DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Gryphon Fate of Cthulu - Kickstarter - Thu 16/05/19 18:33 UTC
Fate of Cthulhu Kickstarter Enters Final Week

The Fate of Cthulhu Kickstarter has been doing great – we're at over $65,000 raised so far — but we still need your support to reach all of the wonderful stretch goals we recently announced, including stretch goals by Ash McAllan, James Mendez Hodes, and Leverage / Librarians / Kingkiller Chronicles showrunner John Rogers. Help us make them a reality for you and our other backers! Every pledge counts.

In case you're still on the fence, we'd like to tell you a few things about Fate of Cthulhu.

This is not your traditional take on Lovecraft. The Elder Gods have already risen; you've been sent back in time to try and stop them. This makes the game more like Terminator or Aliens in feel than, say, Shadows Over Innsmouth.
This game doesn't use a sanity mechanic. We don't believe in stigmatizing or trivializing people's real life struggles with mental health. But also: we want your heroes to rise in competence instead of decaying into incapacity. This is Cthulhu with an action movie bent, not a gloomy suspense/horror vibe.

Innovative rules cover corruption by the Elder Gods, time travel ripple effects, heroic last stands, and rituals & spells.
It's a standalone RPG. We've tuned the essentials of Fate Core to a tight 50 pages contained within, so you don't need any other books to play.

The text of the game is ready to go. Backers get immediate access to the fully-playable rules-complete PDF.
We've already unlocked four stretch goals, including three new timelines to add variety to your apocalypses. And there are more timelines ahead as we fund more stretch goals

Delivery won't be held hostage to the success of the campaign. Our stretch goals are digital. We have art to order and some other editorial clean-up but we're very confident in our delivery estimate for the physical book. Our track record across a dozen Kickstarters shows if anything we deliver well ahead of schedule. And if you're worried about the impact of the recently announced tariffs—which look like they'll be hitting games and toys brought in from China—there's nothing to worry about, because this book (like all our books) will be printed in the USA.

Kickstarter Link
Posted By: Saph Re: Fate of Cthulu - Kickstarter - Fri 17/05/19 18:04 UTC
This is the game that finally sold me on Fate. I’m avidly reading through all the toolkits and Worlds now. I hope it can make the 90k stretch goal.
Posted By: Gryphon Re: Fate of Cthulu - Kickstarter - Sat 18/05/19 04:09 UTC
I've ordered a copy off the Kickstarter- the game, so far, looks fairly cool!

EvilHat has generally put out some very well thought out products. Looking forward to this one.
Posted By: Gryphon Re: Fate of Cthulu - Kickstarter - Wed 22/05/19 01:12 UTC
Hey Saph!

They made the stretch goal of 90K!

Actually they brought in just over 93K!
Posted By: Saph Re: Fate of Cthulu - Kickstarter - Fri 24/05/19 10:12 UTC
Woohoo!! That’s a really good showing. smile Excited to get those new timelines.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Fate of Cthulu - Kickstarter - Tue 03/03/20 22:35 UTC
Thanks for posting this. I completely missed the Kickstarter but I do enjoy both Cthulu and cinematic action as well as time travel stories. I will definitely have to pick this up during the GM day sale.
Posted By: Gryphon Re: Fate of Cthulu - Kickstarter - Tue 03/03/20 23:14 UTC
Pande,

I've been flipping through my copy, it looks like quite an excellent product.
Posted By: Pandemonium Re: Fate of Cthulu - Kickstarter - Wed 04/03/20 13:55 UTC
Awesome!
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post