DreamLyrics Message Gaming™

Moderator Chat

Posted By: Gypsy

Moderator Chat - Tue 03/09/02 17:03 UTC

[A place for Yahtzee moderators to post requests/questions/issues.]

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 23/01/05 15:55 UTC

In order to keep a pace with yahtzee for those who want to play regularly, I propose that the moderator of a game be allowed to roll for any player that has not posted their roll within 1 week of the last posted scores.

If we do not adopt this sort of approach then games run at the pace of the single slow player, rather than at the pace of the other 5 players.

Obviously, players can post ahead if they know they will be away.

What does everyone think?
Posted By: Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 25/01/05 20:50 UTC

Works for me.

Weez
Posted By: Argus

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 27/01/05 17:10 UTC

Does that mean if I start sending out private messages three or four days after the last posted scores, I don't need to feel like I'm being impatient?

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 28/01/05 00:08 UTC

No, I don't think so, Argus.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 28/01/05 16:53 UTC

I do that for all games.. not just mine! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 08/09/05 02:00 UTC

Something that I've mentioned before and felt was worth mentioning again in light of the game 139 results:

In a standard game, any score above 351 points includes at least one Yahtzee bonus. And any score above 457 points includes at least two Yahtzee bonuses.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 28/05/06 13:36 UTC

Could someone verify my turn in game 147?

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 30/05/06 19:13 UTC

Done.

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 29/06/06 16:50 UTC

Won't be back here until Sunday, sorry!

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 17/07/06 16:04 UTC

Games seem to have stalled, some of which might be my fault! grin So I'll do what I can to kick start all of them. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 17/07/06 17:24 UTC

I figured most people were on a Yahtzee free vacation. smile

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 24/08/06 17:13 UTC

I wrote an explanation of scoring for multiple yahtzee's for Blaze in Game 145. Rather than just delete it, I copied it to a new topic and made it a sticky, just in case anyone needs to be pointed to it in future. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 23/10/06 19:25 UTC

I'll need someone to check my rolls in game 161.

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 23/10/06 19:55 UTC

Done the first one but I'm away now. smile See you next week.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 24/10/06 22:22 UTC

Thanks Gypsy. I also need someone to check my rolls in game 153 while Gypsy is gone.

Weez
Posted By: Kit

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 21/11/06 20:56 UTC

Hi, guys . .

Just to let you know that after Game 158, I plan not to moderate any new games of Yahtzee nor will I be playing any. sad As evidenced by the number of mistakes and the time between turns, that all of the other things going on in my life is keeping me from really giving enough time and effort to keeping things running.

Its been a blast.

--Kit

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 21/11/06 21:29 UTC

<sniff sniff>

Well, I hope things in your life adjust some time soon to allow you to get back to playing. You'll be missed. sad

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 03/12/06 19:17 UTC

Sad to see you go Kit. Maybe the New Year will allow you back later on. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 03/12/06 19:18 UTC

Weez, many thanks for keeping my game going, very grateful! smile

I've caught up Twi's rolls in my game if you could check them out? Thanks! I will also catch Twi's rolls up in the other games too. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 26/01/07 14:05 UTC

Weez, you posted a turn in Game 164. Trouble is you're not in that game. grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 26/01/07 17:26 UTC

Sure glad I didn't get that Yahtzee! All gone now.

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 06/03/07 13:50 UTC

Weez, rolled my 164 turn 11 in dice roller 165 by mistake. Would you verify & clear for me please? Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 06/03/07 21:00 UTC

Got it!

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 21/03/07 06:38 UTC

I was wondering why the score sheet at the start of the thread for game 164 wasn't updated with the last turn's scores for most players.

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 21/03/07 13:28 UTC

Cause I forgot! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 18/12/07 20:22 UTC

Weez, could you clear Gypsy & Blaze turns 38 & 39 in Game 168 please? smile Thanks!

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 21/12/07 00:22 UTC

I'll try to get to it this evening, Gypsy. Sorry, things have been a hectic and I haven't been able to get on long enough to catch up on Yahtzee. Hopefully tonight while I do my traditional baking!

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 22/12/07 12:05 UTC

No worries Weez! I knopw this time of year is busy! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 09/01/08 19:43 UTC

Emailed Alduin with a friendly nudge! smile
Posted By: Alduin

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 11/01/08 21:01 UTC

Apologies for that - things were busier over the holidays than I expected - and then I came home only to have my HD crash in my computer.

I've been spending most of my time the past week just trying to restore/recover/reload things.

Hopefully I can be a little more predictable now (but with me - who knows) smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 04/02/08 18:50 UTC

Know I need to catch up, please be patient until tomorrow, thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 25/02/08 20:49 UTC

Sorry folks. Had computer issues and all sorts of things happening lately. I'm hoping that things will be on a more even keel from now on.

Apologies.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 13/04/08 13:53 UTC

Emailed Alduin to see if he is OK.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 14/04/08 18:56 UTC

Yeah - sorry - just completely losing track of days and times with the job search/being at home.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 19/04/08 13:58 UTC

Glad you are OK! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 21/04/08 09:03 UTC

Sadly Martin's Mum died yesterday evening. Things will be bit erratic over the next couple of weeks so please bear with me. I am happy that you continue the games and I'll catch up when I can.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 16/05/08 23:35 UTC

I really must apologize for my sudden, prolonged and unexplained absence.

To put it simply, I am only now getting over a serious respiratory infection that I've had for over a month - and which twice the doctor thought was turning into pneumonia.

I've been on 3 different antibiotics, and 2 different steroids beyond my usual respiratory medicine. Only in the last week have I actually started to feel like myself again.

On a related front - I will be starting work again next week.

Hopefully between getting over this illness, and having a little more stability (at least for a while) on the job front - I will be able to post regularly, and I would like to start joining games again when more become available.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 17/05/08 15:15 UTC

Hi Alduin,

Glad things are getting better for you! I just started a new standard game - would you like me to add you into it?

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 18/05/08 04:50 UTC

Sure if there is room.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 18/05/08 10:54 UTC

Sorry to hear that Alduin but really glad to know you are getting better! smile Welcome back!

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 03/08/08 14:02 UTC

Hope Alduin is still OK. I emailed a couple of days ago, no response as yet. I think we need to move forward now.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 03/08/08 17:27 UTC

Since game 182 is still on the first turn, I wonder if it would be worthwhile to substitute a different player for Alduin.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 04/08/08 12:38 UTC

Maybe one of our new players would like to join in? smile
Posted By: eclaasse

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 10/08/08 18:14 UTC

Exeter,
Like Argus said in his game, only the moderator's rolls need to be confirmed and cleared in games, not any other player (even if said player is also a moderator). So in 183 my rolls need to be confirmed, but not Gypsy's or Weez's.
Posted By: Exeter

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 10/08/08 18:20 UTC

Ah... you're quite correct there, ma'am. I plunged in, confirming and clearing rolls without first looking to see who was moderating said game. <sigh>

My abject apologies. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 10/08/08 18:34 UTC

You're just excited to do it. wink 50 lashes with a wet noodle, and apologies accepted.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 12/08/08 23:17 UTC

Could somebody confirm my turn 3 in game 182?

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 13/08/08 02:14 UTC

Confirmed and cleared, Argus.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 15/08/08 18:49 UTC

I'm a bit behind in my moderating! Sorry! smile And my weekend guests are imminent in their arrival!!

Anyway I should be able to catch up Sunday or Monday, in the mean time, if my players want to continue on, no objections. I'll catch up once I'm back!

Cheers!

grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 23/08/08 14:03 UTC

Doing some catch up for Alduin

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 02/09/08 03:25 UTC

Could somebody confirm my turn 9 in game 182?

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 02/09/08 12:59 UTC

Gotcha covered, Argus.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 09/09/08 13:33 UTC

Somebody please delete the rolls I did for Alduin in Game 184 since he rolled for himself the next day... especially since he got the same result I got rolling for him. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 09/09/08 17:32 UTC

Done, Exeter.

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 19/09/08 16:23 UTC

Caught up mine and Alduin's rolls so games can move ahead. smile As game 185 has just started, I could swap in and let Alduin take the next triple game if you like. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 22/09/08 20:00 UTC

Thanks Gypsy. If Alduin doesn't make it in to roll by tomorrow, I'll move him out and you in. That gives him a week since I sent him a message about it.

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 23/09/08 23:13 UTC

I am sorry - I was ill for the past week and am still catching up on things.

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 24/09/08 13:22 UTC

No problem! Glad to see you back! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 24/09/08 16:18 UTC

I'll ditto what Gypsy said. Hope you're feeling better each day.

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 28/09/08 11:59 UTC

As most games seem to have ground to a halt and it is not fair on the others to hold things up for too long, I have gone ahead and moved things on. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 29/09/08 19:58 UTC

Thanks Gypsy!

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 13/10/08 02:09 UTC

By the way, which games can be removed from the forum banner now?

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 13/10/08 17:22 UTC

You can remove everything except 180, 185 & 186.

Weez

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 03/11/08 13:02 UTC

I am now going away on Wednesday 5th Nov until Tuesday 11th and will not have internet access during that time. I will roll ahead on games. My players may feel free to continue on through the rounds on game 180 until my return! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 09/01/09 16:00 UTC

Calling all moderators.. grin

One major part of the new upgrade is that the dice roller interface is having to be totally rewritten. That is underway. I realised though last night that the games are going to have to be verified & dice rollers cleared prior to the Site Changeover - now scheduled for the 29th Jan 09.

Once we leave this site, we will be moving to the new dice roller and there will be no historic record.

So I think we will have to suspend yahtzee rolls a day or two ahead of the changeover so that moderators can do their bit.

Any thoughts? smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 12/01/09 01:16 UTC

Sounds good to me. Just tell me what to do and when, and I'll do it. smile

The upgrade sounds great, so I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 12/01/09 02:01 UTC

Just remind us when the time comes, Gypsy, and I'm sure we'll be able to work it out.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 31/01/09 18:50 UTC

Just found another feature.. in the full reply box there are arrows to right of the reply box that allow you to temporarily expand the size of the reply box, essential for Yahtzee! smile

You will also find that formatting is different. I have found out that we have lost the number list and so had some spurious text in my results posts. You may find other issues.

I am currently playing with formatting in game 189 if anyone wants to look. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 01/02/09 02:17 UTC

Maybe I should post this in the problems/troubleshooting section, but is there a setting that will take the moderator back to the thread instead of the overall forum upon deleting a post?

Also, despite selecting multiple dice rolls to delete, it only deleted the "top" one selected each time.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 01/02/09 14:10 UTC

Ok the first one, that's a feature of the board and not one that will be easy/possible to change. It severely irritates me as I trim all the posts/threads in all the public and sysop areas too and it is now a much longer process!! So if we can do something we will but no promises.

The second one is something I only discovered yesterday. pchan is working on it and it should be resolved soon with any luck. smile

There are some other formatting issues that affect yahtzee mostly.

To make any part of your post space properly ie hold the number of spaces you put in, you need to enclose that part of your post in [code] tags. You cannot put any other tags in that area.

This is required for the results tables.

Best thing is to have a look at my posts in games 188 & 189. Using edit you can see the formatting tags I have used.

Old posts are OK as is unless we edit or resave them, then we get peculiar code displaying, so best leave well alone! grin

I have taken the time to edit my resukts tables and my last results posts as I intend to then copy them as a template for all subsequent one, thereby only investing the time once! Very happy if any of you guys want to short cut by copying over the formatting tags from my posts, if you like them. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 01/02/09 15:01 UTC

Multi deletes in the dice roller is now resolved. Thanks pchan! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 01/02/09 16:58 UTC

OK, I've found a compromise method for the delete post thrown out to forum problem.

If you go into the post and select delete, get taken to the confirmation screen and press the confirm button, then click on your browser back arrow four times (quickly works!) then you are back in the thread.

I have only tested this in IE but it is easier for me that ending up back in the forum, trying to remember what topic i was in, finding it again and then finding the next post to delete. grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 02/02/09 14:41 UTC

Originally Posted by Gypsy
OK, I've found a compromise method for the delete post thrown out to forum problem.

If you go into the post and select delete, get taken to the confirmation screen and press the confirm button, then click on your browser back arrow four times (quickly works!) then you are back in the thread.

I have only tested this in IE but it is easier for me that ending up back in the forum, trying to remember what topic i was in, finding it again and then finding the next post to delete. grin

Oy vey. I guess that'll work, but what a mess. Thanks, Gypsy.

And thanks to pchan for the dice roller work. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 03/02/09 00:58 UTC

Gypsy, In the reply/edit area, is there a way to make the box wider? Maybe probably a function of my computer, but it isn't wide enough for me to edit the triple yahtzee scoresheet without either copying & pasting it to a word processor to edit or just simply going crazy trying to figure out what lines up. I haven't had a chance to look at the standard yahtzee scoresheets yet so I don't know if they have the same issue. I also haven't tried it at home to compare the two. Besides just not having much time to look at it, I haven't been sharp enough to figure out the best way to get around this. If you want, I can send you a screen shot to show you what I mean.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 03/02/09 13:34 UTC

Weez, use the 'Switch to Full Reply Screen' at the bottom of the quick reply box. You can use the arrows to right of the box to expand lengthways.

There is no way to expand the box sideways, assuming you have your browser fully open as it does expand/contract with the browser window size. The only alternative are to change the screen resolution of your PC or to go into My Stuff, Preference, and turn off the right hand column (6th option down).

However, we will see if we can make it wider. Our problem is that we have to try to accommodate all browser and PCs. Widening the reply window could mean that others have to scroll to see the right hand column. Everything is compromise. Roughly how many characters are you short?

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 03/02/09 13:38 UTC

On the topic of deletions, another way is to right click on the edit button of the post you want to delete, and open it in a new window. Do the delete & close the window. You are then back to the original thread. A simple refresh then removes the deleted post from view. You could do several delete this way before refreshing if you can remember what you've done! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 03/02/09 20:36 UTC

Gypsy, the problem isn't that I'm missing characters. (At least I don't think I am. The problem, at least with Triple Yahtzee (should go look at a Standard), is that the lines wrap so it's really hard to see how the columns line up. I'm emailing you a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about. I'll try copying the scoresheet to Word or something to edit and see how that works. Also, I'll hopefully get a chance to see what it looks like at home.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 09/02/09 18:22 UTC

Now altered the settings and I believe this is OK now? smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 09/02/09 18:25 UTC

Exeter, Weez has sent you a nudge on your ladder scores. Game 190. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 01/03/09 11:50 UTC

Noticed that Alduin & Mackey have fallen a little way behind. Emailed a reminder to both of them. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 13/03/09 21:43 UTC

Gypsy, Could you please look at the last few posts in game 185. Seems there might be some hiccups with the dice roller.
Thanks!

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 15/03/09 11:34 UTC

I'll ask pchan to check it out as he wrote it! smile

Meanwhile we will need to continue with the games. I understand the frustration but it can work both ways, it can be worse or better for you but we are all using the same software, so it is fair to everyone.

Meanwhile can everyone take extra care and report any anomolies, whether favourable or not! grin

Thanks!

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 17/03/09 00:04 UTC

At least it wasn't a Yahtzee. grin I'll take that last roll soon. Seems that stuff keeps getting in the way of my playing!

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 21/03/09 12:33 UTC

Emailed Alduin. If he cannot make it in this weekend, I'll catch up for him next week. smile In the meantime moderators feel free to move your games on. Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 19/05/09 14:07 UTC

Can someone look at the Game 195 dice roller? I was in verifying Turn 11's, and all the rolls disappeared from my view. I rolled my Turn 12 to see if it would come back, but still nothing. I'm seeing rolls in other rollers. hmm

Edit: Now I can see the Turn 11 rolls, but I don't see my turn 12. sad

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 20/05/09 17:23 UTC

No turn 12 from you. Looks like you were a victim of the disappearing rolls trick. Don and I have both had that problem. Just some weird hiccup I guess.

There are rolls from Exeter and Drew only.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 10/07/09 09:47 UTC

I notice that we have a few people who are not taking their turns in a timely way. This is unfair for the rest who want to play. It is not likely to improve with summer slowdown upon us either.

I have caught up all games today. smile

Can moderators please score their games even if only 5 players have taken turns? If it gets to more than 10 days since a player last took a turn, please feel at liberty to take the turn yourself as moderator or ask someone to do so. Weez and I are always willing to step in if needed. smile

Thanks!

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 10/07/09 18:53 UTC

Thanks for catching the games up. Mackey had an update on his current status in Coffee Talk. Hopefully he'll feel up to playing regularly soon.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 16/07/09 01:55 UTC

I apologize for my absence - my computer died earlier this month, and I only got it back last week. I've been catching up on other things, but I am back here now. (finally).

Again my apologies.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 16/07/09 14:08 UTC

Good to have you back! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 16/07/09 15:26 UTC

Ditto what Gypsy said!

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 18/05/10 11:27 UTC

Weez & other moderators smile

We seem to have slowed down as one or two folks are absent. I think it might be an idea for us moderators to make rolls to those absent players so that the games can be moved on for everyone else.

Are we all up for that? smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 18/05/10 15:55 UTC

Works for me, though I was hoping not to do that on the last round of the game.

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 19/05/10 00:06 UTC

Pretty much the way I feel, Weez. I only need one roll from eclaasse to close out game 208. I'm gonna give her another coupla days before I close it out.

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 19/05/10 12:17 UTC

Drop her an email reminder and a couple of days notice. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 21/05/10 12:43 UTC

Catching up with games today. Won't be back to Yatzee until about 2 Jun. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 17/06/10 12:29 UTC

Could someone please verify & delete mine & Alduin's turn 34's from the 201 dice roller? Thanks! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 17/06/10 16:36 UTC

Done!

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 18/06/10 11:59 UTC

Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 01/07/10 19:19 UTC

My apologies to all. I ended up on an impromptu vacation to Key West, and if you've ever been to the Florida Keys, you know being on the computer is the last thing you want to do. But I'm back only mildly sunburned!

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 13/08/10 11:55 UTC

As you all probably know I'm scheduled for surgery on Tuesday. I'll be in hospital for a couple of days they think but I have no idea how long it will be before I am posting again. Recovery is 2 to 4 weeks but I'll be bored LONG before that! grin

I'll post ahead on the games I'm in and let you all know when I'm back! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 13/08/10 23:38 UTC

Wishing you good thoughts for a routine procedure with no complications followed by a speedy recovery, Gypsy!

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 14/08/10 01:15 UTC

Take care of yourself, Jill, and make them take good care of you! I'll be thinking about you. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 14/08/10 10:27 UTC

Thanks guys! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 18/11/10 13:09 UTC

Emailed Alduin & Eclaasse as they are behind on their turns

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 18/11/10 17:43 UTC

Thanks Gypsy. I sent a message to eclaasse last week (I think) but hadn't heard back which is unusual.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 19/11/10 13:10 UTC

Heard from her today. She said she should be able to post tomorrow & sends apologies. smile Nothing from Alduin yet

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 19/11/10 16:52 UTC

Thanks for the update.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 20/11/10 14:59 UTC

I never knew grant proposal writing would be such a killer. Plus a massive take home exam. Both due the same day. On the plus side, nothing else is due until the end of the semester now, so I should be ON TOP of things until mid-Decemberish where I might fall behind again. sad

Thanks for the patience from all the mods. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 20/11/10 23:00 UTC

You're welcome smile Happens to us all.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 21/11/10 17:38 UTC

Yikes! Welcome back.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 02/12/10 12:41 UTC

Could someone please clear my rolls for Alduin for turn 15 in Game 214? Thanks! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 02/12/10 20:36 UTC

I'm on it!

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 03/12/10 15:49 UTC

Thanks Weez! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 10/03/11 13:49 UTC

Work has just gotten busy. Still happy to mod new triple game but delaying until next week - apologies! May have some rolling to catch up on too by then wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 10/03/11 17:10 UTC

No problem, Gypsy!

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 25/03/11 15:41 UTC

Eclaasse has a few games to catch up so I sent her an email. I'll give her a day or two before moving Game 221 on. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 31/03/11 11:47 UTC

Please be aware that we now have an upgraded dice roller with new functionality. This was done so that GMs could delete their own game rolls from their forums, otherwise they just build up.

However in yahtzee we must NOT select the option that allows moderators to delete their own rolls. Each type of dice roller does display a sentence describing the type/conditions of the roller so it should be pretty easy for everyone to make sure the roller is of the correct type. smile

Just as a matter of interest I've not experienced any of the previous problems with the dice roller not recording rolls. This true for everyone else too?

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 31/03/11 16:52 UTC

So far, so good, but then I've trained myself to not leave the roller open for long. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 01/04/11 12:22 UTC

Me too! Maybe that's it! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 03/04/11 23:19 UTC

Gypsy - I've had one occasion in the past where I saw the die roller not record rolls.

We never did figure out why - maybe because I tried to do too many at once.
It was on one of my 'catch ups' when I was doing like 5 turns at once for a game.

On another matter with the dice rollers - they are no longer appearing when I am in the 'full reply' editor screen.

I used to be able to do that so that I could have my rolls up in front of me while I was entering my post.

Was this deliberate or some kind of 'inadvertent change' when you upgraded the roller?

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 04/04/11 12:17 UTC

I found that on the 'full reply' this morning. It has happened since the recent upgrade (an undocumented feature wink ) and I have pchan on the case. grin Fix coming shortly.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 02/08/11 21:41 UTC

Emailed Alduin as a few games are waiting on him smile
Posted By: KenSeg

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 02/08/11 22:22 UTC

Gypsy, he is away until the 8th if I remember right.

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 03/08/11 11:58 UTC

Oh OK, thanks! There will be a reminder waiting for him then! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 13/09/11 10:54 UTC

Hi guys,

Doing a spring clean of my sections. My thoughts are to retain all ladder results but to delete the individual game threads for all closed ladders.

Any objections?

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 13/09/11 16:28 UTC

Sounds good to me.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 13/09/11 22:32 UTC

OK by me.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 29/09/11 15:48 UTC

Think I'm up to date currently but now away until Mon 3 Oct.
Posted By: Don

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 08/10/11 04:59 UTC

I need a game ruling over in Triple 221. I have been waiting a couple of days now and it has finally occurred to me that unless you are moderating or playing in Triple 221 you aren't going to see the original message so I am re-posting it here.

Don rolled d6,d6 and got 3, 3
2011-10-06 05:47:14
Turn 27 Don's second roll: keeping 2 threes, re-rolling 4, 1, 5
Don rolled d6,d6,d6 and got 2, 2, 3
2011-10-06 05:46:25
Turn 27 Don's first roll
Don rolled d6,d6,d6,d6,d6 and got 3, 4, 3, 1, 5

Okay, I need a ruling from Moderators <sighs>.

I meant to roll this as Turn 27 in Game 221 which is why the roller says Turn 27 not Turn 12 but apparently I clicked on the Game 227 roller and not the Game 221 one.

It's a Yathzee so the result is good for me either way but if it goes into game 221 where I have five or six Yathzee's already I could have a shot at that record breaking 3000 score. I don't have a yathzee yet in 227 so it won't be a bad thing if the ruling is it needs to go there I'm just not sure where to put it right now, what do you guys think?

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 08/10/11 18:11 UTC

As far as I'm concerned, you were trying to roll for Game 221 even if you inadvertently clicked on the Game 227 Dice Roller so IMO it should count in Game 221.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 22/11/11 19:12 UTC

Sorry for my tardiness of late - just been incredibly busy in both work & social lives! Catching up now. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 19/01/12 16:57 UTC

I know we have the rules linked at the top of the forum but do we need the game links there now? Games are always current and at the top of the thread list anyway. smile Just a though to save some work.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 19/01/12 17:19 UTC

There's links up there? wink Clearly, I don't need them.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 19/01/12 17:20 UTC

Truthfully - I only just noticed and that was because I looked for the links to direct Ken that way! lol

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 19/01/12 20:06 UTC

I've noticed them, but have never used them.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 20/01/12 12:24 UTC

Well if no-one responds here to say they use them, then I suggest we delete them and stop updating them grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 23/01/12 18:08 UTC

Good plan, Gypsy!

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 26/01/12 12:23 UTC

OK deleted smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 26/01/12 12:51 UTC

Emailed Alduin to catch up smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 10/02/12 14:59 UTC

Recently I was asked privately why all the yahtzee games had ground to a halt, including the two that I moderate. I took some time to explan things from my point of view and thought it was worth reposting that here:

The pace of a game is up to the moderator so you need to post to the game to ask them what the holdup might be. Bear in mind all the moderators are volunteers and most of us would prefer to take the easy way out and just play the game – but we can’t all do that!

In my games I posted that I had nudged a player who has fallen behind. I will move ahead with 5 people having rolled normally but when a person is behind two rolls, I don’t like to move too far ahead because of three things.
• Firstly I have to go back and amend previous results when those scores eventually come in. That is extra work and the further back you go, the more chances of errors and the more checking you have to do.
• Secondly, the results you post are not up to date. Someone may think they are at the top with another player having rolls in hand say in position 4. So they take a decision – because they are at the top – to try for a high straight – and it doesn’t work! In the meantime the late player catches up and has good rolls taking him to first place. So the guy that was on top is annoyed because he would have played differently.
• The third reason is that when people make a lot of rolls together there is a potential to cheat.. and I really don't believe anyone does smile .. but the fact that they could means that people can start to suspect that. We try to set the rules so that there is little or no opportunity as that engenders trust in the game amongst the players. The way this potential to cheat occurs is that you might make 3 consecutive turns. In the first turn you roll 3 sixes and 2 threes but cannot decide whether to take them as 3 sixes up top, full house or three of a kind, so you make the next roll BEFORE deciding. Next roll you roll 3 ones and 2 twos – much better as a full house than using the 6s. Those players playing on time do not have that option, which is why I try not to go beyond two outstanding rolls. This is especially true at the end of a game where decisions can affect final position.

These reasons may also be affecting the other moderators decisions too. However, we want to make Yahtzee and DreamLyrics a fun place to be and putting undue pressure on anyone could make them drop the game – and we really only have enough people to continue the number of games we are currently running. In the RPing areas of the board we have to deal with the posting times issue constantly. Some RPers want to post several times a day, others only a few times a week. Often we have to find a middle ground that can be accepted by both ends of the spectrum. Maybe we need to do that in yahtzee?

There is another option open to moderators which we have tried to bring in before and that is rolling for the person who is late but we should establish openly what that timescale is – and then abide by it. This does not remove a holdup because a moderator is busy in real life.. and moderators are the unsung heroes of the game.. and I believe they are allowed a slip here and there because they work hard for us all the rest of the time. Weez particularly deserves our appreciation and thanks as she organises the games and runs the ladder scores too – as well as moderating.

Now having repeated all that here, do we want to consider adding a rule or two so as to try to be fair to both faster and slower players? Two things I offer for discussion are:
- do we have a rule to say if a player has not rolled within two weeks, and are two turns behind, then the moderator should go ahead and roll for them?
- do we ask players who use the dice roller for more than one turn to post say a single 1d20 roll after each turn and to use the desceiption box to declare their decision for the roll before moving on to roll the next turn?

Just some thoughts to see if we can make the game more enjoyable and fair for everyone. smile

Comments please!

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 10/02/12 15:12 UTC

I've just taken the suggested action on game 230. Moderators can view the rolls in the dice roller as an example

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 10/02/12 17:43 UTC

I like the time/turn rule. I'm not really concerned with the 2nd one because I haven't really seen it as an issue. Or maybe it's my rose-colored glasses that has me believing that people play fairly. wink And thanks for the kudos. Sometimes I'm just slow because I am. grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 11/02/12 00:36 UTC

For Yahtzee and other games, a better die roll to use for sticking a note into the dice roller might be one that can't ever be mistaken for an attempt to get a random number. A d1, for example.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 11/02/12 23:44 UTC

I agree with Weez. It hadn't occurred to me that situation two would crop up.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 14/02/12 12:36 UTC

Being an accountant, part of our training is fraud prevention and fraud detection - guess it has rubbed off! grin

OK then, as guidance for moderators, how about this?

If a player has not rolled/posted but all others have, move the game on a round so everyone else can carry on. If you can email a reminder to the player at this time. If everyone else has posted in the next round and around 2 weeks has elapsed since that player last posted, the moderator rolls both late rolls and moves the game on.

Does this sound fair to everyone, players & moderators alike? smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 14/02/12 20:50 UTC

Works for me.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 14/02/12 23:00 UTC

Sounds reasonable to me.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 23/02/12 16:46 UTC

Bit behind guys - busy at work - long hours. Should be able to catch up at the weekend - apologies!

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 23/02/12 17:00 UTC

No problem Gypsy. Figured it was something like that. I just followed your new guidelines and moved game 227 along anyway. wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 23/02/12 17:06 UTC

Thanks! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 04/03/12 14:37 UTC

Two days left for Alduin to roll otherwise moderators should make the rolls for him smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 05/04/12 16:52 UTC

Apologies for slipping this week in particular - been soooo busy. I will be posting results etc hopefully tomorrow (though I am at work tomorrow during the holidays! sob ) certainly by Saturday!

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 05/04/12 23:44 UTC

No worries Gypsy. It's that time of year I think.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 08/04/12 11:55 UTC

Could someone please clear the rolls I made for Alduin in dice roller 230 - thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 08/04/12 13:42 UTC

Just did, Gypsy. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 08/04/12 13:44 UTC

Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 13/04/12 15:41 UTC

Weez I have Game 230 results for Ladder XXI but there isn't one yet! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 14/04/12 18:32 UTC

Oops! OK I'll set one up now.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 19/04/12 16:16 UTC

Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 29/04/12 14:19 UTC

I'd appreciate it if someone would delete the dice rolls I did to catch Alduin up in Game 232.

Oh yeah, and I'm ready to mod another standard game. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 30/04/12 02:47 UTC

Consider those dice rolls deleted.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 30/04/12 23:00 UTC

Thanks, Argus.

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 30/05/12 12:15 UTC

I'm away from Fri 1 Jun to Tues 5th June. Play will be resumed on game 231 on my return. I'll try & post ahead on others. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 30/05/12 17:15 UTC

I'm away from Fri 1 Jun to Fri 8 Jun. wink Just what Gypsy said, except game 233.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 21/06/12 00:32 UTC

I'm ready for another standard game. Should I recruit another player?

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 21/06/12 12:55 UTC

Good idea and if we can find volunteers to take of Jim's remaining games and also Alduin (though this may be temporary but it has been 2 months now) then that would be a good thing.

In game 231 I am now rolling 50% of the turns, not the greatest way to run a game.

If any of you have games with missing players that I am not in, let me know and I will be happy to fill in. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 21/06/12 14:12 UTC

Going to write a piece for Coffee Talk to try to get some new players but don't hold any games, better if we look active anyway! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 21/06/12 22:13 UTC

I did 50% of the rolls in the last half of 235 so I know what you mean, Jill. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 25/06/12 13:29 UTC

As some of you will know I'm away from this Friday to after 12th July. As we are all doing extra rolls just now, I think my game (231) should just go on hold whilst I'm away. I'll try to leave it so you guys can continue a little way without me and I'll roll ahead on the other games.

Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 25/06/12 16:57 UTC

No worries Gypsy! Enjoy your trip! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 26/06/12 12:42 UTC

Thanks! I will grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 13/08/12 00:17 UTC

I'm ready to mod another game.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 13/08/12 21:35 UTC

Thanks Exeter. Game 238 is ready for you and I think Ken is quite anxious to get going on it. grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 09/07/13 11:38 UTC

Emailed Don to find out when he is likely to be back.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 09/07/13 17:41 UTC

I PM'd him last week which usually does the trick. Hope all is alright with him.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 11/07/13 12:10 UTC

I did ask him that but no response as yet.. sad

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 10/01/14 12:11 UTC

Don hasn't posted again in a while - last online on Xmas day. I've emailed him to see if he is OK.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 10/01/14 17:08 UTC

Hope he is.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 11/01/14 10:16 UTC

He is & back too! Welcome back Don! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 24/04/14 12:47 UTC

Exeter & Don - as both Weez & I are away I don't see the point in rolling ahead for the triple games. I'll catch up when I get back! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 24/04/14 21:47 UTC

Makes sense to me... both of you enjoy yourselves...

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 13/05/14 10:24 UTC

I'll roll ahead as I am going away tomorrow until Saturday. I should have access via my tablet but depends on connectivity etc. plus I won't have lots of free time. This is not a holiday but a technical conference and I will have meetings, events & networking going on.

I'll catch up on Challenge when I get back! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 13/05/14 17:21 UTC

Seems like "have fun" isn't really the right thing to say. wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 18/05/14 10:24 UTC

Actually I did have fun! grin I made chocolate, toured Brugge on foot, by horse and carriage and by canal launch, toured a brewery, enjoyed live music and ate so well.. but too much! As well as fitting in the other stuff. smile Great bunch of people!

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 19/05/14 17:26 UTC

Sounds like a great trip all around to me then. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 30/05/14 00:36 UTC

I'm trying to talk Raven into joining Triple 272. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 30/05/14 11:28 UTC

Mina said she might like to have a go at Yahtzee - I suggested a standard to begin with. Maybe she needs a nudge! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 30/05/14 11:35 UTC

And yes Raven - come join the fun! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 30/05/14 20:02 UTC

Yay for potential new players! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 03/07/14 10:26 UTC

Hi all, heading out this weekend for a bridge holiday. Whereas I probably will have access (but no guarantees) I will be short on time. Therefore thought the best option would be to make my rolls in advance! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 03/07/14 15:54 UTC

Sounds good, Gypsy, though you seem really optimistic on how fast the games will be going this weekend. grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 03/07/14 16:13 UTC

This weekend, next week and the weekend after! Also gives me a bit of a breather to catch up at work on my return wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 03/07/14 16:24 UTC

That'll work. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 17/09/14 12:39 UTC

I'm away over the weekend from Fri to Mon inclusive. Although I hope to have access via the tablet, my time and its functionality are limited so I will post ahead a bit. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 04/01/15 13:39 UTC

New year, new challenge!

So would anyone else like to play Challenge Yahtzee? smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 09/03/15 12:42 UTC

OK I'm going to roll ahead on my game because of going away. Although I will have a tablet, I will have limited time.

Challenge seems to have halted whilst we wait for Don to sort out his turn. I'll pick this up again on my return. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 24/09/15 12:19 UTC

As I'm away for a few days, rolling ahead smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 29/06/16 09:58 UTC

As I am quite busy now and then going away for a week, thought I would roll ahead rather than get behind! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 09/09/16 14:06 UTC

Again away effectively from tomorrow until Weds inclusive. I will make a couple of rolls ahead. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 14/09/16 20:33 UTC

Sorry, mods, for my slowness. The brain spaced gaming in favor of refactoring some code...

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 15/09/16 19:03 UTC

Sounds painful, eclaasse...

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 22/09/16 08:40 UTC

Again away until Weds next week.. will roll ahead smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 02/11/16 12:29 UTC

Away again over the weekend so posting a little ahead smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 02/11/16 18:47 UTC

Busy busy busy. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 03/11/16 13:03 UTC

grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 23/11/16 00:55 UTC

Sorry for being slow in getting to these games. Between whatever the heck I did on the weekend and then trying to stuff 5 days of work into 2.5, I haven't been able to catch up on things here. I'm off for a long weekend starting at noon on Weds and will catch up that evening!

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 23/11/16 12:00 UTC

We're all busy too so don't pressure yourself too much! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 15/03/17 12:26 UTC

Sorry, mods, for being AWOL for a bit. Was at home dealing with parental illness.

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 15/03/17 12:28 UTC

No worries eclasse, hope all is well now! smile

I have visitors for the next 4 days so will post ahead. Cheers! wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 16/03/17 19:33 UTC

Family first, eclaasse, so no worries.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 10/04/17 15:14 UTC

And so that happened. And then my brain was not thinking about Yahtzee at all. And now I'm back home dealing with the final stages of the illness from a couple weeks ago. Will play catch-up and roll ahead for what I can. You might leave me out of new games for a bit. Maybe my head will be back in the game in a month or two.

(To summarize: was in Nebraska with parental illness, returned to North Carolina and didn't even think about Yahtzee, now back in Nebraska for end stage renal failure hospice care. I may forget about Yahtzee again...)

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 10/04/17 23:13 UTC

sad I totally understand putting Yahtzee aside, eclaasse. Take care of your family and yourself first, and we'll be here. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 10/04/17 23:43 UTC

We all understand, eclaasse, and will keep you in our thoughts. Let us know if we can help with anything.

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 11/04/17 11:15 UTC

That sounds really tough. Sympathies. We'll still be here when you have a time & need for distractions. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 19/04/17 15:02 UTC

Weez - as I am now back up and running Challenge, I will be stopping moderating yahtzee again, once game 315 is finished. Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 19/04/17 19:13 UTC

Thanks Gypsy. If I sign you up for one due to typical forgetfulness, just smack me. wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 20/04/17 14:22 UTC

Will do! whip

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 23/04/17 16:14 UTC

eek

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 20/05/17 02:18 UTC

Hey, guys. My Dad passed away a little over a month ago. Tonight was literally the first time I went, "Oh, man...Yahtzee," since. I'm leaving this browser window open, so that tomorrow morning I'll remember and play catch up.

Thank you for your understanding.
-E

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 20/05/17 09:46 UTC

Sorry to hear that eclaasse. Never easy to lose those you love. Sympathies and hugs.

I have been posting for you in Game 315 so you are not overwhelmed with catch up! I'll stop that now wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 20/05/17 13:12 UTC

Thanks, Gypsy. Your rolling for me in the Triple game certainly wasn't going to hurt me...I can't seem to play Triples well at all! I play them for fun and ladder donation points to the winners! wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 21/05/17 01:46 UTC

My sympathies for your loss, eclaasse. It seems not all that long ago that I lost my parents, so I have an idea how you must feel. Glad to have you back with us.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 21/05/17 11:47 UTC

You're welcome eclaasse. And that is a very charitable attitude! grin
Nice to have you back!

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 23/05/17 18:19 UTC

My sympathies on your loss, eclaasse. Yahtzee is definitely a low priority. I totally understand your absence. We're here whenever you feel like playing.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 27/05/17 22:01 UTC

Thanks, guys. It's good to be back amongst friends. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 03/06/17 10:27 UTC

Away after today until Wednesday. I'll catch up on my return. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 03/06/17 15:47 UTC

And I'll be away Weds - Saturday, but I'm going to try to check in. Not promising anything since we're going to Disneyland, but you never know. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 03/06/17 20:10 UTC

Disneyland! Always wanted to go. Have a great time! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 21/07/17 13:05 UTC

Will bne away Mon-Thu next week. Have posted ahead smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 12/10/17 12:50 UTC

As you may have seen I will not be posting from Saturday 14th to Thursday 19th as I have guests staying. Challenge will go on hold and I will try to post ahead on the other yahtzee games smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 12/10/17 17:21 UTC

Enjoy your guests!

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 13/10/17 10:54 UTC

Really close friends, always nice & relaxed! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 07/11/17 15:40 UTC

Think I have rolled ahead enough to cover my time away. smile If not, I'll catch up when I am back next week! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 07/11/17 18:07 UTC

I'll bet you're good for a while. smile Have a great time!

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 01/02/18 11:40 UTC

Away for a few days, posting ahead smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 01/02/18 20:19 UTC

Hope it's something fun! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 05/02/18 14:51 UTC

Yes, had our good friends to stay for a couple of days and then had a day with friends we have not seen for a while. All good! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 09/03/18 13:10 UTC

This is the only chat thread I can find, so I'm sharing this here. I saw it this morning, and it reminded me of all of you lovely people!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-you-the-perfect-yahtzee-player/

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 09/03/18 14:42 UTC

Interesting questions those! smile But the nicest thing is to know that you are thinking of us! grin Miss ya!

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 09/03/18 19:14 UTC

Thanks eclaasse for the link and for thinking of us. smile I miss you also.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 09/03/18 20:14 UTC

Good to hear from you, eclaasse! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 16/03/18 12:14 UTC

The very mathy (but written understandably) solution to last week's Yahtzee puzzle is here:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-you-do-math-with-shapes/

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 11/04/18 11:39 UTC

I'm away now until Monday. If I fall behind I'll catch up on my return smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 12/05/18 11:21 UTC

Although I will have limited access whilst I'm away next week, time will be limited as well so I am going to post ahead on the games. If any new ones start, don't add me in, or you may need to wait a while before I can post. Back to normal on Monday 21st! Have fun! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 14/05/18 18:58 UTC

I'm sure we can wait for your return. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 18/05/18 17:51 UTC

Well I'm back tonight briefly and looks like I'm still ahead of the game! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 18/05/18 22:34 UTC

We like to savor our games. No rushing through them. wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 20/05/18 09:58 UTC

Not a problem for me. Gives me a bit more time when I get back to catch up on other things! wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 22/08/18 15:49 UTC

Have rolled ahead as I am away from Friday to Monday inc. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 22/08/18 19:54 UTC

Have fun!

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 23/08/18 11:12 UTC

Will do! grin Thanks!

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 06/10/18 13:19 UTC

Going away until next Thursday. Best not to start me in any new games smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 01/11/18 00:37 UTC

Argus, do you want to run a Standard Game? I know I've been picking up all of them and thought you might want to handle one.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 01/11/18 03:56 UTC

Okay. I've modified my score spreadsheet to handle the ladder point calculations for a 5-player game.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 01/11/18 17:55 UTC

Thanks guys!

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 07/11/18 16:04 UTC

Rolled ahead as I am away until Tues next week. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 05/12/18 17:18 UTC

Away for a couple of days, will catch up on my return where needed smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 05/12/18 17:39 UTC

Have fun!

Re: Moderator Chat - Wed 05/12/18 17:40 UTC

Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 29/12/18 17:48 UTC

Away now until next Thursday. smile Have rolled ahead.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 06/04/19 12:18 UTC

Just noticed that Eclaasse is still listed as a moderator? Should we remove her? She can always be added back again if she returns to play regularly. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 07/04/19 00:45 UTC

Probably would be the best thing to do under the circumstances.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 08/04/19 18:35 UTC

Ditto

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 26/04/19 19:58 UTC

I'll be on vacation 4/30-5/6. I plan to check in each day and will hopefully stay current on games, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up. I was going to start a new standard game, but it's too difficult for me to do that on a mobile device, so that will have to wait until I return.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 27/04/19 10:49 UTC

No worries Weez! And have a great time! smile I go away just before you come back, so I guess there might be a slow down in this section! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 29/04/19 23:53 UTC

Sure sounds like it. Hope you have a great time as well. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 30/04/19 10:37 UTC

Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 03/05/19 03:57 UTC

Looks like I'm going to have to skip playing yahtzee until I'm back because i can't seem to find the dice rollers when playing on my phone. Anyone have a suggestion on that?
Posted By: Phoenix Prime

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 03/05/19 12:03 UTC

just an observer and i saw your question in the Active Threads screen-

first- what kind of phone?

I have a samsung G8 and my suggestions are based around that. They should work for any android style phone, give or take some device variation)-

i bought up DL, went to yahtzee forum and could see all three panes (Left sidebar, center main pane, right sidebar). In fact the screen on my phone looks just like the forum view i have when i am on my desktop here at work/ or at home. so the dice rollers are in the left hand sidebar.

sorry if i am oversimplifying this, but I need to lay the groundwork for this... if you only see the main center pane with the threads themselves... and NO 'Who's Online Now' on the left or NO 'Member Spotlight' avatar on the right... then your phone is giving you the 'mobile version' only. you need to change that setting to 'Desktop Version'.

to do this you need to locate the browser's menu (not a dreamlyrics menu/setting- you need the settings link for the browser). it often appear as 3 horizontal lines in a top menu bar or a bottom menu bar, depending on the phone itself.

[Linked Image]

again, depending on the phone you are using this could vary- but the important part is you need to locate the browser's menu options- in an android phone this floating bar appears when you are scrolling the screen. in mine when i am scrolling down it forces the menu to show up at the bottom.

on this bar you will also see an icon to bring up your bookmarks, and one to go to browser home page, and another to to open extra tabs. you are looking for 3 horizontal bar one.

if you see it, tap it.

it brings up a menu of options for the browser. If you are in the mobile version you will see an option for desktop version. this is a toggle. if you are already in desktop it will say mobile version.

again, if you are in the mobile version, then switch to desktop version and you should see the DL site just as you would on your home/work computer

I hope this helps

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 03/05/19 12:39 UTC

Thanks so much. I've got the same phone. You and Mina got me to the right place! I appreciate the help. One less excuse now to get caught up! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 03/05/19 12:42 UTC

You are very welcome- Glad we could help

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 03/05/19 15:53 UTC

Jim, would you mind if I copy this to the Help/FAQ section. Others coule benefit from your advice. smile

And thanks so much for helping here! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 03/05/19 16:00 UTC

no problem- it might need to be cleaned up a little as it reads like a message to a person(which it was) and not an answer to an FAQ- but that's your call. do with it as you wish

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 03/05/19 16:35 UTC

Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 03/05/19 16:43 UTC

I am away from tomorrow but taking the laptop so hopefully I will be able to keep up. Might be a bit slow wink

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 25/07/19 11:46 UTC

As you probably all know by now, we have lost Don.

As a tribute to him, would moderators be prepared to take his turns to the end of current games?

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 25/07/19 23:23 UTC

sad Yes, no problem. I'll miss him here.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 26/07/19 15:02 UTC

Me too..

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 27/07/19 02:35 UTC

I'll handle his turns in my game. I remember him from years ago - back when he was Phage Press (Don) at CISGames. Around 1989, I suppose.

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 29/07/19 12:38 UTC

Me too. So sad he's no longer with us.
Posted By: KenSeg

Re: Moderator Chat - Mon 29/07/19 12:55 UTC

Dang, I had forgotten that was his name from back then. He has always just been Don to me. sad

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 30/07/19 12:38 UTC

My Game 349 will likely go on hold, perhaps until my return on 27th Aug. Might be worth doing the same with your Triple Game Exeter as essentially you will have 50% of your players missing.

As to the Single Games. Don't start me in any new ones. I will catch up the turns either when I get back or when I can get connectivity. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 01/08/19 17:59 UTC

I was thinking that myself, Gypsy. Enjoy yourself! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 02/08/19 09:40 UTC

Thanks! smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 21/09/19 10:44 UTC

Exeter we seem to be waiting for you on all games! grin

Re: Moderator Chat - Sat 21/09/19 20:08 UTC

I'll do my best to get something done today or tomorrow, Gypsy. My wife's been sick and that has slowed me down.

Re: Moderator Chat - Sun 22/09/19 10:34 UTC

Sorry to hear that Exeter. First your granddaughter, then your wife. Your family are going through it at the moment. Hope they are all better soon!

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 24/09/19 00:20 UTC

Well, my granddaughter's doing fine. Hope Gail is better soon. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 24/09/19 14:06 UTC

Me too! Give her our best! smile And glad your granddaughter is fine now. smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Tue 24/09/19 18:54 UTC

Hope your wife is better soon as well, Ex.

Re: Moderator Chat - Thu 26/09/19 17:06 UTC

I hope so, too. We're just hoping it's not any more serious than what we're afraid it is...

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 11/10/19 13:34 UTC

Well I guess we should address the elephant in the room as triple game 349 is now on turn 38. wink

With Don no longer with us - miss him - we need to decide what to do with Triple Yahtzee. Like Don I prefer this to standard yahtzee. smile So do I amend the template for 3 players or are there others here that would like to try it out? smile

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 11/10/19 17:24 UTC

It would be great if we could get others to join us. I'm OK with 3 players also. I miss him too.

Re: Moderator Chat - Fri 11/10/19 18:20 UTC

I could survive with only 3 players but I'd also prefer to find another player or two, myself.
© 2019 DreamLyrics Message Gaming