DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Pandemonium Wildsea - Thu 29/02/24 23:03 UTC
https://www.myth.works/collections/the-wildsea-homepage

I admit, I have a problem. I am addicted to reading RPGs. grin

I am also quite jaded. Even though I am interested in almost everything, it is very rare where I come across a game and go "gosh that looks interesting."

Wildsea, doesn't just look interesting with narrative easy mechanics. It literally is one of the most original game worlds I have seen in a very long time.

I just had to share the weirdness that is Wildsea.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Wildsea - Fri 01/03/24 10:56 UTC
Looks interesting though it could take a lot of work to populate a world? wink Like the twists on rolling doubles.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Wildsea - Fri 01/03/24 21:58 UTC
Oh I agree it would take work, but no more so than any other game world. Look at your mouseketters game, you didn't think up every NPC instantly, you had to populate them along the way.
Posted By: nem Re: Wildsea - Sat 02/03/24 09:53 UTC
Yeah, I thought The Wildsea was one of the highlights of last year's ENNIE Awards.

It's a lovely physical book too. I love the landscape orientation and heavy use of artwork to sell the setting.

[Linked Image from asmodee.co.uk]

It's a cool idea for a botanical fantasy world, a planet covered in a forest so dense you can travel across its canopy on crawler ships. The forest has layers like an ocean, with no daylight at the abyssal floor, and the fantasy races have inate connections with the world.

[Linked Image from images-geeknative-com.exactdn.com]

The most imaginative RPG I've seen in a long time.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: Wildsea - Sat 02/03/24 10:11 UTC
Maybe we should try it FTF Neil? grin
Posted By: nem Re: Wildsea - Sun 03/03/24 08:18 UTC
We should, for sure! Although we've got quite a full roster at the mo. wink Big's trying out Free League's Alien RPG next, then we have to finish our Hillfolk campaign, then I want to try Fabula Ultima... phew!!
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Wildsea - Sun 03/03/24 21:35 UTC
Maybe you should run it here on DL, Neil... Then my commute wouldn't be quite as long for a chance to play it with you. 😁
Posted By: nem Re: Wildsea - Tue 05/03/24 08:18 UTC
[Linked Image from i.makeagif.com]
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Wildsea - Tue 05/03/24 17:05 UTC
Heh, I'm not sure I could keep to the same level of quality, but I would be willing to be a co-gm or something. grin <I serve the dark master Darth Google.>
Posted By: nem Re: Wildsea - Fri 08/03/24 18:46 UTC
Well never say never jk but what I need is an easy job in a quiet cubicle somewhere, where I can sneakily spend my screentime writing fun stuff rather than working!
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Wildsea - Fri 08/03/24 23:24 UTC
I work out of my living room, on my own computer, so as long as the things are flowing, I get left alone. I completely understand. grin
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post