Yahtzee Rules - Mon 15/10/01 20:03 UTC
Playing the game
Playing the game
- Each player rolls 5 6-sided dice each turn.
- After they roll, they can decide to score what they have, or re-roll any or all of the 5 dice to try and get a better throw.
- If they re-roll, they can again choose to score or re-roll again any or all of the 5 dice.
- After the player's third roll they must stop and score their throw.
- To score a throw the player must choose which box on the scoresheet to fill in, even if the resulting score for that box is 0.
- After everyone has had their turn, you then repeat the process.
- The game ends when all players have filled in all boxes on their scoresheet.
- The player with the highest number of points at the end wins.
- There are 13 boxes on each players scoresheet.
- A player must fill in one box each turn, and cannot fill in any box more than once.
- If a player cannot score anything with his throw, he must choose any empty box and score 0 in it.
- There are two sections on the score sheet, the Top Section and the Bottom section.
- The Top Section contains six boxes.
Ones - Score the total of all 1s
Twos - Score the total of all 2s
Threes - Score the total of all 3s
Fours - Score the total of all 4s
Fives - Score the total of all 5s
Sixes - Score the total of all 6s
In each box you score the total of only the dice of a particular number. For example, if you roll 1,1,4,4,6 you could score 2 in the Ones box, 8 in the Fours box, or 6 in the Sixes box. You want to try and score an average of at least 3 dice in each box to get the bonus [see below].
- The Bottom Section contaions 7 boxes.
3 of a kind - Any roll with 3 (or more) dice the same. Score the total of all 5 dice.
4 of a kind - Any roll with 4 (or more) dice the same. Score the total of all 5 dice.
Small Straight - Any roll with 4 (or more) dice in sequence (e.g 1,2,3,4 or 2,3,4,5). Score 30 points.
Large Straight - Any roll with 5 dice in sequence (i.e. 1,2,3,4,5 or 2,3,4,5,6). Score 40 points.
Full House - Any roll with 3 dice of one number and 2 with another (e.g. 1,1,1,4,4). Score 25 points.
Yahtzee - All five dice the same. Score 50 points.
Chance - Any roll at all. Score total of all 5 dice.
- Top Section bonus - If you score 63 points in the Top Section, you get a bonus of 35 points. 63 points equates to an average of 3 dice scoring in each box.
- Joker Rules - If you throw a Yahtzee and you have already entered a score in your Yahtzee box (even a zero) you score the throw as follows:
If you have not filled in the appropriate box in the Top Section you must score all 5 dice there.
If you have filled in the appropriate box in the Top Section you can score the throw in any box in the Bottom Section as if you had rolled the correct dice for that box.
- Yahtzee Bonus - If you throw a Yahtze and you have scored a Yahtzee previously in your Yahtzee box (i.e not 0), you also score a bonus of 100 points. This is in addition to scoring the second (or subsequent) Yahtzee using the Joker rules above.