the north, up a set of stairs. To the west the cavern slopes down to the chimney leading down to the Wolf Den. The roar of falling water echoing from behind you drowns out most sounds. In the middle of the cavern, the coals of a large fire smolder.

So, now several sets of rolls......

Bugbear, Wolf, 3 Goblins Stealth
Zeim rolled d20+6,d20+4,d20+6,d20+6,d20+6 and got 26, 20, 10, 24, 11

There are several creatures hiding in this room, having been warned of your approach. You can all see movement among the crates and barrels of supplies (Goblin #1). Bern and Ryssa can detect additional movement (Goblin #3).

The enemy are all able to see Ryssa, Balthazar, and Lumimorn, who were not trying to be stealthy. None of the enemy detect Bern, and only the Wolf detects Lingo.

So, first things first. Initiative for everyone please. Do not post any actions yet as there is a somewhat complicated Surprise effect to work through in the first round, as well as how the Initiative pans out. Once we see the Initiative rolls we will go in that order. In this first round you can only target an enemy that you can see (see above for those details).

So. Initiative only please.
Bugbear, Wolf, 3 Goblins Initiative
Zeim rolled d20+2,d20+2,d20+2 and got 6, 22, 19

Attached picture cragmaw.jpg
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 26/10/14 17:16 UTC
Balthazar Initative 1d20+2 = 16. He is only partily up the stairs in case that matters.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 26/10/14 17:32 UTC
Bern Init in back cave MikeD rolled d20+5 and got 20
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 26/10/14 21:00 UTC
Ryssa Initiative Roll: 1d20+2 = 21
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 26/10/14 23:06 UTC
Luminmorn initiative d20-1=7
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 27/10/14 15:08 UTC
Need Lingo's Initiative roll.....
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 27/10/14 16:33 UTC
Here you go...

Lingo Initiative
Neptune rolled 1d20+3 and got 14
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 27/10/14 17:47 UTC
DM

OK. First, Initiative results:

Wolf - 22
Ryssa - 21
Bern - 20
Goblins - 19
Balthazar - 16
Lingo - 14
Lumimorn - 7
Bugbear - 6

So. We will go in initiative order and I'll let you each know who you can attack. First is the Wolf. It rushes around the stalagmite at the closest party member it sees, Lingo, and attacks.....

Wolf Attack Lingo w/surprise
Zeim rolled d20+4 and got 5
Wolf Attack Lingo
Zeim rolled d20+4 and got 7

..... and misses.

Next up we have Ryssa (who can only attack Goblin #1 or Goblin #3, who both have 1/2 cover from the boxes, or the Wolf who has come out of hiding).
Bern can also go (who can only attack Goblin #1 or Goblin #3, who both have 1/2 cover from the boxes, or the Wolf who has come out of hiding).

After they go the Goblins go. #2 has surprise on all of you. #1 & #3 have surprise on all but Ryssa and Bern.

(So I agree you should be able to attack the Wolf once it comes out of hiding. I think we agreed on that earlier. Edited the options above.

Neptune, I believe, is trying the option of a Party surprise roll where everyone is either surprised or not. I am trying the option of individual surprise where you are surprised/surprise specific creatures depending on each individual's roll. Comments in OOC are welcome.)

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 27/10/14 19:01 UTC
See my response in the OOC thread
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Mon 27/10/14 23:23 UTC
Ryssa

Seeing the wolf attack, but miss, Lingo, the cleric shouted, "For the Morninglord," aimed and released her arrow at the wolf.

Attack/Damage Wolf: 1d20+4, 1d6+3 = 23,9
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 28/10/14 14:48 UTC
(OOC - OK, Bern is up. None of the enemy detected him. He can see Goblin 1, 3, and the Wolf.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 28/10/14 16:26 UTC
<Bern>

The wolf charging them was a bit of a surprise. It seemed the most obvious target since it was here and attacking his friend.

Bern kill the wolf attacking Lingo MikeD rolled d20+5,d8+5 and got 14, 6
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 28/10/14 20:42 UTC
DM

Ryssa - 21
Bern - 20
Goblins - 19
Balthazar - 16
Lingo - 14
Lumimorn - 7
Bugbear - 6

Ryssa fires an arrow at the Wolf which sinks deeply into it's side, eliciting a howl of pain, which is cut off abruptly as Bern sinks his rapier into it's side.

The three Goblins stand up and hurl javelins at the group, one at Bern, one at Lumimorn, and one at Ryssa.....

Goblins 1, 2, 3 Javelin attacks, G1-Ryssa, G2-Lumimorn (w/adv), G3-Bern
Zeim rolled d20+4,d20+4,d20+4,d20+4 and got 15, 20, 18, 11

Attack on Ryssa misses, attack w/advantage on Lumimorn hits for 5 damage, attack on Bern misses.

Next up are Balthazar, Lingo, and Lumimorn. All enemies are visible except the Bugbear. Goblins have 1/2 cover. Lingo is hidden from all foes, and also can't see the Bugbear.

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 28/10/14 20:51 UTC
Lingo

The halfling will delay taking action, staying hidden until such a time that an ally engages an attacker physically and is unable to put it away. When that happens, he will fire an arrow from his bow at that enemy.

Lingo attacks wolf with sneak dice
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d6+3,1d6 and got 22, 7, 4
(yeah, he was going to attack the wolf when I rolled but he'll use it as described above.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 28/10/14 20:51 UTC
Balthazar

Balthazar is in the back and can barely see the goblins but knows the generally area. Concentrating, he casts forth a spell of sleep on the goblins in the far back of the room.

Spell affects 5d8 hit points = 27 hit points worth.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 28/10/14 21:06 UTC
(OOC - Nep - what will Lingo do if the condition you list does not occur, which it likely won't? Does killing a sleeping Goblin count?)
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 28/10/14 21:27 UTC
[ooc: It will once the bugbear comes out of hiding or is attacked. Let it go first. I'm OK going at EOR]
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 28/10/14 22:20 UTC
[OOC: It seems that our respected GM or the dice roller - or both - is determined to kill off Luminmorn. smile ]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 00:15 UTC
DM

Lingo readies his bow, watching to see if any of his allies don't kill a Goblin with their attack so he can finish it off.

Balthazar waves his hand, scattering some sand in the air and chanting some words that are hard to remember. All 3 of the Goblins drop to the ground, snoring. (BTW, as luck would have it you came within 1 point of also putting Lumimorn to Sleep).

As the Goblins drop to the ground, there is a sudden sound of scattering gravel and trash to the west that gets softer and fades away.

No enemies remain to fight. You have 3 sleeping Goblins, marked by "X", on the map.

The room is filled with supplies, boxes and crates, likely stolen from earlier travelers on the road through similar Goblin ambushes to what happened to you.

What are you doing?

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 03:32 UTC
Luminmorn

He notes the now snoring goblins and walking over he sticks the one that shot him, through the throat. The other two can be used or killed as they will. But he is down right tired of being a goblin pincushion.

Only then will he see to the arrow and its removal. "So further exploring across the bridge, or rest now?" He thinks he knows the answer to that question but he felt he had to ask it in any case.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 12:00 UTC
Ryssa

"Let me attend to that wound," the cleric said, making a tsk-tsk noise as she bandaged it quickly. It was not as bad as the others the dragonborn had suffered recently, but...

"You really need to stop getting stuck like this," she said, grinning briefly at him.

"Let's search these little beggars and then be off, I suppose."
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 12:24 UTC
Balthazar

"They are only asleep. The other two should be dispatched or questioned to see if they know where the dwarves are located."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 12:31 UTC
Lingo
He doesn't hesitate. With a dagger drawn he walks from one sleepy goblin to the next and slits their throats casually and then stops and wipes the blood from it before sheathing the blade. He then takes the torch and starts searching the place for stuff.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 15:06 UTC
[[ any chance for a perception check or two to hear and identify the sound of the escaping bugbear? ]]

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 15:28 UTC
(OOC - You briefly hear scree and trash rattling and sliding. It's up to you to decide how to interpret. You never saw anyone else in the room other than the Goblins and Wolf, who are all accounted for. You can certainly search near where the sounds came from if you like.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 19:46 UTC
<Bern>

The 'sounds' that came from the west caught his attention. There shouldn't have been any since the wolf had come from there ... unless there was something else over there. He moved over to investigate.

[[ lemme know if you want any 'rolls' to find stuff. otherwise I will 'guess' that someone/something left down the garbage shute <g> ]]
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 21:02 UTC
DM

Lingo and Lumimorn kill the sleeping Goblins. Ryssa bandages Lumimorn's Javelin wound and Bern moves across the room to the western end to investigate the sounds that came from there.

Searching around, Bern can see that there is a chute hidden behind the stalagmites. It is surrounded by piles of trash and loose rock that shows signs of having been recently disturbed. It is very easy to make the leap of logic that this is the other end of the tube in the Wolf Den below, and someone, or something, just passed through it.

Lingo and Ryssa begin searching the dead Goblins and the boxes and crates. The dead Goblins have nothing on them. Most of the boxes, barrels, bags, and crates are marked with a symbol in the image of a Blue Lion. They appear to be supplies from earlier Goblin ambushes.

Lingo and Ryssa make Perception and Insight Checks.

(OOC - Note - If Balthazar and Lumimorn are also searching, let me know and you can also make Perception and Insight Checks.)

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 21:09 UTC
Lingo Perception and Insight
Neptune rolled 1d20,1d20 and got 6, 9
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 21:41 UTC
Luminmorn

"I must thank you again. When we are done with this excursion, I will have to make a tithe to your patron." He makes no mention of having to say a prayer or two to his own god.

Seeing the others search, he will join them.

Natural 20 on Perception, 14 on Insight.
Luminmorn Perception, Insight Pandemonium rolled d20,d20+2 and got 20, 14
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 23:25 UTC
Ryssa

She smiled at Luminmorn and nodded.

"No need to thank me, but I appreciate it nonetheless."

Perception/Insight Rolls: 1d20,1d20 = 10,3
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 29/10/14 23:54 UTC
Ex - Your roll is incorrect. I am going to post the correct method of determining a skill roll in the OOC thread. You have a MUCH better Perception and Insight roll than you made.

Also, just need a post from Ken, with Skill checks if he is searching, to move along.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 00:12 UTC
Balthazar

Seeing the others searching around, Balthazar stays put and keeps an eye out for any trouble heading for them from the areas that he can see.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 00:23 UTC
DM

Searching thru the crates and barrels most of you find typical trade goods. Bolts of leather. Mining equipment. Tarps. Rope. Raw materials and such. Most marked with the Blue Lion symbol.

It occurs to Lumimorn that while your group has little use for this stuff, the original owner of the supplies might be quite willing, and eager, to have them back. And as they were taken by the Goblins on the road to and from the town of Phandalin, it is possible the owner is in Phandalin or someone there knows who that is. And, you happen to have a wagon just a few miles away.......

As Lumimorn is ruminating on this idea, his foot kicks a tarp off to one side and a small chest is revealed, tucked away in one corner. It is clear this is not part of the supplies and likely belonged to the occupants of this room.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 01:00 UTC
<Bern>

After his search of the area, he stood and reported to the others. "It looks like at least one got away."

Returning to the others, he continues. "This is a better place to rest ... more easily defended with only one real entrance and what appears to be an escape route back down to where we found the wolves", he said indicating the 'hole' in the corner of the west.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 03:32 UTC
Lingo

"The ones that get away are the ones that get you into trouble," he stated dryly as he continued to rummage through things.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 15:00 UTC
<Bern>

"Agreed. That is why I am going after it", he told Lingo. "I am still in pretty good shape. But for those that are not up for it, this is a good place to rest, easy to defend. Anyone feel strong enough to come along", he asked the others.

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 16:10 UTC
Luminmorn

The dragonborn gets his companions attention and says "chest here. And I can help hunt. Then we can rest." He considers using his heal but doesn't yet.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 18:51 UTC
Ryssa

"I am fit enough to accompany you," she said to the ranger. "I can fight... I just cannot cast healing magicks until after a long rest."
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 19:36 UTC
DM

OK. It's been about 5 minutes of searching, bandaging, and talking since the battle ended.

You have a bunch of crates and barrels and a small chest. Are you looking to open the chest before you go anywhere?
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 19:36 UTC
Lingo

"I'm fit too, but my legs are short. I'll see if I can open the chest. You all can go. I'll be OK here. We killed all the goblins. Just come back for me...and leave a torch!"
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 19:47 UTC
`Balthazar

He tosses the light stone over to the Halfling, picking up another stone and casting light on it to provide illumination.

"I can cast one spell of the first power but I am fine to use my cantrips."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 20:32 UTC
Lingo

"Thanks. Now go! We can't let whatever that was get away!"
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 21:10 UTC
<Bern>

"Just be careful Lingo. All the goblins up here now might be dead, but something ran away, so something ... or several somethings are still wandering about."

Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 22:15 UTC
Ryssa

She paused and turned to look at the Halfling, frowning her concern. It was one thing to split the group 2 to 3, but 4 to 1? It worried her to leave Lingo alone.

"Yes, you be careful, Lingo. And make sure you check that chest for traps."

She clasped her holy icon and murmured a brief prayer that Lathander would watch out for their diminutive companion, then pulled her expended arrow from the corpse of the wolf and nocked it to the string of her short bow.

She followed the others, thinking it would be a shame to waste such a lucky arrow.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 30/10/14 23:46 UTC
GM

Just a reminder that there is at least 1/3 of the cavern unexplored, so the statements about "all the Goblins are dead" are being made prematurely. All the Goblins in this room are dead, but that's about all you can say.

Now, how are you getting down? Going back around the long way thru room 7 or trying to climb down the steep chute filled with loose rock and trash to room 3?

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 03:48 UTC
Luminmorn

"I can stay with the halfling. Better to not split up completely. "
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 10:40 UTC
Lingo

"Luminmorn, How good are you at hiding? I'll be safer without your intimidating form standing guard. Nobody's gonna attack what they can't see. If I get into trouble, I'll slide down that secret exit we just found."
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 16:56 UTC
[[ exactly the point I was making in my post, Zeim <wink> ]]

<Bern>

He nods his thanks to Luminmorn.

"Well if Luminmorn stays, Lingo, that will make it easy for you to hide and surprise anyone that decides to come up for a visit."

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 16:58 UTC
Balthazar

"Okay, don't dwaddle long. We are going to go back through the water room back there and take the bridge." he said to them, turning and moving back the way that they had come.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 17:16 UTC
<Bern>

With a nod, he headed back out the way they came toward what passed for a 'bridge'.

"One at a time", he cautioned as he moved carefully across, looking for 'rotten' boards and frayed ropes.

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 17:43 UTC
(OOC - So you are not following the fleeing creatures tracks? You are going to explore the rest of the cave? Just trying to get an idea of plans.)
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 17:45 UTC
OOC: Balthazar sure isn't. If I was the bugbear I would be sitting at the bottom of the chute with my weapon ready to kill us one at a time as he slowly made our way down. Besides, Balthazar isn't strong. He would just end up falling down the chute lol
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 18:05 UTC
Lingo

"He's probably far away by now. You all talk too much and don't do anything."

With that the halfling turns his attention to the chest. After rummaging in his backpack for a moment he retrieves a set of tools he has in a small black pouch. In there he has a small file, a set of picks, a small mirror mounted on a metal handle, a set of narrow-bladed scissors, and a pair of pliers. He checks for traps and if there's one he'll see if it's locked and if it is, he uses the tools to pick the lock.

Lingo Find traps (perception) on chest
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 13

Lingo Remove trap if he finds one
Neptune rolled 1d20+7 and got 19

Lingo Open chest if locked
Neptune rolled 1d20+7 and got 15

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 18:09 UTC
(OOC - Yes, but you know where the chute comes out so you could go around through the stream and back to room 3 the long way. Crossing the bridge heads you into new and unexplored areas. I think Lingo's commentary about not being able to keep up with a pursuit assumed you were going to be running full speed to catch up to the foe (and you don't actually know it's a Bugbear, except thru lurking in the other thread. wink ), so if you are instead going to continue exploring I think some people need to double-check their actions. IOW I don't see why everyone wouldn't go together, pending Lingo opening the chest.

For the sake of moving things along, were you to get down to cavern 3 Bern would find signs of someone entering the cave from the chute and then fleeing out the main entrance back to the woods outside. The foe has a decent head start by this time (i.e. you can't catch him).

Also for the sake of a DM note to players, you cannot take a Long Rest here. A Long Rest presume 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. No matter where you choose to rest, and no matter how defensible that spot is, you will be disturbed before 8 hours passes, by occupants of this complex moving around and checking on their companions.

You can try a short rest (1 hour), but even that is a little risky (i.e. a DM roll to see if anyone comes by). I recommend you complete your searching here, open the chest, and then proceed as Bern planned, i.e. across the bridge, together........., cross posted with Lingo, but no issues. Will add the chest opening resolution here in a minute........)

DM

Lingo finds no traps on the chest, and with precise movements of his tools the latch pops open. Inside you see a small pile of coins and two stoppered bottles.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 19:15 UTC
Lingo

"Lookey here! All kinds of stuff and these two things. What do you think they are? Some kind of drink?"

He holds up the two bottles.

"Let's split the loot and get going."
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 19:56 UTC
(OOC - Not that you want to take the time to count, unless you do decide to take a Short Rest, but there are two bottles of unidentified liquid, 600 copper pieces, and 110 silver pieces. Divided by 5 = 120cp & 22 sp each).
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 20:20 UTC
[[ ooops .. my bad, I was thinking the bridge took us back down. Sorry. Yes Bern is headed back to the 'wolf' room to see if he can find the straggler ... or pick up it's trail. And we know ... out of character ... that it is a bugbear because you mentioned it <weg> ]]

<Bern>

"I can see how that is unfair to you, Lingo. So, tell you what, we will let you take out the next group of bandits we come upon", he said with an evil grin.

After determining that the creature ... probably not a goblin based on the tracks ... had left the area, there was just one task left to accomplish.

"We still have more of this cave to clean out."

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 20:31 UTC
(OOC - Anyone doing anything with the bottles?)
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 20:32 UTC
Balthazar

"I will take the bottles for now. They might well be potions of some type." he said, opening his belt pouch to put them in.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 20:55 UTC
DM

OK, there are only two ways to go. The "high" road, across the 20' high bridge towards area 5 or the "low" road, across the stream from the Wolf Den (area 3) and up the loose gravel towards area 4.

Which way?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 21:53 UTC
(OOC: Luminmorn suggests the high road.)
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 22:28 UTC
Lingo

Before handing over the flasks of liquid, the halfling unstoppers one and takes a tiny sip. He squints and contorts his face as swishes the liquid around in his mouth. Then his eyebrows rise as he figures out what it was.

He repeats the act with the second bottle.

"Now you can have them," he says to Balthazar as he hands them over.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 31/10/14 22:57 UTC
[[ so I guess no one bothered read my last post <sigh> So I guess I will just go along with what ever the group suggests :-/ ]]

Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 01/11/14 00:42 UTC
[OOC: I read your last post and am willing to take Ryssa either way as she has stated repeatedly that she is no tactician. Also, I didn't expect us to be able to take an uninterrupted long rest here... just roleplaying the cleric's concerns. smile ]
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 01/11/14 14:43 UTC
[[ that was mostly for Zeim & pande, Ex. They seem to have ignored my attempt to take Ziem up on the offer of a 'short cut' <chuckle> ]]

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 01/11/14 16:18 UTC
(OOC: Hmm. I am totally missing whatever you are trying to say. Went back and reread. Looks like nothing in the wolf cave. So it was decided to move on. Two ways to go I picked one. Personally whatever works. Just thought the bridge was easier than scrambling up the other way.)
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 01/11/14 17:44 UTC
DM

(Hearing no objections....)

The party pockets the coins and after Lingo samples the bottles Balthazar put them into his pouch to carry.

The party choose to cross the bridge, after retrieving the rope you used to climb (I presume?).

(OOC - Everyone takes 100 more Exps for those last encounters. You should all be at 250 exps.)

You cross the rickety bridge safely and continue down the corridor. It curves to the south as it heads west until it opens into a large cave.

This cave is divided in half by a ten-foot high escarpment. A steep natural staircase leads from the lower portion to the upper ledge. The air is hazy with the smoke of a cooking fire, and pungent from the smell of poorly cured hides and unwashed Goblins.

The lower portion of the cave holds 7 Goblins who are tending the cooking fire in the northern end and lounging across the cave. In the upper end of the cave you can see a single tied up humanoid lying right next to the edge of the ledge.

The area near Bern that heads back east is the other end of corridor 4, also filled with loose gravel.

Note: As you were not using Stealth and the Goblins were somewhat alert there is no surprise. Everyone roll initiative. Hold actions until we determine who goes first please.

(OOC - Also note that the reason I am blocking out areas of the map, including areas you've already been, is to make the file size stay below 200kb so the map doesn't end up being an attachment.)

Goblins, Yeemik Initiative
Zeim rolled d20+2,d20+2 and got 15, 13

Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 01/11/14 18:44 UTC
Luminmorn initiative 12
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 01/11/14 22:00 UTC
[[ Sorry Pande ... I sort of misremembered what I thought I had written <sigh> Too much going on IRL ... gotta slow down a bit and make sure I am on the track :-/ ]]

Bern init rm 6 MikeD rolled d20+5 and got 7

Apparently he was still thinking about the loose gravel <sigh>
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 01/11/14 22:06 UTC
(OOC - MikeD - I actually think your Initiative modifier is +3, not +5, which would make the roll a 5.)
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 02/11/14 00:12 UTC
[[ Damn, I thought Init got Prof bonus as well as dex ... not that I think it will matter in this instance <weg> I just gotta get a group playing here!!! <sigh> ]]
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 02/11/14 00:51 UTC
Balthazar

Initative = 18
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 02/11/14 01:38 UTC
Ryssa

1d20+2 = 20
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 02/11/14 17:02 UTC
MikeD - I don't think so. If you're trained in Dex I don't think the +2 Prof Bonus carries over to your Initiative roll. If someone sees it does in the rules let me know.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 02/11/14 22:13 UTC
[[ I'll try to look it up Mon or Tues ... last week or so ... through today ... has been brutal <sigh> Should be lessening starting tomorrow, but still a bit busy through most of the month :-/

In the mean time, I doubt that the +2 will matter one way or the other, so lets not worry about it and keep going <g> ]]
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sun 02/11/14 22:49 UTC
Lingo

Staying to the side and behind the bigger people, Lingo will try and stay hidden as they proceed. The biggins are gonna make a lot of noise. Maybe the bad guys will pay attention to them first.

Lingo stealth,initiative
Neptune rolled 1d20+7,1d20+3 and got 18, 13
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 04/11/14 01:31 UTC
DM

Initiative:

Ryssa 20
Balthazar 18
Goblins 15
Lingo 13
Yeemik 13
Lumimorn 12
Bern 5

OK, Ryssa and Balthazar go first. If you wish to use melee weapons you will need to move up into the room. There is plenty of space as you can move thru your allies squares. If you want to use missile/spells you need Line of Sight (LOS). Balthazar has LOS from where he is to Goblin #6 or #7 only. Ryssa has no LOS from where she is now. She would need to move up to G4. From there she could target any Goblin except for #1.

So, Ryssa and Balthazar only, then the Goblins.

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 04/11/14 01:48 UTC
Balthazar

The young wizard could only see two of the goblins but from the sound of it there were a lot more. Unfortunately he had already used his sleep spell so he cast a firebolt at the first goblin he can see.

Firebolt 1d20+5 to hit, 1d10 damage = 24,5
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 04/11/14 23:39 UTC
Ryssa

Ryssa moved up past Lingo to where she could see several goblins and shot an arrow at the nearest one.

Attack/Damage G7: 1d20+4,1d6+3 = 8,7
Sheesh, I hate this dice roller...

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 05/11/14 17:22 UTC
DM

Initiative:

Ryssa 20
Balthazar 18
Goblins 15
Lingo 13
Yeemik 13
Lumimorn 12
Bern 5

Balthazar casts a Firebolt at Goblin #7, hitting him but not dropping him. Ryssa then moves up into an open space near Bern where she can see and shoots an arrow at the same Goblin, but misses.

The Goblins move up to fight, some drawing swords and others using Javelins. Goblin #1 (changed letter to Y for Yeemik), turns and runs up the stairs to the upper level and for the moment is out of view. Goblins 6 and 7 move up to fight with Bern using their scimitars while Goblins 2, 3, 4 and 5 position themselves where they can fire at the party.

Goblins 2, 3, 4 and 5 choose targets Be,R,Ba,Lu
Zeim rolled d4,d4,d4,d4 and got 3, 1, 4, 4 (Note: Lingo is hidden and unseen)

Goblin Attacks
Zeim rolled d20+4,d20+4,d20+4,d20+4,d20+4,d20+4 and got (Goblin 2 on Balthazar 23), (Goblin 3 on Bern 21), (Goblin 4 on Lumimorn 9), (Goblin 5 on Lumimorn 7), (Goblin 6 on Bern 8), (Goblin 7 on Bern 16)

Damage - Balthazar 1 hit = 4
Bern 2 hits = 8

Lingo, Lumimorn, and Bern go. Note that there is space for one other HTH fighter to move up to square F5 if wanted.

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 05/11/14 18:47 UTC
Lingo
Lingo Attack #7 with his bow, advantage and sneak dice
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+3,1d6 and got 18, 14, 9, 3

Oh, and he moves away 5 squares (2 right of Luminmorn - I guess it's J1) so that he's out of line-of-fire. He'll come back next round to attack.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 05/11/14 19:02 UTC
Luminmorn

He hated to be selfish but the big dragonborn called upon the power of The Great Wyrm. Laying his hands upon his breast, they suffused with glowing light as his wounds healed. Rejuvenated he strode forward pulling his great axe to do battle.

Lay on Hands, heal 5 points. Move to F5. Yes I know tactically it would be better to wait a turn to move, but this might prevent someone else from taking a small sword to the noggin.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 05/11/14 21:19 UTC
Is that H5 (which is down the side corridor past Ryssa and away from the battle) or F5, which is the space right next to Bern up front?
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 05/11/14 21:26 UTC
<Bern>

Damn, that hurt, he thought. Another one like that and he would be down. Lingo seemed to have settled the first one [[ #7 ]], so he was going to take out the other.

Bern Rapier on #6 MikeD rolled d20+5,d8+5 and got 18, 13
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 05/11/14 23:01 UTC
(OOC: Typo. Meant F5 up front as a meat shield, his secondary job. Edited my post to correct. )
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 06/11/14 00:26 UTC
DM

Initiative:

Ryssa 20
Balthazar 18
Goblins 15
Yeemik 13
Lingo 13
Lumimorn 12
Bern 5

Lingo steps out from behind Bern and fires his bow at Goblin 7. The Goblin never saw the attack coming and the arrow takes it right in the throat. It drops to the ground with a wet gurgling sound. Lingo then retreats back down the hallway, out of view of the combatants.

Lumimorn calls on the power of his divine gift and the remaining wounds he took in the prior battle close, the flesh becoming clean and unmarked. He then steps up next to Bern, great-sword drawn and ready.

Bern grimaces at the hits he took from two different attackers, but maintains his position and swings across his body at the other Goblin in the front rank. His rapier takes it in the chest and it too cries out and falls to the ground, dead.

We are back to the top of the order. Ryssa then Balthazar and then the Goblins.

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 06/11/14 01:27 UTC
Balthazar

He will line up a shot at the next goblin that he can see. If needed, he will wait for one to move forward to engage their fighters.

Firebolt. 1d20+5,1d10 = 13,3
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 06/11/14 01:57 UTC
Ryssa

Ryssa murmured a quick prayer to Lathander the Even-handed and, leaning slightly to the left, aimed and shot past the dragonborn at the goblin farthest to her left. This time she was rewarded with a hit.

Attack Goblin Y: 1d20+4,1d6+3 = 20,4

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 06/11/14 15:32 UTC
(OOC - You can't see Goblin Y. He is up on the ledge, behind a stalagmite, and also around a corner of solid rock. You also can't see the prisoner from where you are either, by the way. You can give me a different target, or I'll pick one of 2-5 for you.)
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 06/11/14 20:56 UTC
DM

Balthazar fires another Firebolt, again striking true and wounding Goblin #3. Ryssa takes aim and fires between Lumimorn and Bern at the same Goblin wounded by Balthazar. The arrow takes him in the left eye and he collapses.

The remaining Goblins, nervous now as half their number have fallen, draw aim and fire in return. Two of them attack Ryssa and the other one attacks Lumimorn. Arrows go whizzing by, but none of them hit their targets.

Goblins Choose Targets - Lu, Be, R, Ba
Zeim rolled d4,d4,d4 and got 3, 3, 1

Goblins Attack
Zeim rolled d20+4,d20+4,d20+4 and got 11, 15, 9

At this moment, from up on the ledge, there is a loud shout: "Truce, or this human dies!"

The Goblin who is up on top of the ledge, who you can now see is a bit larger than the rest, has grabbed the bound human by the scruff of his neck and dragged him to the edge of the ledge. In this position, everyone can now see him (except Lingo who is out of view, although Lingo heard the shout too.).

He has the human by the back of his neck, teetering precariously on the edge of the ledge. A 10 foot drop right in front of him. It is clear that all he has to do is let go, and the human will plummet over the edge. The human you now recognize as Sildar Hallwinter. The traveling companion of your dwarven employer. He appears battered and beaten and barely conscious (i.e. 1 hp). He blearily looks at you from swollen eyes.

The Goblins in the room partially lower their bows, waiting to see if you will agree to a truce.

(Note: We are going to pause in the initiative order here if you wish to talk with the Goblin. If combat resumes, we will start with where we left off, Lingo, Lumimorn, and Bern. The large Goblin, Yeemik, used his action to drag Sildar to the edge of the ledge.)

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 06/11/14 22:37 UTC
Lingo

The prisoner means nothing to Lingo. They're not friends. Anyway, as far as Lingo knows, goblins are liars and are completely untrustworthy. There's no negotiating with kidnappers and terrorists. And if Sildar falls, there are healers in the party. They'll tend to the poor slob if he survives the ordeal. The objective for him hasn't changed. The goblin needs to die.

So Lingo emerges from behind the wall and takes careful aim with his bow and let flies at the big, bad goblin that is holding the prisoner. The arrow whizzes through the air and strikes the goblin smack in the chest.

He then moves back around the corner to not get targeted by a return attack.

Lingo Attacks Yeemik with advantage, sneak dam
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+3,1d6 and got 24, 6, 9, 4
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 00:19 UTC
DM

OK, so much for negotiation. Lingo steps out from hiding and kills the big Goblin, then steps back into hiding again. As the Goblin dies he releases the human, who topples off the cliff and lands on the jagged rocks below taking enough damage to put him at zero (he will start making death saves at the end of the round). The remaining Goblins become alert again and ready to fight. Lumimorn and then Bern go.

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 00:54 UTC
ooc: I have to apologize to Zeim. This was too in-character for Lingo for him to act in any other manner.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 01:22 UTC
[OOC: Zeim, that's fine. I should have remembered that Y was out of sight above.]
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 02:42 UTC
Luminmorn

He steps forward and swings at one of the goblins.

Move to E6 if that is a valid square, if not, D5 is fine. I didn't pick a goblin to attack because not sure which square Luminmorn will be in.
23 to hit, 7 for damage
Pandemonium rolled d20+5,d12+3 and got 23, 7
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 04:47 UTC
<Bern>

He is quite happy to finish off the vermin.

Move in to D5 (or c4 if Lum ended up in D5)
Bern Attack #5 MikeD rolled d20+5,d8+5 and got 24, 12

[[ Don't feel bad Nep. If you hadn't continued the extermination, then I would have <weg> ]]
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 18:14 UTC
I didn't feel that bad weg
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 19:25 UTC
DM

Between Lingo, Lumimorn, and Bern all of the Goblins drop. The chamber is filled with lice infested straw bedding of the Goblins, a cooking fire with a large stew pot hanging over it and steam coming from under it's lid.

There is the natural stone stairway to the upper ledge, but you can't see what is up there from down below.

There are the bodies of 7 Goblins and the unconscious body of Sildar Hallwinter collapsed on the rocks at the base of the ledge.

Sildar Hallwinter Death Save #1
Zeim rolled d20 and got 2. First failed save.

Actions?

Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 21:01 UTC
<Bern>

When the last of the vermin fell, he took a second to look around. It seemed as though the were done with the immediate threat. "Can anyone help Hallwinter", he asked as he headed to the upper level to make sure there wasn't anyone else or anything up there.

Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 22:56 UTC
Balthazar

He had no healing magic so the best that he could do is search the room for any sign of their employer.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 07/11/14 23:05 UTC
(OOC - Note that every one of you has a rated Skill in Medicine. You do not need to be Proficient in it to use it. I understand you're really waiting on Ryssa to use a healing spell or Lumimorn to use Lay-on-hands (although I think he used them up for today), but there is no penalty for failing in an attempt to use Medicine. A success stabilizes the subject and no more Death Saves are needed, although they are still unconscious. If you have a Healer's Kit, you can automatically stabilize a dying person without needing to make a Medicine Skill check with one use of the kit, which comes with 10 uses. However because of the way this all works the Healer's Kit should really be an emergency back-up for when everyone fails a Medicine Skill check.

Reason I am re-enforcing this is two pcs just effectively said they couldn't do anything to help a dying NPC so went to do something else. Both of those pcs have the ability to save this dying person's life and just walked past him and let him continue to die. If that's in your pc's personality, no problem. But I didn't want it to be due to misunderstanding of how Healing works.)
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 08/11/14 00:26 UTC
Ryssa

Ryssa rushed forward and kneeled beside the badly wounded Halliwinter. The cleric had no healing spells available at the moment, but she was trained in the medical arts and she did her best to save the dying man.

After a moment, the man's breathing became more regular and Ryssa murmured a prayer of thanks to the Morninglord.

Medicine Check: 1d20+5 = 18

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 08/11/14 00:57 UTC
Just need actions from Lingo and Lumimorn.
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 08/11/14 02:50 UTC
Lingo

He moved over to Ryssa and asked the cleric, "Do you think he'll live? We can give him a taste of those potions we found in that hairy bugbear's lair, if you don't."

It would be a shame if he died and couldn't tell us what happened, he thought.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 08/11/14 17:02 UTC
Ryssa

"Unless something happens to injure him further, I think he has a good chance," she said to Lingo after a moment's consideration.

"Were you able to determine the nature of the potions?"
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 08/11/14 18:18 UTC
Luminmorn

The large dragonborn looks about for a new threat. He moves towards the back of the cave to stand guard.

(OOC: Did we see a goblin run out? If so that is where he will guard. )
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 08/11/14 18:36 UTC
Balthazar

"Let me have a look at them. I might be able to determine what they are by smell."
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 08/11/14 19:06 UTC
Lingo
"Oh. Yeah, they're healing potions," he said in a matter of fact sort of way. "Like I said, we could give him one."
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Sat 08/11/14 19:23 UTC
DM

You may not recall, but Lingo tasted them when they were found before Balthazar put them away in his pouch. He is correct. They are two Potions of Healing.

Searching the cave (none of the Goblins escaped, btw) reveals a larger pallet area on the upper level, clearly where the larger Goblin, likely their leader, slept.

You find a disgusting smelling stew boiling in the pot over the fire. Thankfully, among the pieces of flesh floating in it you don't see any signs of dwarf.

The Goblins themselves have nothing on them but trinkets. However the large one who tried to bargain with you has a belt pouch on him that contains 3 Gold teeth worth 1 GP each as well as 15 Silver pieces. That equates to 45 Silver pieces which is 9 Silver pieces each. Add that to what you found before.

You find no signs of Gundren and you find none of Gundren's or Sildar's equipment in the cave.

Main question I need to know is whether you give Sildar a healing potion or if you choose to just rest until he wakes up, and if so where.

Experience Points: You gain enough Experience Points to give each of you a total of 350. Enough to put you now at 2nd level. Everyone please update their pc sheets with their new HPs (you can use the die roller or you can take the average for your class rounded up plus your Con bonus (ex - if you use a d10 for hps the average rounded up is 6 (1+10=11/2=5.5 rounded up to 6), then add your Con bonus to that), and also add any new powers, spells, or abilities you gain on your sheet in the Gallery.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 11/11/14 00:54 UTC
(OOC - OK. So what are you doing with Sildar? Giving him a potion or resting? You can chat about it while you're working on leveling up your pcs.)
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 11/11/14 01:21 UTC
[OOC: I somehow missed the DM post you made Saturday and didn't see anything until today's OOC post. I'll try to get Ryssa leveled up soon as I can.]
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 11/11/14 02:12 UTC
[[ I think we could =all= use a rest <g> we can talk about 'what's next' during that <wink> ]]
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Tue 11/11/14 07:00 UTC
[OOC: Rest works for Luminmorn. I too missed the note, will try and update in the next couple of days.]
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 12/11/14 16:46 UTC
OOC: Balthazar is updated except for the money.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Wed 12/11/14 17:49 UTC
If you'd do me a favour and figure out the share each pc gets, then you can update that on your sheet too?
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 00:58 UTC
I think I've also got my character leveled up except for the money... and we can work on that.
Posted By: Exeter Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 01:15 UTC
Total money acquired in this thread (per character)... I think:

120cp + 31sp which would, I think, equal 4.3gp

That's all I saw in this thread. Of course, we also picked up the two potions.

Did we pick up any money in the ambush thread?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 02:41 UTC
Updated HP on Luminmorn. Don't have my PHB handy, so can't update any stuff for level 2 for Paladin. Either someone can help me out by looking it up, or I can do it next week when I have access to my book again.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 14:35 UTC
At 2nd lvl Paladin gets:

Fighting Style (pick 1):
Defense - +1 AC while wearing armor
Dueling - +2 to Dmg w/ 1 hand wpn, off hand empty
Great Wpn Fighting - re-roll dmg 1 0r 2 w/ '2 hand' or 'versatile' wpn 2 handed
Protection - impose 'disadv' to attack vs target w/in 5' as reaction.

Spell Casting (2 1st lvl spell slots)

Divine Smite - xpend spell slot - dam becomes 'radient' +2d8 (+1d8/spell slot over 1) xtra dam.

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 15:42 UTC
I still have to update some of Lingo's skills.

Swapped his Charisma for Wisdom.
He gains 6 HPs.
He gains Cunning Action - use a bonus action to hide, disengage or dash.
Got rid of the shield.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 16:15 UTC
The only thing I don't see is if you get any additional points to put into skills when you go up a level?
Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 16:28 UTC
Nope. You don't ever. What increases, at certain levels, is your proficiency bonus or your base stat increases and with it your modifier. I have to update my skills because my +2 to charisma became 0 and my 0 for wisdom bonus became +2 and I'm probably changing which skills Lingo is proficient in.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 16:34 UTC
Okay, thanks. I thought perhaps I had just missed it or something.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 16:52 UTC
It seems like one of the 'goals' of the new version is to 'tone down' characters as they advance ... hopefully moving away from the 'rampant munchkinism' that had become a problem is v3 & v4. There are parts of that I liked ... I especially like the skill system of 3 since it allowed you to really individualize your character, for example ... but I understand the desire to tone that down some <g>

Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 18:46 UTC
Exeter is correct on the money. What he listed is what each pc gets.

Please make sure you update the pc sheets in the Gallery for 2nd level.

Also, Ken, I noted you had a Power that you get whenever you cast a 1st level spell. I don't recall your ever mentioning it during a melee?
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 18:57 UTC
Thanks Mike.

As far as Spell Slots, do Paladins have to pick spells, IE two Cure Lights or some such? Or is it determined on the fly?

Other than spells, Luminmorn's sheet is updated, HP, Fighting Style - picked defense, Smite etc...

Did we choose to rest? IE get Spells/Lay on Hands back? Or just leveling because of the down time.
Posted By: Zeim Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 19:18 UTC
Paladins get to choose from the whole list of whatever spell level they have access to, but they must memorize specific spells.

Note that memorization is a bit different, in that once you pick your memorized list you can cast any combination of spells from that list and don't have to cast every one on it once.

Example, you memorize Cure Wounds and Sacred Flame with your two 1st level spell slots (don't have the books with me so am guessing at the spells names, but assume they are both 1st level spells).

That means you can cast Cure Wounds once and Sacred Flame once, or Cure Wounds twice and no Sacred Flame or Sacred Flame twice and no Cure Wounds.

Also note the Paladin special power where he can sacrifice a spell slot in order to do extra Radiant damage on an attack.

As for the last question, you chose to rest. I will start the next game thread to account for that and the time that passes. I am assuming a short rest (1 hour or so. After all you have oxen and wagons you need to get back to). That means you can expend any healing dice you have left (and everyone should have at least 1 healing die now since you all just gained a level), and anyone who regains powers after a short rest can get them back. If you gained any new powers, such as spells, we will assume you now have them available. Also Sildar has a chance of waking up.

You also need to decide if you want to load the goods you found in the cave onto your wagon and take them with you either to sell or to try to find the owner.

I am not rushing in order to let the other game catch up a bit.
Posted By: KenSeg Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 19:54 UTC
Zeim

That is a second level ability where we chose our arcane tradition so Balthazar just got access to that now, not during the previous battles.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 20:52 UTC
pande -

Bless, Command, Compelled Duel, Cure Wounds, Det Good/Evil, Det Mag, Det Poison/Disease, Divine Favor, Heroism, Pro Good/Evil, Purify Food/Drink, Searing Smite, Shield of Faith, Thunderous Smite, Wrathful Strike
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Thu 13/11/14 23:41 UTC
Hmm, may choose to swap them when I read what they all are. But to start, Cure Wounds and Wrathful Strike sound like a good pair. smile

Thanks again Mike.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 14/11/14 01:25 UTC
no worries, glad to help <g>

Posted By: Neptune Re: Z-1.2.2 Cragmaw Hideout Kennel - Fri 14/11/14 19:42 UTC
OK. PC up-to-date.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post